Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,911 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:56 AM

What Do You Think about online dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think about online dating? (909 Views)

My Online Dating Experience. / A Fact About Online Dating... / What Do You Think About Online Flirting, Is It Permitted When You In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think about online dating? by shortman(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
what do u think about online dating? the thing is my friends say its for people who their shelf life is over and people with low self esteem.i'm a quiet person who has been single for almost 2years and in dire need for someone or something to happen.i've never tried it before and my friends will definitely laugh.but i want to explore all possible options.by the way i dont get out so this might be my major option.Holla back anyone
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by OBVIOUS(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2009

It depends on luck. You might find someone, you might not.
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by patwhizkid(f): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2009
Well, online dating is somewhat ok.

lol,
but you didn't drop your contact details and your pictures, why?
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by steve49ja(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
You need to explain more what you mean by 'you dont get out' you're not in prison or on the sea are you?
Well online dating could be fun depends on who you get to meet but seriously i'll say you mingle with peeps around you, where you work/school and stuff.

It takes a lot of commitment to get something going on 'online' and its not the best of options ill advice you forget about it cos you stand less chance of meeting who you desire and most females now believe in what they see and dont have time to imagine and stuff but its best you meet someone face to face then chat up via yim or something than register in dating sites and hope to meet THE ONE.

Dude things changed if you cant chat up a babe physically then write a note and slip it close to her drink/file or phone.Works for almost all women when done properly and wisely.
Youre not the first to feel this way just be manly bout it, she's oneplace somewhere waiting for you to approach verbally or in writing.
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by shortman(m): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2009
thank you my nairalanders for your time, anyways about me not getting out too much its because i am very tired most of the time just started working and still trying to adapt to whole 9-5 thing its not easy my people, i always try to get enough sleep with the little time i have got, thanks for your time
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by MrCrackles(m): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2009
Online dating is not for me! undecided
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by Sissy3(f): 2:13am On Jan 27, 2009
some people online are perverts shocked

i still like the old fashion dating style wink

face to face contact wink
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by oludimuni: 4:22am On Jan 27, 2009
I want you to know that, in this part of the world, we are prone to taken things for face value. It is even better here, cos you can read the persons tot first before you get carried away by the look.
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by Sissy3(f): 4:35am On Jan 27, 2009
oludimuni:

I want you to know that, in this part of the world, we are prone to taken things for face value. It is even better here, cos you can read the persons tot first before you get carried away by the look.

it is also better to see them face to face, so one dnt get fooled by keyboard typing illusion.

they could say all the good things to u online cox they cant see u, u dnt know their body languages, no emotions just typing. nothing replaces face to face communication cox no matter how a person pretends one can always tell their intentions with their body languages/emotions unlike when meeting online. and it is even a good thing cox u get to see how they look physically so if u dnt like their big ears/eyes or wotever u can end it, unlike online
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by toluwalomo(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2009
Nothing wrong with using the Internet as a platform for meeting someone new.

I suggest you use it for contact, you will still need to meet the person in the flesh before a relationship can be considered.

Met someone a few years back online, when we eventually hooked up it was bliss.

A cold day in hell, if we would have actually met. Cuz we are 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Leverage on the internet as a platform to meet more people. But you still need to hook up to concretize your "virtual chemistry".
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by Aladunni(f): 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2009
u can try it.

one is till sulking in my office now because she thot she found mrdogood some 8 months back now, up till now we never see the color of the guy
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by sussu: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2009
it's just 4 d fun of it,
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by kemisuga(f): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
It doesnt work for me sad sad
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by Aladunni(f): 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2009
sussu:

it's just 4 d fun of it,

not for the emotional ones, dont you see some funny outbursts on the site?

kemisuga:

It doesnt work for me sad sad

me neither
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by Gabry(f): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
shortman:

what do u think about online dating? the thing is my friends say its for people who their shelf life is over and people with low self esteem.i'm a quiet person who has been single for almost 2years and in dire need for someone or something to happen.i've never tried it before and my friends will definitely laugh.but i want to explore all possible options.by the way i dont get out so this might be my major option.Holla back anyone

2 years eh? Thats nothin cool
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by ammamat(f): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2009
yeah is all about fun, but i actually met someone online and the guy do send me some cash then, and been promising to come to nigeria to see me
but just one day he call me and tell me that his not gonna come agin, we late had problem which he told me that i can look for another man over here that his not sure of when he'll be coming again.

Its just the fun girl.
Re: What Do You Think about online dating? by MrDoGood(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Aladunni:
u can try it.

one is till sulking in my office now because she thot she found mrdogood some 8 months back now, up till now we never see the color of the guy

I be no offend you na. you mentioned my name grin

(1) (Reply)

Fall In Luv Wif Sum1 Who Raped U? / Two Eligible Bachelor / Why Do Some Guys Give Up Easily 4 Stubborn Gals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.