Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,631 members, 7,901,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (52492 Views)

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan / Breaking News: Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Mobilize For Agbaje. / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Doubleoo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
If this was posted by Dbanj, a lot of bastards would start abusing him for sharing his opinion. I wonder how much they paid him to ridicule his tribe. Psychologically, Don jazzy was hiding something and trying to act as if he has the analytical brain to divulge such speech. Obviously, he got paid for the post. "Just saying, I just asked, my opinion, and so on" means that he was initiated to bring it up.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Tomiishola: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
The thing won't surprise me o, politics . I don't trust PDP at all, too many dirty tricks

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by lilmagambo(f): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don jazzy jus want 2 c au dull we r by using dis words after all d ob said it in front of ppl
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
I think you are bereft of ideas, I would have like you to dispute my claims play your kind of politics? That is insanity cos we are not same people, we are different, go back to where? Were you in lagos when Igbos shut their businesses to honor DIM EMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU (DIMKPA ASAA) how was it like? Do I say that the lord of the manor was shorth sighted when he was fighting for one nigeria? You guys fought for one nigeria even when we wanted out, I want you to tell your bros to stop selling their land, as much as they continue selling it, you shall continue ranting.

The Northern treatment awaits you and your kind!
Now I see your tribe has gone insane with greed, I can assure you we will cut down your excesses till the last one of you is anhilated.
I rest my case.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by janvier27(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is unlikely that a Yoruba oba will talk so strongly and publicly like that if he does not mean what he is saying. He meant it. He was just careless and carried away by his status and the euphoria of Apc win.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by malachytochukwu(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let me quickly single you out as a non lagosian otherwise you would have known better. Do anything funny in Lag n some Yorubas won't hesitate to call you "omo Igbo!" with such hate in their voice that you wonder what on earth you did wrong. [qquote author=soe post=32455501]Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.[/quote]
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Fanirandele: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
No wonder, it didn't make any sense for the Oba to be speaking openly like that. I agree with Don Jazzy
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Donjazzy u dey mad .. Vote jk
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by missy01(f): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
my Igbo pple pls don't allow wat happened in d presidential election happened Dis tym. dat is why we lost d post of d Senate president pls be wise wat if Dis was a planed work ,, don't let us fall into d hands of deceiver Lagos will Neva fall into d hands of PDP pls be wise

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by InvertedHammer: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
I have read this Oba/Igbo squabbles and I feel so irritated that the revered royal stool is being denigrated. What Kabiyesi Akiolu said was inappriopriate and uncalled for but we shouldn't allow that to be a platform to insult the Oba. If not for his age but for the seat he occupies. No catholic will be happy to see the Pope insulted neither will a Bini son smile when Oba of Benin is abused. We should try to refrain ourselves from causing more damage. Open confrontation is not the best way to douse the situation.

Vote Mr Jimi Agbaje(Lagos)
Vote Nyesome Wike(Rivers)
Vote Captain Iheanacho(Imo/APGA)
/

Cry me a river!

Mr. Akiolu insulted himself.

And as a fool that brought home ants-infested firewood, we the lizards have decided to feast on his idiocy.

Please you guys should stop referring to him as an oba. He is just a low-life nonentity.

\

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by YemiAde3(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nobody politician can say what the PBA just said only the son of the soil. This has been a talking point for a long time in Lagos and someone must put an end to it. I read this post by a wonderful man from the east and I wonder if we can all think about it.

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by chuose: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
YemiAde3:
Nobody politician can say what the PBA just said only the son of the soil. This has been a talking point for a long time in Lagos and someone must put an end to it. I read this post by a wonderful man from the east and I wonder if we can all think about it.

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

[size=18pt]SLOW POKE JIMI NA IGBO MAN?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by mikeczay: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

Cry me a river!

Mr. Akiolu insulted himself.

And as a fool that brought home ants-infested firewood, we the lizards have decided to feast on his idiocy.

Please you guys should stop referring to him as an oba. He is just a low-life nonentity.

\
Yeah. obis in your state are castrated nicompoops too.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by puhleeze(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
arsetalks:
we know them and once it backfires as it always does, they then turn back and play victim when they themselves are their own enemies.

Let them continue in their victim mentality. We will see how far that will go.

Yeah, all you've said is really just arsetalk
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
YemiAde3:

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

Baseless allegations. Abeg where is the proof ?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by femeritus: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
femeritus:
This is all political gimmick meant to serve as a red herring. The first time I saw the comment I knew the covert intentions behind it. Anyone who cares to listen to it or read it with an unbiased mind will see the real intentions behind it.

The whole statement sounded so childish and ludicrous that even a five-year old would not utter such in public in this century. Among other things, it was meant to irk the Igbo people and as a ripple effect goad them to voting massively for Agbaje out of annoyance. It was also meant to portray APC in bad light and give the party some negative publicity.

If you have read about how the Israeli Prime Minister won the recent election, then you would be able to connect the dots. Netanyahu's strategists appealed to pity and emotions of the people and that won them the election. They made the electorate believe they were losing. According, to them, the more the electorate were made to believe the PM was losing, the more their sympathy would grow and this would translate into massive voting. That was how the election was won and lost.

It is the same with the Oba's statement. Please don't be deceived people.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Start it man, ever ready for you
jaysniggs:

The Northern treatment awaits you and your kind!
Now I see your tribe has gone insane with greed, I can assure you we will cut down your excesses till the last one of you is anhilated.
I rest my case.
tongue
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by lekside11: 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have no doubt that Oba Akiolu is working for Ambode indirectly. Most people living in Lagos Island are PDP supporters. Please check out the number of votes GEJ got on the Lagos island in the last election. They believe that Tinubu and Ambode are not indigene of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by knowledgeable: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
aderonila18:
It seems many Igbos have seen through whatever it was. These are pictures of Ambode with Igbo traders and leaders today

Why are Igbos cleaner in appearance than yorubas in pics all the time ?.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by bettercreature(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oh YE lagos 4 million eligible voters
Go out there to vote Ambode our big boss
as we all know 99 percent of APC member are saint
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Reference(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

So indeed the Oba must be working for Agbaje since according to you the PDP are agents of tribalism while the APC are more cosmopolitan abi. Like your Oba, you should try and be as objective as possible. For him to even be partisan is a serious denigration of his stool that possibly can never be repaired.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by talk2xp: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
I agree completely that what the Oba said is totally d.umb but if the Igbo's have genuine pride they should look beyond politics and face it as an insult to the Igbo people and not use it to threaten any political party or candidate. What if this not an election year, how will they react?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Oceemo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
[b][/b] this story is getting me so irritated.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by talk2xp: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:

One Lagos? Please... There is segregation in Lagos, there has always been. Where have you been?

Please, nobody should quote me about being unfair, I made this to drive a point, that Jk isn't the cause of segregation in Lagos as opposed to what the post I quoted suggested.

So? Hate it or love it we have always been divided on tribal sentiment so why cry foul when one tribe exhibit that which we all have
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by JurassicPark: 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
aanumama:
Maybe, maybe not!
Those men pictured with ambode are not smiling o.

Lol grin
They aren't smiling because they feel like they are already in the LagOOn

Let them 4give him
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaso1(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don jazzy is the only Lagos Igbo with sense, Others no get all!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by MDEWOLE: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by derecho(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
victorels:
I said this earlier.

The Oba said Jimi is his relative.
What he meant is that Jimi is also Yoruba and that he had told him to wait that Ambode is his choice NOW.Which Kain relative go wan kill him brother friends?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Cityguy: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
The simple truth is that all these propositions and theories of the Oba indirectly working for PDP are just meant to 'gently' control the damage done by the 'threat' earlier employed which apparently backfired. Donjazzy is just a guy for the job to reach out to his likes and fans, something that has worked many times. It's called prestige suggestion. The Oba was not drunk when he said it. He only mentioned JK to let people know that he should have a greater reason to prefer him by virtue of their being families but would rather Ambo is voted in. However, something good has come out of this- there's realisation that people cannot be cajoled any longer and everyone is important.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by NetworkProblem: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
don jazzy?... what if you and dbanj are deceiving us whearas you guyz are very close pals?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by freshdude99(m): 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
Nowhere did I justify his comment but we should not allow that to lead to unnecessary troubles.
Wateva trouble that comes up my dear, its a necessary trouble bcz they asked for it. For God sake why should only one party always be the understanding one just to avoid trouble... Nna make dat trouble come sef lets knw hw fa at the end
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by kayowalemi(m): 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
So it was JK that forced fashola to deport igbos to anambra? It was JK that drove the ndigbo to Akiolu palace? i guess you inherited your MUMU gene from your great grandfathers? Abi?

soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo: GEJ, Yar’adua Didn’t Build A Single Road. The Cable. / How My Father Was Murdered - Obumneme, Chike Akunyili’s Son / President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.