Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,611 members, 7,929,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 08:40 AM

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (66027 Views)

See What Oba Of Benin & Obaseki Were Spotted Doing In Benin Today(photos) / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Defcon1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

There is nowhere that says a Father shouldnt take sides.

If you have 2 sons, One is prudent and one is spendthrift and someone decides to give your family money for a business venture wouldnt you support the prudent son?

Both Agbaje and Ambode are sons to Akiolu and the monarch chose one of them

In the Bible it was said Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated

Their father Isaac openly loved Esau more than Jacob.

Ibos have been living and prospering in Lagos because their host allowed them and accommodated them. They should keep doing their business and not interfere with the politics
I don't understand what you mean by the lgbos interfering with the politics
Are they not supposed to vote in Lagos?
ls Jimi Agbaje an Igbo man??

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by 7lives: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
Yes the Oba made that statement and what would happen?

Yes he made it and all concerned must comply

[size=15pt]Bi Ewure ba binu, ti o fi ese ha ile, se o fe bu olowo e je ni? If the goat is angry and scratches his hoof on the floor can it bite the owner?[/size]

The owner of Lagos has spoken and every concerned person must comply

Eni Sango ba ti oju e wole, Ko ni bawon bu Oba Koso. Whoever sees Sango display its wrath would never abuse the King of Koso

Don't mind them, Let them import the whole of Alaigbo to vote Jimi, he will still not win the election.
An ordinary cheiftancy title was given to GMB in Igboland and they almost dethrone that king, come Saturday Jimi will learn not look for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Mbediogu(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
KazeemDiary:
The palace of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has issued a statement, clarifying the Oba’s statement when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below.

THE PALACE MAKES FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON THE STATEMENT BY THE OBA OF LAGOS.
‎My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.

Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.
He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

2.Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.

3. Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.
Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants.
Signed: Chief Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa of Lagos
April 6, 2015

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/180665-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-what-oba-akiolu-really-said-palace.html

Important clue words / sentences are missing. They have to be place for truth to emerge. Things like 'will die within 7 days' , 'call me bastard' and others. Though I find it hard to believe that an Oba said those words, I find it harder to believe that they were concocted by opposition. Whatever happens, no Igboman should allow himself to be caught unawares. Umunnam bi na Lagos, tetanu nura. Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu na eche ndu ya nche mgbe dum. Unu arahakwana ura, biko nu.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
MaximusMeridius:

..............if he really wants to soil himself by getting involved in politics, then the Oba should first try to convince his yoruba kinsmen why they should vote for Ambode. Threatening people is unbecoming, apologise for the imposition and tell Ambode to up his game, all we see from Ambode's campaigns are studio portraits and musicians dancing, idea, manifesto none! All we hear is continuity, continuity of what, Lekki-express way Scam and the likes? He is trying to imply Ambode is the candidate because they've "consulted", if so then there is no need to fear except they don't really beleive in their "consultations" :lol: The reason why Ambode has a problem (apart from the fact that he is dull) is the people don't like the way he was imposed. if they had allowed the best candidates to emerge, they won't be worried about April 11 because APC started in Lagos and APC has momentum, if you are worried about APC in Lagos they, you know you really bleeped up!!!. People are eager to vote for candidates they beleive in, we are also eager to see federal and state presence in Lagos but it's hard to get the inspiration to spend a whole day to vote for an establishment puppet who cannot even articulate his own vision.

Jk is clearly the better candidate but I'm definitely not voting for him because I don't like the company he keeps. APC are no saints especially Lagos APC but PDP is a party of thugs, criminals and people of dubious characters. Orubebe, 'koro and Foyose and the kind of people in left in PDP and as such i won't vote for JK. I am Yoruba and I can't see why I should vote for Ambode and that's my dilema should I stay at home or vote for APC, because if I do vote it won't be for Ambode but for APC.

Ambode: wrong candidate, right party
JK: Right candidate, wrong party
Oba of Lagos: No comment: because as a yoruba son, I must respect my elders and the institution.

I will say "Dont stay at home"!
Your opinion would not have mattered, if you fail;ed to cast your vote. Go out and vote for what you believe in.
Concerning Ambode and JK Agbaje, ........ the equation has been reduced to a simple 1 + 1 = ?
You will have to make a Choice between two "extremes" ..... and this time, you wont have to chose based on the "personae" involved because both have "liabilities" in their baggage!

So, in this context, we have to look at the "larger good of the society". What is in it for Lagos, as our flagship state?
What would a JK Agbaje Governorship bring to Lagos? - technocracy, soundness of person... and all the PDP atrocities! shocked

What would an Ambode governorship bring to Lagos?
He appears not very vibrant but so was Fashola who we knew nothing about, before he became Governor! He was also an imposition, like Fashola....by the same Tinubu (does this klep has a way with hand-picking performers?)
But more importantly, Ambode brings the vibrancy of APC into the fray. He removes Lagos from the problems of "opposition State" a situation whose attendant problems cannot be "understated".
For example, if Jk Agabaje wants to do the 4th mainland bridge, like Fashola, who will he call upon at the "center of power" in Abuja, since it is obvious such vastly costly but not so financially-rewarding project wont be financed by PPP but by the federal Govt? shocked
We all saw what being an opposition state has done to Lagos in t he last 16years, just look at all the federal projects, from Road to Airport, and you will feel sorry for Lagos.
This alone is the reason why every "Resident of Lagos" must VOTE APC/Ambode...... for the sake of Lagos itself, not for the sake of JK Agbaje or Ambode whom, If he does not perform, we have our PVC to vote him out come 2019.
I even suspect JK will "port back" to APC ......... eventually as the only reason he left was because he could not wait any further, and rightly so, for his turn.

Lastpage!

chax100:

I do appreciate your write up, JK is a better candidate and I will vote for him and hold him accountable for my vote. A principled Jimi Agbaje with a well conceived manifesto, enlightening Lagosians on Ocean Economy during the governorship debate and Ambode was bold enough to express such sheer ignorance over the subject. A puppet like Ambode is a disaster in the waiting. For the utterances made by the Oba, I comment on my reserve, the Igbo people are not a push over, they know what they want. A true progressive will always restort to the contest of ideas and not vulgar vituperations. God bless Nigeria.

I remember in 2007, you'all call fashola a puppet of Tinubu because he single-handedly proffered Fashola as the Governorship Candidate of ACN but today, we can somehow, funnily, thank Tinubu for foistering this wonderful young man on Lagos.....and indeed the whole Nigerian psyche! kiss
When it is time, God can even use the Devil to do marvellous things, for the benefit of His people! grin

Where were you when Jonathan and "people like you and PD.pigs" were resorting to "vulgar vituperations" like Buhari is a fanatic, he has cancer, he will soon die, He is Boko Haram, he hates Igbos, he has no cerbisticate (which the Army promptly release when he wont the election), e.t.c?

Sadly, the Igbos, are still out to take their pound of flesh on Yorubas for kicking the butt of that clueless Jonathan and many of them, hypocritically, pretend as if they like JK Agbaje when in actual fact, what they want is for Lagos to keep suffering as an opposition state.
They come in all sorts of "masquerade", from mis-information to spreading outright lies, just like they were doing against Buhari.... but God pass una.

Lagos is a "done-deal" for APC....anyoen who has the interest of Lagos at heart cannot think otherwise.

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
gabriplane:
statements like yours is what makes the natives threaten and brings about aggression on igbo people..... lemme educate you...the native pple of lagos are the aworis, ijebus of ikorodu and epe, eguns of badagre e.t.c...brother lagos looks like a no man's land as you call it because of the rate of immigration into lagos...how would you feel if ur village is called a no man's land cos it developed and has many immigrants.?
In 1800s, the early settlers in Lagos were the Ile Ife Fishermen and the travelers from Benin Kingdom who ferry slaves to Badagri and Ghana. War broke out between the Benin and Ile-Ife fishermen, both groups were NOT owners of Lagos. The Benin fighters defeated the Ile-Ife fishermen, and in 1836, the Oba of Benin called this land, Eko. It was to be named Lagos by the portuguese later on.

Eko, is the original name and was given to this No Man's land by the Oba of Benin in the 1830s.

Please be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Didn't oni of ife say publicly that traditioinal rulers dont canvass openly in favour of a politician or particular candidate?

Whoever appointed this shameless thug as an oba should be skinned alive for such grave and unforgivable mistake.

He should be dethroned immediately to save the 'throne' from further disrepute from that bigoted tout of an oba.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Mbediogu(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
REALODUA:
we know people like you, abuse Yoruba on the forum while you make all your living on its land, that lagoon will judge you. As oba said so shall it be. Vote pdp and die in lagoon.

What is this? How do Igbos make all their money in your land, by folding their hands? They sell goods and services that you need but are too lazy, too proud to provide for yourself. Go and bake in the oven my friend. Is your lagoon deeper than the Niger? Ask Murtala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by StarCj(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

The Oba never made those comments! Stop misinforming Nlanders.

it seems like u read without apprehending/understanding
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by oyadeyi83: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Out of desperation of PDP, they want to turn Lagos to dumping ground. Why not this shewere, shediokwe and co go to their village and vie for political office. Do you see an Yoruba in Aba, Onitsha vying for political position. Koro, Bode George and co......... E ronu ooooo!!!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
7lives:

Don't mind them, Let them import the whole of Alaigbo to vote Jimi, he will still not win the election.
An ordinary cheiftancy title was given to GMB in Igboland and they almost dethrone that king, come Saturday Jimi will learn not look for trouble.
you are an ignorant oaf.

First the title is not ordinary, it is only reserved for the most worthy and befitting son of the land and not some undeserving politician.

Secondly the traditional ruler desecrated the stool by acting without permission/approval from the traditional council of chiefs
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by bidex(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Propaganda! na so una wan seek pitiful votes? hmmm... so pathetic
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by LSU: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please find below the audio. I wonder why some people are still defending the Oba. Are we so dehumanized that we have lost all sense of decency. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/audio-oba-akiolus-meeting-with-igbo-leaders/

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ambiboy(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt] Oba Akiolu said a different thing from the misinterpretation by ignorant mischievous trouble makers who don't understand English.
GEJIDIOTS deliberately misreporting it to anger and provoke Igbos and others in Lagos not to vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Well, Igbos are too intelligent to be fooled and misinformed. [/size]
. https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/oba-akiolu-speaks-mp3?in=chxta-bee/sets/oba-akiolu-issue
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by kizaronto: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
nzeobi:
Oba please remain apolitical, do not support any of the candidates openly

I learnt obas do not campaign or engage in politicking. Why then is he canvassing for support a particular candidate? He should seat in his nest and allow people cast their votes

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by spiralwedge(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
it may be okay to insult APC, Tinubu and co, but it will be a mistake for immigrants to drag the name of this king to the mud.
I can't imagine where this will eventually lead to
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Caracta(f): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Vickybee:

Fashola and APC have suffered Igbo a lot and they have the right to join hands together and vote him out.

I laugh at where you said Igbo's will suffer it; I guess all the poverty-stricken destitutes in Lagos are Igbo. SMH

Cute blind bat, what relates to poverty in my post or are you just programmed to equate epileptic roads to poverty? Where are you from again? Don't bother. Life is too sweet to get worked up over my post. Vote anybody in or out. It's your choice...your right...your PVC.

I still don't get why shizzlestar is so pained. Guess we pushed the right buttons. Such aggressiveness in the blood! Ish!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by isan(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
superstar1:
Yes Oba made the statement, what will happen.

It is either you live with it or you go back to the gully eroded land of setting sun.

He is on his land and can say and do as he likes.

With or without your vote, Ambode will be the governor.

JK is still our son and you will forever be foreigners and shall be dealt with accordingly.

I thought you are 80% of Lagos, you can as well march to the Oba's palace and demand for his dethronement. I doubt if any of you will return back to your enclave alive.

However, we are expecting your usual whining, shameless, lame, pathetic and emotional ultimatum.
abeg kindly take it easy with demgrin
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
LSU:
There is no need to deny what the Oba said. The audio of the statement is out. It is sad that our politics has degenerated to this level.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/he-said-it-listen-to-audio-recording-of.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/audio-oba-akiolus-meeting-with-igbo-leaders/

I listened to the "Audio" and l was aghast!

Now, until l see the Video with the Oba speaking (so l can be sure that this is not just a "voice-over"wink, l will still give him some benefit of thr truth, that he did not say those things.

Now, let us "assume" he said so.
I will be honest: IT IS WRONG!
As much as l think Igbos are pesky, annoying, arrogant, in-your-face attitude, ungrateful and a spoiler of all good things, l will stil concur that they are Nigerians (until the secede to Biafra grin ) and should be accorded the "love and respect" which unfortunately they themselves dont afford other tribes.

Moreso, as a Traditional ruler, you have to be "diplomatic" in your choice of words! You are a father to ALL, irrespective of your personal feelings.
Funnily, if you listen to this video, you will hear the Igbo audience CLAPPING and l am like What-da-Phuck is wrong with this people?

The Oba should through his spokesperson, apologise to his audience.
(I know if the tables were turned, No Igbo person will ever ask his Eze to apologise to Yorubas............... that is the difference between Yorubas and to her tribes, we are a cut above the closest tribe... which is not even Igbos)

Now, let us assume he did not say so and the "audio" was forged:
*Why would such thing be done?
To foment hatred and make Igbos vote PDP? (Well, that we expect anyways, as we have seen in the Presidential elections)
*Who could have done it?
Sure, it is the PD.Pigs who will want to incite Igbos living in Lagos, against the APC, knowing that Lagos is a generally liberal state.

Finally, we might ask: What percentage of Lagosians.... especially those with PVC, are Igbos?

Let us say the TOTAL population of immigrants in Lagos is 40%. that is two-thirds.... or for every 3 person you see, 1 is a non-Yoruba.
What portion of this are Igbos? maybe 15% or 20% at most. (that is, for every 2 immigrant in Lagos, 1 is Igbo).
Dont forget we also have Hausas in Lagos, in large numbers!

Thus, at best, at the very best of the best, ALL Igbos in Lagos, if they all have PVC (we know most dont have), and if they all can Vote (again, most went to collect PVC in their Eastern states! grin and cant vote in Lagos!) ...cannot provide beyond 20% of votes for Jimi Agbaje.
That is the "maximum" they can cast for him but in reality, we are looking at something like 7-10% votes

So, where and how will Jimi Agbaje stump-up the remaining 30% to even garner HALF of the votes,..... to even qualify for a re-run? undecided

[size=18pt]what l am showing you is that APC/Ambode win in lagos is confirmed.[/size]

Jimi ported to PDP when he knew and was banking on the ability of the PD.Pigs to RIG elections but now that Prof JEG has "jegared" everyone, rigging has been brought to a minimum level.

If Democracy is a game of numbers, like l said in all my previous posts before Jonathan's election, the maths dont add-up and JK cant win.

You can take this to the BANK.

Lastpage!

BTW: If seems strange to me that ALL the Eze Ndigbos in Lagos will go and pay Oba Akiolu a visit, just a week to elections?
Did they go to ask for forgiveness, for their shambolic utterances and behaviour before Jonathan got booted out of office
Did they go to pledge their unalloyed Loyalty to the Oba
Did they go to tell him that "Lagos is No-man's land"? grin
Did they go to tell him to convince Yorubas to vote JK?
shocked shocked

Why cant they just learn to 'pipe-down' until frayed nerves calm down before trying all these subtle moves?
The last time, they were the ones giving matching orders to the president-elect (Buhari) ....even while been very aware of their "role and position" in the last election!
I would think common sense will dictate that they should mellow down and let time take care of certain things.
Every Politician that loses an election usually take a "time-out" .....and come back fully recharged...
But then, Igbos will always be Igbos: loud, brash, rude, Gra-Gra and in-your-face! undecided

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
StarCj:

it seems like u read without apprehending COMPREHENDING /understanding

Apprehending is for Police! grin grin

education is FREE ...in Lagos! undecided
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by NobleG1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Any I*diot threatening Ndigbo haven't read history yet. Igbos are not cowards! Don't f*uck with us.

Boko Haram have hit Hausaland and Yorubaland. They've have not tried s*hit yet on Igboland and there's a reason for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Caracta:

Cute blind bat, what relates to poverty in my post or are you just programmed to equate epileptic roads to poverty? Where are you from again? Don't bother. Life is too sweet to get worked up over my post. Vote anybody in or out. It's your choice...your right...your PVC.

I still don't get why shizzlestar is so pained. Guess we pushed the right buttons. Such aggressiveness in the blood! Ish!
Nah! far from it. Like i said before, your analogy in the comment i quoted didn't cut it and is irrelevant to the topic of discourse, only the bolded made sense.

You are right on pushing the button, that tells why the frustrated tout of an oba showed his thuggish nature. lol However be prepared cos more buttons will be pushed come april11 when more sh1t will hit the ceiling.

Good day!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by cbrass(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
Billyonaire:

Enough of your rant, everyone is an immigrant in Lagos even the Oba. Lagos is a metroplitan City and no man's land. The population of non-yorubas is greater than Yorubas in Lagos. This land, is for all, and shall for ever remain...NO MAN'S LAND.

why not go and say this before the king
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by youngmonie: 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
I HAVE SAID IT IN ANOTHER TOPIC AND I WILL SAY IT HERE AGAIN. IGBOS ARE JUST A PAWN IN THIS GAME IN THE THEY WILL BE THE ONE TO LOOSE OUT.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
ogene007:

You and silly Oba will get the shocker of your lives, come 11th April. You will all learn in a painful way, that a dog does not bark at a lion. Igbos will teach you that nobody threatens us.

here you go again, with your gra-gra! angry angry
when will you ever learn that Democracy is a game of numbers....and you DONT have the numbers?

We told you before March 28, you no gree lsiten, now look at the embarrassment you have put Jonathan and all your kindred into, to now be beging Buhari like some lost souls?
Even Dezziani Allisson-madueke has quickly learnt how to dress like Hajia! shocked grin grin

Igbos boast too much!
They should use more of the brain (dont know how mcuh is left in that Fl@thead)... and less of their Mouth. undecided

When they lose again, they would start the 'finger-pointing' and blame Obama for not supporting them! grin grin
Awon people yii Oo'gbadun o! grin

Infact, at this point, we can ask the Igbos to go stuff their PVC where the sun does not shine .... but we wont go to that extent yet

[size=18pt]Ambode/APC will win the Governorship election, whether Igbos support him or not[/size].

But it would have been better if they do, so they can be seen as being part of the "Change" .... at least in Lagos because if they make themselves "opposition people", they would no longer enjoy Lagos o!

Lagosians can begin to enact laws or take "actions" albeit clandestinely, that would not favor Igbos in lagos and their business.
I hope it does not get to that and hope those "Ese Ndigbo" will talk sense into their street hawker relations, before its too late.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by dazangel11(f): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

No be the same cutlass your forefathers carried to war before they were brutally humiliated by Benjamin Adekunle Black Scorpion

We are talking about real wahala, This one dey talk cutlass, like say na grass he wan cut.

Guy Igbos dey live near you carry bomb begin kill them no wait till saturday . animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
kalybaly:

People indeed. You ain't got plan for yourselves in your own State and still come here trying to bend the rules.

Are you mad?!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
NobleG1:
Any I*diot threatening Ndigbo haven't read history yet. Igbos are not cowards! Don't f*uck with us.

Boko Haram have hit Hausaland and Yorubaland. They've have not tried s*hit yet on Igboland and there's a reason for that.

Very correct Bro!
They just dont think it is worth the effort afterall, there are more than enough Igbos scattered in those foreign places! shocked shocked shocked
Why go to Sokoto, to look for something in your Shokoto (trouser) grin grin

Yea, Igbos are very brave! grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Forwetinnah: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
Damage control
Try as the APC situation/calamitous room may, the damage has already been done. Taking down or covering up the news on the net doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by HirstMOG(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

Why must he associate himself with such thing as supporting a particular person? Is JK not a lagosian?? Is he not suppose to be father to all He has been brainwashed and bribed by Tifnubu. Oba wey nor know himself!!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by pasol4real(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba owes no one any explanation. He said it and he meant every word of what he said. The message is clear

I just advise those who he addressed to make the necesary adjustment cos when it starts now, Na you go bear the brunt

Oba Akiolu, For saying this, I have found a new level of respect for you.

Any Shidioma, Shidioke or Shiwere who wants electoral post should face Aba, Umuahia or Enugu

BTW this is the sign of things to come in Lagos and the entire Southwest after the election
fool of the highest order dats wot u are .Why are u n ur oba scared of losing Lagos to ur own son ,or is it because the igbos are in support of him .thought u said yorubas are 80% in lag.i guess the presidential elections,despite the fact it was rigged gave u guies a hell of a scare .u n ur oba can go hug à transformer for all we care.We wud come out in mass n show u guies we are the majority in Lagos come saturday.unless the election is rigged tinubu,oba n ambode wud lose to the igbos n jimi agbaje. N If this makes u feel any better ,4 igbos wud be represnting lagos in the house of representatives .

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by softwareman(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
dridowu:
no matter d propaganda , APC will rule Lagos
state in the next dispensation.
Just Kidding is not for Lagos
Just Kidding is a tax evader
And a bastard Yoruba child to boot. Jk for stooping this low will never be governor in Lagos insha Allah!. It shows that this idiot desperado will sell his people for a mess of porridge.
And if thinks the IGBOS loves him, then he is even more foolish than I think. Any time this people feign admiration for any Yoruba man , it is because they want to use that Yoruba man to UNDERMINE HIS OWN PEOPLE.

THE SAME DEEP SEATED HAYRED THEY HAVE FOR EVERY HAUSA AND YORUBA MAN WILL VISITED TO HIM. AN ALLIANCE BETWEEN YORUBAS AND IGBOS HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER WORK!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by badlaw(f): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Story for d gods....next page joor, follow ur mind, no man is God

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau Before Boko Haram As Rare Video Of Him Lecturing Emerges / Elisha Abbo Marries Stacey Power As Third Wife (Pictures) / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.