Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,755 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:57 AM

Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat (58439 Views)

Fetish Objects At APC Secretariat In Ondo / Budget Padding:Jibrin Arrives APC Headquarters 2 Face Disciplinary Committee(Pix / Dino Melaye: Lagos Lawmakers Besiege APC Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by pak: 8:01am On Apr 21, 2015
Though this story might be true (and I congratulate him, if it is)

but I have my reservations. .. . . .

He certainly doesn't look like someone that trekked 750km. By now, he should have lost so much weight and should be looking anaemic.

Two, he started when Buhari was announced winner (on May 1) and finished on April 20....a total of 19 days. Oh well that seems very far fetched for a such journey. Considering the 'heroic' welcomes he received in some cities along the way, emirs and all, his effective travel days must have been like 15 days. Now do I believe a human can complete 750km under scorching heat in 15 days - No.

To save us all the stress , he should have had some form of verification, GPS tracker, monitoring team etc.

Just my thoughts anyway, not intending to be the spoilsport

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by dwayni: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2015
tbaba1234:

A good friend of mine rode his bicycle across America to raise awareness when his mum was diagnosed of MS. He raised money from it, which was donated to charity.

It happens...

You said bicycle not walk. I rode bicyle from Texas down to Oklahoma for leukemia awareness.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by gbishman: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2015
its called mo pain no gain, stay focused and resilient in what ever u do and u will always succeed
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by onyiiella(f): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2015
Hahahah Hahahah oh my gosh very very funny
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by bakila: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2015
dam4sam:

I thought he said "If Buhari win, he will walk to Abuja"...... because he was routing for, hoping and believing Jonathan would win!

That he put his "feet" where his mouth is, ...is good but he is no fan of Buhari or APC.
Dont Capitalize on his vain-useless journey. It does not change anything.

I would rather "walk" to help the Homeless or Children suffering from Astuism.... than just some political misfiring! undecided
Oya start you walk. Otherwise keep quiet and put his picture on your chest everyday.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by ken13: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2015
TopWinner:
That must be Merlin, no change of clothes.

You want to start shouting, lol. Calm down, he's a HERO.
You just voiced my very thoughts. Logic at least should demand that we critically examine this 'feat'. Same red tops, black pants... all d way.?
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by 989900: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2015
pak:
Though this story might be true (and I congratulate him, if it is)

but I have my reservations. .. . . .

He certainly doesn't look like someone that trekked 750km. By now, he should have lost so much weight and should be looking anaemic.

Two, he started when Buhari was announced winner (on May 1) and finished on April 20....a total of 19 days. Oh well that seems very far fetched for a such journey. Considering the 'heroic' welcomes he received in some cities along the way, emirs and all, his effective travel days must have been like 15 days. Now do I believe a human can complete 750km under scorching heat in 15 days - No.

To save us all the stress , he should have had some form of verification, GPS tracker, monitoring team etc.

Just my thoughts anyway, not intending to be the spoilsport

Did you weigh him before and after?
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by SHAAWA: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2015
richidinho:
When did the guy arrived at okene
B4 connecting Lokoja enroute Gwagwalada and treking pass Zuba - Kubwa- Dutse before reaching my domain called Gwarinpa from there we can talk of APC Secretariat

*in Olu Jacob's voice** its all scam
Therefore **!donbilivit**

He didn't follow that route. He came via mokwa, lapai,suleja, route my brother saw him at madalla yesterday
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by 989900: 9:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Just before y'all kill yourselves over nothing, it is recommended that you take 10,000 steps a day which is roughly 7-8km/day . . . keeps you healthy.

Many working people, walk more than 10km everyday without even knowing it (just from one point to the other).

Some do 5km+ on treadmills daily 'fast-walking' (excluding other forms of walking they do daily sub-consciously).
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by alasboy4u(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Me I wan go track my own oh, I dey think whether na from Bayelsa to Abuja or na Kastina to Abuja I go treck my own self.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by dammytosh: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2015
MAN OF INTEGRITY and MAN OF HIS WORDS.

Not like GEJ who said no Second Term and carry Placard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by LUDALOOLO(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2015
Did notice he wore that red Polo throughout his journey?
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by SHAAWA: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2015
hush15:

while I admire his feat, it's still hard to believe that walked all through, non stop. cost even driving down, those lonely roads and all down narrow long bridges, he can't tell me he walked it all.

didn't he sleep along the way, cost it was only two days ago or so that they said he was in which state up north...

well congrats on for a new world record may e no be like say I dry beef you.

he trekked from 6am to 6pm daily. Stop, sleep, continue. spent 2days at suleja and treated his feet.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by thaoriginator: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2015
giantstrides:
This man seized the perfect moment to become famous, because anything associated with Buhari right now is news. Even the TANIANS can't do without mentioning him daily.

I'm waiting for the Taniod who will do this for GEJ, perhaps Temitemi will do this for his heroes GEJ or Fayose. Let's see how much welcome you will get...
temitemi1 should trek with no shoes from Abuja to Otuoke and let's see.. Or even Barcanista the loser.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by mercydaniel: 9:23am On Apr 21, 2015
all lies
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by Geedhey(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2015
waiting for his full narration of when and how he trekked. His point of stops and how come he looks clean all through all least we see people who do endurance walk on Tv there's a form of stress looking over their faces.. but this guy still looks so clean. I salute his bravery though but waiting for his full report. Maybe with Amanpour on CNN grin grin
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by temitemi1(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Wn I'm nt a mad man because treking that far is only meant for a confirm mad man grin grin
thaoriginator:
temitemi1 should trek with no shoes from Abuja to Otuoke and let's see.. Or even Barcanista the loser.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by SHAAWA: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2015
People failed to understand that he started his journey not for fame or fortune but in fulfillment of a vow. He did not set out to break any record. Besides if he was not used to the trekking he would have collapsed from the period people started monitoring him. Yesterday my brother saw him at madalla. I live in dei dei it takes me 40mins to reach my office in central area driving 80km/hr. can you imagine someone who is not use to trekking covering that distance? Besides ask contractors laying Glo/Mtn cables the hours these northern guys spend digging. You cannot take away the resilience of these northern youth.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by spencekat(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Somebody just allegedly walked from Lagos to Abuja or whatever and some people turned it into celebration.Nigerians are very funny people.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by johnnyblakes(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Minister for Endurance/trekking Suleiman Hashimu aka The traveler arrives at APC SECRETARIAT | WELL DONE!

"Thank u Nigerians. I arrived safely in Abuja as
promised.
SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI!"- D Traveler.
ok,who was with him to bear witness that he really trekked those lonely road?,I heard he works with a company,did he resign from d work before treking,my people make una use una brain na,can u trek for straight 10days? U can't trek from lagos to abuja in less than a month,haba even with drugs u can't,dat guy enter car for places where nobody knew him.stop decieving nigerians apc and their fans.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by Chanchit: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2015
Buhari1:

CONTINUE IN YOUR SLUMBER. PDP COWS.

THAT'S THE ONLY THING YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO BEST.
. Steeewpeed fhool. If no be say we dey same camp, I for say thunder fire Ur left eye.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by seangy4konji: 10:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Good one...

You can make it in Nigeria...

Just use your head and do something new....

SAI BUHARI...
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by thaoriginator: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2015
temitemi1:
Wn I'm nt a mad man because treking that far is only meant for a confirm mad man grin grin
grin wetin concern robot with far distance.. Just charge your battery full w with extra..
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by ihatesycophant(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2015
oladele97:
This guy matter tire me o....his he now an APC supporter heard in the first instance that his trekking cos he bet Buhari will not win. How com his he now a fans of GMB

Remove that "not" because he never say "not" but if he wins.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Excuse me o. But i think this his trekking is over hyped, probably because it was because of the election.Fulani nomads walk from the north and reach as far as lagos , to feed their cattle. And no one sees that as anything. sadWell, kudos to him, because i cant try that anyway.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by TopWinner(m): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2015
ken13:

You just voiced my very thoughts. Logic at least should demand that we critically examine this 'feat'. Same red tops, black pants... all d way.?
Maybe that was part of his promise, yeah?
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by oladele97: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2015
ihatesycophant:

Remove that "not" because he never say "not" but if he wins.

Come comot ham ur self
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by oladele97: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2015
mohince:
hmmm bad belle, if you vex go hugg transformer! Sai Buhari, sai hamisu for minister of Trekking affairs

Na ur senior brother u da rake for
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by oladele97: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2015
oseiwe:

ur head too correct jor, not minding ur english though cheesy

Cos ur u no da relax
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by Bonethugss: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Am I the only one who think this is alittle fishy.. a so called random person decides to walk from Lagos to Abuja and yet he get so much publicity.
Are u saying if I decide to do same I would be received by the president elects wife. Hmm. Nigeria need to act more believable scripts, I ain't falling for this one.
I applaud APC though, highly creative.
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by fxskye: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
M4gunners:
Don't believe at all. 336.26 miles about 541.18 kilometres he still dey shine eye so.All the wild animals along the road no see am? Na lie joor.He dey waka he still dey enter for Car.

It's ur opinion which is fine.

However, trekking Lagos to Abuja is possible. It's not out of place.

The man in question didn't make stringent terms like numbers of days/wks, that he would trek it non-stop, restrict himself to particular routes, walk all day n night.

With ur coordinates, GPS, map etc all these would aid d journey. Or u what to ask y his phone battery not flat? He would probably breaking his journey in towns, villages while he charges his battery.

Wild life animal n robbers? He might have not trek in d.
night.

We be heard about a Nigerian that rode a bike from SA to Lagos. Are u saying It's not possible?
Re: Suleiman Hashiemu Arrives APC Secretariat by seguntijan(m): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
It now becomes a joke 😀😀😀

Effects of Lagos to Abuja trekn
Boss: y did u get to work late
Worker: no brt, no bike no bus
Boss: som1 trekked frm Lagos to Abuja, U r fired...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / MIT Confirms Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Certificate / Photo: Fayose Takes Full Page Advert To Slam Buhari’s 6-month Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.