Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,994 members, 7,880,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3091834 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:

d tin dey pain me nah!! Haba see cute picture of Aradu gracing the wall as if its still alive.
grin grin grin grin grin
UNA go make them fire me from job this morning o !
MAN no fit get him work done nah so i dey laugh like persin wey don craze for lionel " pain"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
NAF SF TRAINING IN PAKISTAN

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
bidex111:

Are these ones different from NAF Regiment ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Odunayaw:
I concur

Furthermore,
-Sloping of the bonnet for better visibility
- better shaping for the mudguards (that area above the tyres)
-Lose the overhead lamp(makes the ARA look ugly)
- better shape(for aesthetics) as the ARA is looking too "boxed"

And someone paint this thing desert brown!!!

-The lamps weren’t in the first prototype that means NA requisted them so they are probably important.

And yes paint that thing desert brown! Proforce has a desert pattern but it’s a bit too bright.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
bidex111:
This is King Abdullah II Special Operations Training Center (KASOTC) in Jordan

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I thought it was Pakistan. So we have military personnel that has trained in Jordan.

Nice search jake.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
More....

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
Conclusion....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
bidex111:

I thought it was Pakistan. So we have military personnel that has trained in Jordan.

Nice search jake.
Makes sense that they are NAF, remember the Jordanian Air Force chief toured NAF bases last year.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Josfactz:

In the trenches.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
bidex111:

Nice search jake.

instead of we should pick one country and train with them we're training with every country in the world.

Standardization! Standardization!! Standardization!!!

we think we're been smart... shooting ourselves on the foot.

I can count 20 countries we conduct training with... why for??

who even told us to do things this way

If it's not Pakistan, it'll be Jordan or Israel or UK or Russia. what is wrong with this people.

Every day different style of training, different equipment, different doctrine, different combat mentality.

before you quote me please think properly..... because training with more than 10 different countries DOES NOT HAVE ANY BENEFIT in my own opinion.

It doesn't make you better, it just makes you confused and disorganized.

Nigerian military gives me heartburns all the time.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

-The lamps weren’t in the first prototype that means NA requisted them so they are probably important.

And yes paint that thing desert brown! Proforce has a desert pattern but it’s a bit too bright.
I just noticed..IMHO I prefer larger high powered headlamps instead.

Am glad they keep refining the design. Proforce must have a finished product appealing to the region and beyond if it wants foreign sales (Look to Otokar Kaya II for inspiration grin)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:

instead of we should pick one country and train with them we're training with every country in the world.

Standardization! Standardization!! Standardization!!!

we think we're been smart... shooting ourselves on the foot.

I can count 20 countries we conduct training with... why for??

who even told us to do things this way

If it's not Pakistan, it'll be Jordan or Israel or UK or Russia. what is wrong with this people.

Every day different style of training, different equipment, different doctrine, different combat mentality.

before you quote me please think properly..... because training with more than 10 different countries DOES NOT HAVE ANY BENEFIT in my own opinion.

It doesn't make you better, it just makes you confused and disorganized.

Nigerian military gives me heartburns all the time.
What 20 countries? Hallucinations?

In spec-ops terrain no particular country has it all and neither do all part with their knowledge
We both know the NAF special teams are relatively new. It is very necessary in their formative years (5-10years) they train & get operational experience from wherever and then come home to HARMONIZE to create a training pipeline.
If the Jordanians do not have pedigree at imparting irregular warfare skills should we stick to them in the name of "we no wan de waka about"? or stick to Pakistan with no facility for tubular assault?
God forbid!

For example, no where in Nigeria(and largely a lot of our "friends"wink would you get access to the quality training infrastructure the Jordanians have.
So we learn,refine,replicate that's all

We are even lucky we are seeing pictures of them grin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I think once & for all MOD/DHQ should create a unified training centre for CT ops (Anti hijack ;train,bus,plane) for all tri-service special teams & police too. Strictly CT!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2018
Odunayaw:
I think once & for all MOD/DHQ should create a unified training centre for CT ops (Anti hijack ;train,bus,plane) for all tri-service special teams & police too. Strictly CT!
Where would you site a facility like that ?

Most of the situations faced by the armed forces aren’t urban, let the police focus on that (anti hijack; trains buses and planes)
We also need a police unit to stop kidnappings and handle hostage crisis.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Most of the situations faced by the armed forces aren’t urban, let the police focus on that (anti hijack; trains buses and planes)
A specific location? I can't pick one off the top of my head but prerequisite for picking it should be, adequate security(probably situated in a base/training school),privacy (very restricted place like this grin heck birds mustn't fly above),access to logistics (getting a plane mockup,train mockup etc)

Yes the Armed Forces aren't facing urban issues but then shall we be caught pants down if a plane in kano is hijacked? I have a phobia for our police handling such scenario especially if such is "national"

Anyway,kidnappings begets hostage crisis and we both know the kidnap trends in Nigeria(countryside) will never be in a train or air plane

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Cc: jakeporeshenko

I believe combating kidnapping has to be intelligence led(not those SARS harassment). And NPF should stop duplicating jobs...The intelligence arm of CID & MOPOL should be conducting hammer & anvil ops upandan
And then CTU can do their job
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2018
Odunayaw:

In spec-ops terrain no particular country has it all and neither do all part with their knowledge
We both know the NAF special teams are relatively new. It is very necessary in their formative years (5-10years) they train & get operational experience from wherever and then come home to HARMONIZE to create a training pipeline.
If the Jordanians do not have pedigree at imparting irregular warfare skills should we stick to them in the name of "we no wan de waka about"? or stick to Pakistan with no facility for tubular assault?
God forbid!

For example, no where in Nigeria(and largely a lot of our "friends"wink would you get access to the quality training infrastructure the Jordanians have.
Exactly Bro even the US and Uk have trained in Nigeria and Thailand, SF is most definitely learn from other Countries as they learn from US.
The King of Jordan met with PMB and High level Military officials met which meant overseas training was made available. It would be silly to say " No we want to Standardize" If we look at what is happening in Egypt they are struggling to move fast i.e. from conventional to SF despite all the aid. Palaver is in the Sinai, No country knows it all. The US trained in the Niger Delta and Ghana , I am pretty sure they have their own SOP on SF.
Time was we had a President who was considering cutting the size of the ARMED FORCES ( OBJ) angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

1)Badagry
2) Bida
3)Lokoja
4) Camp 5
5) Any of the Sparsely inhabited islands off the coast of Nigeria ( less Human contact the better)

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Some real questions being asked here. Me, for now I'm just observing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
LTGEN:

1)Badagry
2) Bida
3)Lokoja
4) Camp 5
5) Any of the Sparsely inhabited islands off the coast of Nigeria ( less Human contact the better)

Lokoja? For why, you only justified the last one
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanees: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
I will go with Niger state. It's sparsely populated and it's certainly big enough

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
Odunayaw:

God forbid!

--------------------------------
There is nothing new under the sun. Special Operations has been around since 1943. There's no hidden knowledge. What Jordan knows, US knows too and so does Russia, Israel, Egypt, Brazil etc

just study your home soil and adapt to suit your combat model.

--------------------------------------
get operational experience from wherever.

Jordan fights like Jordanian, Israel fights like Israelis, South Africa fights like South Africans.

Nigeria should fight like Nigerians.
---------------------------------------------------
home to HARMONIZE to create a training pipeline.

we've been training with foreigners since time immemorial.

when do we "Harmonize" this trainings When??
------------------------------------------------
If the Jordanians do not have pedigree at imparting irregular warfare skills should we stick to them in the name of "we no wan de waka about"?

so we should simply start sampling all countries fighting skills till eternity??

changing trainers from one continent to another??
-------------------------------------

who trains the US Military??
what is "quality training facility?".... why don't we build ours to gain this capability?
----------------------------------
we learn,refine,replicate that's all

what have we learnt so far?
Boko Haram is still undefeated for six years plus now.
---------------------------------

what we see here is typical of problems plaquing the Nigerian Military.

lack of foresight and standardization.

hope you realize that Jordan has their own fighting doctrine and so does Pakistan, Russia etc. when they all come back and go to warfront together how do you synergies all this differently trained soldiers??

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
LTGEN:

1)Badagry
2) Bida
3)Lokoja
4) Camp 5

Where's camp5? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Lokoja? For why, you only justified the last one
Middle of nowhere but accessible to :
Kaduna
Abuja
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
peterphd:

Where's camp5? grin
NIGER DELTA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
peterphd:

Where's camp5? grin
Okorenkoko, Delta State 5.6187° N, 5.4070° E

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:

There is nothing new under the sun. Special Operations has been around since 1943. There's no hidden knowledge. What Jordan knows, US knows too and so does Russia, Israel, Egypt, Brazil etc

Jordan fights like Jordanian, Israel fights like Israelis, South Africa fights like South Africans.

If the Jordanians do not have pedigree at imparting irregular warfare skills should we stick to them in the name of "we no wan de waka about"?

so we should simply start sampling all countries fighting skills till eternity??

what is "quality training facility?".... why don't we build ours to gain this capability?

hope you realize that Jordan has their own fighting doctrine and so does Pakistan, Russia etc. when they all come back and go to warfront together how do you synergies all this differently trained soldiers??
Respectfully i beg to differ other Countries are coming to Nigeria as we speak to mine our own SOF ops
You don't standardize your SOFs for your SFs I am not trolling you every situation is very different from the last ops and this might result in needless fatalities because you are stuck in " Let us do it by the book syndrome" A Nigerian SOF Operator would of told the US SFS OP right from the get- go they were walking into an AMBUSH right from the get -go because they ( The Nigerians have been in that situation) they also would of told them the planes would not arrive in time again because they have been there, being surrounded by an overwhelming force is nothing new to SFs and it renders your tech equipment virtually useless, so no sir based on recent events Countries can learn from other countries No country has a monopoly on asymmetric warfare.
Fair enough while you at it also ask
why Russia hasn't completed the job in Syria
why America has given up on half of Afghanistan.
BH is in the sliver of land between no- man's land of CHAD /NIGER/ NIGERIA and the MANDARA MTS
that is it and attacks soft targets , and unless you want Nigeria to become a totally repressed state these incidents will still happen in NO- MAN'S LANDS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
LASTLY
Our enemies don't fight with any NATIONALITY they simply send suicide bombers
i want Nigerian Soldiers to live and if that means adapting to new strategies on the fly
heck so be it
if that means GPS/ GIS / FLIR/ ISR/ Death from the vulture is a patient bird ( CH3A , CH4) HECK I am all for it
fighting has no nationality
interdiction and getting the result is all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:

Such onanism! disgusted sigh

From the bolded I deduce you typed for fun
What training did you see them doing in the pictures? Do our other traditional partners offer them?

In Anti Hijackings there is no " israel fight like israel hullabaloo" you are yarning about
Clearly you know NOTHING about KASOTC(school yourself). Its a privilege to train at that centre ogbeni!!

Now tell me the Brits that train their SAS mountain troop in Germany are foolish and shameless for not being able to replicate the training facilities in the United Kingdom?Or NATO SF going to CIJWS in India are dull for not replicating these facilities for themselves?
How old is our spec ops community ?

Stick to your articles oboi undecided &
Sit under a fan next time

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2205) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.