Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,430 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3097626 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Be like them don block my Twitter I Dey manage through VSAT.

Is it possible to sensor VSAT?

When it's not mtn and glo? grin cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
demolition:

When it's not mtn and glo? grin cheesy

Lol I just noticed this afternoon I and my colleagues could not access twitter again. When one of them switched on VPN he could access.

Is it possible to block VSAT access to twitter? I think say Na satellite cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
demolition:

If you think virtual private networks can be blocked in 2021 then I must believe you still live under a rock or just voluntarily immune to tech.
That proxy something no work o
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:

Yeah that particular one might be congested.
But you can get thousands of it from a simple Google search.

Just search for one that is fast. Rinse and repeat when it gets slowed.
You remember the days of free browsing before they actually had sense to make data affordable? Na that same process.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
demolition:

Yeah that particular one might be congested.
But you can get thousands of it from a simple Google search.

Just search for one that is fast. Rinse and repeat when it gets slowed.
You remember the days of free browsing before they actually had sense to make data affordable? Na that same process.
The days of simple android server! ohoi!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
28pm
The Police Command in Kebbi on Saturday confirmed that bandits killed 88 people in Danko/Wasagu Local Government Area of the state on Thursday.

The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Nafi’u Abubakar who confirmed the figure, said all the victims were killed in eight different communities in the local government area.

According to him, the command has so far recovered the 88 bodies and dispatched a detachment of operatives to maintain law and order in the affected communities.

“The killing took place in Koro, Kimpi, Gaya, Dimi, Zutu, Rafin Gora and Iguenge villages, all in Danko/Wasagu LGA of Kebbi State.

“Initially, the bodies recovered were 66 but as I am talking to you now, about 88 bodies have been recovered,” Abubakar said.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/bandits-kill-88-in-kebbi/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:

make i give you the login info for mine lol. na private internet access i dey use
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
And the head of the police command in these places still have jobs? including the IGP himself? no sane country this many ppl gets killed regularly and we all just seem content with it. wahala dey this land oo

DubaiLandLord:
28pm
The Police Command in Kebbi on Saturday confirmed that bandits killed 88 people in Danko/Wasagu Local Government Area of the state on Thursday.

The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Nafi’u Abubakar who confirmed the figure, said all the victims were killed in eight different communities in the local government area.

According to him, the command has so far recovered the 88 bodies and dispatched a detachment of operatives to maintain law and order in the affected communities.

“The killing took place in Koro, Kimpi, Gaya, Dimi, Zutu, Rafin Gora and Iguenge villages, all in Danko/Wasagu LGA of Kebbi State.

“Initially, the bodies recovered were 66 but as I am talking to you now, about 88 bodies have been recovered,” Abubakar said.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:

make i give you the login info for mine lol. na private internet access i dey use
Oya mail me na Sir K
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
And the head of the police command in these places still have jobs? including the IGP himself? no sane country this many ppl gets killed regularly and we all just seem content with it. wahala dey this land oo

Serious wahala.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
Fair warning

Never use free VPN

There is no such thing as free launch in this world grin

And do you know which country many of these free VPNs are hosted grin grin grin

Also if security of financial data is a serious concern use VPN services from established & legally registered companies preferably in EU atleast than the company will be legally bound to honour security of their services

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

GMB no go remember him civil war tactics for this kin matter. The unity of Nigeria is more important than people getting killed by bandits and Fulani heardsmen.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Some fellas don't know the implications of using something made illegal... It a criminal offenxe... Just like I said earlier govt could start arresting and penalizing users...and considering it has personal info about users.. they would be so easy to track down...
Facebook would have lots of customers in the coming days
https://punchng.com/breaking-vpn-fg-orders-prosecution-of-persons-using-twitter/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:

Comman carry two crates of Budweiser cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
i try emailing lol, not sure it worked
Odunayaw:
Oya mail me na Sir K
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
The Govt can't tell if you are using vpn to access twitter.
VPN works by routing your internet traffic to the company that provide you the VPN account, and that's all the activity your internet service provider will ever see, you connecting to the company's designated stop. From there the company then route your internet into the world, and those company providing you internet can never see what else you are doing online.
I download movies, tv shows, i watch pay per views etc, all free using my vpn.
Only way the nigerian govt can know what you were doing is to contact that company for your internet usage. And if it's a foreign company, i bet they will just ignore naija.
And real vpn companies don't even save user data or what you do online, therefore nothing to provide

GeneralFarouq:
Some fellas don't know the implications of using something made illegal... It a criminal offenxe... Just like I said earlier govt could start arresting and penalizing users...and considering it has personal info about users.. they would be so easy to track down...
Facebook would have lots of customers in the coming days
https://punchng.com/breaking-vpn-fg-orders-prosecution-of-persons-using-twitter/

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Bidexi is paid by the Nigerian Army to be stupid. An irredeemably stupid fool he is. The Nigerian Army pay social media warriors to cleanup their image online, he is amongst those paid. So, if you are hoping or thinking he would act right, you are wasting your time. He feeds by embracing stupidity. Know this, and know peace.
Daverytimes:

And there it is, pretending to be educated but his hatred is showing. Since you ask, the south is more educated, richer, better infrastructure, better quality of life and on and on. Are we still a third world country? Absolutely, are we better than you in everything, ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY. You are the ones dragging Nigeria back, every indeces has the north far behind the south, as a collective the south is dragging your dead uneducated corpses. Let us go and you will see the development, join Niger if that's what ya'll want. What nonsense. You were forming intellectual and someone who has sense, but your hate don dey show.

The Southeast is destroying the homes they built with money you never gave them, they can rebuild it with money you will not give them so do not worry about it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
besides i'd expect lawyers in naija to sue the fg for this ban by now

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lol...you really expected GenFarouq to understand how these things work? Na wa oo, you really overrate him sha. Somebody whose brain is programmed to support tyranny.
demolition:

If you think virtual private networks can be blocked in 2021 then I must believe you still live under a rock or just voluntarily immune to tech.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
The Govt can't tell if you are using vpn to access twitter.
VPN works by routing your internet traffic to the company that provide you the VPN account, and that's all the activity your internet service provider will ever see, you connecting to the company's designated stop. From there the company then route your internet into the world, and those company providing you internet can never see what else you are doing online.
I download movies, tv shows, i watch pay per views etc, all free using my vpn.
Only way the nigerian govt can know what you were doing is to contact that company for your internet usage. And if it's a foreign company, i bet they will just ignore naija.
And real vpn companies don't even save user data or what you do online, therefore nothing to provide

Forget about the VPN, any person who uses Twitter while in Nigeria has committed the offence ... The govt can tell if the user is in Nigeria... . I think this offence is mala prohibita Strict liability offence which without excuse is punishable.
Some users will go to the extent of posting information about where they are at the moment or even the place where the picture is taken.
So from monitoring activities of users to see who post what, they are gathering data. So ur last paragraph doesn't is not applicable
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:

Problem be say courts dey on strike as state no gree give judiciary autonomy.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Govt can take actions for national in nterest... It there has limitation to every right..
FG justification is Twitter is used as a medium for conflict incitement
Moreover, Freedom of expression isn't even cut off, just made inconvenient to those who operate Twitter alone. for the sake of national interest
Shehu Garba Sabi said something like.
Not verbatim
" This is the advantage of polygamy, Twitter is off am here on Facebook"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Whyem15:

Problem be say courts dey on strike as state no gree give judiciary autonomy.
FG do serious checkmate here
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
Loads more proxy servers around. As demolition said, they do get congested and you might have to cycle. Tread carefully though. I've been using a combo of Tor browser and paid VPN for 15 years now.

And in other related news, I see VPN is the most searched for expression in Nigeria for the last 18 hours! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:

i.e the new normal.

Quick to attack peaceful and unarmed protesters

Very very easy to ban Twitter

Very easy to proscribe IPOB as a terrorist organisation..
But ask them to ban police brutality..

Put an end to criminal Fulani herdsmen..
Improve the economy....
Provide security to her citizens...

They can't.

Come 2023 the gullible Nigerian masses will still vote for them...

Rochas
Tinubu
OUK
Yahaya Bello
Ganduje ..etc.

Btw....I'd like to hear what our amiable Professor of Law , His Excellency Yemi Osibanjo will say regarding the FG suspension of Twitter.

I'm a hardcore Atheist , if sky daddy do exist (I don't think he does anyway).. I suggest that the average Nigerian citizens should be given automatic admission into heaven irrespective of tribe and religion. They don't deserve hellfire grin.

Ndi theist please make una no attack me. I no get strength biko.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nemesis4you:
Fair warning

Never use free VPN

There is no such thing as free launch in this world grin

And do you know which country many of these free VPNs are hosted grin grin grin

Also if security of financial data is a serious concern use VPN services from established & legally registered companies preferably in EU atleast than the company will be legally bound to honour security of their services

As another wiser man said, "if it's free, you're not a customer, you're the product".

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
What offense? twitter was banned from operating in nigeria, Nigerians weren't banned from using twitter, if you use a vpn and access twitter, that's not a crime.
And i thought laws have to be passed before one can be accused of breaking the law. When was this ban passed into law? Please tell me, i wanna learn grin

GeneralFarouq:

Forget about the VPN, any person who uses Twitter while in Nigeria has committed the offence ... The govt can tell if the user is in Nigeria... . I think this offence is mala prohibita Strict liability offence which without excuse is punishable.
Some users will go to the extent of posting information about where they are at the moment or even the place where the picture is taken.
So from monitoring activities of users to see who post what, they are gathering data. So ur last paragraph doesn't is not applicable

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
They don't sue when people are arrested and paraded before cameras before appearing in court -which I've established is illegal in Nigeria as in most countries - so not holding my breath.

I'd love to hear a legal, reasoned explanation from someone who supports this authoritarian move.
And no, saying Twitter threatens national security doesn't qualify; it's tantamount to saying they hurt Buhari's feelings by taking down his tweet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
It's idiotic, and that's just story, used as a medium for incitement huh? Same medium the NG utilizes? haha. people sha.
If twitter is being used to incite, hold a freaking meeting with their officials and have them censor out certain things, if they refuse you can then ban it. This ban was about Buhari feeling disrespected, nothing else.
And if twitter is being used to incite, then track the IP addresses of those doing it and arrest them, I'm sure there are nigerians who make a living off twitter, they should take all that into consideration .
GeneralFarouq:

Govt can take actions for national in nterest... It there has limitation to every right..
FG justification is Twitter is used as a medium for conflict incitement
Moreover, Freedom of expression isn't even cut off, just made inconvenient to those who operate Twitter alone. for the sake of national interest
Shehu Garba Sabi said something like.
Not verbatim
" This is the advantage of polygamy, Twitter is off am here on Facebook"

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
RIght? In a so called democracy? No law was passed here, and someone is talking about committing an offense, what offense?

Lurker4Long:

They don't sue when people are arrested and paraded before cameras before appearing in court -which I've established is illegal in Nigeria as in most countries - so not holding my breath.

I'd love to hear a legal, reasoned explanation from someone who supports this authoritarian move.
And no, saying Twitter threatens national security doesn't qualify; it's tantamount to saying they hurt Buhari's feelings by taking down his tweet.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Loads more proxy servers around. As demolition said, they do get congested and you might have to cycle. Tread carefully though. I've been using a combo of Tor browser and paid VPN for 15 years now.

And in other related news, I see VPN is the most searched for expression in Nigeria for the last 18 hours! grin grin grin

Yeah. Got one proxy working

grin Yeah, everyone is asking for VPN. I love holy rebellion

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

This goes to show how leaders in Nigeria think.

They think they are making sense not knowing that they are blasting themselves in the foot with tank rounds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.