Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,461 members, 7,944,289 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree (30244 Views)

Girl With Torn Undies Gets Severly Mocked By Trolls [PICS] / Guy In Torn Underwear On A Date With A Lady (Photo) / My Heart Has Been Torn Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by PreciousGem(f): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
OK he works in a oil firm... is that why u are confuse!
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by hurricaneindia(f): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Engrpj:
Before you finish Dat Masters u will b as Old as ur Mama 27 yrs smh... + 3 yrs = 31 yrs....

I reject the spirit of marrying a 31 yrs old Lady in my Life IJN
27 + 3 = 31 lipsrsealed
Engrpj:
Before you finish Dat Masters u will b as Old as ur Mama 27 yrs smh... + 3 yrs = 31 yrs....

I reject the spirit of marrying a 31 yrs old Lady in my Life IJN
27 + 3 = 31 Wow. Smh. Sorry for your parents.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
LydayBobo:
Wrong. This is what the guy is thinking... am 35yrs old and have found a pretty chic of say 28yrs. Am OK financially so if we both add say 21yrs to our age our kids would have graduated I will be approaching my retirement age. So in order not to use my pension funds to train a child it'd better I settle down now. Mind you that kind of guy will have choices. So...

so you saying the girl is just being selfish and not considering the issue at hand from all fronts

but, I feel the girl wants assurance that she won't be at loss if she did agree to his words...... he needs assurance that she won't be dependent on the guy for the family upkeep that why she opted for MSc when she couldn't secure a stable job
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Engrpj(m): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
hurricaneindia:

27 + 3 = 31 lipsrsealed
27 + 3 = 31 Wow. Smh. Sorry for your parents.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Engrpj(m): 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
hurricaneindia:

27 + 3 = 30 lipsrsealed
27 + 3 = 30 Wow. Smh. Sorry for your parents.

Did any one feel sry for ur parents wen Dat Agbero Boy dey Bleep ugrin
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by hurricaneindia(f): 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Engrpj:

Did any one feel sry for ur parents wen Dat Agbero Boy dey Bleep ugrin
At least I know simple arithmetic. Shame on you.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Engrpj(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
hurricaneindia:

At least I know simple arithmetic. Shame on you.

B4 nko.. Agbero Boys sabi arithmetic nw How u no go learn grin
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by hurricaneindia(f): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Engrpj:

B4 nko.. Agbero Boys sabi arithmetic nw How u no go learn grin
Instead of you to take correction you are still here writing crap. Go and hide your '27 + 3 = 31' head in shame. Bye.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Engrpj(m): 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
hurricaneindia:

Instead of you to take correction you are still here writing crap. Go and hide your '27 + 3 = 31' head in shame. Bye.

Making a mistake in arithmetic and Making a mistake by opening ur legs whch one is more shameful Abeg let me hear word jhor
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by CnCstore: 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
SagePerv:
Marriage still remains the ultimate achievement to every woman. Forget the masters programme.

Stop chasing vanity. Go & get married.

And who told you marriage is equally not vanity.Going for a masters now doesn't mean she won't end up getting married.

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by cococandy(f): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
iykedare:

What she should seek for is work experience and not masters degree. There is no guarantee that she will get a job with the masters. Work experience gets you even greater opportunities than masters degree. She has bachelors degree and that is enough for her at this stage of her life.

She shouldn't abandon other aspect of her life unless she is not convinced that he is 'the one'.
and you are who to tell her what to do with her life?
If she wants a phd,she can get one.
She can have any education she wants without being told off for it.
Not all education is gotten for job prospects.

What is wrong with you people?
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ArcToyin(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Apart from spiritual say, i dont think both of you are totally compatible especially in the aspect of career.My advice is for you to seek the face of God personally to know if God is leading you into it or not(which will take fasting and prayer from you). If God gives a go ahead stick to him and follow his word and if God disapprove, go for you msc. Note: i only advising you to stick(if God approves) cos of age reason.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
happy birthday @prissyluv
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
PreciousGem:
OK he works in a oil firm... is that why u are confuse!

when some people are going to mountain and fasting so that they would marry a guy who works in an oil firmgrin

1 Like

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by prissyluv(f): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
ijustdey:
happy birthday @prissyluv
Thanks sweet.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by iykedare(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
and you are who to tell her what to do with her life?
If she wants a phd,she can get one.
She can have any education she wants without being told off for it.
Not all education is gotten for job prospects.

What is wrong with you people?

What is wrong with someone with an opinion different to yours?
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by cococandy(f): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
iykedare:

What is wrong with someone with an opinion different to yours?

nothing.
At all.

But there's something wrong with the school of thought that a lady should drop her education at the say so of a man.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by MrsChima(f): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
hollandis:
Masters has no benefit in Nigeria

Really?? Damn!
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by MrsChima(f): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
nepp:

What is this?? undecided
Some Nigerian men... God forbid!

He has issues with women being more educated than him. It is a global thing!

Dick!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
prissyluv:

Thanks sweet.

you welcome.....

hope my cake is still kept safe
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by iykedare(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
nothing.
At all.

But there's something wrong with the school of thought that a lady should drop her education at the say so of a man.

That was just my opinion and you have yours.

If you are quite conversant with the job market in Nigeria then you will understand that a bsc holder with job experience is better than a masters holder with no job experience. That is all I was trying to put across.

Of what use is the post graduate studies if not for job prospect? Most women will go on with the marriage and have their masters in their husband's house.

She simply doesn't love the man enough to settle down with him .
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by cococandy(f): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
One can also work while doing a masters degree.

Abeg leave talk.
She should love herself enough first before considering someone who doesn't love her enough that he puts his ego before her betterment.

My opinion too.

Now that we disagreed I hope it is cool grin
iykedare:

That was just my opinion and you have yours.

If you are quite conversant with the job market in Nigeria then you will understand that a bsc holder with job experience is better than a masters holder with no job experience. That is all I was trying to put across.

Of what use is the post graduate studies if not for job prospect? Most women will go on with the marriage and have their masters in their husband's house.

She simply doesn't love the man enough to settle down with him .
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by jeffoe(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Some girls get sha,
Who says master degree is going to guarantee you an entry level job who says msc would bring you satisfaction,if u are not in the academics most times the msc is just to boost one's ego. If she was that intelligent she would have been retained by her school. But the irony is that she is still searching for job
The girl just got pride nobody can help her.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by iykedare(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
One can also work while doing a masters degree.

Abeg leave talk.
She should love herself enough first before considering someone who doesn't love her enough that he puts his ego before her betterment.

My opinion too.

Now that we disagreed I hope it is cool grin

Yeah, she can work while doing her masters but her priority should be work experience. And she needs that asap. The world is a very competitive place so on-the-job training can never be over emphasized. In the labour market, she will be competing with 21 yr olds fresh brains with on-the-job training and the babe is still trifling with cerificates.

Naija and their affinity for certificates sha.

Well, its her problem. Let her deal with it. It could turn out for her good.

Why is cococandy taking panadol for her?
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by iykedare(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
jeffoe:
Some girls get sha,
Who says master degree is going to guarantee you an entry level job who says msc would bring you satisfaction,if u are not in the academics most times the msc is just to boost one's ego. If she was that intelligent she would have been retained by her school. But the irony is that she is still searching for job
The girl just got pride nobody can help her.

Exactly my point.

Sometimes people wonder why the expatriates earn humongous amount of money while nigerians earn very little, it is simple because they have the technical know-how and their naija counterparts are busy piling up certificates
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by prissyluv(f): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
ijustdey:

you welcome.....

hope my cake is still kept safe

grin very very.
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
prissyluv:

grin very very.

okay...... so, how can I have mine then?
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by prissyluv(f): 12:32am On Apr 04, 2015
ijustdey:

okay...... so, how can I have mine then?
Tell me where to waybill it dear?
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 2:42am On Apr 04, 2015
prissyluv:

Tell me where to waybill it dear?

the first add that comes to your mind is it
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by boykas(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2015
nepp:

Your boss is 46 and not married and you're pitying her? Why?? Has it ever occurred to u that maybe she's not interested in marriage?? Is Marriage by force? Is it something every woman or man must accomplish?. Have u ever bothered to ask her if she's happy the way she is?. Your myopic way of reasoning baffles me smiley

OMG
are u human? Are you saying marriage is not important? Do you say is not important for someone to get married before he/she die. Where on earth do you come from.
whether you are a Christian or Muslim.. Its a must u must married..thats Gods love... Please read your bible

and again my boss always cry some stupid pigs abuse her of not getting married
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by nepp(f): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2015
boykas:

OMG
are u human? Are you saying marriage is not important? Do you say is not important for someone to get married before he/she die. Where on earth do you come from.
whether you are a Christian or Muslim.. Its a must u must married..thats Gods love... Please read your bible

and again my boss always cry some stupid pigs abuse her of not getting married
You read ur bible! You're obviously not reading it well! The bible states marriage isn't compulsory! I wonder which version of bible you've been reading... undecided
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by boykas(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2015
hurricaneindia:

So because he works in an oil company, it is a 'high' proposal? Smh.

at least it will put food on their table..they won't broke for once or else they might need new agenda..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PICTURED: Woman Gets Pregnant After Intimate With Dead Man / So I Fell In Love Today.... / Nigerian Ex-lovers Melt Hearts With Their Emotional Exchange On Facebook. - Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.