Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,569 members, 7,978,888 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigerian Men: Respect - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men: Respect (4932 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by bluespice(f): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2009
embarassed smiley :p
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by agaba123(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2009
Blue,
when was it? have so many mails in that box and most of them are spam.

whats the name on it or rather could you please resend it?
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by vodka(f): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
[/quote][quote author=ohaechesi link=topic=221274.msg3364893#msg3364893 date=1232454865]
listen, to hell with you all good for nothing (acclaimed degree holders) Chic's. the way you ladies laments are quit disgusting. ok if you should share of the same right with your hubby (demanding respect from him first), why don't you go out there and get your self a husband rather than waiting for donkey years for one good man to approach you and turn your life around. make you a woman and crown you with dignity. for Christ sake who the hell are you (women) to question the authority of your man? Let me quickly remind you that what men needs from you is just the kids. whereby you think you've grown wings, to your tent oh Israel. why wont you "divide before he comes out from the bathroom" whereby if he should embark on a trip, you will serve it as kola even to your house boy sad. una never hala until una eat gala grin
WHO THE HELL ARE  YOU TO TALK RUBBISH ABOUT GOD'S GREATEST CREATURES?
listen this respect thingy is both ways.
its obvious from your post that you're both immature and not very smart. oh you must be like 10 right?

because the few women you've met in your lifetime happen to be cheap whores who "gave it to their houseboys" DO NOT qualify all women by this xter my friend.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by bluespice(f): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
just did cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by ohaechesi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
vodka:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK RUBBISH ABOUT GOD'S GREATEST CREATURES?
listen this respect thingy is both ways.
its obvious from your post that you're both immature and not very smart. oh you must be like 10 right?

because the few women you've met in your lifetime happen to be cheap whores who "gave it to their houseboys" DO NOT qualify all women by this xter my friend.

i would take that for a joke or else you wont tell me that you are not aware the major cause for broken homes today was as a result of abuse on that private part by women. don't pretend being ignorant of the fact that most women divide that precious part outside their matrimonial homes. then tomorrow the same woman will turn up with some kind of excusses to the hubby, share me that crap angry
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2009
@ topic

Discussing these topics is a waste of time! Do as you wish, but just find the right person.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by ohaechesi(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2009
respect should not only be attributed to marriage, it voiced down to all our ramification. i respect  even a day old baby irrespective of my status so long as he/her values it but whereby he/she doesn't, wait and see fire angry u never hala until u eat gala
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Epi: 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2009
The Nigerians men that I know personally and those that I interact with on a daily basis are smart, intelligent, hard working and respectable.  The only thing I can say is that they are no-nonsense people.  They are not going sit by and let you “walk-over” (take advantage) them.  

My mother and I are best of friends all because of my boyfriend.  I am not telling him that though. . . . .might swell his head grin

Yep, he is all about respect

One love
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by SisiJinx: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2009
I don’t get the logic in this statement – women who are online aren’t married because if they are, they will be too busy to be online.

Alright, what about the men? Can we assume men who are online are also single and if they are not single, why aren’t they too busy to be online?

In a very childish way to insult women who don't kowtow to a man, one person here has gone a long way to prove most if not all our points about how some Nigerian men treat their wives like slaves.

Why will a married woman be too busy to be online if not that you’ve got her shackled to the stove?

Why is she too busy to be online if it isn’t that you have her working tirelessly morning afternoon and night? Do you help at all? Of course not. . . that would be disrespectful to your person, right? Yep, yours is to sit you bottom of lard on the couch, surfing the net and spewing trash while she sweats away make a life for both of you.

How do you know she is not online if it’s not that you monitor her every move? Do you also give her permission to use the computer? How many minutes is she allowed? Does she get more for good behavior? What does good behavior entail? Cooking your food, feeding it you on her knees and messaging your feet at the same time?

Why will a married woman be too busy to be online??!!!!!

An Answer will be appreciated. . . Thank you
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by ohaechesi(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
epi:

The Nigerians men that I know personally and those that I interact with on a daily basis are smart, intelligent, hard working and respectable. The only thing I can say is that they are no-nonsense people. They are not going sit by and let you “walk-over” (take advantage) them.

My mother and I are best of friends all because of my boyfriend. I am not telling him that though. . . . .might swell his head grin

Yep, he is all about respect

One love

My dear, may your days be long. you have earned your self more blessing for resounding exactly who we are. there is no contest to your post girl. i facade u r from a good home grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by iice(f): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2009
cvibe:

@iice
You want the person to use their initiative in the 2nd sentence.

You mean you want her to cement her status as the maid and caretaker.
Whatever happened to 'Please can you help me'?

spikedcylinder:

Na wa o. Where do you people meet all these useless men?

People get what they set out to attract be it consciously or unconsciously undecided
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by JustGood(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2009
iice:

[color=#9900ff]People get what they set out to attract be it consciously or unconsciously undecided

Exactly
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by SisiJinx: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2009
jintujinta:

Well, i guess the right point to start this discussion should be defining what respect is and what it isnt. What people see as respect in a nation or culture or location or region may not be seen as respect in another.

1) Would he find it disrespectful if I asked him to start cooking because I am stuck in traffic or even, help me out in the kitchen when I am cooking?
2) Would he find it disrespectful if I asked him to do the laundry?
3) Would he find it disrespectful if I told him I really don't want to have sex but I'll rather cuddle and talk?
4) Would he find it disrespectful if I told him that I feel his mom has been visiting too frequently?

All these, may or may not result in disrespect depending on how they are presented, just like someone already pointed out. Respect for other person's feelings, opinion, freedom, etc are the issues that really matter in a relationship. When adequately taken care of, you will soon discover that you will be respected when you too respect people because respect is reciprocal.

So what do you term as "respect"?

Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!!! Most people don't really want to touch on the reciprocating aspect of this issue. They just want to ram the "Respect Your Man" mantra down our throats and expect us to swallow it with nary a word.

Look, more often than not, women are automatically switched on to the respect your man mode, it only starts to dial down when their own feelings, their own opinions, their own freedom. . . basically everything that concerns them isn't respected.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by whitelexi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2009
The only thing I can say is that they are no-nonsense people. They are not going sit by and let you “walk-over” (take advantage) them.

I am a no-nonsense man who was raised in a no nonsense home where no male was allowed into the kitchen for whatever reason. The only reason why i cook is because i am a bachelor and have to cook for myself. . . Cooking is not hard and having done it now for like 10 consecutive yrs or more, i can only say that only the lazy woman will complain about it.
Truth is, a woman must prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that she can cook better than me (Those who have tasted my cooking know it is a challenge to anyone).
The same goes for laundry, house-keeping, and every other task that a woman can possibly complain about. As a bachelor i sweep my house, dust and keep the whole place clean, why then should a woman complain?

This talk is not even necessary, when the time comes - all these shorties will learn to buckle up grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by MaiSuya(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
See them, see thier mouth pepepepepepe. At home or on the internet, they're all the same . . . angry
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by SisiJinx: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mai gida na, didn't I show you respect enough? I knelt down and I didn't look you in the eye. . .what more can a miji ask from his mata? cry cry
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by spikedcylinder: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mai Suya:

See them, see thier mouth pepepepepepe. At home or on the internet, they're all the same . . . angry

LOL! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by rubi(f): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Topic respect is not demanded you earn it
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by fs(f): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Just Good, thanks for your comment. Yes, I am happily married.

I am just saddened when I read some of these posts, then I remember that it's not mandatory to get married to someone that's unfit for you. If there's a man out there that demands things that you consider ridiculous, then don't marry him. Yes I know at times that one can be desperate, but at that point that person would have to decide if he/she wants to be unhappy for the rest of their life or not. My husband always says that the goal in a marriage is to be happy and help each other grow. Sometimes I wonder what people think the goal of a marriage is (probably just to have children).

At the end of the day, everyone should just make sure they know who they are and what they believe before they get themselves into what is supposed to last a lifetime, and hopefully a happy one at that. We can't change anyone so we shouldn't think when we get married, we'l'l do that. WE should get to know the person now and open our eyes to the red flags, they are typically not hard to see.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by vodka(f): 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2009
ohaechesi:

i would take that for a joke or else you wont tell me that you are not aware the major cause for broken homes today was as a result of abuse on that private part by women. don't pretend being ignorant of the fact that most women divide that precious part outside their matrimonial homes. then tomorrow the same woman will turn up with some kind of excusses to the hubby, share me that crap angry
you call it abuse to the private part?? what are you talking about? sex or rape? that is not the cause for broken homes today.

yeah and i would take it that it is only the 'woman' who are guilty of infidelity in marriage. in fact i wldn't put it past you to say they arehe major cause right? like men don't cheat? they don't beat their wives?they don't abandon their kids?they don't sleep with the maid or her best friend even though she"respects" the hell outta him?

you know what? ou're not making a lot of sense next pleasssseeee!!
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by MaiSuya(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Mai gida na, didn't I show you respect enough? I knelt down and I didn't look you in the eye. . .what more can a miji ask from his mata? cry cry

Kai, wanna mata fa, SISI JINX!, SISI JINX!!, [size=14pt]SISI JINX!!![/size], sau nawa nichie kira sunna ki? gaskiya, za . . . sharpen suya knife  grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Safia(f): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2009
Heat fusion you nailed the Nigerian men. This is the mind set or mentality I've encountered in a one-sided relationship. Of course, I did not put up with it. However, you've clearly identified it. Something not mentioned was that, in the beginning they pretend to love you, using the 3 words to generate feelings of love and once you give into them they change. Some say they go down and once the deed is done they don't do it. Most don't. The only people that would refute this behavior is the Nigerian men themselves, but women are getting wise to their games by sharing information. grin ~ Safia
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by deeplo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
Man: Honey, I'm home (Honey. I’m home)

Woman: *knees down* Welcome, my lord, my king, my husband, your food is already on the table. ( *hug him* how Is your day. Guess what, I prepared something delicious just for you )

Man: Haaa! This woman, won't you relieve me of my bag? (the man will not even remember he’s holding any weight cos his right hand is wrap round his wife waist)

Woman: Am sorry, my lord, . *takes bag* ( by this time the woman is looking at her sweetheart’s eyes and beaming with smile

____________________________________________________________ ________

Man: I'd need iyan and egusi to munch on while am watching arsenal vs. Manchester.
Man: *Please* can you make me iyan and egusi to munch on while am watching Arsenal Vs Manchester

Woman: Yes, my oga. Whta drink would you like with it?
Woman: Yes ofcourse honey* what drink would you like with it ?
(Beer, juice or vodka… u must have known what your man likes)

Man: You this woman, don't bother me. You know I like beer. waka
Man: I like beer to go with it, thank you Honey.

____________________________________________________________ ___
Woman: I don't want sex tonight, plz, my husband.
Woman: Honey, it has been a hard day for me, can we skip it tonight, plz honey

Man: You are very disrespectful, who asked you? Do you know who I am? Who are you? Who are you?
Man: sure honey, let me cuddle you and let you sleep in my arms, it getting cold

MEN SHOULD LEARN TO TALK TO THEIR WIFES AND WOMEN SHOULD LEARN HOW TO REPLY WHEN THE HEAT IS ON

) Would he find it disrespectful if I asked him to start cooking because I am stuck in traffic or even, help me out in the kitchen when I am cooking?
2) Would he find it disrespectful if I asked him to do the laundry?
3) Would he find it disrespectful if I told him I really don't want t have sex but I'll rather cuddle and talk?
4) Would he find it disrespectful if I told him that I feel his mom has been visiting too frequently?

1. Of course I can help out in the kitchen if you are stuck in the traffic and that is only and I mean only when you don’t do it always or as an excuse. However, it is the joy of every responsible woman to cook for his family except for those who think otherwise as being slavery.
2. On what ground should I do the laundry?, is it When u r sick? or when you are sleeping?, watching nollywood? Or rather when you are breast feeding the baby.
3. where else should I get that sex from?, if not with you and that is why I must be attended to at all time… and if there is a good reason why you cant say it with love and not like a boss.
4. Hahahahah… one day you will be a mother and your daughter-inlaw will tell ur son that you visit too much. Hopefully this site will still be on and then u can come and tell us how u feel. Yes it is the worst disrespect ever in this world. My own mother, you dare not say it, just be nurturing that in your mind.

They way I see it some women ( not all*) who earn more than their spouse always tend to disrespect just because the husband earn 5digit salary and she earn 6digit. …. First, let us define and understand what respect is all about before we begin the argument.

@iice.
Good work, let everyone of us learn how to use appropriate word when it matter most.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by JustGood(m): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
yesterday, my I made my own lunch for work cos my wife was almost late for work. This morning, she was up early and made me something special for lunch.

i dont like going in the kitchen except I have to AND I cant compel my wife to make my meal but she does it because she likes to do it. I think its one of the things she enjoys doing for me. If that means I am enslaving my wife, too bad.

Even when she was doing a PG study, she made me food most times. I dont see it as any big deal. Did any man starve before getting married? That (food making) is definitely not a measure of respect. When she was writing exams sometime ago, I made meals for the whole family and I'm sure I taught her a thing or two in the kitchen about how to burn everything you cook grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Sapphic: 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!!! Most people don't really want to touch on the reciprocating aspect of this issue. They just want to ram the "Respect Your Man" mantra down our throats and expect us to swallow it with nary a word.

Look, more often than not, women are automatically switched on to the respect your man mode, it only starts to dial down when their own feelings, their own opinions, their own freedom. . . basically everything that concerns them isn't respected.

Hear! Hear!! wink
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Hauwa1: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2009
first time you are stucked in traffick, came home no food. oga hungry too but on cell and watching BET
second time you stucked in traffic, came home no food just stew and no rice or just rice and no stew. oga wacked it at 2pm. dinner not yet oga napping.
third time, on your way home, get KFC, SK, Chinese, Sonic burger (ewww), japanese sushi with you. on the way, stop by Jamaica restuarant and wack yourself. drop the box in the fridge. eat some if you still want if not, put the left over in the fridge or keep all.

if he still want that you heavenly cooking, wetin concern you. rent a movie from netflix or blockbuster and watch as you relax prep for next day.

ha abeg desperate situation requires desperate remedy.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Hauwa1: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2009
truth be said, when you are single (guy or lady), it is easy to do it. when you marry i think it changes because now you are doing for two or more instead of for yourself. that is the reason why we should help and it is lovely doing things together afterall it takes two to make love.

i can cook, i love making great meals whether nigeria meals, african meals or western meals. now because i can cook does not mean my hubby to be should not give me a treat most of the time too. we are together in it. i won't stress no food at all. we both go eat out at a nice cozy place.

nigeria food no easy shall, too much work.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by fs(f): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2009
JustGood:

yesterday, my I made my own lunch for work cos my wife was almost late for work. This morning, she was up early and made me something special for lunch.

i dont like going in the kitchen except I have to AND I cant compel my wife to make my meal but she does it because she likes to do it. I think its one of the things she enjoys doing for me. If that means I am enslaving my wife, too bad.

Even when she was doing a PG study, she made me food most times. I dont see it as any big deal. Did any man starve before getting married? That (food making) is definitely not a measure of respect. When she was writing exams sometime ago, I made meals for the whole family and I'm sure I taught her a thing or two in the kitchen about how to burn everything you cook grin

JustGood, I don't think anyone is saying that a woman cannot cook for her husband/family. I think the issue is when people say she has to do it or when her husband is completely content with doing most of the cooking and then people OUTSIDE the marriage decide to concern themselves with what's not their business and say he shouldn't be doing it. The point is that it is not any particular human being's work. Some women love to cook, some men love to do the same. Anyone of them in a marriage should do it. In your case, your wife loves to do it, no problem. The problem arises when either party in a marriage does NOT like to cook. In that case, I think they should just both do it together or pretty much have a detailed discussion on how it's going to work before they enter into a marriage.

People forget that when we were growing up in Nigeria, many of our parents had help (maids, drivers, guys that washed clothes, etc). In my house anyway, my mother did NOT do everything. We had help. For those of us in the US now, labor is not as cheap as it is/was in Nigeria, so we have to do everything. Ofcourse, this needs to be shared to maintain a happy home. And at the end of the day, I'm hoping that is what we all want. Because if that's not the case, there's no need to get married. Why live a miserable life for the rest of one's life? God has created us on this earth for much more than that. Everyone should just try to figure out what their end goals are, because to tell the truth, I don't think this thing is as complicated as many make it out to be.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by JustGood(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
fs, you're right there.

The problem always arises when people try to tell other people how to be in their relationships as if they can profer one answer to fit all relationships. You get people telling husbands not to do kitchenwork for their wives and you find bitter women trying to tell women that they should be insisting on their men cooking at home.

People should keep their bitterness to themselves and not spread their evil around.
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by MaiSuya(m): 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2009
fs:

JustGood, I don't think anyone is saying that a woman cannot cook for her husband/family. I think the issue is when people say she has to do it or when her husband is completely content with doing most of the cooking and then people OUTSIDE the marriage decide to concern themselves with what's not their business and say he shouldn't be doing it. The point is that it is not any particular human being's work. Some women love to cook, some men love to do the same. Anyone of them in a marriage should do it. In your case, your wife loves to do it, no problem. The problem arises when either party in a marriage does NOT like to cook. In that case, I think they should just both do it together or pretty much have a detailed discussion on how it's going to work before they enter into a marriage.

People forget that when we were growing up in Nigeria, many of our parents had help (maids, drivers, guys that washed clothes, etc). In my house anyway, my mother did NOT do everything. We had help. For those of us in the US now, labor is not as cheap as it is/was in Nigeria, so we have to do everything. Ofcourse, this needs to be shared to maintain a happy home. And at the end of the day, I'm hoping that is what we all want. Because if that's not the case, there's no need to get married. Why live a miserable life for the rest of one's life? God has created us on this earth for much more than that. Everyone should just try to figure out what their end goals are, because to tell the truth, I don't think this thing is as complicated as many make it out to be.

Well said fs, yours has always been a  refreshingly sane voice among the vacuous hullabaloo coming from your peers. Do women  really think that by being rebellious, by usurping or at best undermining the man’s authority, by showing you can 'stand up to him', that will get him pander to your desires? FAT CHANCE!

If females feel that men are getting worse, it’s simply because they (men) are responding to their(female) worsening behavior. Understand this: he is a man; he is built to face challenges, he does not bow to them, he faces them squarely, much less when coming from . . .

Look, you ladies should get it right: I go to the market, cook, do the laundry( sincerely I do!), heck, even wash her undies with stains of em . . . you know . . . 'aunt flo'(uggh!). It doesn't take anything from me, and I can boldly say many Najia men will gladly do the same. Jeez, are we animals? How can any right thinking man, seeing his wife is expectant, incapacitated or just plain tired, still expect her to run kitchen to prepare food for him? That will be criminal.

So what then is the problem?

We will not take orders from our wives, nor will we not bow to her rebellious inclinations, as the female contributors are advocating.  I will do her duties when, in my finite wisdom, I feel I should. THAT"S WHY I AM HEAD  grin ladies dont like hearing that, huh? TOUGH

In Africa we have traditional respect for someone who is older; since in over 90% of the cases the man is usually the older one, it will be disrespectful for his wife to be giving him orders.,
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by SisiJinx: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
fs:

JustGood, I don't think anyone is saying that a woman cannot cook for her husband/family. I think the issue is when people say she has to do it or when her husband is completely content with doing most of the cooking and then people OUTSIDE the marriage decide to concern themselves with what's not their business and say he shouldn't be doing it[size=18pt]. The point is that it is not any particular human being's work.[/size] Some women love to cook, some men love to do the same. Anyone of them in a marriage should do it. In your case, your wife loves to do it, no problem. The problem arises when either party in a marriage does NOT like to cook. In that case, I think they should just both do it together or pretty much have a detailed discussion on how it's going to work before they enter into a marriage.

People forget that when we were growing up in Nigeria, many of our parents had help (maids, drivers, guys that washed clothes, etc). In my house anyway, my mother did NOT do everything. We had help. For those of us in the US now, labor is not as cheap as it is/was in Nigeria, so we have to do everything. [size=18pt]Ofcourse, this needs to be shared to maintain a happy home[/size]. And at the end of the day, I'm hoping that is what we all want. Because if that's not the case, there's no need to get married. Why live a miserable life for the rest of one's life? God has created us on this earth for much more than that. Everyone should just try to figure out what their end goals are, because to tell the truth, I don't think this thing is as complicated as many make it out to be.

Thank you fs! You hit the nail in the head.

I just don't know why this is hard to get. why anyone would be happy to tell the world his wife was late to work because she was cooking him food. Does that show how much she loves him? Is this supposed to show how much of a man he is? How can any man who claims to love his wife want the additional stress of having to rush to work, make up excuses and maybe even face the ire of a boss on her? How can he not put her feeling in consideration? No matter how loving and capable she is, she'd have felt a twinge of uneasiness about being late to work. . . she is human after all. . . So why would anyone take pleasure in this? I'm beginning to think there is a deep seated psychological problem here oooh.

I mean Fs in you honest opinion, is there anything wrong with a man saying "Darlin' don't worry I'll take care of my meal, you get ready for work so you won't be late" Is it. . . is it? 

I find it truly sad that  some men think this is just women being belligerent when it isn't. I'll tell you what, a woman who doesn't know how to cook will go the extra miles to learn just so she can cook for a husband who is considerate. CONSIDERATION. . . that is the key here. Nothing more, nothing less. COOKING, CLEANING, WASHING AND LAUNDRY (ING) should not be anybody work in a marriage, it should be shared. We. . . man and woman, husband and wife are supposed to find ways to make life easier for each other. . . why is this a hard concept to grasps for some men??!!

Mai Suya:

Well said fs, yours has always been a  refreshingly sane voice among the vacuous hullabaloo coming from your peers. Do women  really think that by being rebellious, by usurping or at best undermining the man’s authority, by showing you can 'stand up to him', that will get him pander to your desires? FAT CHANCE!

If females feel that men are getting worse, it’s simply because they (men) are responding to their(female) worsening behavior. Understand this: he is a man; he is built to face challenges, he does not bow to them, he faces them squarely, much less when coming from . . .

Look, you ladies should get it right: I go to the market, cook, do the laundry( sincerely I do!), heck, even wash her undies with stains of em . . . you know . . . 'aunt flo'(uggh!). It doesn't take anything from me, and I can boldly say many Najia men will gladly do the same. Jeez, are we animals? How can any right thinking man, seeing his wife is expectant, incapacitated or just plain tired, still expect her to run kitchen to prepare food for him? That will be criminal.

So what then is the problem?

We will not take orders from our wives, nor will we not bow to her rebellious inclinations, as the female contributors are advocating.  I will do her duties when, in my finite wisdom, I feel I should. THAT"S WHY I AM HEAD  grin ladies dont like hearing that, huh? TOUGH

In Africa we have traditional respect for someone who is older; since in over 90% of the cases the man is usually the older one, it will be disrespectful for his wife to be giving him orders.,

*Sing and Dancing*

Oh Mai gida has Spoke, Yes he has.

What he says is law, Yes it is.

Because he knows best, Yes he does.

Oh Mai gida na, Mai gida na!!

Thank you Allah for giving me this mai gida

I bow before Allah but only after I bow before mai gida

Because Mai Gida is the best man, Yes he is.

And he knows best, Yes he does.

Never say I didn't do anything respectful to you. . . Ka ji ko? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Respect by Sapphic: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
fs:

I am just saddened when I read some of these posts, then I remember that it's not mandatory to get married to someone that's unfit for you. If there's a man out there that demands things that you consider ridiculous, then don't marry him. Yes I know at times that one can be desperate, but at that point that person would have to decide if he/she wants to be unhappy for the rest of their life or not. My husband always says that the goal in a marriage is to be happy and help each other grow. Sometimes I wonder what people think the goal of a marriage is (probably just to have children).

At the end of the day, everyone should just make sure they know who they are and what they believe before they get themselves into what is supposed to last a lifetime, and hopefully a happy one at that. We can't change anyone so we shouldn't think when we get married, we'l'l do that. WE should get to know the person now and open our eyes to the red flags, they are typically not hard to see.

Unfortunately, some people do not know how bad a partner is until they have been married and started living together. There are many habits that can be hidden (or which are not minifested) until 2 people start to live together. I personally think it is a good idea to live with your intended for a while (a year at least) before doing the marriage thing. That might give you an insider view of what living with him/her is likely to be for the rest of your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boyfriend To Take His Life In 3 Days If I Dont Come Back To Him. / Ladies Be Realistic Will You Do It Or Not?? [photo] / 7 Evil Consequences Of Having A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.