Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,799 members, 7,965,953 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:56 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71608 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2009
Idiotic DK

If 5 points is 'HUGE' why is 4 not 'HUGE'? tongue

We will turn things around - at this point last season we were #1 so there's a lot of footie left to play. cool

Eboue should be benched till the end of the season - Wenger has little or no reason to play him anymore now - he keeps costing us with his stupidity. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2009
nonus:

Up Gunners!!!!
You can find a wide range of penis pumps, max-extenders, euro-extenders, premature ejaculation pills, erection enhancers, delay sprays, erectile dysfunction drugs, supplements, creams, sex dolls, vibrators, dildos and other adult toys in Nigeria at [b]Matured Health International, 16 Thomas Salako Street, (Suite 3, 2nd floor) Opposite. Ogba B/Stop Ogba, Ikeja  01-7377189, 08099702750 email: menshealthnigeria@yahoo.com[/b]Shop in confidence and privacy!

Are you fucking mad or what is wrong with you?

Spamming the whole thread with penis pump shit and all!

May lucipher impregnate u!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

May lucipher impregnate u![/font]
grin grin grin grin

Please forward that prayer to Eboue too. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
debosky:

grin grin grin grin

Please forward that prayer to Eboue too. grin

I sure will boss! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2009
Sometimes i begin to imagine some nonsense that could possibly be making sense like " Eboue putting JAZZ "JUJU" on AW to play him . . .i wonder what AW ate from Eboue its all shit . . .we have Vela,Dudu on the bench . . .why MUST EBOUE play . . .this guy is wack . . .he should sold for free . . .and given to a lesser club as Arsenal charity committment to them.

What's going on for christ sake. . .AW should have 70% of this "draw games" blame.

I thought the "assasinator" Arshavin would play . . . i saw him jogging when ADE was injured . . .

Just worried . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Brash

Pls extend it to that pirated Brazilian pls.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2009
Arshavin is not 100% match fit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2009
Denilson . . .the dude is not yet matured enuf for Arsenals League games . .he should go on loan . . .

Good new, Rozzi is back in Training . .

can't Just wait for FAB4,Wal,Rozzi to be back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2009
Denilson is OK - remember he hasn't played this many games in any season prior to this. He can definitely improve and he will.

Eboue is getting worse by the day and brings NOTHING to our team. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2009
Eboue Apologized on arsenal.com

“I am sorry,” he told Arsenal.com. “This game was very, very important for us. We must always win when we play against Tottenham and give our best for the fans.

“I am so disappointed to get the red card but I say thank you to my friends [team-mates] who gave everything. We drew and we are happy. It is a good point for us after playing so long with 11 v 10.”

Eboue admitted his error for the second caution but felt the first was harsh – along with the decision to chalk off his ‘goal’ in the 13th minute for a push on Jonathan Woodgate.

“The referee sent me off,” said the Ivorian. “For the first yellow card I did not say anything bad.

“I was in front of the ball and I was talking with Almunia [following a foul]. After that I said [to the referee] you have to whistle before and he said OK. I came back to take my place and then he called me and gave me a yellow card. I don’t really understand why.

“For the second one, I touched him. I put my leg up because [Modric] had touched me before in front of the referee and he did not say anything. He kicked me when I tried to go forward and I put my leg up. The second card is normal, I accept it.

“But for me the referee was not good today. It was a goal [in the first half]. I don’t know why he did not give it. The referee said I touched Woodgate but I did not.

“I know have to control myself [on the pitch] but I did not want to let Tottenham win.

"I just wanted to give my best.”
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2009
debosky:

We will turn things around - at this point last season we were #1 so there's a lot of footie left to play.  cool
@debosky, can you remind us where you ended?  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Debo

Thats not an excuse,once given a chance you need to step your game up which he has failed to so far,his days is numbered for sure.I would have loved if AW could pair Gallas and Dj @ the back with Kolo as DM and the Fab,Roc,Walcott,RVP,AA,DUDU as attackers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2009
@FBS

How come u r the only 1 laughing? angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
follypimpi:

@FBS

How come u r the only 1 laughing? angry
@follypimpi, I have no idea why you are not laughing. the season has long been over for arse, isn't it? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
@FBS

Well it has just dawned on me.we have FA cup to cheer and be happy about,cos we defo will win it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
follypimpi:

@Brash

Pls extend it to that pirated Brazilian pls.

I have just sent Denilson's portion! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Brash

Bless ya
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2009
debosky:

Denilson is OK - remember he hasn't played this many games in any season prior to this. He can definitely improve and he will.

Eboue is getting worse by the day and brings NOTHING to our team.  angry

Eboue was easily Arsenal's best player @ WHL. . . . .I get antsy when fans turn on him whenever Arsene makes a goof with his tactics.
He was the best player on the pitch by far before his goal was disallowed.
Eboue scored a valid goal in me opinion. . . .Woodgate was already falling over before Eboue tapped him and the goal shoulda stood.
If that was @ Emirates, y'all would be singing his name as y'all saviour in a derby match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
Eboue Played better than Denilson Today,as far as am concerned Eboue is a gud player @least he runs up and down with the ball,mkes us have loads of possession,lol.But denilson can keep hold of the ball,cant tackle cant shoot cant pass,so whats his use.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2009
This present team just lack the features that made the red and white army of old thick and tick;guile,creativity,fluidity and steel.Call it the definitive football swagger of the invicinble clique or the dudes on parade just last season.

What do you expect with players like Eboue(was having a good game but i was sure at one point he will exhibit his folly),Denilson(this dude has to be the worst Brazilian player after Rochembac),Song(all brawn but no brain),off-form Clichy(i can't seem to get picture of him gulping a bottle of Moet off my mind),and a clueless and dis-jointed defense.

If we've played against a team that can smell blood,it woulda been an embarassing result to say the least.We just seem totally un-team like.

Let's just hope the return of our injured players will bring back the much needed impetus culminating in the good ol'dayz!

Next call is Cardiff,i pray we take em to the cleaners @ the emirati.The cup competitions(especially this one) seems to be our only hope now.

Gooners para siempre.

@Crackles and HNIC

It's not all ignorance,especially the ones blatantly displayed and ferociously defended by its exhibitor,that you grace witha response.You can't just save some beings from drowning in their miseries.To 'em,it's a BLISS.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DaJunta(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2009
After all said and done,  results are needed &  not explanations embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2009
Sharon

i am not slating eboue for the game no.

i am angry at him for the first unecesary card he copped. we all know mike dean is stupid anyway, but all he had to do was shut up angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2009
follypimpi:

Eboue Apologized on arsenal.com

“I am sorry,” he told Arsenal.com. “This game was very, very important for us. We must always win when we play against Tottenham and give our best for the fans.

“I am so disappointed to get the red card but I say thank you to my friends [team-mates] who gave everything. We drew and we are happy. It is a good point for us after playing so long with 11 v 10.”

Eboue admitted his error for the second caution but felt the first was harsh – along with the decision to chalk off his ‘goal’ in the 13th minute for a push on Jonathan Woodgate.

“The referee sent me off,” said the Ivorian. “For the first yellow card I did not say anything bad.

“I was in front of the ball and I was talking with Almunia [following a foul]. After that I said [to the referee] you have to whistle before and he said OK. I came back to take my place and then he called me and gave me a yellow card. I don’t really understand why.

“For the second one, I touched him. I put my leg up because [Modric] had touched me before in front of the referee and he did not say anything. He kicked me when I tried to go forward and I put my leg up. The second card is normal, I accept it.

“But for me the referee was not good today. It was a goal [in the first half]. I don’t know why he did not give it. The referee said I touched Woodgate but I did not.

“I know have to control myself [on the pitch] but I did not want to let Tottenham win.

"I just wanted to give my best.”

He should tell that to the Marines fighting in Basra!! We have had enough of his ineptitude. . .

His stupidity almost cost us that game scratch that it did cost us that game a draw is almost as useless as a loss especially since we are pretty far behind Chelsea and Villa

YemiAlabi:

I am d MD of 3D technologyes.
We do a lot of elecronic works and i seriously need your patronage right now.
We do GPS programming and have done nigeria map on gps though it is not finish yet though.
Please buy our products.

I finish with first class in univercity and have been abroad for masters.
Please brothers and sisters help me out.
i need to eat. Life is hard and tough.
Please brothers and sisters.

Moderators abeg ooh!! shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:50am On Feb 09, 2009
[size=24pt]TONY ADAMS SACKED!!!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 1:38am On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

[size=24pt]TONY ADAMS SACKED!!!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah the same way Keane was shown the door the other time and Mark Hughes will toe same line soonest grin grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:44am On Feb 09, 2009
Can gayyners ever do anything right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 1:52am On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Can gayyners ever do anything right?

Your recidivism is preposterous.Thought you have been banished to your lonesome thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2009
Arsene knows fans are MAD - that's the only reason the whole apology nonsense would even be contemplated.

This is a pointless exercise - Eboue is a HUGE liability to Arsenal FC - this is yet another case of incompetence from him, and Wenger needs to stop pandering to this nonsense. angry angry

Play Arshavin, play Eduardo, play Vela,play Wilshire even - ANYONE but Eboue. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by briggst(m): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2009
I think Nasri is a good player but like all players they have their up and down days. for now i cant classify him as a match winner yet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
briggst:

I think Nasri is a good player but like all players they have their up and down days. for now i cant classify him as a match winner yet.

Is it the same Nasri that has been our only beacon of creativity and fluidity amidst a lethargic and insipid lots like Eboue and Denilson?
The Nasri that was just brought to EPL and adapated so fast and refused to be a flash in the pan unlike Deco inspite of sharing the same glory of scoring on his debut with him(Deco)?

It's high time we agreed that EPL has got such a fast pace and sometimes this new players seem lost(ask Baptista what he feels about EPL),but even at this,Nasri has been a consistent player viz a viz Arsenal woeful performances so far and his newness in a foreign league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Is it the same Nasri that has been our only beacon of creativity and fluidity amidst a lethargic and insipid lots like Eboue and Denilson?
The Nasri that was just brought to EPL and adapated so fast and refused to be a flash in the pan unlike Deco inspite of sharing the same glory of scoring on his debut with him(Deco)?

It's high time we agreed that EPL has got such a fast pace and sometimes this new players seem lost(ask Baptista what he feels about EPL),but even at this,Nasri has been a consistent player viz a viz Arsenal woeful performances so far and his newness in a foreign league

Too early to judge. . . . .wait for his 2nd season before you cream yourself over him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Too early to judge. . . . .wait for his 2nd season before you cream yourself over him.

There is nothing over-praising in my post so i find it difficult to comprehend your "cream over him" stand
If you believe i should wait till his sophomore season before i pass a judgment,don't you think the post i reacted to is rather preemptive then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (101)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.