Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,375 members, 7,964,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:13 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3158574 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
More than 500,000 American soldiers have fought in Afghanistan.

In 2011, 110,000 US soldiers were in Afghanistan.

Close to 2,500 American soldiers died in the 19 years war.

Make una bring out the stats of the Nigerian army

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

This is all we want. But such opinions might be regarded brainless here on this thread grin

It's not brainless, we have to take the battle to their doorstep now, this repelling is becoming annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roan77:

So now the reliable source you were waiting for, confirmed that 4 died in the ambush, so have your doubts cleared now?

I was the one that literally said you, and other Nigerians are too emotional and dramatic, don't try to use it against me.
I don't use emotions when making an opinion, I use my brain, and I called out BS, when I see one, I don't lick Arse.
The military were not reliable enough until ISWAP confirmed... Someone once balsted them for placing more trust on terrorist propaganda than military statements all in the name of selling bad news

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Even if the army released it figure, You especially would claim it's a lie...unless ISWAP can confirm.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roan77:
In as much it annoys me that the military is always in defensive strategy, and repelling attacks, I expected them to be in offensive mode, hit this guys hard enough, like in 2015, let rest once and for all.

This last part is where everyone gets it wrong all over the world. There isn't going to be any rest, Terrorism shouldn't have been categorised as a war in the first place but as a crime meant to be fought by the police cos it's just like every other crime which never ends but can be reduced. The military should only be brought in when insurgents get too strong for the police to handle to launch an offensive so as to destroy or capture their heavy equipments and put them back to mere criminals.

90% of the activities of the military in borno today is more of law enforcement i.e patrolling and responding to attacks.

Terrorism can be likened to Cultism but only difference is access to bigger weapons and different ideology. What difference will it add if we bring the military in to fight Cultism?

The govt should train and equip some set of policemen to do the job the military is currently doing in borno which are mostly law enforcement duties. The military should only be involved when we need to launch an offensive.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
youghs:

This last part is where everyone gets it wrong all over the world. There isn't going to be any rest, Terrorism shouldn't have been categorised as a war in the first place but as a crime meant to be fought by the police cos it's just like every other crime which never ends but can be reduced. The military should only be brought in when insurgents get too strong for the police to handle to launch an offensive so as to destroy or capture their heavy equipments and put them back to mere criminals.

90% of the activities of the military in borno today is more of law enforcement i.e patrolling and responding to attacks.

Terrorism can be likened to Cultism but only difference is access to bigger weapons and different ideology. What difference will it add if we bring the military in to fight Cultism?

The govt should train and equip some set of policemen to do the job the military is currently doing in borno which are mostly law enforcement duties. The military should only be involved when we need to launch an offensive.

I agree with you, and that's why the military have to lunch another offensive, just like OTT, and the 2015 offensive, to weaken the terrorists again, I know they don't hold any strong position there in Borno, apart from lake Chad shores.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

The military were not reliable enough until ISWAP confirmed... Someone once balsted them for placing more trust on terrorist propaganda than military statements all in the name of selling bad news

Yes, they didn't believe the military own, so they rather wait for their reliable source, ISWAP to confirm the number of casualties, and ISWAP gave them a hot breakfast( Heart break)

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roan77:

So now the reliable source you were waiting for, confirmed that 4 died in the ambush, so have your doubts cleared now?

I was the one that literally said you, and other Nigerians are too emotional and dramatic, don't try to use it against me.
I don't use emotions when making an opinion, I use my brain, and I called out BS, when I see one, I don't lick Arse.

I don’t call people bastards here for I am far above that and not emotional. Your comments are insultive and normal for Emotional beings.

You can always state your opinion without using certain words.

I don cap and Abandon ship grin

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

in Iraq and Afghanistan US lost 7000 troop and 8000 contractor and check recommendation US have contractor which help them with fight but still loose shame
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.statista.com/statistics/262894/western-coalition-soldiers-killed-in-afghanistan/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjb_a-GvKT0AhWCxIUKHZGMA5YQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw2pAUEp03vOlSj1S-8P82Hj

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/military&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjb_a-GvKT0AhWCxIUKHZGMA5YQFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw2CSIVorllIp4va9yndUnl8

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roan 77 and yough and Uncle Sam have a sweet good qoute . But every body should know many thing happen on this thread more than brono itself grin angry undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
Roan 77 and yough and Uncle Sam have a sweet good qoute . But every body should know many thing happen on this thread more than brono itself grin angry undecided

grin grin grin I full ground here
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
A paper report from the Indian Army, comparing the Arjun MBT and the T 90S tanks.

Note, the Arjun MBT is the Indian army version of the early Leopard 2 tank

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shey Brigadier General Zirkusu family member they this thread? Cause I no understand why person go get heartbreak say 4 soldiers were killed in an ambush.

The super camp that was overrun on that same day, more than 15 soldiers were killed.

Nah the families of this more than 19 dead soldiers and the families of the kidnapped soldiers family go get heartbreak like this.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I don’t call people bastards here for I am far above that and not emotional. Your comments are insultive and normal for Emotional beings.

You can always state your opinion without using certain words.

I don cap and Abandon ship grin

Bro, you literally didn't know what BS means.
I never called anyone bastard.

BS means Bull Shit, not bastard.
I call out bullshit when I see one.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
A paper report from the Indian Army, comparing the Arjun MBT and the T 90S tanks.

Note, the Arjun MBT is the Indian army version of the Vickers. Mk.3 MBT which is operated by the Nigerian army.

The Nigeria Vicker mk.3 mbt is shit, and needs urgent upgrade.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roan77:

The Nigeria Vicker mk.3 mbt is shit, and needs urgent upgrade.

Nigeria don't need to upgrade those. The army needs total replacements. The Vickers MBT, operates a 105mm L7 rifled gun, which is obsolete. It doesn't have active APS, low protection. It can't be upgraded but replaced with the more modern VT4s.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Shey Brigadier General Zirkusu family member they this thread? Cause I no understand why person go get heartbreak say 4 soldiers were killed in an ambush.

The super camp that was overrun on that same day, more than 15 soldiers were killed.

Nah the families of this more than 19 dead soldiers and the families of the kidnapped soldiers family go get heartbreak like this.
They was never a super camp in askim uba they was no 15 solider killed in uba the fob base fought and did not withdraw . Stop pending fake news young man

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Nigeria don't need to upgrade those. The army needs total replacements. The Vickers MBT, operates a 105mm L7 rifled gun, which is obsolete. It doesn't have active APS, low protection. It can't be upgraded but replaced with the more modern VT4s.

Yes I agree, more VT 4 mbt or T-90 tanks should be procured in numbers, Vicker is no longer in production anyways.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
They was never a super camp in askim uba they was no 15 solider killed in uba the fob base fought and did not withdraw . Stop pending fake news young man
Is not a fake news young man

A super camp was overrun

The soldiers there fled
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:

I really need to understand what a Supercamp means?

Are they Brigades or Battalions? It’s quite confusing for most of us here.

Funnily enough, I barely hear that word SuperCamp from the Military in deep field. I only hear of Brigade, Battalions, FOB and some outposts that withdraws back to Battalions immediately it’s 4pm.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Is anyone having the names of Brigades and Battalions here? I once saw something like that two years ago on this thread.

I don’t know why when I’m chilling with Military guys here they like using numbers instead of calling location name. I’ll be hearing 125, 122, 25TF etc grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
There is no supercamp in Askira uba. The casualties is what I do not know about but with the way the military camp is constructed and knowing that they could easily be attacked from all directions with nothing stopping the enemies, the troops in that base were either very lucky or they are just very good soldiers not to have been totally destroyed in that attack.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Note, the Arjun MBT is the Indian army version of the Vickers. Mk.3 MBT which is operated by the Nigerian army.

Vijayanta MBT >> Vickers. Mk.1

Arjun MBT is something else - looks like a bad copy of a early Leopard 2

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=SuperSixSeven post=107771475]

[\quote]

You're correct. I can't believe I mistaked this. My bad and apologies.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
We wouldn't have lost up to 500 troops throughout this war if our soldiers can call for air support each time they encounter mosquitoes on the battlefield smiley.
US troops rely heavily on air power, without it, they'd get massacred grin.

Besides they weren't doing all the heavy lifting alone. those countries they were in also have national troops fighting alongside them

DubaiLandLord1:

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sizzorkay:
We wouldn't have lost up to 500 troops throughout this war if our soldiers can call for air support each time they encounter mosquitoes on the battlefield smiley.

Besides they weren't doing all the heavy lifting alone. those countries they were in also have national troops fighting alongside them

Mosquitoes grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sizzorkay:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Is not a fake news young man

A super camp was overrun

The soldiers there fled
the way God dey catch you for the make me laugh . Supercamp was overuun in your dream. Solider did not withdraw. The track show by iswap is not from askim uba

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Whyem15:
There is no supercamp in Askira uba. The casualties is what I do not know about but with the way the military camp is constructed and knowing that they could easily be attacked from all directions with nothing stopping the enemies, the troops in that base were either very lucky or they are just very good soldiers not to have been totally destroyed in that attack.
you keep record to much I have being looking for this . Respect sir

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
the way God dey catch you for the make me laugh . Supercamp was overuun in your dream. Solider did not withdraw. The track show by iswap is not from askim uba
More than 15 soldiers died when a military base was attacked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
The troops of 25 Task Force Brigade on Friday repelled a terrorist attack on Damboa town in Borno State.

The troops were said to have overpowered militants from the Islamic State-backed faction of Boko Haram, the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), in a gun battle, forcing them to flee.

The insurgents had reportedly stormed the town around 6:35 am, shooting in all directions.

This created tension among residents but troops reportedly engaged them in a heavy shootout, forcing them to retreat.

A source said the terrorists were first sighted around Mandara Garau on Thursday while converging in a large number of trucks.

He said the plan was to attack a transit camp for 'repentant' fighters in Sabon Gari, Damboa.

“They fled after they sighted the Airforce fighter jet on Thursday. Again, they returned this morning. They wanted to attack the ex-militants' transit camp in Sabon Gari, Damboa.

“So while attempting to infiltrate the town, the soldiers engaged them in a heavy shootout. Those who survived the troops' onslaught fled, abandoning their evil mission,” the source added.

Since the death of JAS leader, Abubakar Shekau, ISWAP has been consolidating its grip in locations around Lake Chad.

Just recently, it appointed Wali Sani Shuwaram, a 45-year-old as the new leader (Wali) of ISWAP in Lake Chad.

The sect’s membership has swollen with the defection of hundreds of Boko Haram fighters under Shekau.

The Nigerian Army has repeatedly claimed that insurgency had been largely defeated and frequently underplayed any losses.

The terror group has caused over 50,000 deaths and displaced millions of individuals mainly in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/19/breaking-nigerian-soldiers-foil-boko-haram-attack-repentant-terrorists%E2%80%99-rehabilitation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2214) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.