Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,023 members, 7,976,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 03:00 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3167792 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 2:33pm On Sep 14
Odunayaw:
I totally understand. My artyman of 67RC. Na termer 4 dem chase am (NN Cdt). We even met the SO2 abi na 3 wey run the malice recently.

The guy picked up and his life is better for it right now. If you fit learn tech skill, enter tech. 6-9months you'd be better than all these jambites
me my own problem na basic things man need, me i be like failure, nobody send my Papa, family don abandon me, to even see food chop, that one be like luxury to me, omo man just gas find way survive
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fritz73: 5:54pm On Sep 14
Redemption1:
me my own problem na basic things man need, me i be like failure, nobody send my Papa, family don abandon me, to even see food chop, that one be like luxury to me, omo man just gas find way survive

My dad was in nda, he left....went to university, did short service .....the difference between him and his nda mates wasn't that much, and they protected him in service... just pick jamb form, now sef, government gives loan so it's easier.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:57pm On Sep 14
[/b]Two Generals spotted working with troops to rescued trapped Borno Flood citizens[b]

[/b]#Thankasoldier[b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 8:24pm On Sep 14
Fritz73:

My dad was in nda, he left....went to university, did short service .....the difference between him and his nda mates wasn't that much, and they protected him in service... just pick jamb form, now sef, government gives loan so it's easier.
I wrote jamb, will enter unilag next month, i don't think I'll want to go for ssc after getting a degree, civil life is sweet, the only way I'll join military is if nothing is working for me,more like a plan c

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 8:37pm On Sep 14
National Command Center of the "Territorial air defence forces " Part 3

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 8:41pm On Sep 14
Algerian Army Night Tactical Exercise

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:45pm On Sep 14
Chakib:
National Command Center of the "Territorial air defence forces " Part 3

Honestly I get jealous of Algeria, Egyptian and Morocco military, great photos.
This images from the Airforce is highly commendable.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:56pm On Sep 14
bidexiii:
[/b]Two Generals spotted working with troops to rescued trapped Borno Flood citizens[b]

[/b]#Thankasoldier[b]

More images from NA rescue mission in North-East Borno state.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Floky215: 9:00am On Sep 15
Sayeret Matkal...!!

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15
RASM - ALGERIAN NAVY/SOF with The SB Commando MK VI kayak and SUEX Artemis ELITE Diver Propulsion Vehicle

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 7:27pm On Sep 15
NIMR HAFEET 6X6 Wheeled Armoured Personnel Carrier - Made In Algeria

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:38pm On Sep 15
Chakib:
Algerian Army Night Tactical Exercise

2nd picture.
What's that red arrow indication ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15
bidexiii:

2nd picture.
What's that red arrow indication ?

FUCHS 2 C4I Command Post Variant with Rheinmetall Tacnet System

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 12:47am On Sep 16
FUCHS 2 C4I Command Post Variant - Rheinmetall TacNet Vehicle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 1:01am On Sep 16
https://www.military.africa/2022/04/algerian-army-adopts-tacnet-tactical-command-and-control-system/

The increasing digitalization of the modern battlefield poses challenges and opportunities for today’s militaries. Connecting systems and actors reliably at multiple command echelons is very important given the decisive impact of information, command and fire superiority.

After joining an elite club of countries in Africa with a future soldier combat system in place with the Gladius Future Soldier System integrated with the Algerian frontline military architecture, the North African country has now integrated a comprehensive battlefield management and information sharing system to its frontline units.

The Algerian army has integrated all its T-90SA main battle tanks into the German-made battlefield supervision system Tactical Management System TMS manufactured by Rheinmetall.

Rheinmetall’s TacNet is a tactical management system designed to meet the needs of rapid and high mobility operations at the tactical level, it functions primarily as a weapons command and engagement system.

TacNet offers potential for information, command and control, and fire superiority, ensuring that military commanders can always maintain initiative.

The command and control system can also be integrated with Algeria’s Gladius Future Soldier System for real-time information sharing between soldiers, their support vehicles and the gathering of information from drones, helicopters or any other reconnaissance vehicle and cross-referencing them with thermal cameras and radars at the same time.

All in a secure environment, and ensuring tactical units must be able to move, fire and communicate.

TacNet has already been integrated in the Algeria’s Fusch 2, the Boxers armoured vehicles, and with the soldiers and vehicles of the Operational Maneuver Regiments (RMO).

So far, the Algerian military use the TMS TacNet Rheinmetall’s tactical management system In two different versions :

TacNet Soldier in use with the Special Operations regiment with Gladius System 2.0
Nimr Armored Vehicule with Generic Inter-Vehicle Gateway (GIVG) of TacNet Soldier System. In addition to Fox-2 C4I Command Post TacNet Vehicle.
Current operators of TMS TacNet Rheinmetall’s tactical management system in Algeria are; 1st Armored Division with Upgraded T-90SA/ Fox-2 / Nimr II Armored Vehicules and Boxer IFV.
Algeria intends to gradually integrate the system into the rest of the armored Division/Brigades.

Nimr II armored Vehicule and MaxxPro MRAP with L3Harris C2 Command and Controle System could also be integrated into TMS TacNet thanks to its open architecture.

In addition to this, the communications systems, command and control systems, and data-link systems in the Algerian Land forces are mainly based on Western systems, precisely from Kongsberg Gruppen and L3Harris and Rohde & Schwarz ..

Tactical Local Area Network KONGSBERG TacLan C4IS system – for Digitized Battlefield and network-centric warfare Within Algerian Land Forces.

Rheinmetall explained that objective-oriented movement, efficient communication and combat effectiveness define the basis for soldiers at the tactical level.

TacNet – in addition to standard situation maps – offers expanded sensor-effector network functions via standard interfaces such as the Generic Inter-Vehicle Gateway, or GIVG. Forward-looking standards like the NATO Generic Vehicle Architecture (NGVA) have already been included.

Automated integration of sensor, effector and logistics data is densified into a common operational picture, creating a tightly woven information net. TacNet stores and depicts this data, which is used first and foremost for facilitating target engagement. Reaction times from recognition to engagement of threat targets are significantly shorter, thus enhancing the effectiveness of friendly forces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:49am On Sep 16
Chakib:
https://www.military.africa/2022/04/algerian-army-adopts-tacnet-tactical-command-and-control-system/

The increasing digitalization of the modern battlefield poses challenges and opportunities for today’s militaries. Connecting systems and actors reliably at multiple command echelons is very important given the decisive impact of information, command and fire superiority.

After joining an elite club of countries in Africa with a future soldier combat system in place with the Gladius Future Soldier System integrated with the Algerian frontline military architecture, the North African country has now integrated a comprehensive battlefield management and information sharing system to its frontline units.

[/b]The Algerian army has integrated all its T-90SA main battle tanks into the German-made battlefield supervision system Tactical Management System TMS manufactured by Rheinmetall[b]

Rheinmetall’s TacNet is a tactical management system designed to meet the needs of rapid and high mobility operations at the tactical level, it functions primarily as a weapons command and engagement system.

TacNet offers potential for information, command and control, and fire superiority, ensuring that military commanders can always maintain initiative.

[/b]The command and control system can also be integrated with Algeria’s Gladius Future Soldier System for real-time information sharing between soldiers, their support vehicles and the gathering of information from drones, helicopters or any other reconnaissance vehicle and cross-referencing them with thermal cameras and radars at the same time[b]

All in a secure environment, and ensuring tactical units must be able to move, fire and communicate.

TacNet has already been integrated in the Algeria’s Fusch 2, the Boxers armoured vehicles, and with the soldiers and vehicles of the Operational Maneuver Regiments (RMO).

[/b]So far, the Algerian military use the TMS TacNet Rheinmetall’s tactical management system In two different versions[b] :

TacNet Soldier in use with the Special Operations regiment with Gladius System 2.0
Nimr Armored Vehicule with Generic Inter-Vehicle Gateway (GIVG) of TacNet Soldier System. In addition to Fox-2 C4I Command Post TacNet Vehicle.
Current operators of TMS TacNet Rheinmetall’s tactical management system in Algeria are; 1st Armored Division with Upgraded T-90SA/ Fox-2 / Nimr II Armored Vehicules and Boxer IFV.
Algeria intends to gradually integrate the system into the rest of the armored Division/Brigades.

Nimr II armored Vehicule and MaxxPro MRAP with L3Harris C2 Command and Controle System could also be integrated into TMS TacNet thanks to its open architecture.

In addition to this, the communications systems, command and control systems, and data-link systems in the Algerian Land forces are mainly based on Western systems, precisely from Kongsberg Gruppen and L3Harris and Rohde & Schwarz ..

Tactical Local Area Network KONGSBERG TacLan C4IS system – for Digitized Battlefield and network-centric warfare Within Algerian Land Forces.

Rheinmetall explained that objective-oriented movement, efficient communication and combat effectiveness define the basis for soldiers at the tactical level.

TacNet – in addition to standard situation maps – offers expanded sensor-effector network functions via standard interfaces such as the Generic Inter-Vehicle Gateway, or GIVG. Forward-looking standards like the NATO Generic Vehicle Architecture (NGVA) have already been included.

Automated integration of sensor, effector and logistics data is densified into a common operational picture, creating a tightly woven information net. TacNet stores and depicts this data, which is used first and foremost for facilitating target engagement. Reaction times from recognition to engagement of threat targets are significantly shorter, thus enhancing the effectiveness of friendly forces.

You're making me more jealous.
Glad to see some African military getting it right and in the right path.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:00pm On Sep 16
[/b]Some IPOB Terrorists tried to Attack a police station but they were sent back to their ancestors[code][/code]

[b][/b]MOP THEM ALL[b]

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:06pm On Sep 16
[b][/b]Picture showing DRC soldiers with modified russian made 7,62 x 54 mm SVD designated marksman rifles[code][/code]

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 12:46pm On Sep 16
The Algerian army begins using the Chinese CS/SM5 120mm self-propelled guided mortar based on the Nimr HAFEET 640A chassis.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:45pm On Sep 16
[/b]PROFORCE VEHICLES PROTECTING MEN IN ARM'S[b]

Proforce armored police vehicles protecting lives of personnels in Kastina State.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:00pm On Sep 16
Redemption1:
I swear na one girl here wey me no even know her papa from anywhere, you know as nairaland be, person go know you make you no know the person, the girl go submit all the names of cdt wey don come before, naso CB and MP start investigation, them come say the age i used the first time and the second no be the same thing, naso them charge me and some people for forgery,naso i take go house.
This is bad, are u sure u nd the said girl never cross path before.
What will she gain from that rubbish.
I hate snitch.

I regret say I be nairalander, I cry tire, naso I take waste my twenties for Nigeria military, I go turn kidnapper in future, I must make am oo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:03pm On Sep 16
Redemption1:
I wrote jamb, will enter unilag next month, i don't think I'll want to go for ssc after getting a degree, civil life is sweet, the only way I'll join military is if nothing is working for me,more like a plan c
Why this military admission so difficult like this.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16
Algerian Republican Guard SOF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blackestjunior(m): 1:02am On Sep 17
Redemption1:
I'm no longer there, was dismissed because of a nairalander here
Chaaiii... this is really painful

Bro can I talk to you privately
Sent you a pm already
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 12:46pm On Sep 17
https://www.financialexpress.com/business/defence-nigeria-poised-for-historic-helicopter-purchase-what-hals-lch-could-mean-for-military-power-3613067/

September 17, 2024 10:15 IST

Follow Us

LCH HAL
This helicopter excels in diverse environments, including high-altitude and jungle settings, and is effective against slow-moving aircraft and remotely piloted vehicles (Image: HAL Website)
Nigeria is poised to make a significant leap in its military capabilities by becoming the first nation to purchase four Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) through a soft credit arrangement. This development marks a milestone in international defence partnerships and highlights Nigeria’s commitment to enhancing its aerial defence capabilities.

Financial Express Online has reported previously officers from the Nigerian Army have completed their training on HAL’s Dhruv helicopters at the Rotary Wing Academy. This training has been pivotal in preparing them for the advanced LCH. “The discussions between HAL and Nigerian officials are nearing completion, with an agreement expected to be finalized shortly,” confirmed sources in the defence and security establishment. The growing momentum in these negotiations reflects both HAL’s strategic outreach and the Nigerian government’s initiatives to secure advanced defence technology.

The LCH, a variant of the Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv, boasts an array of advanced features including stealth technology, armoured protection systems, and crash-worthy landing gear. These attributes are designed to enhance the helicopter’s survivability in combat scenarios. It offers impressive agility, manoeuvrability, and an extended operational range, making it suitable for various roles such as combat search and rescue (CSAR), destruction of enemy air defences (DEAD), and counter-insurgency operations.

This helicopter excels in diverse environments, including high-altitude and jungle settings, and is effective against slow-moving aircraft and remotely piloted vehicles. Its design integrates state-of-the-art technologies that include a glass cockpit and composite airframe, reflecting a commitment to indigenous innovation and modern combat needs.

Also Read
Nigeria is looking for twin engine attack helicopters, interested in LCH
A

short article insertThe Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Army have already integrated LCHs into their fleets, with plans to acquire additional units in the future. Ongoing collaborations with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and HAL aim to enhance the helicopter’s weaponry and operational capabilities. The LCH has undergone rigorous testing in varied conditions, including at sea level, in desert regions, and in the harsh environment of Siachen. It was officially declared ready for production in February 2020.

The Nigerian Army’s interest in acquiring LCHs aligns with its broader strategy to bolster its firepower and counterterrorism capabilities. The country is seeking approximately 12 twin-engine attack helicopters to support its military operations. Nigeria has evaluated several global manufacturers, including HAL, Airbus, and Turkey’s TAI.

Among the contenders, HAL’s LCH stands out for its versatility and proven performance. TAI’s T-129 ATAK helicopter, powered by LHTEC T800-4A turboshaft engines, and Airbus’s Tiger HAD, a multi-role attack helicopter designed for various combat scenarios, are also under consideration. Each of these options offers distinct advantages, reflecting the competitive nature of the global defence market.

In addition to procuring new helicopters, HAL is committed to supporting the Nigerian Army through training programs. As Nigeria moves forward with its helicopter acquisition and training programs, it demonstrates a clear strategy to strengthen its defence capabilities and enhance its military effectiveness in the face of evolving security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:22pm On Sep 17
[/b]TROOPS OF 3 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY/OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST NOTORIOUS GUNRUNNERS, RECOVER ARMS AND AMMUNITION IN PLATEAU STATE[b]

Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN in pursuance of one of its core mandates of mopping up illegal arms and ammunition in the Joint Operations Area, arrested 5 notorious gunrunners and recovered arms and ammunition in an intelligence-driven operation carried out in Plateau State. In an operation that lasted from midnight of 16 Sep 24 to the early hours of 17 Sep 24, Operation SAFE HAVEN DELTA FORCE and Sector 1 troops raided the hideout of a gunrunner identified as Mohammed Sani at Naraguta Mining Area in Bayameni along Bauchi Road in Jos North LGA of Plateau State. During the operation, troops arrested the suspected gunrunner and 4 others as well as recovered weapons and ammunition of different calibres as listed below:

a. Two AK-47 rifles.

b. One Fabrique Nationale automatic rifle.

c. Fourteen AK-47 magazines.

d. One Fabrique Nationale magazine.

e. 5,316 rounds of 7.62 MM (Special).

f. Ninety-Eight rounds of 7.62 MM (NATO).

g. 43 rounds of 9 MM.

The suspects are undergoing interrogation for useful intelligence to aid in arresting other members of the syndicate as well as decimating the gunrunning supply chain.

Operation SAFE HAVEN commends the good people of Plateau State for furnishing troops with credible information leading to the arrest of the gunrunners and recovery of arms and ammunition and urged the populace to continue cooperating with security agencies in ensuring a crime-free environment.

STEPHEN NANTIP ZHAKOM
Major
Military Public Information Officer
Operation SAFE HAVEN

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:26pm On Sep 17
bidexiii:
[/b]TROOPS OF 3 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY/OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST NOTORIOUS GUNRUNNERS, RECOVER ARMS AND AMMUNITION IN PLATEAU STATE[b]

Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN in pursuance of one of its core mandates of mopping up illegal arms and ammunition in the Joint Operations Area, arrested 5 notorious gunrunners and recovered arms and ammunition in an intelligence-driven operation carried out in Plateau State. In an operation that lasted from midnight of 16 Sep 24 to the early hours of 17 Sep 24, Operation SAFE HAVEN DELTA FORCE and Sector 1 troops raided the hideout of a gunrunner identified as Mohammed Sani at Naraguta Mining Area in Bayameni along Bauchi Road in Jos North LGA of Plateau State. During the operation, troops arrested the suspected gunrunner and 4 others as well as recovered weapons and ammunition of different calibres as listed below:

a. Two AK-47 rifles.

b. One Fabrique Nationale automatic rifle.

c. Fourteen AK-47 magazines.

d. One Fabrique Nationale magazine.

e. 5,316 rounds of 7.62 MM (Special).

f. Ninety-Eight rounds of 7.62 MM (NATO).

g. 43 rounds of 9 MM.

[/b]MORE
#MOP THEM ALL[b]

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17
Special Intervention Regiment (RSI) Algerian Republican Guard

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17
First appearance of the locally manufactured version of the Chinese AV500 Unmanned helicopter .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chakib(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17
An Algerian SU-30MKA fighter launches a Kh-31P anti-radiation missile as part of an air defense suppression exercise.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ikaeniyan0: 8:41pm On Sep 17
Redemption1:
I swear na one girl here wey me no even know her papa from anywhere, you know as nairaland be, person go know you make you no know the person, the girl go submit all the names of cdt wey don come before, naso CB and MP start investigation, them come say the age i used the first time and the second no be the same thing, naso them charge me and some people for forgery,naso i take go house.

I regret say I be nairalander, I cry tire, naso I take waste my twenties for Nigeria military, I go turn kidnapper in future, I must make am oo
Omo😦 some people are cruel o

Mo4
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17
The Police air wing is supporting ongoing ONSA-led operations. The ops involving NNSBS, army units, military intelligence and the DSS have led to raids and recovery of victims of abduction

#Copied

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.