Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:00 AM

Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic (778 Views)

4 Players Man United Should Sign This Summer / Ibrahimovic Meets His Lookalike / Manchester United Should Trust In Van Gaal's Philosophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
[b]Peter Schmeichel, former goalkeeper and Manchester United legend voiced his plea for Manchester United to sign Swedish Attacker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan's contract with PSG expires at the end of Next season and buying Zlatan this summer could come at a cheap bargain for one of the best strikers in the World.

Schmeichel called on his former club to do all they can to sign Ibrahimovic.

"Last summer there were rumours that he would come to Manchester United. I said then that Zlatan was built for the club, he was born to play there," the Dane told L'Equipe.

"It's why [Eric] Cantona was so strong when he was there, not at Leeds [United] or in all other clubs in France? Why? Because it is Manchester United.

"In Manchester, there was the freedom given to the players, but also responsibilities.

"We do not care who you are or what you love, we look at what you're doing on the pitch and the influence you have in the club. If you do not respect that, you're leaving.

"But you can have any personality. [David] Beckham, Cantona, they could go out and also be at their best. There are hundreds of players who are trying to be a Beckham or Cantona, but do not have the personality, and they fail."

Ibrahimovic is World Class and one of the best players in the game today. His statistics and medals tell how great he is. However, he is not what Manchester United needs.

He fell out with Van Gaal in his days at Ajax and later made annoying statements about the current Manchester United Manager.

Ibrahimovic criticised Van Gaal and wrote in his book about an encounter with Van Gaal.

Van Gaal said, "Listen. I'm the boss. If I tell you to play, you play." And Ibrahimovic replied, "You're the boss but if I tell you I will not play as long as Van der Vaart is playing, I'm not playing. If you can't understand nothing just sit and wait and you will see me that I will not play."

Clearly, Ibrahimovic is a player that wants things to go his way. He is not ready to bend to a coach's way if he does not like it.

Manchester United enjoyed long spell of success under Sir, Alex Ferguson. One thing that made Sir, Alex Ferguson successful was the respect he had from his players. There were no players bigger than him.

Van Gaal is the kind of coach that demands respect. An Ibrahimovic in Manchester United might destroy the respect in Manchester United and a fall out between players like the one Van Gaal had with Van der Vaart will not help the club progress.

Ibrahimovic has a history of disrespecting coaches. Like the incident above where he refused to play with Raphael Van der Vaart even after Van Gaal insisted he must play.

He also fell out with Coach Guardiola at Barcelona. I do not think he has the right attitude to play under a disciplinarian like Van Gaal.

Imagine if Van Gaal asked Ibrahimovic to play with the Under-21 side of Manchester United to horn his skills as he did with Radamel Falcao.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/manchester-united-should-avoid-rude.html[/b]
Re: Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic by darksuit(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
How d guy take rude
Bcoz say he call France shit country?
Roy Keane bad pass am

Ama red devil
Re: Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
darksuit:
How d guy take rude
Bcoz say he call France shit country?
Roy Keane bad pass am

Ama red devil

He has a history of disrespect. Like the incident above where he refused to play with Raphael Van der Vaart even after Van Gaal insisted he must play.

He also fell out with Coach Guardiola at Barcelona. I do not think he has the right attitude to play under a disciplinarian like Van Gaal.

Imagine if Van Gaal asked Ibrahimovic to play with the Under-21 side of Manchester United to horn his skills.
Re: Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic by darksuit(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

He has a history of disrespect. Like the incident above where he refused to play with Raphael Van der Vaart even after Van Gaal insisted he must play.

Imagine if Van Gaal asked Ibrahimovic to play with the Under-21 side of Manchester United to horn his skills.

Ok
Especially dat last 1
I agree

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool Fc live.. (1-2) FT / Arsenal Are The Best Playing Team In The Premiership. / All Chelsea Fans Must Hear This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.