Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,138 members, 7,931,914 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:27 PM

When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? (34087 Views)

What Will Be Ur Reaction.? If You're On Bed & Ur Lover Says This? [SEE] / When You're Not Sure If She Loves You. / 9 Things Guys Think When You're On Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by kemisuga(f): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2008
What is the BIG DEAL about Sleeping around? Is it that compulsory?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by techzone: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2008
'Break' is just a break. Rest and treat yourself. Don't get involve with nobody else. It is OK to have friends during that time but be careful not to mess up.

A 'break' can strengthen your relationship with your partner if you guys get back together.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by jintujinta(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
Break! Well, it depends on what a break means to the parties involved. A break to me means no more relationship. If that is it, then each one is free to pursue his/her dream independent of the other. Nevertheless, one can not rule out the possibility of reconciliation. So if they eventually come together later, it shouldnt look as if they had a short break to resume later but that somehow, fortune or love or whatever has brought them together again. Nevertheless, i think a break shouldnt be encouraged, when the partners still want each other because a little crack will soon enlarge to a big hole and later a gulf between them.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by omosoul(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2008
Hey u guyz should cool off a bit cheesy cheesy
abi no be wen we dy break we dey chop
I SWEAR! THIS NA AMEBO JIST!!!
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by tulk2mi: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
I cant understand y we called it a break if d option of seeing somebody else is not there.
what is a break in d first place, is it not to re-evaluate ur feelings, check if it is worth sticking around after all that u invested in the relationship? 4 d fact dat we agreed 2 go on a break means somthing is defintely goin wrong in d relationship.
Besides while on a break anoda relationship will definitely show u d depth of ur feelings for the one u r on a break from.
so 4 me it ALRIGHT to explore while on a break.

4 those of u clamouring dat u will definetely go 4 good, just know dat it wont make much difference cos while on break ur spouse will definetely get used to not seeing u n if d nu person is hmmmmmmmmmmm then inflation don hit ur "i'll go 4 good" cos d value don depreciate. grin smiley
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by ashe2(f): 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2008
my ex once told me he tot we shud go on a break and i was like do i look like a snack i mean relationships are like marriage- befores u know tryin to check if it would actually work out that sort of tin i neva do understand d break because most relationships i know dat go gor break never resume from those breaks some get promoted others get demoted.so ur bobo suggest u shud go for break dont bother about that relationship wat is it dat u pple cant settle that he tinks going on a break is d solution, sis delete dat number, go shoppin and get a new nick name start hangin out more meet new friends and move on i advise.if he wants u bak he will come toastin all over sometimes i wonder wat men think they are? they want abreak i mean sistas in the house how humiliating are u some kind of pest or wat?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2008
kemisuga:

What is the BIG DEAL about Sleeping around? Is it that compulsory?
THANK-YOU!
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by ashe2(f): 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2008
my ex once told me he tot we shud go on a break and i was like do i look like a snack i mean relationships are like marriage- befores u know tryin to check if it would actually work out  that sort of tin  i neva do understand d break because most relationships i know dat go gor break never resume from those breaks some get promoted others get demoted.so ur bobo suggest u shud go for break dont bother about that relationship wat is it dat u pple cant settle that he tinks going on a break is d solution, sis delete dat number, go shoppin and get a new nick name start hangin out more meet new friends and move on i advise.if he wants u bak he will come toastin all over sometimes i wonder wat men think they are? they want abreak i mean sistas in the house how humiliating are u some kind of pest or wat?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Hardballer(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2008
yes
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by smurf(f): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2008
no angry
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by chamotex(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2008
Please if ur gona have sex, use a condom!! cheesy
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by bigboyslim(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
It's called a break because both parties still have it at the back of their minds that there is a possiblity of getting back together after the break is over. Sleeping around during the break ultimately compromises the essence of the break. The break is supposed to help view your relationship from an outsider's perspective. A period of deep reflection to help you determine what went wrong and things you feel you can do to make it right. Sleeping around during that time will definitely cause more harm than good and so it should not be done.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by SAGoddess: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
What is the break for, you are either together or you are not, I just don't get this whole break thing!
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Dayco(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2010
I really have no time to spend on this kind of story cooked up from no where, It should be left to idle people,definately not my type, Lets get some thing more realistic and factual other than a fictious movie, Think twice naw. wink
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Dayco(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2010
I really have no time to spend on this kind of story cooked up from no where, It should be left to idle people,definately not my type, Lets get some thing more realistic and factual other than a fictious movie, Think twice naw. wink
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Dayco(m): 5:48pm On May 07, 2010
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by indie22(f): 4:08pm On May 13, 2010
A break is taking a breather from ur partner, there's no guarrantee that ure coming back together.

If its a "break" that is running into months and ure not sure about how you feel for your somewhat ex, why is it wrong to give someone else a chance?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by petebor02(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2010
Dayco:

gbamu gbamu
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by indie22(f): 4:21pm On May 13, 2010
sorry but, is this thread about "a break from a relationship or marriage"?

kinda getting confused here
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by vivaladiva(f): 4:24pm On May 13, 2010
breaks r 4 chilling out now, both i think both parties sud be in agreement
if u choose not to eat ur lunch during break, na u sabi
me i go eat my own, eat anoda person own join sef grin
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by cantell(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2010
@Topic,
Break ke? Na primary school?
Its either you're in or you're out.
If a girl i'm dating decides to take a break instead of sorting things out with me, dat break go tire am ooo.
I'm not trying to be harsh or something, but whats the point?
When will it last? A week? A month or 3 months?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Pafuri(m): 5:00am On Aug 06, 2010
Follow your instinct, I mean your cork! grin grin grin grin
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nkeon: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2011
I was just thinking about this topic!

The way see it is that a break is taken because one or both parties feel that they need some time apart to reflect and evaluate for the SAKE of the relationship. How can you do that if you are in bed with someone else? If you are thinking about exploring new territory then you may as well call it a day with your partner.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2011
@poster
normally it should be ok to meet other people.(important word here is "normally"")
the problem here is that some people will ask for these so called "breaks" in order to make you miss them and realize that you care for them more than you like to show etc BUT it sometimes backfire on their asses and the partner gladly go and deep his stick where its cool and inviting.
while going on "break", people should tell their partner EXACTLY what the rules of that "break" are i. e. if we can date, shaag, flirt openly in front of friends etc
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2011
If you need to "take a break", then the relationship is pretty much over. So just end it and frigg other ppl! Might as well. undecided
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by MMM2(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
YES, even if u re in a relationship u re also free 2 cheat on ur partner.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by MrCork17: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

If you need to "take a break", then the relationship is pretty much over. So just end it and frigg other ppl! Might as well. undecided

MzD@rkSkin, sweery its ok. u can sleeep with me tongue
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
a break means uncommitted to whatever work/thing you where doing or supposed to be doing

thats the reason why your boss cant count the lauch/tea break has part of the production time

the same when you have an annual leave your are on a break

i think when one decide to have a break ask the person if s/he means his/her own defination of break or the actually meaning of having a break
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
Mr, Cork:

MzD@rkSkin, sweery its ok. u can sleeep with me tongue

I think I'll pass! Besides there is no room in your sleeping bag for us both! grin grin
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Phate07(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
Dayco:

Whick kind of crazy font colour is this? What da heck! angry
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Dsense(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^Lots of sick dogs on Nairaland grin
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by orgasm(m): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2011
For there to a break at all shows that d love has broken.
So wats d fuss?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook / 5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.