Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:10 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3092347 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
i try emailing lol, not sure it worked
I've responded
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
What offense? twitter was banned from operating in nigeria, Nigerians weren't banned from using twitter, if you use a vpn and access twitter, that's not a crime.
And i thought laws have to be passed before one can be accused of breaking the law. When was this ban passed into law? Please tell me, i wanna learn grin

S36(12) is ur idea. Which is to the effect that nothing is an offence unless it is written and punishment for it stated....
But... The Executive has power in time of emergency to create law.
The only thing is the law cannot be retroactive by virtue of section 36 sub section 8 CFRN.
Meaning only offenders from the time the law was made can be punished
Not all laws can pass through the National assemble... Even local govt makes laws.
Therefore offenders can be charged to court ..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
RIght? In a so called democracy? No law was passed here, and someone is talking about committing an offense, what offense?

To paraphrase the young'uns here in SA, "Some people don't deserve nice things".

And I see the Council on Foreign Relations already has a report out in Foreign Policy magazine saying Nigeria has moved from a weak state to a failed state. Both very influential in DC, I hope for Nigeria and West Africa that this doesn't gain purchase.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lurker4Long:

To paraphrase the young'uns here in SA, "Some people don't deserve nice things".

And I see the Council on Foreign Relations already has a report out in Foreign Policy magazine saying Nigeria has moved from a weak state to a failed state. Both very influential in DC, I hope for Nigeria and West Africa that this doesn't gain purchase.
The only reason why this government hasn't totally lost legitimacy is because there are two tribes; Politicians and the populace.

grin But failed state? Nah, sensationalism.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lurker4Long:

As another wiser man said, "if it's free, you're not a customer, you're the product".

True

but involving a 'another wiser man' out of nowhere seems to be personally motivated grin

Unless you mistook me as the wise man grin

Well i am honoured grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
The only reason why this government hasn't totally lost [/b]legitimacy[b] is because there are two tribes; Politicians and the populace.

Acceptance u mean... It the constitution that gives legitimacy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
The only reason why this government hasn't totally lost legitimacy is because there are two tribes; Politicians and the populace.

I'm not persuaded by the argument, though they try to cloak in political science theory.
Nevertheless, if it takes hold in DC, the ramfications for Nigeria and the region are ghastly.

Must bid you good night. My parents got vaccinated from Covid today and I'm hosting them for lunch tomorrow. In a year!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Come on now, i know States and Local Govts can pass laws, that's not the point here.
What emergency? Was one declared because of twitter? grin But hey, okay
GeneralFarouq:

S36(12) is ur idea. Which is to the effect that nothing is an offence unless it is written and punishment for it stated....
But... The Executive has power in time of emergency to create law.
The only thing is the law cannot be retroactive by virtue of section 36 sub section 8 CFRN.
Meaning only offenders from the time the law was made can be punished
Not all laws can pass through the National assemble... Even local govt makes laws.
Therefore offenders can be charged to court ..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Acceptance u mean... It the constitution that gives legitimacy.
The same constitution they disregard? Better rest

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I'm not persuaded by the argument, though they try to cloak in political science theory.
Nevertheless, if it takes hold in DC, the ramfications for Nigeria and the region are ghastly.

Must bid you good night. My parents got vaccinated from Covid today and I'm hosting them for lunch tomorrow. In a year!
By all means, send my regards all the way from UAR

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nemesis4you:

True

but involving a 'another wiser man' out of nowhere seems to be personally motivated grin

Unless you mistook me as the wise man in my original post grin

Was only counting "wise man" from my original post. Don't worry, got nothing but love for you man. You're not related to the Guptas and all an' all. And I..ia continues to buy Electronic Warfare goods from SA. Whilst the backwater exports undesirables to us.

Must run. Good night.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Come on now, i know States and Local Govts can pass laws, that's not the point here.
What emergency? Was one declared because of twitter? grin But hey, okay
Open grazing that was an emergency, they banned not.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
By all means, send my regards all the way from UAR

You Uranium you! cheesy grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nemesis4you:

I will strongly disagree

Let me give you a hypothetical bed time story

Around 200 citizens of a foreign country (ironically where the SM platform is headquartered) enginnering riots in their country of origin through misinformation etc

It is not possible to execute such a task without cooperation or involvement of platform or assets within the platform and perse agencies within that country

Given that best efforts to digitally implicate the actors failed, no digital footprints not possible without cooperation

Inability forced comprise on certain demands eg said target country was demanding localisation of user data , which it suddenly withdrew or possibly tact retreat

Welcome to the nasty world of nasty intrigues
smiley Salient point.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Was only counting "wise man" from my original post.

I knew that, was pulling your leg for the very reason grin

Good night
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
bidexiii:

Bleep the respect.
What do you people don't understand is way beyond your imaginations, you'll rather listen to an hypocrite in Israel.
Am from a Yoruba tribe dude and I grew up in the North, and I met the destruction caused by the Maitatsine crisis, I witnessed the Zangon Kataf crisis. I go on and on like that.
Now the BH, go to these places and see what war has done to this regions it will take to recover what was destroyed.
I will say it has the matter his, if the east turns to a battle ground young soldier would be sent there and some will die but the people that would suffer the most are the indigenes of the region.
Am not here for the likes or support, and I would not take sides. They should embrace peace there is no justification for them embracing arms !

There you go again.. still dodging what was thrown at you...but let's just move on

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
Some fellas don't know the implications of using something made illegal... It a criminal offenxe... Just like I said earlier govt could start arresting and penalizing users...and considering it has personal info about users.. they would be so easy to track down...
Facebook would have lots of customers in the coming days
https://punchng.com/breaking-vpn-fg-orders-prosecution-of-persons-using-twitter/
How will the FG track down person wey dey use better VPN? Even the Chinese government just dey try, upon say them dey far ahead of Nigeria in terms of technology.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Forget about the VPN, any person who uses Twitter while in Nigeria has committed the offence ... The govt can tell if the user is in Nigeria... . I think this offence is mala prohibita Strict liability offence which without excuse is punishable.
Some users will go to the extent of posting information about where they are at the moment or even the place where the picture is taken.
So from monitoring activities of users to see who post what, they are gathering data. So ur last paragraph doesn't is not applicable
The Government should be ready to arrest thousands of people then grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2021
The number of people that came out for the Yoruba nation rally today in Ado Ekiti is scary shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
A former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday, called on Nigerians to cry to God for solutions over what he branded “overwhelming challenges” confronting the nation.

https://dailytrust.com/insecurity-obasanjo-tells-nigerians-to-cry-to-god-for-solutions

grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
info sent

Odunayaw:
I've responded
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 12:06am On Jun 06, 2021
Cry to God? Any leader who saw this as a solution shouldn't be leading haha. God won't do sh!t for you.
We are in trouble

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:12am On Jun 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
How will the FG track down person wey dey use better VPN? Even the Chinese government just dey try, upon say them dey far ahead of Nigeria in terms of technology.
They will catch only those who post or tweet not observers
When u open Twitter account, you fill in ur personal information by sharing pictures of urself and even sometimes where u live... That how the govt will catch them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:14am On Jun 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The Government should be ready to arrest thousands of people then grin

Nop, they will most likely look for persons of interest, a good scapegoat... Like let say a celebrity, professor or big business man who tweet in Nigeria .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:33am On Jun 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
A former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday, called on Nigerians to cry to God for solutions over what he branded “overwhelming challenges” confronting the nation.

https://dailytrust.com/insecurity-obasanjo-tells-nigerians-to-cry-to-god-for-solutions

grin grin
grin god is saying we should sacrifice all these politicians!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2021
joshingjosh:

There you go again.. still dodging what was thrown at you...but let's just move on

Tell me what was thrown at you ... undecided
And tell me how clueless he and other people like you are ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2021
Government will not come to arrest those of us using twitter in Sambisa grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 06, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin god is saying we should sacrifice all these politicians!
cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Nop, they will most likely look for persons of interest, a good scapegoat... Like let say a celebrity, professor or big business man who tweet in Nigeria .
I hope they will start with Pastor Adeboye then grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 06, 2021
Same Twitter the illiterate mallam called Buhari, used in destroying the image of Former president Goodluck Jonathan. Today, the mallam can't tolerate a quarter of the insults he dished out on his Predecessor in 2014/2015. APC rode to power on the back of this same Twitter they are demonizing today. For the asslickers of the north, supporting the illiterate on this platform, I didn't expect any better from them. Imagine a graduate who claims to understand basic logic, defending and praising Buhari; a man without any shred of intelligence, an illiterate aboki with no certificate. On this platform, you find young people with university certifications, praising an illiterate with no primary 6 certificate, for his brilliant performances in running Nigeria.
Sizzorkay:
It's idiotic, and that's just story, used as a medium for incitement huh? Same medium the NG utilizes? haha. people sha.
If twitter is being used to incite, hold a freaking meeting with their officials and have them censor out certain things, if they refuse you can then ban it. This ban was about Buhari feeling disrespected, nothing else.
And if twitter is being used to incite, then track the IP addresses of those doing it and arrest them, I'm sure there are nigerians who make a living off twitter, they should take all that into consideration .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.