Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,877 members, 7,912,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 08:14 AM

Growing Up. While I Miss The 1900s (20century) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Up. While I Miss The 1900s (20century) (561 Views)

Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today / Hilarious But True: Growing Up With Siblings ( Pics) / A Lesson I Learnt From Football While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Growing Up. While I Miss The 1900s (20century) by Eastherbunny(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
Way back then was they anything we didn't do.
Waking up very early on weekend and holidays to play all kinds of game men that a priceless childhood memory.

Like many nigerians kids back then growing up was sweet even though we all had nothing much but what we could achieve with limited resource was frictional looking back.
We were all living peace as we were until the visitor called modern technology and modernisation or western culture came and open our eyes like the forbidden fruit in the bible.

I wish I could have one last test but time won't let me. Let me share some of the things I miss about the old days.

#1. To the indomie generations do you know they was a time that you could bath with cynthia/john in public or private together as a 12year old and don't have the urge of jerking off. True that

#2. Tales by moonlight.
Men I miss that moment. It was the closest I had to the internet and wikipedia.

#3. Agility and adventurous
Would believe if I told you that pushing 5gallons of water for a distance like 5miles was what we called lazy back then. And we were not afraid of going deep into the forest for cashews and mangos. Now I can't trek from calloss miller to artillery bus top,oh and since I know the name and ability of the deadliest snake in my back yard going to the farm for excursion is a major achievement now.

#4. Respect
Yes the society has lost that big time.
I called my nephew the other day what I heard was how far(back then who born you)on the other end. Plus or cultural value are dwindling rapidly.

There are so many more I could say but let me stop here.
Add yours if you miss the old days.

Pls don't correct my write up, you're not my teacher and this not an assignment.

(1) (Reply)

How World Leaders Plotted Jonathan's Defeat -- Nigerian Tribune / Join The Selfie Fun / 9 Reasons Why Every Nigerian Secretly Hates Nepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.