Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,806 members, 7,902,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State (81140 Views)

See What Some Hunters Caught / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys / Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by ANON333: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed

That you think the world started today explains why you'd think Whites care about animal rights than Blacks. Same Whites that kill animals for fun and trophies, kidnap animals from their habitats and store them in private zoos for exhibition.
It is sad if these animals should go extinct but nothing lasts forever, even man!
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Sleekfingers: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2022
sod09:
Does wild pig still exist shocked

Yes......E plenty for osun and oyo state.....
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by AreaFada2: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

Nigeria will not run out of oil and gas. Also, Nigerians are at the bottom of the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs, and whites are not an influential part of policymaking unlike Gabon, Kenya or Southern Africa.
Ok, let's assume that we will keep discovering more oil and gas in commercial quantities such as in Gombe and we never run out of it. Great!

But remember that our oil and gas are only as useful as we have international market for it. Are you sure that will be the case in 50 years?

If Western interests are better served by alternative energy sources provided by Western companies, they will ditch our oil and gas. Western companies still dominate international oil and gas business and make huge profits. That's why they still use oil and gas and reliable alternatives are not there yet.

I can assure you that if right now Musk and other manufacturers make electric cars affordable today, in 10 years, 9ja that like to follow trend, Toks electric cars will flood 9ja and our people will dump petrol cars. Anybody who doesn't use electric will be a villager. Girls won't date a guy without electric car. I heard that Blackberry madness was once like that in 9ja. cheesy grin

You might say India and China will will account for most international trade by then but they are not sitting on their hands either. Both will also develop their own technologies over the next 30 years. Anything to reduce strategic reliance on foreign energy sources. We can't afford to look into the future from simplistic and narrow angles.

With Nigerian population growing at the current rate, more forests/nature will be destroyed for farming and human habitation. It will speedily reduce natural sanctuaries for wildlife. We can't afford to lose both ways.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Lukuluku69(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed

I understand your concern. I really do. Hunting Games don't make them go extinct. I don't believe so and my experience tells me so. Hunting for Food don't make Animals go extinct. Every Nation of the World hunts.

What will make them extinct is the Large scale devastation of their habitat. Humans are taking over the exclusive zones of these animals and that is a dangerous trend.

The European hunts in a far larger scale than we do, though they have some ground rules for hunting.( No hunting period and some other rules)

We Africans basically hunt for food.

We majorly don't hunt for Trophies.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Handsum64: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

Western wanna be Illiterate
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:

Ok, let's assume that we will keep discovering more oil and gas in commercial quantities such as in Gombe and we never run out of it. Great!

But remember that our oil and gas are only as useful as we have international market for it. Are you sure that will be the case in 50 years?

If Western interests are better served by alternative energy sources provided by Western companies, they will ditch our oil and gas. Western companies still dominate international oil and gas business and make huge profits. That's why they still use oil and gas and reliable alternatives are not there yet.

Oil is not going anywhere. Before the Russian-Ukraine crises, one read about the death of crude, but as events have shown, so-called renewables (surprisingly nuclear is always omitted) cannot power an industrialised society. People are not ready to forgo their prosperous lifestyle, which is powered by cheap energy, to rely on erratic sources such as solar and wind. If oil is going extinct, BASF wouldn't be complaining, nor would European policymakers be apprehensive that their chemical industries are being gutted out to the US because these companies need to survive amidst higher energy costs when competing against Asian and American rivals.

Oil is not going anywhere, not even in the next 50 years to come. As long as developed societies in the west cannot find a cheaper, reliable and so-called cleaner source of energy other than nuclear, Oil and Gas remains king. Even good 'ol coal has made a wonderful comeback. grin

I can assure you that if right now Musk and other manufacturers make electric cars affordable today, in 10 years, 9ja that like to follow trend, Toks electric cars will flood 9ja and our people will dump petrol cars. Anybody who doesn't use electric will be a villager. Girls won't date a guy without electric car. I heard that Blackberry madness was once like that in 9ja. cheesy grin

That would even drive the demand for energy higher. Electric cars need to be charged upon usage, and what are the major sources of electricity within society? Oil, coal and gas. The pollution within the transport sector might reduce, but the overall pollution will still be high because of the root source of powering a society.

You might say India and China will will account for most international trade by then but they are not sitting on their hands either. Both will also develop their own technologies over the next 30 years. Anything to reduce strategic reliance on foreign energy sources. We can't afford to look into the future from simplistic and narrow angles.

Those ones are not even ready to let go of cheaper energy sources. Only Africans believe in this renewable tirade yet have more poor countries within the continent. This belief that African societies can industrialise without cheap and reliable sources of energy, all of which the raw materials exist across the continent, is befuddling and amusing. The Chinese and Indians are more interested in pulling more people out of poverty using coal, but our people are interested in protecting the climate by not using the same coal. The climate they did not spoil o, but are stipulated to part-take in solving the problem. Not because they are rich but because they are told to part-take in its solutions.

With Nigerian population growing at the current rate, more forests/nature will be destroyed for farming and human habitation. It will speedily reduce natural sanctuaries for wildlife. We can't afford to lose both ways.

Without sounding hackneyed, until Nigeria(ns) sit at the top of the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs, no one should dictate to them whether they should slash forests or limit bearing children simply because of climate change. The only way the average Nigerian can be interested in nature conservation is when the person don chop belly full, and not when he is in multi-dimensional poverty.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by etrange: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2022
You've never killed this kind of pig before, but somehow, you know all its capabilities. That statement was just made to shut down anyone thinking of criticizing them for killing a rare non invasive animal.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by pat077: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
Cutehector:
what kind of mentality is this.
the African mentality!
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by LOVEGINO(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

swear say u no dey eat meat.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Kaytixy: 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

preserve them for what exactly?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Ogunleti01: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
ALAYORMII:
“We have been killing wild animals, we have never killed this kind of pig before. It has the capability of killing even a human being if it first sights him or her” the hunters reported.

Report got to us that this wild pig was not the game aimed but eventually it happens to be the biggest catch of today.

Credit: Afrobadoo
Elede egan eranko buruku abi oko lenu. afai fun ni lomo gbadobale eni.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by qtguru(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

Black man only thinks about consuming, hunger bad.

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by TheSourcerer: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

Another lie.

Scurvy and diseases relating malnutrition were commonplace.

Stop looking for excuses up and down.

Conservationism is philosophy all of us should embrace.

Hunting should be moderated and licensed.

Hunting season for different species should be known and a calendar should be published for those interested.

I'm sure you would argue against it.

Just watch.
hi random text to remind you to smile , I know the country could be rough sometimes but it’ll be all good buddy you’ll see , please smile more ,and hope you have a lovely day smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by BinamRex: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

We can earn a lot of foreign exchange from these wild animals if we protect them and encourage tourists to come see them, but no, we'd rather kill them and make pepper soup. We are the architects of our problems.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Nobodysboo(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Where person fit see that kind bar wey Dem dey sell bush meat for Kaduna?
HELP A BROTHER
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Thazard(m): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
[quote author=Pavore9 post=32506465]Nigerians and bushmeat! Conservation is not in our dictionary! l give it to Kenya as you dare not try this in that Country as such animals na government pikin. Even if you see them destroying your property you still have no right to touch them, all you have to do is inform the Kenyan Wildlife Service and they come assess the damages and pay you compensation.

lt is only the Kenyan Wildlife Service that that have the right to kill such animals subject to their discretion. Kenya annually makes billions of dollars from wildlife conservation as TV stations like Discovery Channel, National Geography pay millions of dollars to shoot their wildlife documentaries here not to talk of regular tourists who fly in for safaris. l know if the maasai mara was in Nigeria the hundreds of thousand of the wild animals there would have ended up in our pots as bushmeat! When they migrate it is a beauty to behold, people fly in from all over the world to view it .One really need to ex
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

I said go through my posts.

If you have not read through my posts stop bothering me.
Oga that's not how it works.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by MouthofdGods: 12:43am On Nov 27, 2022
Whites do a lot of hunting. Theirs is just regulated
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Ofachiedo: 10:14am On Nov 27, 2022
There are hunters in western world bro. The only differenceis that they have jurisdiction where they can go hunt fir animals and also they are licensed to hunt unlike Nigeria.
kodded:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Day Old Birds(pullets, Broilers, Cockrel And Turkeys) Are For Sale In Ibadan / Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) / Poultry Battery Cages For Sale In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.