Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,611 members, 7,885,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? (26020 Views)

Fashionable Ankara Dresses U Can Rock To Work On Friday... / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by estylove1(f): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2007
hi omogenajia
how u dey i got a good tailor here in najia and she is very good with ankara fabrics and where to get them is no probs i can get them for u and then send to u in d US
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by missb: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2007
Hey estylove, where are you naija or US?
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by missb: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2007
Oh estylove, i didn't see the other email. Where are you located?
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by dollyshow(f): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hi there Bhola,
I recently sent some stuffs to the uk, african prints ready made by me, both for male and females. I instruct my sister over there to open an african shop.
If u want good designs contact me. My skirt and blouse goes for N2500 to N6000 depending on the style.
It something i love doing, so there wont be mistake at all.
hope to read from u soon. bye
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by omogenaija(f): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2007
dollyshow

do u have a shop in naija, b/c when i vist u will be my tailor wink
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 4:32am On Jan 23, 2007
@dolly,send ur shop address and ur phone no. 2 my email id.
i actually have 3good tailors but let's see,if u're good and able 2 understand my body statistic,then u can be my tailor.what are sisters 4 in nairaland
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by estylove1(f): 9:50am On Jan 23, 2007
hello missb my email address is estylove1@yahoo.co.uk and my number is 08028351841 i am located in lagos nigeria and i can assure u dat your dress would be made very well. i hav lots of designs up my sleeves so send me a mail
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by tady: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2007
;d
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by omoge25(f): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2007
Any good tailors in Houston texas?? or anyone know of anyone that sells or has RTW here?
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
hi tady, we will need to talk then
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by tady: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2007
hi felly babe,yes we can talk about it,what do u really need to sow,let me know.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by wabada(f): 12:15pm On May 09, 2007
@ Omoge and everyone interested.
I am based in both London and Nigeria, actually i have been living in the UK and deal in Bespoke/Couture Tailoring, and i am expanding my business to nigeria in 2007. But, reading the forum after a long time since i posted the very first question about RTW Ankara dresses. I can offer online ordering, my site will be live in the next 2-3 weeks and you will be able to pick the ankara of your choice, enter your measurements and mail me a picture (in order to be able to get a better fit of your body shape), and just like that i mail you your finished garment. Finally, payment is made through paypal. No fraud, no complications , just good fashion dressing contact.
So it doesnt matter if you are in the US or UK, other parts of the world, i get the fabrics of your desire from nigeria and post it out to you - no exurbitant charging! And for lovers of Boned bodices,and corsets - i am your girl!!
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by ne4real(f): 5:47pm On May 11, 2007
would rather buy a nice material and sew a unique style for myself.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by jenny2007(f): 12:19pm On May 16, 2007
fellybabe , pls i will also be grateful if you can send me the same details. my email is curvyjenny2007@yahoo.com. i'll send you a reply as soon as i get it.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by minniepoe(f): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2007
Hi Fellybabae,
i am so much interested in seeing those designs of yours. over here we don t really have good tailors and besides that, getting the fabric is so expensive.
i beg please send me designs my sister.
ma email addy is dotronny@yahoo.com
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by bellybatty: 2:32am On Jan 16, 2008
hi personally ankara material is sold for £5 to 10, the tailor charge at least 30.00. so to have a garment made in you style and the material is provided at least 30.00 to 40.00. or i personally would like to choose my own material and design it myself. i like to wear something no one is wearing so personalised garments are the best. oh, and if your designs are different and unique with a touch of western design like on the cat walk, you can charge more. i would personally get someone to design the patterns of your choice label them and sell it along with your design.GOD bless
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by waffarian(f): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2008
hello everybody, i'm a retailer and wholesaler. i deal with african fabrics like kente, woodin, ankara, batik, brocade etc. if interested, email me at t.i4real@yahoo.com and i'll send you a collection of wat i have. thanks and stay blessed. Also i reside in the USA so shipping is no problem.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by Ebonyj(f): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2008
No_ I would prefer to buy the materail and sew.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
yes oh,

minniepoe:

Hi Fellybabae,
i am so much interested in seeing those designs of yours. over here we don t really have good tailors and besides that, getting the fabric is so expensive.
i beg please send me designs my sister.
ma email addy is dotronny@yahoo.com

ok, i will send it to you.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:44am On Jul 06, 2009
for your ankaras, georges,brocade, gele etc

pls, send me mails on fellyadet@gmail.com or rather check my ebays ankara collection(olufelly or fellycollection)
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:45am On Jul 06, 2009
ankara

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:47am On Jul 06, 2009
more

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:48am On Jul 06, 2009
more
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2009
and

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:53am On Jul 06, 2009
more

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 12:58am On Jul 06, 2009
more

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 1:07am On Jul 06, 2009
exotics design

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by fellybabe(f): 1:08am On Jul 06, 2009
more

Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by ifyalways(f): 5:56am On Jul 07, 2009
@topic,No.
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by zealdrive: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
missb:

Hey guys just to gear off the topic a lil bit.
I live in the US and I am looking for where to buy nice african attire. I don't have a single one. I see a lot of young african ladies spotting nice african wear in weddings and other functions and i always wonder whether they bought it here or from naija. I need help with some info like websites or where I can get good materials and a good tailor to sew. Please Help. Thanks.

Hi missb you can contact me @ ufondun@yahoo.com and you will be sure of getting all the help you need on African attire (material, good style and sewing)
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Topic, no
Re: Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? by oge4real(f): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2009
I prefer making mine wt my tailor. you get the best quality fabric yourself, then u amke it to totally suit you. cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Agree To Your Fiancee Wearing Trousers For Wedding? / “Describe Your Own Personal Style” / Authentic Wristwatches Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.