Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Our Churches Are Lying To Us. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Churches Are Lying To Us. (733 Views)

Ways Satan Manifests Himself In Our Churches Today / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by Dyoungstar: 1:01am On Mar 16, 2015
[b]I wonder and marvel at the kind of Christians our churches produce these days.

With the news flying around one would easily conclude that if hell comes today, the Christians will be the first to be allocated mansions there and our pastors rule over the devil.

Imagine a certain well known church in Africa collecting gate fees from members before they could gain access into the church.

Is it A.Y live show?

Do you remember this quote?

Matthew 20:20-23 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Gone are those days you go to church and hear 'thus says the lord'

I remember in those days when worship and praise lifts the spirit but these days wizkid songs lifts the spirit better than gospel songs.

No sound doctrinal teachings anymore, pastors are too weak, can't even pray yet they claim to be leading us to God.

My brothers, the church today is business and pastors are motivational speakers turned pastors.

Remember this?

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

No pastor or church will lead you to God except yourself, so be careful lest you fall.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Inspired by:
WHY-DIDNT-YOU-GO-TO-CHURCH-TODAY?[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by nogames: 6:32am On Mar 16, 2015
Hnmm may God help us
Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by peteruuu(m): 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by emmyskies(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
Then come experience the mighty hand of LORD and Great King JESUS CHRIST in Deeper Life Bible Church. No be them say, come experience yourself
:sound holiness doctrine, healing and miracle, salvation, etc
Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by twosquare(m): 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
Better days are coming ahead.

1 Like

Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
Why don't you just point those churches instead of beating around the bush?
Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by frank317: 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Are u advising Christians to stop going to church?

Men of God are humans like u... They cannot do otherwise no matter how they claim to be possessed by holy spirit. Even the church members and the so called born again can't do otherwise. Even u the poster are no different, why? Because u are nothing but human and religion does nothing but makes us hypocrites.

We see them everyday, holy in the church and tiger at home or work place. When it comes to money its all about survival of the fittest, the so called holyspirit disappears until Sunday morning.

At the end of the day every one knows it's all a mind game and we can he'll being humans.

Abegi.... This thread is hypocritical. Leave pastors to do their thing.... U allowed it in the first place... how? By being gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Our Churches Are Lying To Us. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
For once I agree with the poster above me.

(1) (Reply)

. / The Inner Peace Of God That Tracends Human Comprehension / Does God Really Need My Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.