Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,340 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:11 PM

Hausa As Petroleum Minister! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa As Petroleum Minister! (5655 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Tonim . . . you used the right words - bondage and hostage. That is the situation of the south today, sadly. undecided
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

That's the first time i'm agreeing with you in a long time.

Rotflmao!!  grin grin

Tonim:

@bold
Thank you very much. Unlike earthmama, You got my point.

Are you familiar with the phrase sunk cost ? It is a financial term used for projects that so much money, time and effort
has been expended on such that, one has a hard time admitting its failure (more money keeps pumped into the project
in perpetuity or until it eventually implodes)

This unfortunately is our plight today in southern Nigeria. So much has been sacrificed to make Nigeria work that we are having a
hard time accepting the fact that our bongage with the North just cannot work.

If the leaders of all southern tribes come to a consensus and tell the North that they want to go their separate way, What are they
going to do ? What exactly are they going to do ?

As long as Southern Nigeria remains disunited, we are always going to be held hostage by the North. I can't emphasize this
enough.

Brilliantly Stated.

Look, I would be lying if I said the North does not have its issue. . . they do. What I absolutely detest is the BLAME THE NORTHERNERS FOR EVERYTHING card some people here play.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

@ Tonim . . . you used the right words - bondage and hostage. That is the situation of the south today, sadly. undecided

And they helped tremendously with putting the Shackles on their own legs, right?

Just sayin'. cheesy
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

Banks. I was refering to Soludo's bank restructuring.

That's very interesting. I suggest you that a walk through any of the major cites in the North, kano, kaduna( ie if you are BOLD enough), you'll be in for pleasant surprise  wink

Tonim:

@bold
Thank you very much. Unlike earthmama, You got my point.

Are you familiar with the phrase sunk cost ? It is a financial term used for projects that so much money, time and effort
has been expended on such that, one has a hard time admitting its failure (more money keeps pumped into the project
in perpetuity or until it eventually implodes)

This unfortunately is our plight today in southern Nigeria. So much has been sacrificed to make Nigeria work that we are having a
hard time accepting the fact that our [b]bondage [/b]with the North just cannot work.

You hold the key to your destiny as long as you do not remain blind and chose to place them in others' hands.

I repeat, as long as Southern Nigeria remains disunited, we are always going to be held [b]hostage [/b]by the North. I can't emphasize this
enough.

Na wa o! the terms you people use: hostage','bondage'. by who?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

That's very interesting. I suggest you that a walk through any of the major cites in the North, kano, kaduna( ie if you are BOLD enough), you'll be in for pleasant surprise  wink

By themselves Mai Gida na. . . by themselves.

They can't even deny that.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Ibime(m): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2009
Barkinde is a barefaced liar. The only uni's that offer PostGrads in Petroleum studies in UK are Imperial College and Robert Gordon uni. How can such a charlatan be made Petroleum minister? We are fed up with these Northerners controlling our oil. If Yar'Adua is serious about quelling dissent in Niger-Delta, he better stop foistering Northern Ministers upon us.

No wahala, he will get an adequate response.

Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Tonim(f): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2009
Ibime:

Barkinde is a barefaced liar. The only uni's that offer PostGrads in Petroleum studies in UK are Imperial College and Robert Gordon uni. How can such a charlatan be made Petroleum minister? We are fed up of these Northerners controlling our oil. If Yar'Adua is serious about quelling dissent in Niger-Delta, he better stop foistering Northern Ministers upon us.

lmao

Correction:
Barkindo actually heads NNPC. Rilwan Lukeman heads the petroleum ministry

Mai Suya:

What are you talking about ?

When southerners are killed by northern folks over some silly cartoon in europe, isn't that hostility ?

Not letting igbos form their own country and deny them the full benefits of their resources (e.g. oil) isn't that hostility ?

The amalgamation of the north and south in 1914 has held us in bondage hasn't it ?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2009
Tonim:

lmao

Correction:
Barkindo actually heads NNPC. Rilwan Lukeman heads the petroleum ministry

Whatever the case, he is still a charlatan. Who dash him NNPC with that fake degree?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

And they helped tremendously with putting the Shackles on their own legs, right?

Just sayin'.  cheesy
No, the North was responsible for that as well. A bunch of uneducated, gworo-chewing almajiris ordered the South, their professors and all,  to shackle themselves and hand over the key.

Truly remarkable.

Just imagine what would happen if they were as 'educated' as the South.  tongue
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
Ibime:

Barkinde is a barefaced liar. The only uni's that offer PostGrads in Petroleum studies in UK are Imperial College and Robert Gordon uni. How can such a charlatan be made Petroleum minister? We are fed up with these Northerners controlling our oil. If Yar'Adua is serious about quelling dissent in Niger-Delta, he better stop foistering Northern Ministers upon us.

BUAHAHA! So the Norhtern minister is now responsible for the Niger-Delta crisis, one that predated his appointment by more than five years? Really, you people, in your blind penchant for ascribing your patently self inflicted failures to the North, do make some truly ridculous accusations.

Ibime:

O dear! An ominously familiar line. SHELL CHEVRON EXPATRIATES, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  grin
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

No, the North was responsible for that as well. A bunch of uneducated, gworo-chewing almajiris ordered the South, their professors and all,  to shackle themselves and hand over the key.

Truly remarkable.

Just imagine what would happen if they were as 'educated' as the South.  tongue

Hehehehehehehehehe. . . . I KNOW!!!

World Domination here we come!!!!!

Heavens Please us!!! cheesy cheesy

I'm Outty  kiss kiss
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

BUAHAHA! So the Norhtern minister is now responsible for the Niger-Delta crisis, one that predated his appointment by more than five years? Really, you people, in your blind penchant for ascribing your patently self inflicted failures to the North, do make some truly ridculous accusations.

My friend, go and make me some suya grin

We regard anything North of Oka as Northern. We don tire!
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

That's very interesting. I suggest you that a walk through any of the major cites in the North, kano, kaduna( ie if you are BOLD enough), you'll be in for pleasant surprise  wink

Mallam maisuya i believe you are intelligent. the presence of bank branches in the north means those who control the banks are interested in making money too. ALL the banks are controlled by southerners. What happened to the one bank of the north you had?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

The Niger Delta crisis did not start today . . . try looking towards Babangida and Abacha for the root cause of the problem. These people are fighting institutionalised injustice as represented by a fraudulent constitution that gives the lions share of resources to states by virtue of land mass with no regard for how much they contribute to the national purse.

Believe me Maisuya, if states were only allowed to spend how much they produce there'd be no one left in the north in 5 yrs.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Ibime(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2009
Babangida and Abacha ke. . . . we look further back to Obasanjo.

Mai-Suya thinks I am talking about the last 10 years alone.

If we see that Dan Etete who sold our oil-blocks to his masters, we will strangle him!
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by asha80(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2009
It will be very difficult for the south to unite against the north because of the following reasons

Most igbos are yet to forget the 20pounds policy after the war thereby heaping hate rightly or wrongly on the yorubas in general

The perceived turn around of the of awolowo before civil war

The niger delta fear of dominance by igbos in which they feel more secured with the north as examplified by south south leaders holding a meeting with the north on how there can be more cooperation btw them some time ago.

Constitutional conference of 1995 where the south west aligned with the north to vote against resource control.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 10:52pm On Jan 27, 2009
It will be very difficult for the south to unite against the north because of the following reasons

Most igbos are yet to forget the 20pounds policy after the war thereby heaping hate rightly or wrongly on the yorubas in general

The perceived turn around of the of awolowo before civil war

The niger delta fear of dominance by igbos in which they feel more secured with the north as examplified by south south leaders holding a meeting with the north on how there can be more cooperation btw them some time ago.

Constitutional conference of 1995 where the south west aligned with the north to vote against resource control.
Is it right to blame the sins of one person on the whole ethnic group?. No matter what we believe or want to believe, it may never make a difference unless we charge the North up to their dismal game. Enough is enough for these Northern ilk. What country on earth can do well under these dire circumstances?. If you allow a goro chewing, dagger slinging illiterate jihadist to rule you, you will end up with an abysmal economy and general state of affairs.

For the quarter north,quarter yoruba double faced facetious broad that rejoice with the Northern oligarchs, I congratulate you but don't come complaining when your motherland is declared a state of emergency in the near future.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Injustice in one place is a threat to justice everywhere-Martin Luther King jr.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
There is power in numbers and until Nigeria looks past its ethno-religious lines we will continue to remain as is
Continue to blame the North while they continue dominating Nigeria due to their united front

For a matter of fact it is not just Northern leaders who are corrupt, but all Nigerian leaders.
Stop insinuating that Nigeria would be any better if it had been ruled by the South for all these decades.
I will trust a Hausa man/Northerner more than any other group in Nigeria!
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

The Niger Delta crisis did not start today . . . try looking towards Babangida and Abacha for the root cause of the problem. These people are fighting institutionalised injustice as represented by a fraudulent constitution that gives the lions share of resources to states by virtue of land mass with no regard for how much they contribute to the national purse.

Look, I truly sympathize with the Niger-Delta cause. But you should understand the two former presidents you mentioned - I do not for one instance deny that they were corrupt - did not steal money to develop the North; it was for their own pockets. These are individuals and, need I add, they had southerners working with them.

Our point has been that you cannot blame the entire north for the actions of an infinitesimal corrupt few.

Ibime:

My friend, go and make me some suya  grin

We regard anything North of Oka as Northern. We don tire!

Bros you funny o  grin

Sisi Jinx:

I'm Outty  kiss kiss

To, sai anjima  kiss

kai! she don leave only me for here? Me sef I don take off. Sick of these tribal bulls*t sef
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by asha80(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
There is power in numbers and until Nigeria looks past its ethno-religious lines we will continue to remain as is
Continue to blame the [b]North while they continue dominating Nigeria due to their united front[/b]For a matter of fact it is not just Northern leaders who are corrupt, but all Nigerian leaders.
Stop insinuating that Nigeria would be any better if it had been ruled by the South for all these decades.
I will trust a Hausa man/Northerner more than any other group in Nigeria!

Yes and also inflict more acute poverty for their people.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Gayigaskia(m): 12:44am On Jan 28, 2009
@ earthmama

while u were running your mouth, the north has produced the richest black man on earth ur mama. the north has always ruled nigeria because they are wiser and they will continue doing so forever. Remember The Sultan Usman Dan Fodio was going to control the rest of the country to civilized you people when the oyinbo came.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by bawomolo(m): 1:29am On Jan 28, 2009
The north will continue with their ways as long as the south remains disunited. I have said this many times; we people from southern
Nigeria are not united and the north is exploiting this big time.

and who told you Northerners are united? they are just more entrenched in political administration thanks to the British.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by bawomolo(m): 1:34am On Jan 28, 2009
Gayigaskia:

@ earthmama

while u were running your mouth, the north has produced the richest black man on earth ur mama. the north has always ruled nigeria because they are wiser and they will  continue doing so forever. Remember The Sultan Usman Dan Fodio was going to control the rest of the country to civilized you people when the oyinbo came.

umm dumbass, the fulani's couldn't defeat borno nor could they get pass Ilorin.  Why are you Nigerians so separatist and Elitist even while boasting of foreign degrees ( usually fraudulent like that of our minister  cheesy). what's to be happy about the monopoly of Dangote making a mockery of the so-called liberalisation of Nigeria's economy?

doesn't his appointment have to be approved by the Senate? am just wondering.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by udezue(m): 1:44am On Jan 28, 2009
Southerners are nothing but a bunch of opportunistic creatures who will betray their own region for a few crumbs. The Biafra civil war and the continued inability to even forge a common front for more than 1 month before it disintegrates proves that we still have a long way to go.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by udezue(m): 1:55am On Jan 28, 2009
Niger Deltans are simply pathetic especially our Ijaw brothers. For some reason they'll still cowardly bow to the North thinking they are spiting Igbos and Yorubas who are actually fairing better and then the North will in turn rubbish them. Chineke!!!! I wonder what kind of Juju the North dey use get them like that? Until they can stand up to the North for 1 day without their knees buckling MEND will kidnap till the break of dawn and aint shit gon happen. The North will still reap where they did not sow. The middle belt got more balls sef .

But then again Yaradua is simply awarding his Hausa brother for what they fought hard for in Biafra to keep. What do expect them to do? Give it to an Easterner, an Ijaw, an Igbo, an Ibibio, etc? Come on lets be for real. Until we wrestle it out of their hand they won't let it go.

I am for united East or South no doubt.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Dede1(m): 5:58am On Jan 28, 2009
@Godman N

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Biafra would not have worked?
The Ojukwu’s special brigade that later metamorphosed into “S” Division was arguably the Biafran best fighting unit. The Division’s first GOC was Col Onwuatugwu and it was later commanded by Col V. Asoya. The Division was made up of 52, 60, 63 and 68 brigades.

Bros, please read up
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Dede1(m): 6:27am On Jan 28, 2009
udezue:

Niger Deltans are simply pathetic especially our Ijaw brothers. For some reason they'll still cowardly bow to the North thinking they are spiting Igbos and Yorubas who are actually fairing better and then the North will in turn rubbish them. Chineke!!!! I wonder what kind of Juju the North dey use get them like that? Until they can stand up to the North for 1 day without their knees buckling MEND will kidnap till the break of dawn and aint shit gon happen. The North will still reap where they did not sow. The middle belt got more balls sef .

But then again Yaradua is simply awarding his Hausa brother for what they fought hard for in Biafra to keep. What do expect them to do? Give it to an Easterner, an Ijaw, an Igbo, an Ibibio, etc? Come on lets be for real. Until we wrestle it out of their hand they won't let it go.

I am for united East or South no doubt.

Bros, I am still thinking what Ndigbo did wrong to the eastern minorities. I will never speak badly about the Ibibio, Ogoni, Kalabari and few Ijo from Bayelsa State.

In fact, Ndigbo allowed the minorities to occupy important office positions in the then government eastern Nigeria and the trend continued during war. This scenario was not obtained neither in northern region nor western region of Nigeria.

In the western region, Yoruba dominated and in the northern region the Fulani dominated. Even the old politicians I thought were Kanuri turned out to Fulani.

Yet some of the eastern minorities would not waste time to hop onto the bed with northern Nigerian elites
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by AloyEmeka9: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2009
Una no dey taya for this Biafra tory?. The future is what is at stake in Nigeria now and not the past. To those that think the power in Nigeria will remain in the north forever, let me borrow a leaf from Barrack Obama's speech which says:

"What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply. The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works — whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified. Where the answer is yes, we intend to move forward. Where the answer is no, programs will end. And those of us who manage the public's dollars will be held to account — to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day — because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and their government."
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Marymos: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2009
Is it only the Hausa's that have the technical,intellectual around competency to be the minister of petroleum in this country?May be the ruling party has zoned the ministerial post to the north.Until people who are qualify to occupy certain position are recognise in this country,there is no way we are going to move forward.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Jarus(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2009
The fierce tribal war that appeared to have been laid to rest on NL for some time now has been exhumed again.

For the quarter north,quarter yoruba double faced facetious broad that rejoice with the Northern oligarchs, I congratulate you but don't come complaining when your motherland is declared a state of emergency in the near future.
Funmi, who are you referring to here? Sounds like me or Sisijinx? Can you be more precise? Just curious pls
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
Jarus:

Funmi, who are you referring to here? Sounds like me or Sisijinx? Can you be more precise? Just curious pls
Hey. . . It's me oooh! Me! You berra get your own Funmi to shower you with sweet flowery words and leave mine alone. angry angry
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Jarus(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Hey. . . It's me oooh! Me! You berra get your own Funmi to shower you with sweet flowery words and leave mine alone. angry angry
Actually thought it was me, having been accused in the past of 'licking Fulani ass' even as a Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Igbos - It Is Time To Abandon Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari's Response To Dele Momodu: My Thoughts... / Close BBC Hausa Before Closing Radio Biafra- Naija Delta Youths Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.