Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,029 members, 7,880,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:15 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3091898 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
#Libya- LAF cockpit shots from aircraft over south during sorties targeting #Chad|ian groups

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
The white helmeted Airmen in the Sisi visit pictures are E-2C Hawkeye crew. These appear to have played a role in the Security Forces' attempts to dismantle IS' signals and communications networks.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sisi's visit also confirmed the involvment of two other platforms in Sinai operations.

The E-2C Hawkeye airborne control/surveilance aircraft and the AT-802U for surveilance and light attack.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sisi's visit to an Air Force Base in Central Sinai on March 23 blew the lid on something that hasn't happened since 67. Egyptian warplanes on Sinai soil.

Milez AFB is playing a crucial role in the Sinai fight but is also indicative of growing conventional infrastructure in Sina .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
#Cameroon �� navy boarding team getting after it during #obangameexpress 2018.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
(March 24, 2018) U.S. Navy Cmdr. Mike Krul from Detroit, right, works with Ghanaian Sailors in the Tema Maritime Operations Center during exercise #obangameexpress 2018, March 24. #Ghana ��

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
31 nations participate in Obangame Express 2018, sponsored by U.S. Africa Command. Improving regional cooperation, maritime domain awareness (MDA), information-sharing, and tactical interdiction to counter sea-based illicit activity.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
A delegation of Russian air borne forces will visit Egypt for five days to discuss preparations for the joint military training B/w Egyptian & Russian paratroopers forces “Protectors of Friendship 2018 . https:///DFLSryOaWl

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Honestly and if they are not properly looked after or integrated into the military, they are Nigeria’s next biggest problem after Boko Haram.

Perhaps you have official figures on their numbers ?

As of 2016, they numbered about 26,000 men and women...

================================================

[CJTF] After defending Nigeria, what next? Demobilization, Reward or Radicalization?

Doing nothing has always been the best course of action…. But history was not made by those who did nothing - British monarchy

The names in this article have been changed for security reasons.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-HD9X4vUa-3w/WqVqBNUDr4I/AAAAAAAABs0/adrHP84dutcQfaDoLZUHe6XDz1c_r7y-ACLcBGAs/s1600/civilian%2Bjoint%2Btask%2Bforce.jpg[/img]

The Scourge of Boko Haram Terrorism

Since its inception, Boko Haram has killed about 20,000 people and displaced 2.7 million, causing the region to be in the brink of economic collapse.

Experts say if efforts are not made to curtail this menace, 1.4 million more people might end up in famine since all forms of agriculture practices have all but ceased in the region.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-46UvuF7wn-A/WqjNdF6gNOI/AAAAAAAABvI/Zz-Q0DiE-RIP-37611U5MtjvwOEpfxpiACLcBGAs/s1600/images%2B%25283%2529%257E2.jpg[/img]

In 2015, Boko Haram fighters were estimated by Amnesty International to have 15,000 members while the Chadian government claimed the group has up to 20,000 members. Since 2009, the group has been led by Abubakar Shekau after taken over from Mohammed Yusuf who was killed in the Nigerian police custody.

Boko Haram was ranked by Global Terrorism Index as the world’s deadliest terror group. The group have carried out all sorts of atrocities including mass abduction, summary execution, suicide bombings and kidnappings. BHT is known to use child soldiers as young as seven years old for suicide bombings, most of them are females.

Defense of the Homeland (Frontlines)
Following the devastating onslaught of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT) and the inability of the Nigerian Military Forces to fully curtail the rampage, young men from affected communities rose up to protect their villages.

These scantily armed vigilantes have been instrumental in checkmating the rampage of BHT. They man checkpoints and guard sensitive areas like mosques, churches and gathering centres.

Even though the Civilian joint task force receives little or no training or logistical support from the Nigerian authorities, however it has continued its fight against the deadly Boko Haram group – acting as a solid bulwark between certain destruction and fragile peace.

The rank and file of the vigilantes are young men and women drawn up from the cities, villages and communities ravaged by violent extremism. They move in batches to the forefront of the battle leading security forces to suspected Boko Haram enclaves.

Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF)
“This is my country! Maiduguri is my homeland; I fight for my people and my freedom”.

The Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) A.K.A Vigilantes is a militia group made up of civilians in Northern Nigeria to help push back Boko Haram fighters. The group is armed with basic weapons; women are also known to be among the fighters which enrage Boko Haram which preaches against women participation in men’s affairs.

The CJTF ranks have risen over the years to an army of[b] 26,000[/b] concentrated in Bornu state which is the epicenter of the counter-insurgency efforts.

Why the CJTF is so effective is primarily because it members knows the surroundings at the back of their hands. They know the radicalized individuals, the Boko Haram suspects, their sponsors and the regular innocent bystander.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-ESylVswgtBk/WqjP0q0loWI/AAAAAAAABvo/qJRXIr_JOtIYPx1EPy4_nAtngxL4EE5oQCLcBGAs/s1600/images.jpeg[/img]

The need for a vigilante group came as a result of the urgency to defend their host communities when the Nigerian troops fled the front-lines (a common occurrence). The CJTF are fighting side by side with the Nigerian Army, they usually take casualties and has since lost more than 600 of its members often to suicide bombers.

Even though less than 2,000 of its members receive salary - a paltry sum of just about N1,800 naira per month, they still fight bravely. For instance, in 2014 their efforts prevented the fall of Maiduguri when Boko Haram charged on the city. Maiduguri is home to more than 2 million people.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/03/Civilian-joint-task-force-cjtf.html

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
bidex111:
31 nations participate in Obangame Express 2018, sponsored by U.S. Africa Command. Improving regional cooperation, maritime domain awareness (MDA), information-sharing, and tactical interdiction to counter sea-based illicit activity.
Seems the Ghanaians love our SBS so much they took their badge too grin

but honestly I find it weak that countries(which NA "culpritizes" Nigeria) plagiarise badges.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
before and after an egypt air force airstrike

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
newafricaken254:

Now they can go and meet there 72 Virgins ................

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
newafricaken254:
Egypt air force is wicked... That ay that day they bombed them. angry angry smiley

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dyydxx: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
jpphilips:

The demented psyche here are Sahara reporters and their believers, Sahara saw a picture and gave his interpretation, here is how Al jazeera described the frenzy;

you are free to believe whatever sh!t you got from Sahara reporters!! Intelligence wasn't shared equally.

if you have issues with sahara reporters and their followers, take your grievance airing rant to them and there followers. You are barking up the wrong tree here. I got my info elsewhere.... Stupidity isn't shared equally.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/boko-haram-returns-some-of-the-girls-it-kidnapped-last-month

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by walemoney007(m): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
jpphilips:

who owns the investment that generate the funds for the FG in the South?
it's owned by investors grin

This investors found the south safe to operate and work,without the money coming from some of the southern state,all the state in the north will collapse.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by walemoney007(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Phythondancer:
this is false and a poor work from clueless journalists.
former chief of army staff on Saturday said the Nigerian military protect Fulani herdsmen terrorist who kills people of the middlebelt, it's it also a false statement from lieutenant General TY danjuma (ret) ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
walemoney007:
it's owned by investors grin

This investors found the south safe to operate and work,without the money coming from some of the southern state,all the state in the north will collapse.

Do not feed the troll
The troll has nothing to contribute except pit one ethnic group against the other
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Phythondancer(f): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
walemoney007:
former chief of army staff on Saturday said the Nigerian military protect Fulani herdsmen terrorist who kills people of the middlebelt, it's it also a false statement from lieutenant General TY danjuma (ret) ?
Gen.Danjuma is a VSO and entitled to his opinions but the army which I belong to doesn't and I repeat doesn't protect herdsmen. wake up there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
bidex111:
Photos...
shocked
O boy, see as ukwu line up
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
QuietMynd:

shocked
O boy, see as ukwu line up
This guyyy grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Phythondancer(f): 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
walemoney007:
the Nigerian army are always active when they face armless people like IPOB, shooting and killing unarmed IPOB civilians, but Fulani herdsmen terrorist that are busy killing people all over the country are been protected by the army,what a messed up country.

IPOB without weapons or killing people were declared a terrorist group, but Fulani herdsmen terrorist that are busy killing people and chasing them out of their lands are called criminals.

What a useless country Nigeria is angry
the only useless person I see is the one who doesn't know facts but goes around peddling falsehood out of ignorance. I don't want to ruin this thread where noble men have gathered to share knowledge all to the betterment of security forces but look at you.enough said
Gentlemen I salute you guys.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by walemoney007(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Phythondancer:
the only useless person I see is the one who doesn't know facts but goes around peddling falsehood out of ignorance. I don't want to ruin this thread where noble men have gathered to share knowledge all to the betterment of security forces but look at you.enough said
mtcheww, trash.

The governor of Benue said the military are protecting the herdsmen, now TY danjuma also said it,I will rather believe them than believing a civilian beating Nigerian military grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
Phythondancer:
you are just feeding a troll.....ignore him
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
Phythondancer:
Gen.Danjuma is a VSO and entitled to his opinions but the army which I belong to doesn't and I repeat doesn't protect herdsmen. wake up there.
Stop answering the lad fa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:59am On Mar 27, 2018
kenya air force still has 2 DHC-5 Buffalo aircrafts in service

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2018
bidex111:
It is a great relief today after the @HQNigerianArmy officially opened Maiduguri - Bama - Banki Highway for civilians and commercial activity to pick up. Wishing road users a safe ride and kudos to the Nigerian Army for a job well done.

Boko Haram Attacks Community On Newly Reopened Maiduguri-Bama Road

Some suspected Boko Haram gunmen on Sunday night attacked a Borno community located along the Maiduguri-Bama road.
The road was on Saturday reopened by the Nigerian military four years after it was taken by Boko Haram.
The gunmen stormed the village in their dozens at about 10 p.m.

READ MORE: http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/27/boko-haram-attacks-community-newly-reopened-maiduguri-bama-road
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2018
U.S. Navy says hi from Banana, Democratic Republic of Congo! �� #obangameexpress 2018.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2018
#Libya- 30 #GNA's Naval SOF (for lack of a better term...) conclude 2nd phase of naval special warfare training in cooperation with Italian forces as part of buildup to defend #Tripoli naval base.
The first phase was conducted in #Italy in January..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2018
Obangame Express 2018 Maritime Interdiction Operations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kogfg_TdiI
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2018
Good work #Benin! #obangameexpress 2018 ����

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:48am On Mar 27, 2018
Some great images coming out of Misrata airbase, Libya, showing some of the MiG-23s and MiG-25s deployed here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.