Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,627 members, 7,930,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (66031 Views)

See What Oba Of Benin & Obaseki Were Spotted Doing In Benin Today(photos) / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Begonia(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mbediogu:

Important clue words / sentences are missing. They have to be place for truth to emerge. Things like 'will die within 7 days' , 'call me bastard' and others. Though I find it hard to believe that an Oba said those words, I find it harder to believe that they were concocted by opposition. Whatever happens, no Igboman should allow himself to be caught unawares. Umunnam bi na Lagos, tetanu nura. Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu na eche ndu ya nche mgbe dum. Unu arahakwana ura, biko nu.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/he-said-it-listen-to-audio-recording-of.html

He said it loud and clear. It's very shameful.
What you should find shocking is the fact that some people are supporting murder and extermination of an ethnic group.
Disgusting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by TheProfe: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
But he did not deny he threatened them with death if they vote jimi........so he did threaten them what a silly excuse form a leader

ozoigbondu... Please read the statement issued by the Oba's palace properly and comment with some politeness & decorum.

Mind you, using the word "silly" while referring to an adult simply portrays you in a negative light.

More over, you were NOT present when the alleged statement was made.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by izutex007(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
sammyj:
I said it in my previous comment that this is a propaganda from PDP and their demonic supporters !!!!

Premium newspapers aint bias.... So info from dem is rarely false
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ozoigbondu: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheProfe:

ozoigbondu... Please read the statement issued by the Oba's palace properly and comment with some politeness & decorum.

Mind you, using the word "silly" while referring to an adult simply portrays you in a negative light.

The oba opened himself to insult and he should embrace it.No sane man does this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXgM26B-Ik
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by mbulela: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
naijababe:

Learn decency from Ooni of Ife?! shocked Wonders shall never end.
All modern day royal father are nothing but political contractors. This is not the first time the oba of lagos has talked like a tout in public over this Ambode issue. His background as a police officer is becoming more understandable.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
mbulela:

All modern day royal father are nothing but political contractors. This is not the first time the oba of lagos has talked like a tout in public over this Ambode issue. His background as a police officer is becoming more understandable.

I am no fan of any Oba using their office without decorum but mehn, PDP in my opinion is just as crass jumping on this message and using it like it came from Ambode

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by hitleraldof(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
softwareman:

The typical ranting chest beating lunacy that leads to the routing of July 1966.
We remember how someone sometime ago boasted that no power in black Africa can defeat his rag tag biafran army . It always emds in ignominious defeat for a people whose trade, ark is ingratitude and contempt for their host community.

I hope by now Yoruba people are waking up to see you people for what you really are and what the Hausa and rivers people have known for years.
Ingrates, arrogant, expansionistic and greedy.
I can understand why you will not have respect for other people's culture and traditions, since you are a people without culture..
As for Saturday, we cannot wait!! Please you people should come out in full , while we do as well. It is time we put things to test.

Afterwards we promise to put you people IN YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE. A MAT CHILD DOES NOT DESERVE MATRESS!!
and you ll sleep comfortablely after posting dis?Leta nw u ll all scream one nigeria...God is watching in HD.and as for da civil war,an african force alone did nt defeat da biafran army western and european powersaided said african force..and o Ojukwu was just bragging he had a bunch of civilservants and businessmen with matchets and yet fought for 3yrs..
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ozoigbondu: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mbediogu:

Important clue words / sentences are missing. They have to be place for truth to emerge. Things like 'will die within 7 days' , 'call me bastard' and others. Though I find it hard to believe that an Oba said those words, I find it harder to believe that they were concocted by opposition. Whatever happens, no Igboman should allow himself to be caught unawares. Umunnam bi na Lagos, tetanu nura. Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu na eche ndu ya nche mgbe dum. Unu arahakwana ura, biko nu.
video proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXgM26B-Ik
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by mbulela: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
naijababe:

I am no fan of any Oba using their office without decorum but mehn, PDP in my opinion is just as crass jumping on this message and using it like it came from Ambode
But all I have seen them do is attack the oba directly.
Ambode needs to dissociate himself by refuting the words of the oba. Not that watery comment he made.
You cannot blame PDP. As much as they are as crass as they come, they just won a lottery off the uncouth oba.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by mbulela: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
naijababe:

Also, no one plays the victim card like Igbos. Very nauseating, in my view.
So you have a table set before them and PDP by the oba himself.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by menix(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheProfe:

Oga will u shut up, expect ur anus is where ur brain is.

Take ur time nd listen to d audio nd stop being st:upid....

Most u allow sentiment take ova d brain God has given to u freely..

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by tammie24: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
jmoore:

And the Igbos voted for Obasanjo, Yar adua and Goodluck despite the fact that none of them is from Igbo.

Common sense is no longer common.

It cos they had no choice grin
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
mbulela:

Also, no one plays the victim card like Igbos. Very nauseating, in my view.
So you have a table set before them and PDP by the oba himself.

I have been saying this for how long now!

mbulela:

Ambode needs to dissociate himself by refuting the words of the oba. Not that watery comment he made.
You cannot blame PDP. As much as they are as crass as they come, they just won a lottery off the uncouth oba.

I agree that Ambode statement was not enough but heck that Olisa Metuh is a fool of the highest
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by menix(m): 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
tammie24:

It cos they had no choice grin

So in essence, PDP was d only party dat contested d election or non Igbo contested too?

Oga make una dey use d small fish brain wey remain nah..
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by jazzy4naija(m): 10:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt] Oba Akiolu said a different thing from the misinterpretation by ignorant mischievous trouble makers who don't understand English.
GEJIDIOTS deliberately misreporting it to anger and provoke Igbos and others in Lagos not to vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Well, Igbos are too intelligent to be fooled and misinformed. [/size]
as sophisticated as the Yoruba nation claim to be they still allow allow an Oba to. solely decide who their governor will be(I don't know if that's democracy) I wonder if what he said favored JK n the reactions that world have followed talking about double standards
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by wirinet(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
This clarification from the palace is clafifying that the Oba did indeed threaten Igbos. Now lets look at the sequence of events;
All honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu.

The visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in Lagos and assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

The Oba then acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos.]
What concerns Fashola with the meeting, was the meeting called to eugolize Fashola and APC?
He further went on to say that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos.
Why should he be disturbed or angry with who anybody tribe or region vote for.Afteral Ekiti people voted for Jonathan, even almost half of Lagos voter voted for Jonathan.

T he Oba thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.
So Ambode now equate to Lagos state? What of Jimi Agbaje? he represents Enugu state? So voting Agbaje is showing appreciation to Enugu State

He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.
This is the part i do not get. Within what context did the Lagoon come up. What concerns Lagoon with Igbos in lagos. So what constitutes working against the throne and its interest? What exactly is the interest of the throne? So according to Lagos tradition, how does someone end up in the Lagoon? He is forcefull thrown into the Lagoon or he magically finds himself inside the middle of the lagoon? Who had suffered this punishment in the past that we can use as reference or had not there been anybody that has worked against the interest of an Oba in the past?

4. Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.
If the Igbos had not betrayed the Oba in the past, why does he think they would betray the Oba now? How else does the Oba want Igbos to reciprocate respect and understanding to the Oba and Lagos state than by doing their businesses peacefully and lawfully and by paying their taxes?

The Oba should be apolitical, he should not be seen campaigning for one candidiate or party not to talk of issuing direct threats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
mbulela:

I am I am all for attacking the Oba, he laid his bed but eejiots are seem to think the Oba's utterance was endorsed by Ambode
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

HE IS A TERRIBLY STUPID MAN.......YOU 'LL SEE MORE SIGNS SOON ENOUGH.........
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by pure2012soul(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
REALODUA:
sai baba, apc or straight to ya village. U ungreatful lot
I don't reside in Lagos mind you
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by pure2012soul(m): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
REALODUA:
all we r saying, go back to your eastern village. Leave our Lagos alone. We r overpopulated simple.
I don't reside in Lagos neither am I from the South East. grin
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ngoziama: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

Go and advise your so called oba.He should let us know how much he had collected from apc.mtchewwwwww

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by sonnie10: 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is a federal crime to make bigotry comments in some countries. I believe that is what is needed in Nigeria at this point
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by mama777(f): 12:25am On Apr 07, 2015
haha d man was shocked that buhari nearly lost lagos state and decided to be proactive. Seems APC doesn't know the meaning of the word
"Change" Ambode's flyers also have change on it.
We already have change at the Federal level
because we agreed that change is inevitable. So
therefore change must go round. Let's have Jimi
Agbaje for Governor of Lagos State. Isn't that
change?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy Last goat,he really is..
Nwanne Ahughim edemede gi na inbox
shizzleStar:
Lastgoat, take your stewpidity elsewhere. The frustrated tout of an oba should learn decency from oni of ife. He has desecrated the 'obaship' with his unguarded and senseless comment and shoulld be sanctioned.

Silly, useless, bigoted oba-werey
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by hollandis(f): 1:35am On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

This is Bullshit -Akiolu and his supporters that includes sshould wait for the wrath of God
[/s]
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 5:35am On Apr 07, 2015
naijababe:

Learn decency from Ooni of Ife?! shocked Wonders shall never end.
Yes you heard me right! verbal decency. I mean decorum in his utterances
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 5:39am On Apr 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
cheesy cheesy Last goat,he really is..
Nwanne Ahughim edemede gi na inbox
Ok, agam edeghari ya.

Good morning!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba you see your life? See how you have disgraced yourself because of politics, you cannot force people to vote for a candidate of your choice. Why should you threaten Igbos? Are they the only non indigenes in Lagos state? Obviously you must be high on weed onye ara like you. Come carry me go vote your candidate now. Highly disappointed you could belittle your self to that extent.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Cateyes07: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2015
superstar1:
Yes Oba made the statement, what will happen.

It is either you live with it or you go back to the gully eroded land of setting sun.

He is on his land and can say and do as he likes.

With or without your vote, Ambode will be the governor.

JK is still our son and you will forever be foreigners and shall be dealt with accordingly.

I thought you are 80% of Lagos, you can as well march to the Oba's palace and demand for his dethronement. I doubt if any of you will return back to your enclave alive.

However, we are expecting your usual whining, shameless, lame, pathetic and emotional ultimatum.
this is not 18th century BC,nobody of that status should make careless statement of such magnitude
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by kalybaly: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Are you mad?!

No
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Funjosh(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Ok I haff heared.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by olisa4(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

The Oba never made those comments! Stop misinforming Nlanders.

your Oba is a disgrace

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / Atiku's ₦12,430 Case File Vs Obi's ₦5,430 Case File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.