Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,054 members, 7,949,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

21stccDr's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 21stccDr's Profile / 21stccDr's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Health / Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by 21stccDr(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2007
this is 21st century dr.

As a public enlightenment, I hope to educate readers on what it takes to be a doctor in nigeria.

A fact states that a small percentage of any population is made of highly brainy individuals. And most of those who belong to this class end up as doctors. Medical Course and Practise is not like Information Technology where people deal with machines and some virtual computer codes. Doctors Deal with LIFE, error is unacceptable so every effort has to go into learning the nitty gritty of human existence, The reason the course is hard and practise is harder.

Take a time out and see one of the TV Medical Series around, "grey's anatomy preferably". You will realise that life as a doctor is more than the seeming prestige that is attached to it.

As a Doctor in our 9ja I would be faced with the following challenges (I am still in school)
LACK OF FACILITIES
POOR PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATION
INAPPROPRIATE WAGE COMPARED TO SOCIAL STATUS AND SERVICE RENDERED
etc.

While I take a time out before I elaborate on these, just keep at the back you mind that 9ja doctors are realy trying.

cya
Health / Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by 21stccDr(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2007
Na wa o!

I actually Joined 9raland 'cos of this kind of discussion and I am glad I eventually run into one.

[size=37pt][/size]

9ja doctors are really trying

This is my own intro
Health / Re: Is Being Gay Bad? by 21stccDr(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2007
I am a Dental Surgery Student at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, that's LUTH.

Being a GAY.

If I have to talk from my belief point of view, It's absolutely an unacceptable thing. But I am sure that is not enough to desuade any body from any act.

This is my 5th year of training and I am not trying to scare you by that you are highly predisposed to a lot of health hazard which could take you away from the enjoyment you seek, fast! "Sudden embarrasing Death"

Homos have played a very serious part in the transmission of HIV/AIDS and some other diseases that should not have been contracted and transmitted if some natural laws are just humbly respected.

The RECTUM (the tubelike structure before the ANUS) is not as though as the VAGINA so when there is penetration there is a very high tendency of a bruise which opens the body to infections, HIV and all.

Please if not for your own sake, consider the people who love you and want a good tomorrow for you, don't let them down.

I'd be so glad to read that you have given being a GAY!

cya
Health / Re: What Is The Cause Of Waist Pain by 21stccDr(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2007
hi waist pain people, I am a medical students at LUTH so my opinion is a lot guided concerning the issue. When we hear pain, the first thing that comes to our minds as Medical persons is TRAUMA. May be you have caused a physical injury to that part of your body consciously or unconsciously.

I'd not want to start prescribing any therapy, What I think is the best is whenever you have such visit a VERY GOOD doctor for neccesary diagnostic procedures.

This is the right attitude that should be imbibed by all HEALTH SEEKERS

cya, 21st cc. Dr.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.