Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,751 members, 7,935,232 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:15 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1288818 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) ... (1547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

That scene didn't come out well and kinda had Bruce acting out of character. Realistically he should be asking questions and damn, how did Jonn jonnz know he is Batman?
I even found it strange how Bruce was quick to reveal his secret identity to Aquaman, flash and Lois Lane. Batman never does that. Especially not that soon.
lol what was the essence of the scene with martian man and Lois lane. Still trying to understand
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Barrywhyte1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:
lol what was the essence of the scene with martian man and Lois lane. Still trying to understand

Snyder offering fan service
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:
Not necessary imo, I used to skip that part of the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:
I honestly have no idea. But I would like to think that as Lois and Swanwick got closer, he started to see how important she was or of an impact she is, so he couldn't go to her as Swanwick, cause it would look strange, so he used the appearance of who she would most likely have huge respect for. But the bigger question was, how the heck did Swanwick know Martha?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:
This Doom patrol season 3 is top tier cinema.

I am loving every bit of it, especially episode 3 with the Dead boys detective.

Abeg, when is the Dead boys detective series airing on HBOmax?

TV not cinema
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

I honestly have no idea. But I would like to think that as Lois and Swanwick got closer, he started to see how important she was or of an impact she is, so he couldn't go to her as Swanwick, cause it would look strange, so he used the appearance of who she would most likely have huge respect for. But the bigger question was, how the heck did Swanwick know Martha?
lol, how the heck he knew Martha is the big question.

Leme do u another better, beginning of BVS Bruce fell in the cave and the the bats flew he was scared and next the bats started flying around him and he begins to levitate as they did. Can someone explain that particular scene cus recently I was rewatching the movie and I was just trying to understand that particular scene.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Not necessary imo, I used to skip that part in the movie.
lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
Barrywhyte1:

Snyder offering fan service
leme do u another better, what was the essence of the scene with Barry Allen and Iris west car safe scene, still wondering what it added to the story.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:
This Doom patrol season 3 is top tier cinema.

I am loving every bit of it, especially episode 3 with the Dead boys detective.

Abeg, when is the Dead boys detective series airing on HBOmax?
Wait till episode 4. I don't know which angle you guys are seeing it but damn, the show has been repetitive. Episode 4 just killed it for me entirely.
So far so good, I will rate it 6/10. The Rita Farr character is the one that is most underdeveloped. Then there's cyborg. Cyborg really shouldn't be in this show, he looks way out. Flex metallo would have been better. Am happy with negative man progression, Jane's too and robotman humor but Rita needs to be killed off with cyborg. Those two drag the show and serve no real purpose except repeat emotional arcs of season 1.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:
leme do u another better, what was the essence of the scene with Barry Allen and Iris west car safe scene, still wondering what it added to the story.
Tried to build the Barry character. Introduce us to him as a lonely guy out on his own with little connection to the world. It literally showed us Barry and his powers. The scene had a point actually.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:
lol, how the heck he knew Martha is the big question.

Leme do u another better, beginning of BVS Bruce fell in the cave and the the bats flew he was scared and next the bats started flying around him and he begins to levitate as they did. Can someone explain that particular scene cus recently I was rewatching the movie and I was just trying to understand that particular scene.
That scene is figurative. It needs no explanation really cause Bruce already said it. The scene didn't happen physically but in Bruce's mind. The death of his parents broke him but Batman saved him by bringing him to the light, which was a beautiful lie, as being Batman took more from him than the deaths of his parents.
It's symbolic. And made sense if you watched the ultimate cut to the end.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

That scene is figurative. It needs no explanation really cause Bruce already said it. The scene didn't happen physically but in Bruce's mind. The death of his parents broke him but Batman saved him by bringing him to the light, which was a beautiful lie, as being Batman took more from him than the deaths of his parents.
It's symbolic. And made sense if you watched the ultimate cut to the end.
okay!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

Tried to build the Barry character. Introduce us to him as a lonely guy out on his own with little connection to the world. It literally showed us Barry and his powers. The scene had a point actually.
okay!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
PurpLChi:

TV not cinema

It has exceeded TV right now and is sitting on some cinema levels. So impressed with the dead boys issh.

Was expecting it to be meh, but was impressed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

Wait till episode 4. I don't know which angle you guys are seeing it but damn, the show has been repetitive. Episode 4 just killed it for me entirely.
So far so good, I will rate it 6/10. The Rita Farr character is the one that is most underdeveloped. Then there's cyborg. Cyborg really shouldn't be in this show, he looks way out. Flex metallo would have been better. Am happy with negative man progression, Jane's too and robotman humor but Rita needs to be killed off with cyborg. Those two drag the show and serve no real purpose except repeat emotional arcs of season 1.

I agree with the bolded.

But i believe that they used cyborg so that the black community won't be left out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
Remember I told you guys that Disney was in the wrong and will pay/settle Scarllet Jo in the BW lawsuit? Well, i was right (again wink )

Disney secretly went to beg SJ and paid her a whooping $40m to resolve the issue. This is the major reason why the likes of Shangchi and Eternals are strickly in cinemas cos they will pay heavy lawsuit or settle heavily out of court

Imagine paying after making mouth in the media. Should've done so a long time ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

It has exceeded TV right now and is sitting on some cinema levels. So impressed with the dead boys issh.

I'll start it when I finish titans and Stargirl
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I agree with the bolded.

But i believe that they used cyborg so that the black community won't be left out.
Really? And there isn't another character that fits the bill aside cyborg from the actual comics? As in, it's very evident cyborg doesn't belong in the story. He is under utilized, the story doesn't fit the character, he is just forced in and drags the show. Rita is the worst written.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Is it the cinematography or the story? Cause I honestly don't see the cinema level stuff in the story. The story so far is garbage, repetitive, to me. But the picture quality is good.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
Anticipate ......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
Skseries:

Not much to the overall story but that scene had purpose. It was powerful. Probably the most memorable scene for me in the whole movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
Minemrys:

OGBENI, guy you too like complain....just say you don't like the Show. That show is way ahead, I mean head, shoulder and tail better than any shït Titans can think up.

The characters progression are good.

Rita Farr has grown, so is Robotman and Jane. Negative Man also a big character progression.
Cyborg might be a drag but he's slightly developed and grown past his angst for his father.

Titans: I fvvking can't say the same....drab and wack writing from day one. angry In fact Stargirl and S&L is better than it by a mile. Going by your rating, more than half the Titans characters will need to be scrapped and killed off.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
abduleez1:

Not much to the overall story but that scene had purpose. It was powerful. Probably the most memorable scene for me in the whole movie.
okay!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
abduleez1:

OGBENI, guy you too like complain....just say you don't like the Show. That show is way ahead, I mean head, shoulder and tail better than any shït Titans can think up.

The characters progression are good.

Rita Farr has grown, so is Robotman and Jane. Negative Man also a big character progression.
Cyborg might be a drag but he's slightly developed and grown past his angst for his father.

Titans: I fvvking can't say the same....drab and wack writing from day one. angry In fact Stargirl and S&L is better than it by a mile. Going by your rating, more than half the Titans characters will need to be scrapped and killed off.
Seems you are taking this personal. For starters, I never hyped Titans mind you. My opinion was on season 3 of Titans being an improvement to the convoluted mess that was season 2, and if you were paying attention I did say something about Titans and Todd which I and pu7pl3 talked on briefly. Bros, you are mistaken to think I favor one over another. I just want some progressive story, and I don't see a progression whereby a character still hasn't learnt to get a hold of herself, keeps being a mess, still hasn't figured how to control her powers even after two seasons of great focus on the character. There was a time I thought it was the actress being bad. As in, if I went back to season 1, negative man, Jane and Cliff are much different from now. They've grown. Rita and cyborg still the same.
And to be fair, besides swamp thing, the HBO Max shows haven't done anything that great, they all got their faults, doom patrol just felt repetitive with two characters still stuck in the plot surrounding identity crisis. Come on, when are they going to feel like a superhero team of misfits? That's what they were in the comics, right?
Lastly, are you having a bad day?

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
RIP Robson rocha cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2021
Minemrys:

Seems you are taking this personal. For starters, I never hyped Titans mind you. My opinion was on season 3 of Titans being an improvement to the convoluted mess that was season 2, and if you were paying attention I did say something about Titans and Todd which I and pu7pl3 talked on briefly. Bros, you are mistaken to think I favor one over another. I just want some progressive story, and I don't see a progression whereby a character still hasn't learnt to get a hold of herself, keeps being a mess, still hasn't figured how to control her powers even after two seasons of great focus on the character. There was a time I thought it was the actress being bad. As in, if I went back to season 1, negative man, Jane and Cliff are much different from now. They've grown. Rita and cyborg still the same.
And to be fair, besides swamp thing, the HBO Max shows haven't done anything that great, they all got their faults, doom patrol just felt repetitive with two characters still stuck in the plot surrounding identity crisis. Come on, when are they going to feel like a superhero team of misfits? That's what they were in the comics, right?
Lastly, are you having a bad day?
Alright. I get you now. Yep...the fighting as a team is yet to deliver and a bummer. It's still good, just the pacing needs adjustment. I just focus more on the positives instead of the few shortcomings of the show. Other characters in total kinda covered for their flaw. And the Dead Boys Detectives was a nice addition and the understanding of Kay (the prime character of Jane).

Watchmen was darn good.....after you get past the 4th episode. Smashed awards shows after it premiered.

Yeah, had a long stressful day. Slightly made me irritant. No vex. My stress level don reach DEFCON 1.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2021
Minemrys:

Is it the cinematography or the story? Cause I honestly don't see the cinema level stuff in the story. The story so far is garbage, repetitive, to me. But the picture quality is good.

Cinematography and the acting.

Also, the story is good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2021
TheHulk616:
RIP Robson rocha cry

Person were don die since July?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Alright. I get you now. Yep...the fighting as a team is yet to deliver and a bummer. It's still good, just the pacing needs adjustment. I just focus more on the positives instead of the few shortcomings of the show. Other characters in total kinda covered for their flaw. And the Dead Boys Detectives was a nice addition and the understanding of Kay (the prime character of Jane).

Watchmen was darn good.....after you get past the 4th episode. Smashed awards shows after it premiered.

Yeah, had a long stressful day. Slightly made me irritant. No vex. My stress level don reach DEFCON 1.

Any idea when the dead boy detective show dey kick start?

I really enjoyed their cameo in ep 3
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Any idea when the dead boy detective show dey kick start?

I really enjoyed their cameo in ep 3

Nope... got no info on that.

Probably 2022 or 2023 latest.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Person were don die since July?
yes, but A good tribute was just done in the comics with an excellent story with Yang and brother Reis cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
abduleez1:

Nope... got no info on that.

Probably 2022 or 2023 latest.

Alright, thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) ... (1547) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.