Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,830 members, 7,918,666 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story (1453 Views)

July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis / A Mythbuster Version - The Coup Of Jan 15th 1966 / January 15 1966: The Day That Changed Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by kingslly(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
I wish we will all read and have a better understanding of what is happening in Nigeria. http://www.nigerialinks.com/Articles/Siollun.html
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
@OP, i take it that you haven't heard of the ICT terminology called "copy & paste".
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by kingslly(m): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
tried dat but was told the post is too long
Dharniel:
@OP, i take it that you haven't heard of the ICT terminology called "copy & paste".
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingslly:
tried dat but was told the post is too long

for it to be too long, that nairaland topic content input field cannot contain it, then that's a no-go-area for me...
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by voxpopp: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
Me I sha know without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for.

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them grin

They are very vital to us grin . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs grin

2 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by sammyj: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
... grin grin cool
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by Duru1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
One of the reasons for the precipitation of January 15, 1966 coup was that Federal government of Nigeria led by Tafawa Balewa NPC had allowed northerners such Muhammed Buhari who did not possess mere secondary school certificate to become officers in Nigerian armed forces. The echo of such nepotistic endeavor reverberated during the presidential campaigns when the same Mohammed Buhari forgot where he hid his WAEC certificate.

It is rather unfortunate that most Nigerians are dwelling on the crap such as Gowon was not a participant in the July 29, 1996 coup. The nonsensical crap of non-participation of Gowon in the countercoup was initiated by Yoruba, western regional government of Nigeria and other few dingbats from southern Nigeria in order to atttact favor from their masters from northern region of Nigeria especially Gowon.

3 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by kingslly(m): 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
please keep your ethnic bigotry to yourself if you dont have any enlightening info to cobtribute to this thread.
voxpopp:
Me I sha know without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for.

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them grin

They are very vital to us grin . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs grin
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by aariwa(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
kingslly:
I wish we will all read and have a better understanding of what is happening in Nigeria. http://www.nigerialinks.com/Articles/Siollun.html
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 :the Full Story by chriskosherbal(m): 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2017

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Burnt To Death In Imo State For Allegedly Stealing A Bike / Radio Biafra Claimed Responsible For Daily Discreet Killings Of Policemen In Aba / Photo: The Victims Of The Crashed Bristow Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.