Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,402 members, 7,904,500 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's (20365 Views)

Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Wilbillion(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

see as you rush quote and insult me, upon say I don modify, na wa for you oooo!

It took longer time to load on my system, so I thought there were no pix attached
Moral of the story - do not take a knife to a gun-fight
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by holyfather(m): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

Oya sorry nor vex.

Agwa bu mma nwanyi
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by bashydemy(m): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2015
Woww This orderliness was maintain then unlike now..
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by bigfrancis21: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2015
Orderliness and peace that characterized Lagos in the 60s.

The scenario now has totally changed!
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by harffie(m): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2015
mekaboy:

R u ready to refund the federal govt all the money it invested in making lagos the capital?

R u ready to pay all the people who are not from lagos but own property and investment in lagos for the value ?
How about those that have investment in other states and are lagosians? are you ready to pay them back??
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by olayinkaj2(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2015
Things has really changed now o. See as people just corporate dey waka jeje and bicycle sef get lane. Come and see things now, you will be amazed at what this danfo drivers do on the road, no time wasting facing one way straight even climbing culvet to beat traffic and lastma be like ma a wo were yi sha. We now have crazy drivers even men in suit are not left out.
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by ola9ja(m): 9:01am On Mar 20, 2015
What has gone wrong? we were suppose to have been better than the way we are now, if we had followed that Trend, Where exactly did we miss it, in all ramifications we deserve more than we are been giving.
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Seewealth(m): 9:04am On Mar 20, 2015
it has been long this indiscipline we are battling today has been existing. see some sharp guys trying shortcut when other bike riders are lining up and moving slowly. Lol
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by GREATP1(m): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2015
I in my own opinion doubt the reality of this picture. How many cara do we have on the road as at this period that will lead to this type of traffic. This can never be real.
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Revolva(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2015
Good old lagos...bak den where everywhere in innocent
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Theultimate(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Eeewo! See the set/kind of cars. Vespa was also the best bike then
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by anselchris(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-xS_LxNrP1l0/VQqht1ZwOwI/AAAAAAAEx-A/dxVkWI6MVzk/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
And men riding bicycles to work with ease.
source

I wish i was in this era. No worries Era
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by mekaboy(m): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2015
harffie:
How about those that have investment in other states and are lagosians? are you ready to pay them back??

No, Nigeria is no mans land. The only land that is urs is the one u have the c of o.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by mmsen: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2015
simplemach:
These cars are even right handed which Nigeria nver used. It is certainly not Nigeria.

Nigeria used to drive on the left until 1972.

This pic was taken when Nigeria had visionary and responsible leaders such as Awolowo - if you don't know what that man did for this country go and find out.

What we see in Lagos today is the inevitable result of unbridled population growth.

I've seen pics of Lagos from the mid 1970s when it was still a beautiful place with a manageable population.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Rexnegro(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2015
mekaboy:
Nigeria has really invested alot to turn this state around. Lagos was really built on the resources and sweat of all Nigerians.

#Nomansland
Pls go isale eko , badagry or awori among others place that lagos indigenes are much n say #nomansland if u come back the way u re u get luck that's if they no kill u. All state has their own indigenes and that include. Lagos is yoruba state hence erase that nomansland idea from ur banky w shape of head. Idiott

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by peren: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2015
how do we know this is Lagos sef??
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by harffie(m): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
mekaboy:

No, Nigeria is no mans land. The only land that is urs is the one u have the c of o.
gbayi
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Bollinger(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

so orderly, those were the sane days, no be these days wey you go see mad person behind the wheels, you begin to wonder who issued them driving license

what you see there is same as what you have today. The difference is, there no street hawkers, beggers, 1000 okada's, jay walkers, and police checkpoints. These all contribute to the mayhem.
Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by diamondpaul(m): 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2015
Shey u no say u be werey sha# shoroniyen no man' ss land.. Na ur ancestor's ill locked land wey dey east be no man land. Oponu jatijati.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's by Konquest: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
mekaboy:
Nigeria has really invested alot to turn this state around. Lagos was really built on the resources and sweat of all Nigerians.

#Nomansland

@mekaboy

Don't get it twisted with your very unwise
last comment about Lagos State being a
nomansland.

I believe you are Ibo from your name.....
and this statement is notoriously common
among mainly Ibos.

Now the capital of Nigeria was Marina, Lagos Island and NOT Lagos State.

When the British left in 1960, Lagos Island served as their administrative capital.

Lagos State was founded by Gen. Yakubu Gowon on May 27, 1967, and Lagos Island
also served as the capital of the new Lagos State as well as of Nigeria till 1976 when Ikeja became the new capital of Lagos State!

Sir Allan Burns, the Governor General of
Nigeria clearly stated in his book "The History of Nigeria" that Lagos Island is Yoruba, including Ilorin. He listed in the 4th edition of the book published in 1948, page 33 that of the 11 largest towns in Nigeria, 10 of them are Yoruba towns such as Ibadan, Lagos Island, Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Abeokuta, Iwo, Oshogbo, Ede, Iseyin, and Oyo town. The Hausa town of Kano was listed among the 11 largest towns
I have listed from the book of this senior
British Colonial officer who acted as the
Governor of Nigeria in 1942! His book is right in front of me as I type this...

The Ijebus of Epe LGA, Ikorodu LGA, Lekki,
the Aworis of Badagry also own the remaining Local Governments in Lagos State, and the Ogus also own Badagry LGA
with the Aworis.

These 3 sub-ethnic groups Ijebus, Aworis, and Ogus are the land owners of Lagos State and will remain so till the end of time! Lagos State - NOT even Marina, Lagos (Lagos Island) is a so-called nomansland.

Desist from exhibiting your educational
and historical ignorance on Nairaland
and let the true indigenes and owners of
Lagos State enjoy their State which Gen. Yakubu Gowon created for them in May 1967 along with the old Rivers State making 12 states that he created with the
strong input of the Ijaw nationalist leader
(Chief Harold Dappa Biriye), and Dr. Ken Saro-Wiwa.

Young people like you don't read history book anymore and that is why some Ibos
deliberately distort and insult the history
and indigenes of Lagos State by saying Lagos is a nomansland. You will never find Edo people, other Nigerians, and even
Yorubas from other states such as Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Ondo, and Osun typing such reckless statements online
or make verbal statements calling Lagos State a nomansland. It is only people of Ibo ancestry that I have heard exhibiting
such overbearing attitude!

Marina, Lagos Island(The Capital of the British Colonialists from 1906 till 1960), is
NOT the same as the whole of Lagos State).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria / Admission Into Austrian Universities. / NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.