Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,299 members, 7,925,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:43 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3128730 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2018
In as much as releasing the Cameroon separist group leaders aided the integration of Cameroonian forces into OP Lafia Dole, the military should do well by also deploying forces around borders in SS and station some AML or even a T55 around there.

We both know how to show force. I know an immigration officer who was in that post. He said if the military was present, it could have led to a confrontation because the army wouldn't accept them shooting into the Nigerian territory but as a para military, they could do less.
Talking about man power, he said we had enough armed officers on ground + armed officers from the Nigerian customs. If they had advanced more, it could have led to warning shots.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:
In as much as releasing the Cameroon separist group leaders aided the integration of Cameroonian forces into OP Lafia Dole, the military should do well by also deploying forces around borders in SS and station some AML or even a T55 around there.

We both know how to show force. I know an immigration officer who was in that post. He said if the military was present, it could have led to a confrontation because the army wouldn't accept them shooting into the Nigerian territory but as a para military, they could do less.
Talking about man power, he said we had enough armed officers on ground + armed officers from the Nigerian customs. If they had advanced more, it could have led to warning shots.

I am honestly disappointed with the way we handle these things.So what now? we suck cocks to gain friends. I mean why o why have some gendarmerie not gotten missing in action by now

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
I am honestly disappointed with the way we handle these things.So what now? we suck cocks to gain friends. I mean why o why have some gendarmerie not gotten missing in action by now

When it comes to actions on violations of our territory, I'm not impressed with the way the government is handling the issue.
Of what use is the implementation of Cameroonian troops into ops lafia dole? More man power? Then deploy more guys out there and recruit new ones if you think you're over stretched.

You induct your troops and then we release the separist leaders. Deal done.

Still wondering why we keep playing by their games.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2018
Here is it.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

Ummm. This issue is quite complicated but it is obvious the Cameroonians are pushing their luck. Someday, some vexed Nigeria military or paramilitary officer won't be able to stomach this nonsense and will give them a dose of their own medicine.

Why on earth would they bring an AFV close to the bridge

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2018
Here is it

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2018
Xbee007:

Ummm. This issue is quite complicated but it is obvious the Cameroonians are pushing their luck. Someday, some vexed Nigeria military or paramilitary officer won't be able to stomach this nonsense and will give them a dose of their own medicine.

Why on earth would they bring an AFV close to the bridge

The Nigerian immigration has been training some officers to counter threats on border.

If they had advanced to keep shooting, it might lead to shootouts between the men of the Nigerian immigration and NIgerian customs against the Cameroonian forces.

If this had happened between Pakistan and India, you would be counting dead security operatives already grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

The Nigerian immigration has been training some officers to counter threats on border.

If they had advanced to keep shooting, it might lead to shootouts between the men of the Nigerian immigration and NIgerian customs against the Cameroonian forces.

If this had happened between Pakistan and India, you would be counting dead security operatives already grin
The bridge crossing would have acted as choke point if the Cameroonians advanced but let’s be honest, in a situation like that, immigration cannot really do anything about it since they don’t possess anti tank weapons, while the boss was talking on the phone to the other side he was even finding his square root, you think his boys will stay back and confront an IFV with their AKs?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:29am On Feb 22, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

The bridge crossing would have acted as choke point if the Cameroonians advanced but let’s be honest, in a situation like that, immigration cannot really do anything about it since they don’t possess anti tank weapons, while the boss was talking on the phone to the other side he was even finding his square root, you think his boys will stay back and confront an IFV with their AKs?

No, a military detachment arrived the area. You wouldn't dare confront an AFV with such. The best he could have done is what he did. Contact the other side while waiting for military back up from our side.

The best issue should be a call between both presidency on how to avoid military confrontation. That's an aggressive action.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2018
All thru history, Nigeria is EXTREMELY slow in starting a fight with HER neighbors.
But when Nigeria can no longer have it... she return the fight with EXTREME PREJUDICE, Pound for Pound, and extra Pound to clear the aggressors doubt in the future.
Its called "Good Neighborliness" policy and it is one of our 5 Foreign Policy Objectives since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

Sir, it is more than this.
Releasing secessionists leaders to Cameroonian govt is more than just so they could contribute some French-wanna-be Gendarmes to a war that Nigerian military is already taking to a conclusive end.

In fact, earlier on I thought Nigerian government should finance that break away since they are Anglophone speaking part of Cameroon. And that will even help us move away from having a contiguous border with one of France's oversea territory: Cameroon.
Same way Russia sponsored that separatists from Ukraine thus reducing their contiguousness with NATO.

But then, Prof. Hassan Saliu released a paper on this topic where in details, he enumerated the gains and loses of Nigeria if Amberzonia breaks away from Cameroon.
Although, there's a long term gain in it, but the short term loses will be more devastating.
He called the devastating loses "the domino effect".
Nigeria presently cannot stand such tumultuous effect. So he argued that we release those separatists using Nigeria as hideout.

This is one of the grounds Geoffrey Onyeama presented at the NSC meeting earlier this year.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2018
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
Train with the Nigerian Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqZ4XMYflg
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Sir, it is more than this.
Releasing secessionists leaders to Cameroonian govt is more than just so they could contribute some French-wanna-be Gendarmes to a war that Nigerian military is already taking to a conclusive end.

In fact, earlier on I thought Nigerian government should finance that break away since they are Anglophone speaking part of Cameroon. And that will even help us move away from having a contiguous border with one of France's oversea territory: Cameroon.
Same way Russia sponsored that separatists from Ukraine thus reducing their contiguousness with NATO.

But then, Prof. Hassan Saliu released a paper on this topic where in details, he enumerated the gains and loses of Nigeria if Amberzonia breaks away from Cameroon.
Although, there's a long term gain in it, but the short term loses will be more devastating.
He called the devastating loses "the domino effect".
Nigeria presently cannot stand such tumultuous effect. So he argued that we release those separatists using Nigeria as hideout.

This is one of the grounds Geoffrey Onyeama presented at the NSC meeting earlier this year.

It is not that simple, Nigeria presently doesn't have a strong ally in the UNSC Cameroon does, Nigeria taking sides with Cameroonian separatists is actually an act of war, France can easily get involved and you know on whose side they will fight.
I think releasing those folks is a sound diplomatic decision unlike the Palestinian vote.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
jpphilips:

It is not that simple, Nigeria presently doesn't have a strong ally in the UNSC Cameroon does, Nigeria taking sides with Cameroonian separatists is actually an act of war, France can easily get involved and you know on whose side they will fight.
I think releasing those folks is a sound diplomatic decision unlike the Palestinian vote.

I'm not sure you understand my post.

On the other hand, pls read Geneva Convention so you will know what and what constitute "Acts of war".
wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

No, a military detachment arrived the area. You wouldn't dare confront an AFV with such. The best he could have done is what he did. Contact the other side while waiting for military back up from our side.

The best issue should be a call between both presidency on how to avoid military confrontation. That's an aggressive action.
No?
maybe we didn't watch the same video, at 1:45 their boss already requested a vehicle to get him out of there and instructed that everybody vacate the area "please get this vehicle and get me out of here, everbody should get away from there..."
you think after that the immigration officers (who aren't armed in the video) would stay back and fire "warning shots" from their AKs at an IFV with a 20mm armed turret? what are they warning the IFV of?

If there was military back arriving as you claimed, you think the immigration boss would have bolted like that?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

No?
maybe we didn't watch the same video, at 1:45 their boss already requested a vehicle to get him out of there and instructed that everybody vacate the area "please get this vehicle and get me out of here, everbody should get away from there..."
you think after that the immigration officers (who aren't armed in the video) would stay back and fire "warning shots" from their AKs at an IFV with a 20mm armed turret? what are they warning the IFV of?

If there was military back arriving as you claimed, you think the immigration boss would have bolted like that?

He was there till the arrival of the military. Actually, I got to hear about the news from a church member who's part of the NIS. so I was like why is no damn news talking about this till I found it. He's not even aware there's a video recording
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I'm not sure you understand my post.

On the other hand, pls read Geneva Convention so you will know what and what constitute "Acts of war".
wink

When you are done with your Geneva convention, quickly study Article 2.4 of non-intervention
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
jpphilips:

The best action is to release them as this great country can't even protect itself yet. Heck, I'm damn annoyed but who cares.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
jpphilips:

As far as am concerned. It was a good we gave them the separatist. However, what the heck is this sudden meekness towards external aggression? Its not even subtle it is open defiance,what's going on? we lost our deeks?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
jpphilips:

As far as am concerned. It was a good thing we gave them the separatist. However, what the heck is this sudden meekness towards external aggression? Its not even subtle it is open defiance,what's going on? we lost our deeks?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

He was there till the arrival of the military. Actually, I got to hear about the news from a church member who's part of the NIS. so I was like why is no damn news talking about this till I found it. He's not even aware there's a video recording
Sure sir, and i believed they arrived with their soft skinned Hilux and Aks as usual, if things had gone south am sure we would have once again recorded more casualties.... When are we ever going to learn about been adequately prepared with d right tools wen going into operations?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
As far as am concerned. It was a good thing we gave them the separatist. However, what the heck is this sudden meekness towards external aggression? Its not even subtle it is open defiance,what's going on? we lost our deeks?

There are circumstances where you are expected to fight, there are equally circumstances where your jingoism will become stup!d depending on who is adjudicating, like someone suggested, we would have annexed Southern Cameroon as per the Russia of Africa grin grin then France will send us a congratulatory note abi? patriotism or not, dont push your luck too far.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
jpphilips:

There are circumstances where you are expected to fight, there are equally circumstances where your jingoism will become stup!d depending on who is adjudicating, like someone suggested, we would have annexed Southern Cameroon as per the Russia of Africa grin grin then France will send us a congratulatory note abi? patriotism or not, dont push your luck too far.
annexation or even a overt support for is equals to shooting oneself in the foot and ensuring tetanus comes to rent the injury
my point exactly is that it looks like we are being strong-armed. What would it cost us to send their ambassador to Yaoundé? a few less Kamerunians I'd reckon
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
U.S. Conducts Airstrike in Support of the Federal Government of Somalia

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
cutievik:
Sure sir, and i believed they arrived with their soft skinned Hilux and Aks as usual, if things had gone south am sure we would have once again recorded more casualties.... When are we ever going to learn about been adequately prepared with d right tools wen going into operations?

Military presence was just too stop them from advancing. They may come with soft skins I don't really care in as much as they came with RPGS to disable the damn vehicle. The use of MRAPS in southern Nigeria is however common so we can't be sure of what they came with. Plus the Cameroon military /gandr have been trespassing with trucks no difference.

I'm sure the immigration boss made it clear they came with armored vehicle. But who gives a damn? I'm just pissed about defence procurements in this country. Not motivating at all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
annexation or even a overt support for is equals to shooting oneself in the foot and ensuring tetanus comes to rent the injury
my point exactly is that it looks like we are being strong-armed. What would it cost us to send their ambassador to Yaoundé? a few less Kamerunians I'd reckon

Defence minister or minister of foreign affairs. I don't even know which to appoint you. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
tdayof:

Defence minister or minister of foreign affairs. I don't even know which to appoint you. cheesy
grin just gimme building contracts & the listening ear of those in power that's all grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
One suspected Al Shabaab terrorist killed and two others injured as police seize 5 AK47 rifles, 36 grenades &18 IEDs in Merti, Isiolo County. The two arrested were identified as Abdimajit Hassan, 24, and Nane Keynan, 23

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
I don't believe it ! jpphilips
I have agreed with all three of your posts so far (not that you need or seek my approval).
I have told my ANGLOPHONE Cameroon friends right now Nigeria needs Cameroon more than than Cameroon needs Nigeria.
Nigeria is in daily contact with the upper echelon of the Cameroon Military up to the Presidential level and the action of over zealous junior level army officers should not be blown out of proportion.
We call the Ambassador, the FM and the Ambassador sort it out.
Odunyaw
I t is considered an act of War both under the UN CHARTER and the AU CHARTER and as the Yoruba people will say " o je te slow" rora o mase gra , gra.
An example of overreacting happened last week with ISRAEL AND IRAN.
Iran and Israel have for years been spying on each other , Iran sent a drone , Israel retaliated by sending F-16 ( gra - gra) One of them was shot down, lucky for the two pilots they crash landed in Israel ( The plane was lost, one pilot was seriously injured and considering what would of happened if both pilots had been captured for destroying some worthless ARTILLERY pieces) then I understand JP PHILIPS drift.
lastly just because the bigger country ( Nigeria) refuses to overreact is not and should not bee misconstrued as meekness it is called seeing the much bigger picture.
Cameroon will long term need Nigeria's help in dealing with
1) The Anglophone problem
2) The bh problem
long after the bh is solved in Nigeria. What Nigeria most definitley cannot do is invite separatist from another country to come set up shop, understand this ( Big picture Nigeria shares borders with 4 different countries and is currently towing a $16 Billion floating platform into the open sea.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:10am On Feb 23, 2018
You guys self.
France isn't some idiotic country that won't asses a situation before starting a war with Nigeria, if anything France will help settle things, not Attack Nigeria.
Only time i believe France would, is if Nigeria was the aggressor, but if it was the other side, France won't blindly side with them, doesn't work that way. You ever thought about France own interest in Nigeria? Economically that is, it dwarfs that of Cameroon.
So if we get into a fight with Cameroon, which they started, No way France will just start bombing Nigeria, i doubt they will do that, they will just use diplomacy. My opinion of course. Defense treaty or not.
And don't forget whatever the UNSC is gonna do, Russia i believe, will have Nigeria's back in there.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:50am On Feb 23, 2018
First Photos of the Algerian Army TOS-1A Multiple Rocket Launcher and Thermobaric Weapon in Assembly Line of JSC Omsk Transport Engineering Plant in Omsktransmash

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (2208) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.