Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets (55212 Views)

Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. / Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by crackhouse(m): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2015
That man should be taken to ICC for judgement or betterstill taken to ISIS For proper and nice beheading.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by jooey11: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2015
luvinhubby:
This was how Adolf Hitler incited the Germans against the Jews that led to the holocaust during WW2.
Irrespective of party, tribe or religion, such an uncouth outburst of hatred spiced with politically jaundiced perception is to be condemned & resisted by all.

If Jimi wins & Igbos do not drown, that will make the oba a b.astard as he said, he will have to abdicate throne as no b.astard ascends any ancestral stool globally.

WORD![color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by tomakint: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2015
illiad:
Akiolu can suck my DICK!
No he is not GAYbriel so he won't suck it, he is just an Oba that lacks dignity........JK welcome on board as the next Governor of Lagos State!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by DaBullIT(m): 7:04am On Apr 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Sir, There's nothing here to defend o, What the Oba said is wrong, simple!....This was how Hitler started; through hate speeches such as this...

You are also aware that inciting people is achieved through historical references, PLANTING IDEAS INTO PEOPLE'S MINDS Most people wouldn't react to the speech ,Nigerians are too smart to take note of that , lot of people didn't even think about it , but when you keep mentioning hitler and jews , telling people that it's a hate speech, then you are fanning a wild fire

And for the record, i am not defending the king, i edited my post when i saw how dumb and stewpyd his speech was and i still maintain the fact that the Oba does not represent any federal,state or LG authority
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by zendy: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Yoruba people can be funny sometimes. If an Igbo man like me says I want Biafra, the Yoruba man will be the first to come out up in arms that we must remain 'one Nigeria'. Then when we Igbos say "since we are one Nigera,Lagos is my land", the Yoruba man will say " you no know where your land dey for East?". They want one Nigeria but don't want to accept what it means. Wahala dey this Nigeria we are in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by favour101(m): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Who crowned that fool Oba. The man is a disgrace to Royalty and he will drowned in that his lagoon
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by kalybaly: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2015
He really has made a derogatory statements but I think the igbos should ignore this. It only shows the insecurity and uncertainty they having about getting Ambode as the governor. However don't let this deter you from making the right choice. It's not the first time we are seeing top men going out of the line. Lagos has always been a free and lively state for everyone so why should anyone feel threatened about that kinda statement. We have almost all tribes living on the same rules. So as much as annoying this is.. Igbo people should let go. If I were you though I will keep calm and quiet and go out on that day to cast my VOTE for whom I feel will be the right person.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Prospero01(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2015
14DUI:

For your information, your forefather was ship via calabar cos geographically, it's the closest port to Igbo land and stop claiming Lagos belongs to all. That being said, you can't come from another land to install by cruck a PDP stooge in the person of Jimi just kidding on the people of Lagos state and when I said Lagos, I mean the Yoruba people, you can't repeat what your brethren did in eastern states and southern states in Lagos.
We all know you're not happy about APC winning the presidential election and you all have a plan to impose Agbaje on us, we won't alow it.
You can all come out to vote your PDP but you all will watch how APC wins.
Now I see how historically myopic U re about the slave trade. When U say we Yoruba people I laugh. So the Yoruba of Ogun,Oyo,Ondo,Osun extraction re now Lagosians? If everybody thinks the way U think, a certain ROTIMI(mind the name) wouldn't be governor. Even Rochas Okorocha has a dual parentage-half Igbo and half Hausa. Do U think we are in the Middle ages wia we practise a Feudal System of govt? Funny enough I have so many friends, Yoruba's who said they re voting JK to stop the over exploitation of Lagos by Tinubu and his cronies. Vote ur choice but don't threaten a tribe or coerce them into voting Ambode.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by SeverusSnape(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
DaBullIT:

You are also aware that inciting people is achieved through historical references, PLANTING IDEAS INTO PEOPLE'S MINDS Most people wouldn't react to the speech ,Nigerians are too smart to take note of that , lot of people didn't even think about it , but when you keep mentioning hitler and jews , telling people that it's a hate speech, then you are fanning a wild fire

And for the record, i am not defending the king, i edited my post when i saw how dumb and stewpyd his speech was and i still maintain the fact that the Oba does not represent any federal,state or LG authority
He doesn't "represent any federal, state or LG authority", but he represents Lagos as a whole, this man is a first class monarch for crying out loud, and any thing he utters will be taken seriously, Didn't you hear him boasting that he owns Lagos?... My brother, that man represents a lot, A whole lot.
He really messed up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by easytech1(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Defcon1:

l was not criticizing anyone
l was only trying to correct the wrong impression in his comment
Have you been or lived in the east?
lf not, l'd simply assume that everything you just said about the east in your comment is based on hearsay as well

not hearsay, abi tell me, any Yoruba holdings any office in east? the answer is no.
but why are you guys over doing in another man's land!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Allwility: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2015
I cannot swim. Will I also be drowned if I vote for KOWA party in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by funshow247(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmmmn! Don't forget o, something prompted the oba to say those words. Some igbo men just wanna vote for pdp out of anger due to the presidential loss, that's part of the reason alaba market was closed for a whole day...we need not sabotage the interest of yorubas in their land... Just vote for ya choice don't gang up for no reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by designexploit(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2015
I pray things don't get out of hand because of this statement. before now I had wished that since APC is holding federal PDP should have the state so it can equal, if not I'm already smelling trouble when there is non yet.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by mrintelligent(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2015
Ambode till GEJ wins reelection
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by meshinoye(m): 7:57am On Apr 07, 2015
If this is true, then the Oba is not a sensitive person. He must be planning the down fall of APC as he his a PDP affiliate.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by bamite(m): 8:02am On Apr 07, 2015
illiad:
Akiolu can suck my DICK!
Gayness in exibition
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2015
His statement is doing Ambode a disservice. There's a way he could have campaigned for his paymasters without resorting to death threats
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Defcon1(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2015
easytech1:

not hearsay, abi tell me, any Yoruba holdings any office in east? the answer is no.
but why are you guys over doing in another man's land!!
First, tell me exactly what the lgbos are "over doing" in Lagos.
Yes, no Yoruba holds any political office in the east that l know of.
The reason being that the Yoruba population in any eastern state is so small that they are virtually non-existent- making it hard for them to have any political representation /recognition over there
That is the same reason why lgbos have no political representation in other Yoruba states except Lagos
ln Lagos the lgbos are more than 30% of the population, and that means hundreds of thousands of them
They also wield a very big influence in the economy of lagos.
They have strength in numbers plus a big influence, hence the need for a political representation/recognition in the state.
Why do you think that only the 3 biggest tribes have been running Nigeria since independence?
It's simply the same reason - numbers and influence!
However, l must say that the success and influence of lgbos in Lagos is also aided by the hospitality of the Yoruba, this credit must not be denied - it's hard to prosper in a hostile environment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by PrettyGaby(f): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2015
ChangeisHere:

I agree with u a bit. Not just limited to Yoruba land. All Obis in Igbo land endorsed Jonathan, why?

might have a little to do with the fulanis and the hausas having an affinity for beheading igbos at every turn. eitherway, the average igbo man votes who he wants.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Rexyl(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Such inciting statement is not expected of a monarch. He is not expected to play divisive roles in his domain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by easytech1(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2015
Defcon1:

First, tell me exactly what the lgbos are "over doing" in Lagos.
Yes, no Yoruba holds any political office in the east that l know of.
The reason being that the Yoruba population in any eastern state is so small that they are virtually non-existent- making it hard for them to have any political representation /recognition over there
That is the same reason why lgbos have no political representation in other Yoruba states except Lagos
ln Lagos the lgbos are more than 30% of the population, and that means hundreds of thousands of them
They also wield a very big influence in the economy of lagos.
They have strength in numbers plus a big influence, hence the need for a political representation/recognition in the state.
Why do you think that only the 3 biggest tribes have been running Nigeria since independence?
It's simply the same reason - numbers and influence!
However, l must say that the success and influence of lgbos in Lagos is also aided by the hospitality of the Yoruba, this credit must not be denied - it's hard to prosper in a hostile environment.

please tell your pple cause they are denying that!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by mafioso47(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Osc:
I think Lagos needs change as well so that traitor would suffer in Agbaje's hand.
APC ! CHANGE!! They have stopped shouting Change lol. We need CHANGE in ALL STATES of THE FEDERATION

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by matrixme(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
Some people really do talk like they own
Nigeria. Well, Mr Oba of Lagos, I wish you knew
what became of the late amala godfather in
Ibadan before you made your incendiary
statement towards the igbos. We'll see how
your 'opa ase' will defeat the card reader on
Saturday, asshole!
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by cecegorz(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Folish man since you told us we are going to die inside lagoon if we vote for JK we have decided to vote J.K for we are proud and arrogant and also detest threats in order to see how the sky is when it falls and now how it feels to die inside lagoon and how many of us it can swallow. We shall vote JK out of curiorsity

Oke nwa! Okwu gi kwu oto ka utu dike!

It is so despicable of an Oba, who is supposed to be moderate in his dealings to be brazenly championing hate speech in this modern times, he needs to take a trip to the holocaust museum to understand how, by this kind of brainless statements, Adolf Hitler led the Nazis party to commit an odious genocide on the Jewish tribe.

When people call APC the supporter of APC party and a gathering of murderous extremists, it is not for want of evidence, as this is coming from the very leadership, actually a supposed royal throne of the party.

The worthless Oba, his benefactor Tinubu, his godson Ambode, and the rest of their leadership needs to come out and apologise to the 21st century world, not just the Igbos on this despicable utterances, otherwise they will never wean themselves of this burden in this lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by richiepolymer(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Its a pity an oba can make this kind of statement. Is the oba a god? I thought trad rulers were supposed to speak less and not indulge in partisan politics? And the last time I checked, both JK and ambode are not igbo so why is the oba imposing? Who even told the oba that all lagosians want ambode? Make we nor dey cause unnecessary trouble oh. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Lanceslot(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Ekiseme:
Mad Oba,na his entire generation 'll drown in lagoon,what nonsense

most people don't even know that lagos has oba,he is kinda irrelevant like his threats

oba ko,barn ni
More like Oba ji. Nonsense, we will vote for JK and see what he will do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Django50: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Dear Lagosian,

Yoruba,s are very decent and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos.

We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU. But let ask ourselves one important question, WHY IS OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS?

My answers are:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war.

GOD BLESS YORUBA AND IGBO

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by bjdon: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2015
Nigerians you have showed your power at the ballot box, time to do it again. It does not matter if you are PDP or APC this kind of thing needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history. I implore all Lagos voters to vote Jim en mass on Saturday. Do not look at this as a vote for PDP, rather look at as a vote against feudal mentality. A message needs to be sent to the so called ruling class in this country, weather they be Oba, Emir, Bishop or Imam that true POWER rests with the PEOPLE not with them. Vote Jim, if he messes up in 4 years, vote the next man or woman. Say no to backward feudalistic nonsense. Oba my backside!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by lomprico(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2015
dayo23:
I still doubt if he makes those comment, it a twisted interpretation.

Anyway, Ambode must be Governor of Lagos!
Watch d video na!!!!!! And kill ur doubt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by lomprico(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Easy with the heaping of curses o

The man don reach to grandfather most of us.
No reasonable grand father will spew the sh¡t he just did.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Diligence: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Change is coming to Lagos, and Jimi Agbaje is a humble Agent of Change! Let's all (irrespective of tribe, creed, age, gender, beliefs, etc) vote him en masse!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Alhaji Muhammad Hurd Is Dead (katsina Police Commissioner ) / Shaibu Moves Out Of Edo Government House On Obaseki’s Order / Atiku Woos Godwin Obaseki To Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.