Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east (4280 Views)

The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread / US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 13, 2015
adanny01:

In my state Kaduna, where the incumbent is an absolute non performing and coincidental governor managed to poll 400k votes even with the vice presidents support. In Akwa Ibom when all big wigs of the state including the former governor Attah ganged up against the PDP but to get less than 10%!

Right from the Presidential elections results i wanted to write something like this, but being a Northerner, the kind of insults i will take was beyond the time i would spend replying so i gave up. Thank God for you.
Welcome Sir. Insults are normal condiments on Nairaland. It can't affect one's life.
Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Sweetguy25: 6:52am On Apr 13, 2015
APC has no structure in the South South and South East. They only state where they have a structure, they won and that's Imo state.
I didn't see you complain that Rochas is winning.
Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Caseless: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2015
Plus10:
this is one of the major reasons I detest apc as a party always expecting to win all the time even in their opponents strongholds also forgetting that in politics sometimes you loss or win
i'm sure lagos is a pdp stronghold too and, that was why they got up to 600k votes in lagos. We're talking about the margin , you're talking about winning.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by wirinet(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2015
OneNaira6:

Nothing is up. Prior to this election, every river my group voiced how they wanted APC out of their state. Even Amaechi ' s Wike's people have condemned him multiple times on the media. You all I am just blinded yourselves due to him loud mouth my hatred for Buhari and my love for Jonathan . What you seeing is the despise ppl PDP have for Amaechi and APC. What made your APC politician walk while PDP is running is because of una behavior during the presidency election?

As for Always ibom and Enugu, you ppl are in a long thing if una think APC has a chance in both state. The numbers APC got in both state is actually high compared to amount of dislike people in those states have for APC. Abeg, una get over it. You lost in SS and SE, excluding Edo state. Get over it.

This is the Mind set of a myopic tribalist. Most people in Nigeria vote personalities rather than parties, that was why the vote for Jonathan and not PDP worked so we well in 2011. That is why Rochas Okorocha won Imo despite all the tribal slur and hatred towards him by tribal bigots. Nobody is saying PDP would not win SS and SE, but in a contest between two indigenous sons of the soil, it is impossible for one to win with 90% margin.

This election rigging practice of the SS and SE will continue to hunt them for a long time, See Abia's Theodore Orji, he was rigged into office from detention cell by Orji Kalu and its no wonder he is deemed the worst governor in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Caseless: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
APC has no structure in the South South and South East. They only state where they have a structure, they won and that's Imo state.
I didn't see you complain that Rochas is winning.
we're talking about ahumongous and an unrealistic gap, you are talking about winning. What's the margin between Rochas and ihedioha? Can u compare that to what apc candidates are getting across the SE?
Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Sweetguy25: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Caseless:
we're talking about ahumongous and an unrealistic gap, you are talking about winning. What's the margin between Rochas and ihedioha? Can u compare that to what apc candidates are getting across the SE?

That's what I'm talking about. The gap is only wide on states with no proper opposition structures. E.g. Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers State, Enugu and Ebonyi.
In states where there are proper opposition structures, the margins are very thin. E.g. Abia and Imo.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Bevista: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2015
all4gud:

So Imo state is no longer in SE? Please can you tell this story to the birds?
Rochas is an incumbent governor, so the dynamics are slightly different.
Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Caseless:

Which SE state are you talking about? Please be particular. Elections held in only 4 SE states. Abia and Imo really close contests (closer than in any state in the NW or SW).

Ebonyi: PDP about 290k votes, LP about 125k votes, APC about 27k votes. Any complaints here?

Enugu: PDP about 480k votes, APC about 48k votes. This election was the most predictable in the country. The main opposition party here (APGA) endorsed the candidate of the PDP. It was more of a coronation. I sincerely doubt the APC candidate got that many votes as there was virtually no campaign from the party seeing as everyone knew it was no contest really. Oh, and folks really dislike APC. You may not wish to believe it, but it's the simple truth.

By the way, what can you say about the result in Bornu?
APC about 610k votes, PDP less than 35k votes (26 of 27 LGs called). That is the highest winning percentage in the country.

No mind then jare Sweetguy25.
Re: Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east by OneNaira6: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
wirinet:

This is the Mind set of a myopic tribalist. Most people in Nigeria vote personalities rather than parties, that was why the vote for Jonathan and not PDP worked so we well in 2011. That is why Rochas Okorocha won Imo despite all the tribal slur and hatred towards him by tribal bigots. Nobody is saying PDP would not win SS and SE, but in a contest between two indigenous sons of the soil, it is impossible for one to win with 90% margin.

This election rigging practice of the SS and SE will continue to hunt them for a long time, See Abia's Theodore Orji, he was rigged into office from detention cell by Orji Kalu and its no wonder he is deemed the worst governor in Nigeria.

Most vote for personalities? Is that why you people have been Hong around screaming "APC"? Is that why you people are bringing thuggish and criminal behaviors in SS and SE, a well known peaceful regions during election unlike North and SW until you APC leeches came to drag with the people's choice. Whether una like it or not, APC is NOT wanted in SS and SE and the indigenous have voiced it completely.

What's going on in Imo state is Rochas rigging himself in and not actual voting hence one of you APC e leeches actually knew the results of the election prior to INEC announcing it. Also reason, it was deemed inconclusive.

We don't want una in SS and SE, why can't your political party just take the hint and get out instead of causing problems everywhere. Mtchewwwwww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Speech About - First 100 Days In Office / Nigeria Vs Biafra : New York Court, FG Runs Away / Abia Owes Health Workers 13 Months’ Salaries — NMA

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.