Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,929,002 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:26 AM

Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss (849 Views)

"On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / Wives Of Boko Haram Militants Surrender In Borno / President Idriss Deby of Chad Announces Location Of Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by 9jagistonline(m): 7:02am On Mar 18, 2015
Chadian President Idriss Deby on Wednesday vowed to “wipe out” Boko Haram and called on the group’s chief Abubakar Shekau to surrender, warning that he knew where the militant leader was hiding.
“It is in Abubakar Shekau’s interest to surrender, we know where he is. If he refuses to give himself up, he will suffer the same fate as his comrades,” Deby said at a press conference with his visiting Niger counterpart.
Deby said Shekau had fled the strategic northeast Nigerian town of Dikwa after Boko Haram fighters were chased out of the town by Chadian troops in fierce clashes last month.
The Chadian army at the time said two of its soldiers and 117 Boko Haram Islamists were killed in the fighting around Dikwa in Nigeria’s Borno state on February 17.
“We are going to win the war and we are going to wipe out Boko Haram, contrary to what certain media think. The Chadian and Niger forces will continue their mission to finally put an end to this shadowy group,” Deby said.
Little is known of Shekau, who has been declared a global terrorist by the United States and sanctioned by the United Nations.
Nigerian security officials insist he is in fact a composite character whose role is taken by a rotating cast of different militant fighters.
According to security services, the original Abubakar Shekau was the son of poor farmers who was radicalised while attending theological schools and took over Boko Haram in 2010.
The Nigerian military said last September that a man posing as Shekau in videos posted online had in fact been killed after fighting with troops in the far northeast.
The United States and other experts, however, have questioned the credibility of that claim while Shekau has outright rejected it in a video.
Nigeria and its neighbours Chad, Niger and Cameroon last month launched an unprecedented joint campaign against the Nigeria-based Boko Haram group, after the militants widened their offensive with attacks in the neighbouring countries.
Nigerian military spokesman, Major General Chris Olukolade on Wednesday also pledged to snuff out Boko Haram, which claims to be fighting ot create an Islamic state in Nigeria.
“Indeed there is no going back or slowing down anywhere,” he old a news conference in the Nigerian capital Abuja.
“The air campaigns are continuing with a view to dislodging all the identified terrorist cells, enclaves or hideouts anywhere in the designated mission area,” the spokesman said.

Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by daimsy(f): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2015
I love the move. grin
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by DaBullIT(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2015
You have known since last month

Meanwhile , PDP claimed they have shekau

Shekau is either 2 or someone is lying and it aint eedris grin
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by alberto2k(m): 7:16am On Mar 18, 2015
Pls they should Put a bullet through that man's once sighted! angry
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by Orunto: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2015
Capture him like Saddam Hussein so he could be hung by his ears!
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by SkyBlue1: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2015
President Idriss taking the lead to sort out Nigeria's mess and showing Jonathan what leadership looks like. Can you imagine? Giant of Africa my right yansh
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by asadike(f): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2015
Oh my God! Did I hear u right? U know where our most wanted terrorist is and you are still waiting to do d needful?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Has To Surrender In His Interest, We Know Where He Is -idriss by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Orunto:
Capture him like Saddam Hussein so he could be hung by his ears!

ill prefer "SAMUEL DOE" style..that one is more better what do u think undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Split If Election Is Rigged – Afenifere / My Encounter At An IDP Camp Today / I Am A Daughter Of Maryam Babangida, I Am Her Fan - Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.