Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,942 members, 7,873,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (146722 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by mickeymouse(f): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please house, I finished school 2007, and want to do ICAN, was told would start all over again from the scratch,i finished from LASU,was accredited first 2009. Pls ur advice.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ladoney(f): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
ABDamola:

U will b exempted 4rm mathematics wich is QTB!
D rest is simple mathematics(addition and subtraction)!!!
Go for it!!!
Alryt, tnks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Ameboperoo(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
mickeymouse:
Please house, I finished school 2007, and want to do ICAN, was told would start all over again from the scratch,i finished from LASU,was accredited first 2009. Pls ur advice.
Finished school biiti bowoo? Does your course have a name at all?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ricy20(f): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2016
Good morning sir please what advice would you give to an awaiting OND holder in business admin & mgt who wish to learn more of accounting
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by mickeymouse(f): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2016
Ameboperoo:

Finished school biiti bowoo? Does your course have a name at all?
yes,studied Accounting.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by benebaby77: 8:33am On Jan 17, 2016
ricy20:
Good morning sir please what advice would you give to an awaiting OND holder in business admin & mgt who wish to learn more of accounting

it is depend on where you want to start from. With your OND you are to start from ATS which you would be exempted from some papers. After completing your ATS, you can then proceed to profession with your ATS certification.. Or you can wait till you have your HND or degree and use the qualification to start from professional

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by primedream(m): 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Happy new year, Bayor. I'm 24, and have a B.Sc MGT (2:1) from Abia State University. It has always been my dream becoming a chartered accountant, but my problem before now was funding. I just got a job, and wish to register and begin my lectures February. Kindly advise me on what waivers/subject-exemptions I may be granted, the cost of such exemptions, and how to go about it. Pardon me for bordering you, as the info I see on the ICAN site is not satisfactory.. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2016
primedream:
Happy new year, Bayor. I'm 24, and have a B.Sc MGT (2:1) from Abia State University. It has always been my dream becoming a chartered accountant, but my problem before now was funding. I just got a job, and wish to register and begin my lectures February. Kindly advise me on what waivers/subject-exemptions I may be granted, the cost of such exemptions, and how to go about it. Pardon me for bordering you, as the info I see on the ICAN site is not satisfactory.. Thank you.

Great Ikenga.. You would start from foundation,, 5 courses but be exempted from A2(business n finance),, have to write fin.Acct,mgt info, Quantitative tech, business Law,, when you register, either personal or thru a center,, you would have to pay for exemption fee,, then Apply for the exams, depending on your choice if to write for the 4 papers at once, or chose to write two, or one,, depends on your choice,,, and payment is also made as regards ones choice of paper
A paper is 17,500

ONE PAPER IN FOUNDATION LEVEL 17,500.00
2 TWO PAPERS IN FOUNDATION LEVEL 18,700.00
3 THREE PAPERS IN FOUNDATION LEVEL 19,900.00
4 FOUR PAPERS IN FOUNDATION LEVEL 21,100.00
5 ALL PAPERS IN FOUNDATION LEVEL 22,300.00
SKILLS LEVEL
6 ONE PAPER IN SKILLS LEVEL 26,200.00
7 TWO PAPERS IN SKILLS LEVEL 30,700.00

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by kasheemawo(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
is there any exemption at skills level ?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
kasheemawo:
is there any exemption at skills level ?

There is, depending on one's qualifications...
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello People, Good to be around. I have been outside the country for a while. I am so grateful to you guys (Professional colleagues) for taking charge even while I was away. I so much appreciate your zeal to give back to the society through your wealth of experience. I am back and better.

Please take note that it take 90 days for your knowledge to expire in this our profession. Always research and develop yourself.

Just for tip off. We now have IFRS 16-Lease accounting. Please research on that.

Adebayo Isola(ACA)

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by danthamccoy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys, I'm facing the dilemma of choosing between ICAN and ACCA.
But since this is an ICAN thread, as a graduate of Economics where do I start from? Do i get any exempts? What is the quickest period I can use to finish all the papers to professional level? A detailed response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Danlab0307: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
isobayor:
Yes It is true that federal poly idah was accredited.With this, You just need to write 2 stages ,,Meaning that within one year you can become a qualified accountant. You will need up to 120k to write the first stage...this comprises of student registration fee,exemption fee,examination fee and subscription fee. However for the last stage you only needed like 55k ..,,

@Dorcas

I will advice you to start now with your OND certificate. If it is OND in accounting,you wil start from ATS 3 and with that you will get exemption in all first stage subjects in professional exams. Meaning that you will write just 2 stages in professional level. Also, if you pass ATS, You will get a certificate for that because ATS is just an affiliated institute to ICAN. It is own by Accounting bodies of west Africa(ABWA). So it is advisable for you to start now.
Plsss sir i wish to start mine too now but am having an ond in banking and finance plsss will there be any exemptions and if no if i register next week can i still be able to meet up with march 2016 diet?
Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Xxpress(m): 7:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Am a bsc in Economics holder. I want to sit for dis may diet. Am to write 3exams, and av 3 exemptions. How much will it cost me to get the exemption certificate. What are the steps to take
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by fattbabakay(m): 1:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by misterchris(m): 6:42am On Mar 10, 2016
I want to start my Ican. what are the procedures I need to take
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2016
Xxpress:
Am a bsc in Economics holder. I want to sit for dis may diet. Am to write 3exams, and av 3 exemptions. How much will it cost me to get the exemption certificate. What are the steps to take

icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=43

misterchris:

This procedures is if you have anyone who can sign for you,,, a chartered accountant....

icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=28
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 7:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Xxpress:

www.icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=43

misterchris:

This procedures is if you have anyone who can sign for you,,, a chartered accountant....

www.icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=28
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by dharmielol(f): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2016
Good morning, I did acct education so I sat for 2 papers at foundation level and passed now I'm given all the 6 papers at skills level, is that right? 6 whole papers? Can't I be exempted for 1/2papers again? And if I can't, is it advisable to write all the 6 papers at once? Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:29am On Mar 13, 2016
dharmielol:
Good morning, I did acct education so I sat for 2 papers at foundation level and passed now I'm given all the 6 papers at skills level, is that right? 6 whole papers? Can't I be exempted for 1/2papers again? And if I can't, is it advisable to write all the 6 papers at once? Thanks

Your exemption was given in foundation level,, since you wrote two papers out of the 5 papers, and as per writing the 6 papers in skills,, menh... This one is somehow,,, i would advise you go for three,, then write three later... Just my suggestion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by cigie(m): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Good morning professionals...

Following examiners' comments in the last diet in Management Information and Financial Accounting (Foundation level), kindly predict/suggest likely areas to expect questions from.

Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Betxy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
Please help provide answer to this problem
Activity 6.8
(1) Study a sample of a Cash Book and list all the information that is found or recorded in it.
(2) Give reasons for keeping a petty cash voucher in your school.
(3) Read the case study below and make entries in the appropriate school accounts books recording the financial transactions described therein. Trace the steps to be taken to record all the transactions.
1 hour
Case study
Mr Okello, head of the Science Department in Shimoni Demonstration School, submitted a requisition to buy chemicals for the end of term examinations. Mr Okello has contacted the suppliers and he has obtained a supplier's invoice No. 0658 indicating the quantity of the items: 10 tins of sulphur costing shs 5,000/- each and 10 tins of potassium costing shs 76,000/- each. The invoice has been submitted to the school accounts clerk who has checked vote No. 031 on scholastic materials and has confirmed that there is a balance of shs.978,000/- which is sufficient to cover the cost of the chemicals.

The suppliers have delivered the chemicals in the quantities indicated on the local purchase order No. 112. The materials are accompanied with a supplier's invoice dated 29th February 1992, indicating the details of the materials and the cost of each item.

Mr Mukasa the storekeeper and Mr Okello have checked and found the materials in order as per the local purchase order and the supplier's invoice. The chemicals bought have been recorded in the Store Ledger on folio No. S/10/92.

All invoices have been received and recorded by the accounts clerk in the Journal or Ledger. You have also authorised payment for the chemicals and payment instructions have been given to the accounts clerk. A payment voucher No. 5465 dated 3rd March 1992 has been made out and you have endorsed it. The voucher gives quantities of what has been bought in and gives the total cost as shs 126,000/- (one hundred twenty six thousand shillings) only. A cheque No. 02568 for that amount has been written on 6th March 1992, payable to ACPY, the suppliers. A cash receipt No. 136 dated 25th March 1992 has been issued by the suppliers on 29th March, 1992.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by esoboy875(m): 5:57am On Mar 22, 2016
Gud mornin dis mornin, apart fr ICAN packs, wat other textbooks can one use dat is beta in term of Financial Management, Taxation, Cost nd Management Accounting, Auditing nd Financial Accounting. Tnks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by dharmielol(f): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Morning professional colleagues, please I need past questions on the following courses, MGE, PSAF, TAX, FR, AUDIT ASS, PM, I don't mind the soft copies kindly send to me via damekreations@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Annalise(f): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)

What does it take to start an Accountancy private practice and how potentially rewarding is this route?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by jessysparkles(f): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
isobayor:
Hello People, Good to be around. I have been outside the country for a while. I am so grateful to you guys (Professional colleagues) for taking charge even while I was away. I so much appreciate your zeal to give back to the society through your wealth of experience. I am back and better.

Please take note that it take 90 days for your knowledge to expire in this our profession. Always research and develop yourself.

Just for tip off. We now have IFRS 16-Lease accounting. Please research on that.

Adebayo Isola(ACA)

Good day sir,am a graduate of accounting awaiting NYSC hopefully November batch is it adviceable I register 4 ICAN now rather Dan doing nothing @ home or wait till after my youth service and also as a foreign student which level am I 2 start 4rm?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by sweetilicious(f): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2016
Hi, i have my B sc in Accounting. My dreams are porous. I 'd love to go for my masters. I also wish to become a professional accountant. Between ACCA, ANAN, and ICAN, which should i go for? Even i don't know how to convince my people the best of them.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by naizfriend: 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
Please brothers.. I seriously need help from you guys...I'm preparing to write case study in this forthcoming may diet...but I don't have any material to give me clue on how the reports in case study questions are prepared, the stages and how it's suppose to be arranged...and the test and pathfinders available doesn't give any clue about this..the path finder showed only the computational aspect of it...My problem is that..I don't even have any chance to attend classes for the exam..so.I m just preparing for the exam for the first time with no external classes...please any body that could help me on a soft copy of materials relating to the case study format, possibly any already prepared report to throw light on the issue above will be highly appreciated...my mail is chiathan@yahoo.com. May God bless you guys.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Shofat4real(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2016
Please noble Accountants in the house,I'm an ICAN registered student.What is my chance if I apply for ICAN exemption now as the deadline for registration approaches?Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by naizfriend: 12:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Shofat4real:
Please noble Accountants in the house,I'm an ICAN registered student.What is my chance if I apply for ICAN exemption now as the deadline for registration approaches?Thanks.
if you intend to write this may diet...just apply for exemption and submit your exemption credential to Ican head office in Lagos directly, don't give third party they may delay the submission..unless is someone you trust that can submit immediately to their head office..they may process it within one week interval cos they know that you may likely want to register for may diet exam....during mine...it took them barely four working days cos I submitted directly

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.