Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,807 members, 7,924,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 05:27 PM

Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram (508 Views)

Cultists In Bonny,Rivers Denounce & Handover Their Weapons To Government / Three Arrested In Fraud Scheme With Ties To Violent Nigerian Group: Police / Nigerian Group Protest The Killing Of Two Nigerians By The Indonesian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Demmzy15(m): 1:56am On Mar 19, 2015
A group, Muslims Against Terror, has condemned atrocities carried out by Boko Haram, ISIS, Al-Qaeda and their affiliates around the world.

In their press release, which dates March 18, 2015, the group denounces atrocities inflicted by extremist takfiri (a takfiri is a Muslim who accuses another Muslim of apostasy) groups such as Boko Haram, ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, also known as Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant), and Al-Qaeda.

The press release was seemingly issued in a response to ISIS allegedly accepting Boko Haram’s “bay’ah” (oath of allegiance). The group explains the move as Boko Haram needing “a propaganda boost” while coalition of African states is boosting efforts in an attempt to wipe the insurgents out from North-eastern Nigeria.

The group reminded that Islam is the religion “of peace, love and total submission to the will of the Almighty Allah” and restated that Islam [/i]“completely rejects such terrorists behavior”.[i]

[/i]“Extremist groups (ISIS/Boko Haram) are terrorist organisations that are killing innocent people in cities, attacking the government of Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, etc. That violates the principles of Islam and the noble Prophet,”[i] the statement reads.

[/i]“The ISIS/Boko Haram has nothing to do with Islam and have committed crimes that cannot be tolerated [and] violate Sharia and humanitarian laws … crimes that have affected Christians in Mosul, Yazidis, Kurds, and all other faiths and peoples in the Middle East and North and West Africa.[i]

[/i]“We the Muslims Against Terror organisation and other Muslim brothers in faith around the world are determined to fight terrorism in all forms. Islam is the religion of moderation. … We will confront deviant ideology where it appears, including in school, curriculas; Islam is a religion of diversity and tolerance.[i]

[/i]“We therefore urge citizens in Nigeria, and the citizens of North Africa, Iraq, Iran, etc. Christians, Jews, Muslims and others around the world to volunteer to carry arms, and join the government forces to wage “jihad” (struggle, resisting) to fight and defend themselves, their families, cities and country against these militants.”[i]

The group has appealed to the international community to aid the Multinational Joint Task Force and governments of Iraq, Iran, Syria, Nigeria, etc. in fighting the insurgents.

They thank the volunteer youths, the civilian JTF, the Nigerian army, Chad, Cameroon, Niger and others for fighting the “takfiri terrorists” in Nigeria’s North. Also, the group extended condolences and sympathies to the families of the victims killed by the terrorists.

According to their official website, Muslims Against Terror group exists since 2012. They present themselves as “a forum for Muslims from Nigeria and all over the world” to declare the truth and peace. The group encourages “mutual cooperation, understanding, and empathy between all who believe in God and strive for righteousness”.

To make donations that would allow the group to “help fight Boko Haram and ISIS militants” and “take care of the families of the victims of civilian JTF and youths who volunteered and were killed by Boko Haram in North-eastern Nigeria,” More>>

http://muslimsagainstterror.com/
Re: Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by ojayfrancis(m): 2:00am On Mar 19, 2015
Tor
Re: Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by dokyOloye: 2:29am On Mar 19, 2015
Good morning this afternoon.
Re: Nigerian Group Muslims Against Terror Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2015
Er . . . duh, this doesn't change anything

(1) (Reply)

Error... / Must See!!! Boko Haram Kidnaps Another 400 Women In Damask / Post Construction Cleaning Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.