Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Running Nigeria On Generators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Nigeria On Generators (2898 Views)

NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators / Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators / Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by ilaugh1: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2009
the same way you dont think everyone should start washing cars to survive is the same way that not everyone thinks Nigeria is a failed state, doomed and sick like you always want us to beleive.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
i_laugh:

the same way you dont think everyone should start washing cars to survive is the same way that not everyone thinks Nigeria is a failed state, doomed and sick like you always want us to beleive.

. . . . still waiting for the point here.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by asha80(m): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
How are we sure i_laugh is not benefitting from the rotten system hence the 'ostriching'.Even running nigeria on generators some people will also benefit from it.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2009
asha 80:

How are we sure i_laugh is not benefitting from the rotten system hence the 'ostriching'.Even running nigeria on generators some people will also benefit from it.

I doubt he is intelligent enough to actually benefit from it. No offence meant but just an observation @i_laugh. The dude seems more to me like one of those riff-rafs who blindly support any cause to death without ever questioning what is being offered them. We get them plenty for naija and they are some of the reasons why nigeria remains where it is today.

Ever wonder who does all the dirty work for the bad minds we have in that country? Check out any of the guys and you will see they also live in poverty themselves. Some of these boys live in face to face, while those they slave and worship live in mansions and drive posh cars. lol
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ever wonder who does all the dirty work for the bad minds we have in that country? Check out any of the guys and you will see they also live in poverty themselves. Some of these boys live in face to face, while those they slave and worship live in mansions and drive posh cars. lol
Very true and I bet i_laugh is in this category.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by meexteriox(m): 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
i_laugh:

Now, you are beginning to amuse me seriously. Your utterances so far has exposed your miserable background
to no end. You have missed the train to Nigeria reality show, believe me. When you wake up from your bug infested
bed, try and alert me.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Gamine(f): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
As long as the people at the top keep benefiting from the mess that Nigeria is,

you can be assured that , no progress can or will be made.

Take a look at Femi Otedola, he just got a Sun Seeker,

generated from Generators,

i dont see how things would get better if these strongholds arent brought down
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Seun(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
I am a Nigerian. I live in Nigeria. I believe Yar'adua is better than GW Bush.
No country is perfect, but for a while now there have been opportunities for people
who are ready to acquire knowledge and work. It's not as bad as people say.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by blacksta(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
I _laugh

I really laugh.  The expression of your thought life upsets me and i suspect that many in Nigeria think like this. Typical "yes men".  We are definitely not ready for change.  Please carry on washing your cars and when you make your millions please come abroad and spend it on medical bills, new cars or house in short come and stimulate the white man's economy
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Gamine(f): 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
It is actually worse than wat people can imagine, Seun.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by blacksta(m): 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2009
Seun:

I am a Nigerian.  I live in Nigeria.  I believe Yar'adua is better than GW Bush. 
No country is perfect, but for a while now there have been opportunities for people 
who are ready to acquire knowledge and work.  It's not as bad as people say.

Oga seun

please tell us how yar adua is better than GW Bush.  At least when GB was at the helm. America took 100 steps foward and 10 backwards. In Nigeria it  is 100 steps backward and half step forward.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
blacksta:

Oga seun

please tell us how yar adua is better than GW Bush.  At least when GB was at the helm. America took 100 steps foward and 10 backwards. In Nigeria it is 100 steps backward and half step forward.

Thank you!
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
Seun:

I am a Nigerian. I live in Nigeria. I believe Yar'adua is better than GW Bush.
who are ready to acquire knowledge and work. It's not as bad as people say.

Na wah for you o. How could you compare George Bush to Yar 'Adua. What's yor yardstick for comparison? I bet to differ.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by ilaugh1: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
Noone in his or her right mind, honestly speaking, someone who wakes up and thinks and not someone who wakes up and doesnt even know how to use his or her brain, noone like that will call Nigeria a failed state - people who are so ignorant, people who are blinded to opportunities, people who have been deceived by the little comfort that the life abroad offers, these are the people who - for the reason of not being able to fit back into the system, calls Nigeria a failed state, a doomed for entity, and a country where nothing works - these are the people who needs help.

Thousands of Chinese, South Africans, Americans, British, Indians are rushing to Nigeria as a land of opportunity and loads of them are making it in a big way in the same country that Nigerians have written off as a place where nothing works - please how do you explain that to me? You sit down abroad, and thinks up issues in your own mind and calls it reality? how can you call it reality when all you experience about the country is what has been conjured up in your mind by foreign journalists and so called diasporic jouranlists who sit behind cyber space to write about what they know nothing about? How foolish and myopic that can be? Thousands make millions on a daily basis in Nigeria, and yet - someone sits behind a 17inch computer to tell me that Nigeria is a failed state - honestly, I pity such kind of a people, they need help and they need it fast.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
i_laugh:

Noone in his or her right mind, honestly speaking, someone who wakes up and thinks and not someone who wakes up and doesnt even know how to use his or her brain, noone like that will call Nigeria a failed state - people who are so ignorant, people who are blinded to opportunities, people who have been deceived by the little comfort that the life abroad offers, these are the people who - for the reason of not being able to fit back into the system, calls Nigeria a failed state, a doomed for entity, and a country where nothing works - these are the people who needs help.

Nice one selling Nigeria but we don't believe you.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS6: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Nice one selling Nigeria but we don't believe you.

The we in this case should mean the dumb founded people who sees Nigeria through their very mis informed corner of the world.

Only fools close thier eyes to opportunities in the country Nigeria.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by asha80(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2009

Thousands of Chinese, South Africans, Americans, British, Indians are rushing to Nigeria as a land of opportunity and loads of them are making it in a big way in the same country that Nigerians have written off as a place where nothing works - please how do you explain that to me? You sit down abroad, and thinks up issues in your own mind and calls it reality? how can you call it reality when all you experience about the country is what has been conjured up in your mind by foreign journalists and so called diasporic jouranlists who sit behind cyber space to write about what they know nothing about? How foolish and myopic that can be? Thousands make millions on a daily basis in Nigeria, and yet - someone sits behind a 17inch computer to tell me that Nigeria is a failed state - honestly, I pity such kind of a people, they need help and they need it fast

Only someone who does not have a brain can make such idiotic statement.Thousands compared to up 140m people?After the millions 'the thousand' people make why are the roads bad? what is the guaranty that after making that million i will have light in my home from phcn? Why should i buy generator to provide myself light?The so called millionares in the country why would they send their children abroad to study?Why should i sink borehole in my house to give constant access to water?What is govt job in the first instance? Moronic thinker
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
roflmao!!! I see someone is enamoured with @B.O.S.S. Good Job !@B.O.S.S, you have touched a nerve!! lol
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by asha80(m): 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
.B.O.S.S Impersonation
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

roflmao!!! I see someone is enamoured with @B.O.S.S. Good Job !@B.O.S.S, you have touched a nerve!! lol

I could see that myself - - hahahahaha. Nice one

grin grin grin
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS6: 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
@
asha 80:

Only someone who does not have a brain can make such idiotic statement.Thousands compared to up 140m people?After the millions 'the thousand' people make why are the roads bad? what is the guaranty that after making that million i will have light in my home from phcn? Why should i buy generator to provide myself light?The so called millionares in the country why would they send their children abroad to study?Why should i sink borehole in my house to give constant access to water?What is govt job in the first instance? Moronic thinker

This is the most foolish posting in this millenium.

So, even in reality, you want 140million people in Nigeria to be making millions on a daily basis? which country does that ever happen? The only thing you people talk about is light, water, bad roads, so what if some can afford it and others cant afford it? is that a new thing in the world? You seem to be annoyed with I_laugh for telling something you havent had time to think about.

To call him a slowpoke is very absurd and only shos the state of your own mind, not everyone need to share your opinion.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ i_clown

you must be having fun. How about getting a life? The good bit at least is that people could differentiate becuase they could at least tell the tone _ _ oh plus, your level of writing is so atrocious to say the least.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by mustafar1: 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
there can only be one B.O.S.S. but theres really nothing wrong with having a body double. hehehe.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
must_a_far:

there can only be one B.O.S.S. but theres really nothing wrong with having a body double. hehehe.
Definitely not. At least it shows I'm really getting under someone's skin.

I love it.

grin
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
.B.O.S.S.:

@

So, even in reality, you want 140million people in Nigeria to be making millions on a daily basis?

Thousands have been making millions a day in Nigeria since before 1960. So, that is not new happening.

.B.O.S.S.:

which country does that ever happen?

When only a few continue to make millions daily in any country, while the majority, in The case of Nigeria, over 70% continue to live in poverty, that is definitely a problem. And in any country, that would set up serious alarms. So why are you perturbed that people are alarmed at this trend being the case for decades on end in Nigeria?

.B.O.S.S.:
The only thing you people talk about is light, water, bad roads, so what if some can afford it and others cant afford it? is that a new thing in the world?

In most developed countries, countries with less access to resources as Nigeria has, it will definitely be a new and unacceptable trend. For each year you live on this planet, you are as a human supposed to register some level of progress (mind you, substantial measurable progress) for you to be classified a successful being. Same is needed for progress and success in any country. If that that does not happen, especially in a country with a population of over 140 MILLION individuals, then there is serious cause to be alarmed.

.B.O.S.S.:
You seem to be annoyed with I_laugh for telling something you havent had time to think about.

To call him a slowpoke is very absurd and only shos the state of your own mind, not everyone need to share your opinion.

Imagine the case of a man who lives with his father. The man is miserable and wondering what is wrong with his life and why things are not going well for him. You decide to ask him over to your office so you can have a chat with him to help him find out what his problem may be.

From the session, you learn that this man’s father had raped him as a kid. You further discover that the rape did not stop when the man became an adult, only that the father now pummels him to submission every other night. His mother ran away from an abusive marriage but because of cultural issues was not able to get custody of her child. She later died of a broken heart, but the man’s father fed him stories of how his mother never really wanted him. You also discover this same man was denied so many opportunities to get educated as a kid, and develop social skills to better interact with his peers.

You are moved to act, to help get him out of the house and maybe get him a better life. But instead, this man chooses to fight you, and turns to insulting you for calling his father a pedophile. He even proceeds to tell you that his father is a wonderful man, and has shown him love. Tells you of how you are like his mother, you are too cowardly to see how much his father loves him. Would you think he is telling you something you have not had time to think about?

Now please @i_laugh, before you rush to respond, may I suggest that you spend time digesting the example above.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by bawomolo(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2009
.B.O.S.S.:

@

So, even in reality, you want 140million people in Nigeria to be making millions on a daily basis? which country does that ever happen? The only thing you people talk about is light, water, bad roads, so what if some can afford it and others cant afford it? is that a new thing in the world? You seem to be annoyed with I_laugh for telling something you havent had time to think about.

i believe he was talking about the gross economic inequality in Nigeria.  There is hardly any middle-class.

Why would anyone compare yar'adua to George Bush.  should we also compare our schools to the ones in Afghanistan?
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by asha80(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
@.B.O.S.S.
so you think i cannot differentiate between you (.B.O.S.S.) and B.O.S.S.

You are a huge joke.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by ilaugh1: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
bawomolo:

i believe he was talking about the gross economic inequality in Nigeria.  There is hardly any middle-class.

Why would anyone compare yar'adua to George Bush.  should we also compare our schools to the ones in Afghanistan?

Economic in equlaity exists every where in the world, my man, how come we are made to believe this is only a Nigerian thing?
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
You guys are responding to my impersonators? Are you really giving this dude the time of day?

ROLMAO

grin
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS6: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
asha 80:

@.B.O.S.S.
so you think i cannot differentiate between you (.B.O.S.S.) and B.O.S.S.

You are a huge joke.

you must think i give a damn about what you think, that is if you do anything called thinking at all.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by BOSS7: 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
i_dumb:

Economic in equlaity exists every where in the world, my man, how come we are made to believe this is only a Nigerian thing?
Mr dumb, what else do you have to say? Stay in Nigeria and support the inequality in the case of daft patriotism. I beg comot for road.
Re: Running Nigeria On Generators by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Some of the people making millions everyday in Nigeria
. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiola's Son Is A Fraudstar, Arrested By Police / Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA / Tinubu Praises Awo And Other African Statesmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.