Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,343 members, 7,891,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns (2074 Views)

EFCC Gets Order To Remand Chief Femi Fani-kayode For Three Weeks / Musa Mayaki: I Was Punished For Censoring Hate Campaigns / Kemi Olunloyo Response To Fani Kayode For Defending Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by NewGombawa: 2:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Hate campaigners got a bloody nose yesterday.

Former President Ibrahim Babangida protested against attacks by President Goodluck Jonathan’s supporters on his person and President Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the late ex-Head of State Gen, Sani Abacha, ex-Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar and a former Minister of Defence, Gen. T.Y Danjuma.

Although Babangida did not mention names, First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi and Peoples Democratic Party Campaign Council spokesperson Femi Fani-Kayode have been criticised by many for championing hate campaign.

He said those promoting hate documentaries are “intellectually delinquent or they suffer memory loss”.

He said nothing forbade former military leaders from contesting presidential elections, adding that leadership training is better grounded in the military than any other profession.

Gen. Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and released by his media office, said the stigmatisation of past military leaders accounted for “espirit de corps amongst ourselves in support of our military institution and colleagues when the stakes are high”.

The statement said: “In clear attempts to whip up support for President Goodluck Jonathan, certain persons, groups and individuals have embarked on several campaigns of calumny against former military Heads of State and presidents who have had the opportunity to govern this country.

“Of particular reference is a one-hour documentary aired on Silverbird Television on Tuesday night; 24th March, 2015 that deliberately impugned the integrity of Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Muhammadu Buhari, my humble self; Ibrahim Babangida, the late Sani Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar, and T.Y. Danjuma; all of whom have had the privilege of presiding over the affairs of this great country at various levels.

“It is either that those promoting the hate documentary are intellectually delinquent or they suffer memory loss; or a combination of both.

“I have my very strong reservations about the contents and thematic focus of the said documentary. Apart from promoting hate campaign which clearly undermines the modest contributions of these former presidents, the commentaries in the documentary against the former presidents leave a sour taste in the mouth.

“Nobody is stopping anyone from campaigning for their preferred candidates contesting various positions in the elections, but to do that at the expense of the reputation, contributions, patriotism, loyalty and sacrifice of former presidents to the Nigerian state is, to say the least, immature.”

The ex-Military President said nothing forbids ex-military leaders from contesting presidential election.

The statement said: “The military is at present combating the dreaded Boko Haram sect to restore Nigeria’s territorial integrity. What law under a democracy forbids retired military personnel from participating in politics and presenting themselves for election? Over 90 per cent of American Presidents have military background.

“Leadership training is better grounded in the military than any other profession. And the military parades some of the best brains in any country, including Nigeria.

“In fact, some of my military students that I tutored have Doctorate Degrees.

“It is, therefore, callous, wicked, out-of-sync, cynical and a show of crass ignorance for anyone to undermine the military institution by embarking on mudslinging campaigns against former presidents and leaders with military background.

“While those campaigners are pointing their accusing fingers at us, they forget to recall that the present Director-General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation is actually a retired military officer.

“It is this form of demonisation and stigmatisation that often compels us to exhibit esprit de corps amongst ourselves in support of our military institution and colleagues when the stakes are high.

“As disciplined military officers, we are patriotic Nigerians and must be treated with utmost respect and decorum.”

He said irrespective of any insinuations against the military, he remains proud of the institution.

Gen. Babangida said: “The military is an institution that is so dear to my heart. It is an institution that nurtured my growing up and my achievements in life. I am not only sold to the military institution and by extension the Nigerian state, I am betrothed to it.

“As a profession, retirees are bound to participate in politics and democracy as an all-inclusive process, same way that doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, and civil servants get involved in it. It is the reason why I ventured into politics in 2003 before I quit in 2010. It is the same reason why General Obasanjo participated and got elected; and now General Buhari.

“It is therefore very curious that promoters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s aspiration would attempt to demonise and stigmatise former military leaders and cast aspersions on them in order to malign their reputation. This is very unfair.

“Fact is; the military fought a civil war to keep this country together. What I suffer today is a consequence of the injuries I sustained during the Nigeria Civil War. I am not sure there is any patriotism that is more than that. Some of us were prepared to die for the country.”

Babangida reminded pro-Jonathan campaigners that the idea behind the formation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) started in his home.

He said those parading themselves as democrats today had all participated in military governments

The statement added: “For record purposes, and without sounding immodest, the idea of a PDP that has now become the ‘largest party in Africa’ started in my home, here in Minna.

“With the support of my fellow colleagues, we prepared the way for this democratic process that has now led us to where we are presently.

“We built the democratic infrastructure and architecture. Those who are parading themselves as democrats today, all participated in military governments.”

Gen. Babangida explained why he decided to be silent.

Link:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ibb-lashes-first-lady-fayose-fani-kayode-for-hate-campaigns/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by TI1919(m): 2:31am On Mar 26, 2015
Trash

cool
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by bewla(m): 3:34am On Mar 26, 2015
je kan mo
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by echobee(f): 4:57am On Mar 26, 2015
Ibb,u too much kiss. Abeg,help me tell them angry

4 Likes

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by raumdeuter: 5:03am On Mar 26, 2015
While Jonathan is clueless,

Intellectually deficient would be the phrase to describe Patience Umblerra Shepopotamus

Completely senseless would be the best phrase to describe Fayose who even told the whole world his own mother wears pampers

But FFK issue is a combination of drug use, delusion and sexx deprivation by Bianca

8 Likes

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by dunkem21(m): 5:12am On Mar 26, 2015
Trash. grin

Yes, no former military leader will ever rule Nigeria again!

Didn't Aisha call Edo people and the SS women; Ashawo?

In 48 hours, all the enemies of Nigeria will be defeated once. I will only start attacking Jonathan if he starts courting people like you after his victory.
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Babacele: 5:13am On Mar 26, 2015
NewGombawa:
Hate campaigners got a bloody nose yesterday.

Former President Ibrahim Babangida protested against attacks by President Goodluck Jonathan’s supporters on his person and President Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the late ex-Head of State Gen, Sani Abacha, ex-Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar and a former Minister of Defence, Gen. T.Y Danjuma.

Although Babangida did not mention names, First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi and Peoples Democratic Party Campaign Council spokesperson Femi Fani-Kayode have been criticised by many for championing hate campaign.

He said those promoting hate documentaries are “intellectually delinquent or they suffer memory loss”.

He said nothing forbade former military leaders from contesting presidential elections, adding that leadership training is better grounded in the military than any other profession.

Gen. Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and released by his media office, said the stigmatisation of past military leaders accounted for “espirit de corps amongst ourselves in support of our military institution and colleagues when the stakes are high”.

The statement said: “In clear attempts to whip up support for President Goodluck Jonathan, certain persons, groups and individuals have embarked on several campaigns of calumny against former military Heads of State and presidents who have had the opportunity to govern this country.

“Of particular reference is a one-hour documentary aired on Silverbird Television on Tuesday night; 24th March, 2015 that deliberately impugned the integrity of Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Muhammadu Buhari, my humble self; Ibrahim Babangida, the late Sani Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar, and T.Y. Danjuma; all of whom have had the privilege of presiding over the affairs of this great country at various levels.

“It is either that those promoting the hate documentary are intellectually delinquent or they suffer memory loss; or a combination of both.

“I have my very strong reservations about the contents and thematic focus of the said documentary. Apart from promoting hate campaign which clearly undermines the modest contributions of these former presidents, the commentaries in the documentary against the former presidents leave a sour taste in the mouth.

“Nobody is stopping anyone from campaigning for their preferred candidates contesting various positions in the elections, but to do that at the expense of the reputation, contributions, patriotism, loyalty and sacrifice of former presidents to the Nigerian state is, to say the least, immature.”

The ex-Military President said nothing forbids ex-military leaders from contesting presidential election.

The statement said: “The military is at present combating the dreaded Boko Haram sect to restore Nigeria’s territorial integrity. What law under a democracy forbids retired military personnel from participating in politics and presenting themselves for election? Over 90 per cent of American Presidents have military background.

“Leadership training is better grounded in the military than any other profession. And the military parades some of the best brains in any country, including Nigeria.

“In fact, some of my military students that I tutored have Doctorate Degrees.

“It is, therefore, callous, wicked, out-of-sync, cynical and a show of crass ignorance for anyone to undermine the military institution by embarking on mudslinging campaigns against former presidents and leaders with military background.

“While those campaigners are pointing their accusing fingers at us, they forget to recall that the present Director-General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation is actually a retired military officer.

“It is this form of demonisation and stigmatisation that often compels us to exhibit esprit de corps amongst ourselves in support of our military institution and colleagues when the stakes are high.

“As disciplined military officers, we are patriotic Nigerians and must be treated with utmost respect and decorum.”

He said irrespective of any insinuations against the military, he remains proud of the institution.

Gen. Babangida said: “The military is an institution that is so dear to my heart. It is an institution that nurtured my growing up and my achievements in life. I am not only sold to the military institution and by extension the Nigerian state, I am betrothed to it.

“As a profession, retirees are bound to participate in politics and democracy as an all-inclusive process, same way that doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, and civil servants get involved in it. It is the reason why I ventured into politics in 2003 before I quit in 2010. It is the same reason why General Obasanjo participated and got elected; and now General Buhari.

“It is therefore very curious that promoters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s aspiration would attempt to demonise and stigmatise former military leaders and cast aspersions on them in order to malign their reputation. This is very unfair.

“Fact is; the military fought a civil war to keep this country together. What I suffer today is a consequence of the injuries I sustained during the Nigeria Civil War. I am not sure there is any patriotism that is more than that. Some of us were prepared to die for the country.”

Babangida reminded pro-Jonathan campaigners that the idea behind the formation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) started in his home.

He said those parading themselves as democrats today had all participated in military governments

The statement added: “For record purposes, and without sounding immodest, the idea of a PDP that has now become the ‘largest party in Africa’ started in my home, here in Minna.

“With the support of my fellow colleagues, we prepared the way for this democratic process that has now led us to where we are presently.

“We built the democratic infrastructure and architecture. Those who are parading themselves as democrats today, all participated in military governments.”

Gen. Babangida explained why he decided to be silent.

Link:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ibb-lashes-first-lady-fayose-fani-kayode-for-hate-campaigns/
I don't trust IBB! he is written all Over GEJ government. after destroying GEJ's government, he is now pretending to be pro people. We are more alert than before. I don't trust IBB.
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by ige101(m): 5:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Well noted sir

It’s the last few hours of the Jumia Voucher Fireworks! You do not want to miss out on the excitement that has taken over the Nigerian shoppers in the last 2 days on Jumia Nigeria. Enjoy up to N 15,000 off your purchase on any item.

http://www.ebimablog.com/2015/03/your-last-chance-to-grab-up-to-n15000-off-your-next-order-from-jumia-com-ng.html

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by dulaman: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2015
when pushed To the wall...is more like, after training your child to from childhood and he became successful,he turns back and ask you 'what have you ever done for me in your life' when this men were fighting for one Nigeria, maybe some this people doing docum. are still in their pampers with catargh running down their nose crying to be feed.but now they are insulting this former heads
OK oh in buhari's voice 'election,leaders will come and go but Nigeria will remain'

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by alaoeri: 6:52am On Mar 26, 2015
As if their hate campaigns is doing Jona's ambition any good but they failed to realised that its denting the little chances of clueless one, e go soon clear for their eyes.

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by egift(m): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2015
Jonathan and his wife are just looting without bothering about the masses.

The worse is thugs and touts insulting respected Statesmen just to massage the ego of the zoologist. You hear them say Jonathan is the best thing since sliced bread in Nigeria as if they are not aware million of people have laboured and died for Nigeria to become what it is today.

Jonathan is too divisive for a leader.

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2015
So true..

Vote,not violence...

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Akshow: 7:48am On Mar 26, 2015
dunkem21:
Trash. grin

Yes, no former military leader will ever rule Nigeria again!

Didn't Aisha call Edo people and the SS women; Ashawo?

In 48 hours, all the enemies of Nigeria will be defeated once. I will only start attacking Jonathan if he starts courting people like you after his victory.

Are u intellectually bereft or lack basic comprehension? When and where did Mrs Buhari, our incoming first lady say Edo people are ashawo? abi u need a translator to translate her Edo speech into ur mother tongue

3 Likes

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Dreyl(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2015
PDP are fond of this, i agree with Ibb on this, for the first time. PDP are pathetic, they don't have anything illogical to say but gibberish, from fayose the thug, mama piss the illiterate and ffk the singing parrot(give him dollars and he will sing more than 2face idibia) and okupe the indomie brained bastard.
Nigerians make una shine una eyes jona and his cohorts dosen't have anything to offer nigerians again, if jonathan is re elected the problem of this our great nation will quadruple so for we to avert this doom lets match/march forward this coming saturday and vote for the only viable alternative GMB/PYO.
Click like for them

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Dreyl(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Akshow:

Are u intellectually bereft or lack basic comprehension? When and where did Mrs Buhari, our incoming first lady say Edo people are ashawo? abi u need a translator to translate her Edo speech into ur mother tongue
Abeg help me ask the dumb cretinous fvcktard.

2 Likes

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by dunkem21(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Akshow:

Are you blind? ..Do you need the link to watch it again and see women carry their bags and leave the rally?

Abeg, translate prostitution to Edo tongue

..Olodo.
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by jingh(f): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2015
ibb don vex.

it will shock GEJ and TAN that all money used for the hate documentary didn't yield the fruit.

Sai baba

1 Like

Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Rose2014: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2015
post=31990337:
Initially i supported APC but carefully looked at their way of life i discover that they are old thieves trying to wear new clothes i decamped to PDP at least i know what they have done afterall Northerners have ruled for more than 30 yrs including Buhari but nothing drastically changed
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Change2015(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2015
jingh:
ibb don vex.

it will shock GEJ and TAN that all money used for the hate documentary didn't yield the fruit.

Sai baba

Gej won't be shocked. It's his petty tribalistic supporters that will weep for denying the evidence they see everywhere.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by sammyj: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ and his blind supporters are in for it, they get what they deserve come rain come sunshine in March 28. Even the so called IBB GEJ father is not in support of pro GEJ loosed mouth like SHEPOPOTEMUS, FFK, Fayose the bastard et al.

SAI Nigeria

SAI Change !!!!
Re: IBB Lashes First Lady, Fayose, Fani-kayode For Hate Campaigns by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
IBB,tell them o

if they dont have common.sense,we have

Theybe campaigning like fools undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Buhari; APC Is APC! / US FBI Revelation Of Few Nigerian Governors With Accounts In US And Amount In It / What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.