Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,519 members, 7,881,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

People Are Making Millions Blogging - Has Nigeria Been Left Behind? - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / People Are Making Millions Blogging - Has Nigeria Been Left Behind? (740 Views)

The Complete Guide To Making Millions Importing Used Cars, Laptops,phone,others / The Complete Guide To Making Millions Importing Used Cars, Laptops,phone,others / Secret Of Making Millions In Few Months From Tig Cooperative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Are Making Millions Blogging - Has Nigeria Been Left Behind? by Albato(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2009
For those who still think blogging is a waste of time, people are actually raking in millions doing just that. I mean people who take it seriously. Am aware lots of Nigerians are on the blogosphere but only a handful are getting serious dosh.

I came up with this list of the world's top bloggers. The good thing is that some have only one or two people running them. Yet they are valued in millions.There are too many of them to list out here so I have mentioned the ones I know. The estimates here are old and may have been exceeded considerably - its only a guide.

MacRumors: This blog talks about about Apple Inc and its products. People even visit it more than the Apple website for information. They get around $12 million from adverts per annum.

PerezHilton: Hollywood celeb gossip blog operated by one man (he probably got more people on board now). Gets around 1.3 million visitors a month. No profit figures but its pretty high based on the page view of over 150 million.

Huffington Post:  They blog about political news and current affairs. Started by Arianna Huffington. Gets around 5 million unique visitors per month and makes around $7.5 million yearly.

TechCrunch: Gets over 3 million unique visitors per month. They are probably the top tech blog on the internet and a destination for most gadget geeks. Its estimated to worth around $6 million.

Steve Pavlina of stevepavlina.com. Self development blog. Estimated Blog Value: $5,475,000. Estimated Annual Revenues: $365,000 (this one is run by one man)

Mashable: Blogs about social networks and latest internet startups. Worth around $10 million. The site claims five million page views. Gets around 700,000 uniques a month.  Revenue of $2 million. (started by one man but he's got more hands helping out now)

Boing Boing: Blogs about uniques stuff from all over the net. Worth around $8 million. Gets around 700,000 unique visits a month. Makes around $1.6 million. (I think there are 3 major people behind this one)

GigaOm: worth around $8 million. This is another top tech site. Gets around 300,000 visitors monthly. Revenue total is at around $1,200,000.

Do you still think blogging is not for you? Its time we join seriously in the blogosphere. We need our own perez hilton. Afterall we do have a florishing movie and music industry. We need our own Techcrunch, GigaOm and Mashable (am aware of startupsnigeria). We already have Odilinet and others doing very well. Also kudos to Seun and other pioneers who are doing quite well. My signature contains my own latest contribution to the cause.

(1) (Reply)

Redefinition 2oo9(1st Student Designers Fashion Show) / Guray Suits In London Cheap Cheap / "21 Hot Business You Can Do In The Year 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.