Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,380 members, 7,961,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (125188 Views)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by kemlion(f): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2009
really wana get to participate on this so this is my mail send me every details kemlion@yahoo.com.au
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by echelon(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2009
Umuibe,

I thought I'd share this extract with you, culled from an email from Uwandiigbo groups… A member of the group wrote and I quote:

"I received a copy of the newly published book by our very own JAK. The book is titled “Enyi Biafra: Regimental Drill, Duty Songs, and Cadences from Biafra” by Johnson Akuma Kalu Njoku. Supplementary to the book is a CD of all the songs in the book in Igbo by JAK.

The bold vibrant red color cover of the book with an inlay of a picture of the fully dressed soldiers in what appears to be a morning drill and instructional assembly told the story of the book as vividly as words could tell them.

This is not an ideological book pushing one position or the other about the war necessarily but a folklorist observation and rendition of what was and how the people, especially the recruits, privates and corporals in the army expressed their view of what was going on in their young nation through drills, songs, poetry and other oral renditions. It also reflects the humanity that lay beneath the reality of war duties. The lamentation of wives and fiancés left behind as the soldiers shipped off to the war front; the hunger that did not spare some of the soldiers as they battled the enemy; the hopes of what was to come; the tenacity in protecting ones own in his last place of refuge – his homeland, etc.

Indeed, JAK was not just a folklorist who read up on the Biafran war. He was a foot-soldier in the battlefront and rose to the rank of a Sergeant in the Biafran Army. Some of the songs in the book were forged and tested out within his own unit before they gained wider acclaim in the various war time communities around Biafra.

Dr Njoku gives historical context to the songs with an explanation of the events that led up to the regular person on the street summarizing their observation in simple songs that quickly grew into anthems for anyone in support of the war effort. For example Songs about Sabotage emerged as news of prominent sabotage rings were uncovered and the public alerted to the damage such saboteurs had wrought in the war effort. The soldiers and public response got recorded in songs of condemnation of sabotage and Saboteurs, two of which were included in this book: Song # 20: Otoro Gbagbue Onye Mere Ihea a and Song #21: Ihe Sabo Mere Ojukwu.

The patriotic enthusiasm of the youth was recorded in many songs, some of which made it into JAK’s book, like Song # 8: Ma Ogbo Anyi Ejeghi Agha (onye g’eje agha?), Song # 9: Umu Okoro Ibe Mu, Song # 11: Obi Kererenke and Song # 12: Onye Meriri Dike?

Some of the heart-wrenching songs were the lamentations of mothers whose sons shipped off to war, and some of the negotiations between new recruits and their fiancés on their fears and hopes. The following songs captured those sentiments in their raw expression: Song # 13: Agawala m Igba Mgbo, Song # 14: Ebe Ngara Igba Mgbo n’Uzuakoli,     Song # 15: Ihe a Ndia Na-Ami.

The beauty of this work is that all the songs were translated into English and the historical context were also in English. So for those that lived through the experience, the familiarity of it all will moisten their eyes as they thumb through this book reminiscing and humming the tunes, and for those who are not native Igbo or who were born after the war, they will learn a lot about a complex era through a folklorist-participant perspective that has masterfully combined historical facts with a relaxingly humorous edge on a serious matter.

Drawing from his vast musical background (with advanced degrees in historical and ethnomusicology and folklore) Dr. Njoku uniquely added Musical Notations to all the songs which makes it easy to sing or play on the piano even if you don’t speak, read or write the Igbo language.

This is quite a lesson in language and culture; I recommend that all Uwandiigbo folks add this 50-page book to their library.  It is one other way to preserve our language and culture as we write our own history ourselves."

Anyone interested inpurchasing the ENYI BIAFRA songbook can send a check for $12:50 to Prof. Akuma-Kalu Njoku with the following address.

J. Akuma-Kalu Njoku, Ph.D.
299 Westwood Avenue
Bowling Green, KY 42103

-------------------------
May the soul of all that perished in that war rest in peace, Amen cool cool

rgds,
echelon
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by chibaby5(f): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
hey guyz!. . . hwz all y'll sunday goin?? i hope errting na aga nke oma. . .
may god continue 2 bless us. . . kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by bestofthisyear(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2009
Ndi Igbo anama kene unu!
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2009
Umuigbo kweeenuuuuuuuuuu

Kwezuoonu ooooooooooooo
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by osisi2(f): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2009
where is everyone?
Ify nwa nma o mu go nwa?
Ndewo nu ooooooooo
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by SamMilla1(m): 12:21am On Mar 26, 2009
umu igbo ekele m unu.

Obu oga milla na etu onye obuna nke ona aza,

Udo diri unu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 2:40am On Mar 26, 2009
**osisi:

where is everyone?
Ify nwa nma o mu go nwa?
Ndewo nu ooooooooo
otego o muru.
Sam Milla:

umu igbo ekele m unu.

Obu oga milla na etu onye obuna nke ona aza,

Udo diri unu.

dirikwara gi
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by otukpo(f): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2009
Igbo ndi oma, ekelem unu.

Ka Chineke chekweba ma gozie anyi nile.

Udo diri unu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
o bu onye ga abu mama. . . .ifeoma
o bu onye ga aza mama. . . .ifeoma
dim oma umu di nma ka m ga amuru gi,onye oma. . .
onye o ga adiri nma onye oma.
cheesy
long time no anya,umu igbo.
nnenne,Ghettochyk,fesse(bobaraba),rubi,chisimdi,Oturkpo,chi-baby,jenny,Ibobabe,Onyinye,ibkaye,Osisi na ndi nne (already and to-be-by faith) nile in da house,happppppy uka nne. kiss
ndi di anyi ga adi loving forever
umu aka anyi nile Chukwu jiri gozie anyi wud be a source of happiness forever.

for ndi na enweghizi nne eg Darfur/Pres-elect,Chukwu ga enye unu nwanyi di nma karia nne unu dika nwunye.
For ndi na ahubeghi nne ya anya kemgbe afo asaa due to agbata-eke na i-che-na-mmadu-bu-goat ha na agba na london eg Presido/Fromuk na Ikomi angry angry Jehovah ka emere unu amara,nye unu obi i cheta nne unu.
For ndi na echeta nne ha eg agaba,Romy,Toshman,Echelon,Youngies,Chineye,asha,Kashiff na Mortiple etc ka Jehovah gba unu ume.
kedunu Oziomatv na Uche2nna?
@Romy gini bu "plato o plomo"?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by preselect(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2009
ify, iseeeeeee cheesy

but ify, a ka m n'eche for my turn o, ihe ahu imere ibe m, mere m ya, odi mu mma cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 1:10am On Mar 27, 2009
pres-elect:

ify, iseeeeeee cheesy

but ify, a ka m n'eche for my turn o, ihe ahu imere ibe m, mere m ya, odi mu mma cheesy

Anu (bee) gbakwa gi na onu ijiri kwuo udi okwu ahu. angry angry

Asiri gi na o bu onye nkesa? Aha ya abughi keregawa
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 4:37am On Mar 27, 2009
agabaI23:

Asiri gi na o bu onye nkesa? Aha ya abughi[b] keregawa[/b]
na u talk am ooh.
Ify keee kwanu, ole mgbe iga enye pres-elect? tongue tongue tongue
Agaba123 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by chibaby5(f): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2009
singing. . .
obu onye ka aga akpo mama. . . ifyyyy!!! ! !
onye ka aga akpo mama. . . . .ifyyy! ! !

loool. . . congratulations aunty ify ! kiss
i luv babyz man! ! ! cnt wait 2 have one. . . grin cheesy
nwayz unto God b all da glory n praise. . n may he continue 2 bless n favour u. . .AMEN!
errrmmm baby wat?? boy/girl??
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ifyyyyyyyyyy happy Nnehood!! kedu maka nwa na Di gi? "plato" is Plate and "plomo" is Lead (chemical). Hope the answers will help.

A na m ekene onye obula cheesy cheesy. Udo diri kwa nu ohh

Bia chi-baby foto gi na agbaji m olu cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ChinenyeN(m): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2009
Oh!! Daa Ify, i muola nwa, already?
Congratulations.

chi-baby:

i luv babyz man! ! ! cnt wait 2 have one. . . grin cheesy
Bia nwa agboghobia, i guchala akwukwo?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by homegirl1: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
ifyalways:

o bu onye ga abu mama. . . .ifeoma
o bu onye ga aza mama. . . .ifeoma
dim oma umu di nma ka m ga amuru gi,onye oma. . .
onye o ga adiri nma onye oma.
cheesy
long time no anya,umu igbo.
nnenne,Ghettochyk,fesse(bobaraba),rubi,chisimdi,Oturkpo,chi-baby,jenny,Ibobabe,Onyinye,ibkaye,Osisi na ndi nne (already and to-be-by faith) nile in da house,happppppy uka nne. kiss
ndi di anyi ga adi loving forever
umu aka anyi nile Chukwu jiri gozie anyi wud be a source of happiness forever.

for ndi na enweghizi nne eg Darfur/Pres-elect,Chukwu ga enye unu nwanyi di nma karia nne unu dika nwunye.
For ndi na ahubeghi nne ya anya kemgbe afo asaa due to agbata-eke na i-che-na-mmadu-bu-goat ha na agba na london eg Presido/Fromuk na Ikomi angry angry Jehovah ka emere unu amara,nye unu obi i cheta nne unu.
For ndi na echeta nne ha eg agaba,Romy,Toshman,Echelon,Youngies,Chineye,asha,Kashiff na Mortiple etc ka Jehovah gba unu ume.
kedunu Oziomatv na Uche2nna?
@Romy gini bu "plato o plomo"?

mana ify obu gini mere na ikpehoro umu agbogho na anubere di ekpere ka ha soro ibe ha banye na nnehoo? odighikwa mma cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 1:38am On Mar 28, 2009
ifyalways:

Homegirl gugharia ihe ify dere ebea. The bolded part wink wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by chibaby5(f): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2009
@romeo
ahahahahahhahaah. . . . well elekwala da picsure anya then cuz i wudnt want u breakin ya neck cheesy cheesy tongue

@chinenYen

lol. . . am jus sayin oo. . but ama hv patience i guess cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by preselect(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
ify nye m nkem oo . . .sawam sa

ify nyem mkemoo . . .sawam sa

ihe i mere ibe m, mere m nkem ooo. . . sawam sa

ihe imere ibem oo, merem nkem oo . . sawam sa

onye o na asu, ya sugbuo ya oo. . .sawa m sa

hooooohaaaaaaaa cheesy

ebelebe igba cheesy
ebelebe igba cheesy
igba igba ngbakirigba grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2009
Dafur

A ga m eweputara gi anya red ooo.

Kpachapu anya gi ooo
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2009
Darfur/Pres-elect,kwusikwa dis kain expensive joke angry m nye gi gini tongue
Presiodo angry gi na Ikomi angry .unu a baighi leta nwam angry
Homegal,ndo asa mara nma.umu agboghobia anyi nile luru ogo iluta di ga aluta ezigbo di .di ga akwanyere ha ugwu ma hukwa ha na anya.iseeeeee cheesy
Romy,dalu.u always my first rove kiss
chi-baby na Chineye,thanks loves
agabaa kiss cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss
ole Toshman undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by presido1: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
ifyalways:

Presiodo angry gi na Ikomi angry .unu a baighi leta nwam angry
how come? i'muziri pre-mature? agaba omere the sparm DHL ka owu nini tongue tongue tongue
pls kowasiate maka nwa na enweghi aha anaghi eku ya eku.
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by preselect(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
ify, isi na m na akpaghari gi? undecided
ok kwa o, ka m ga gbawanu ncha . . . kama nwa sudan ga anwu sad , ka m gbawa ncha oooo. . . .
the worst part, enweghi di m ncha sef sad ka m gbaa detergent. nna ihe shiri ike for here o grin

onye ajuru anaghi aju onwe ya . . . hoha . . . ka m hukwa onye ga abia isi m gini mere m ji agba ncha.

ok, ify, iwe ewela gi o. maka toshmann, okwa osiri na ya ememilaala m sometime ago. nke a wu the revenge ofthe supporter of APC grin nwa sudan emegwarala. . . grin , e sendia m my agents ka ha mee ya aru. chefuonu tosh, ono psychiatry ugbua grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ChinenyeN(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2009
chi-baby:

@chinenYen

lol. . . am jus sayin oo. . but ama hv patience i guess cool
Ok oo. . asi ka m juo maka adighi ama ama. . . hehheh. .
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by ChinenyeN(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
Ify, chere m-ajuo. . . o bu nwoko ka o bu nwaanyi?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 12:59am On Mar 29, 2009
Onye obula ariputala ka ariri. O buladi presido
Ify m, I na-eweta oku
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by youngies(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2009
Ify nno ije . . . chukwu ga enye gi nwoke asaa na nwanyi asaa!
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by agabaI23(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
Youngies

O buru ogwu O gaghi erere gi.

Ichoro ka O nwuo?

Umu iri na ano?
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2009
Any of you heard one song Eyeno - Team 6
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2009
Sorry no, it's 6Team
Re: Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady by romeo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
chi-baby:

@romeo
ahahahahahhahaah. . . . well elekwala da picsure anya then cuz i wudnt want u breakin ya neck  cheesy cheesy tongue

@chinenYen

lol. . . am jus sayin oo. . but ama hv patience i guess  cool

Mbaaaa!! ajulu m aju cheesy olu chokwa nya gbajie final.

Biko onwere onye noo na FB ebea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (100)

Igbo Architecture | Ụlọ omé n'Ìgbò / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.