Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (826691 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (390) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
sam4774:
hi sorry for your wait but this december 11 application is it open work permit or spousal sponsorship for PR, cos that one is serious oohh.

Employer Specific Work Permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
blcoolfemol:
Oh! Nice. I requested for GCMS since July 16, up till now I am yet to get anything. I don't even know what's happening and what to do. I have mailed some MPs in my area. What's up at your end?

I ordered for GCMS notes last month August 11th am still waiting for it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
CIC, I hope you would also remember those that submitted application since January. Congrats to those approved or about to be approved.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
nochyks87:
CIC, I hope you would also remember those that submitted application since January. Congrats to those approved or about to be approved.

Hunnnnnnnn
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Akannitommy:
Following yesterday's update, we received medical request at 5:00am (Canadian time) this morning for our son who applied for visitor visa, along with the family (SOWP for wife and Study permit for older siblings). Any tips/plugs/slots on how to achieve this quickly? NB: his visa type was due to his age (under 2 years) while the others passed their own medicals same week as the application was submitted back in May.
Congrats brother i dey come downtown oooo for the celebration. Chai not easy.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajikaz2003(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Wow, congratulations to you and your family once again.

Akannitommy:

Following yesterday's update, we received medical request at 5:00am (Canadian time) this morning for our son who applied for visitor visa, along with the family (SOWP for wife and Study permit for older siblings). Any tips/plugs/slots on how to achieve this quickly? NB: his visa type was due to his age (under 2 years) while the others passed their own medicals same week as the application was submitted back in May.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Can you send the response you got for the rest?
You can blur important details , just want to see what it looks like .

Akannitommy:
Thanks guys. The thing just dey do me like magic. I have just received 3 emails from IRCC in respect of the travel exemption authorization that we applied for on 26th August. The one for my son (visitor) was approved (per email subject) while those for the rest says courtesy in the email title. All three emails says applications are in process and a decision will be communicated soonest while also saying if they need additional documents they will let me know. I think these are simply procedural but the feeling and vibes is definitely positive. Looking like its TGIF already!

NB: I have emailed Qlife and will do same for IOM shortly. I attached the medical request and passport for my son, as well as proof that the others have completed their medicals in May. We will explore and deploy all options. Will the house posted soonest!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
My person, we re here; I all so so optimistic that the floodgates of approvals will OPEN SOON. The September 20th Federal Elections will work in our favour; either before, or immediately after. Christmas in Canada is a done deal!

babybless44:
Mehn! I tap into your grace o.
Where is @SoFaithly? I’m seriously rooting for you o brother.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by euphorbia(f): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Yteem:

I reached out to an immigration consultant to ask and she said it does not apply to SOWP.

Also my thinking, reapplying just seems like one is going back to the back of the queue to me.

This update from @Akannitommy is also a confirmation that applications are being looked at. We just pray that they make it faster.
That information is actually on ircc website. What i dont understand is if i am to reapply for my kids.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Seen it also, but is it applicable to SOWP or just visitors visa?
euphorbia:

That information is actually on ircc website. What i dont understand is if i am to reapply for my kids.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by megastu(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Just a limited category of Visitors
Stonehenge83:
Seen it also, but is it applicable to SOWP or just visitors visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hi,

Sorry, I was just coming in from class. I will respond to your DM now.

Thanks.

Lianna2020:
Can you send the response you got for the rest?
You can blur important details , just want to see what it looks like .

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
lightswitch007:
My brother I just tire for IRCC, they can be weird these days. My country of residence wasn’t Nigeria, I didn’t apply from Nigeria, 98% my documents are not from Nigeria only police report thingy and property document proof. Still my application was sent to Nairobi. I just tire!

But your passport says Nigerian and you are submitting home ties to Nigeria with those property and police report.

In 2019, I submitted for my wife from Dubai, nothing from a Nigeria and it was sent to Abu Dhabi.

IRCC is a really unpredictable organization, we rely on grace and favor from God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
Amen! We shall all laugh soon.

SoFaithly:
My person, we re here; I all so so optimistic that the floodgates of approvals will OPEN SOON. The September 20th Federal Elections will work in our favour; either before, or immediately after. Christmas in Canada is a done deal!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
babybless44:
Amen! We shall all laugh soon.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hi all, is port of entry letter needed for visitors visa because I didn't receive the letter of introduction for my kids, only received for my spouse after visa stamp. Also for kids that enter Canada with visitors' visa, will they be issued study permit at the port of entry? thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 12:15am On Sep 11, 2021
kife:

But your passport says Nigerian and you are submitting home ties to Nigeria with those property and police report.

In 2019, I submitted for my wife from Dubai, nothing from a Nigeria and it was sent to Abu Dhabi.

IRCC is a really unpredictable organization, we rely on grace and favor from God.
it’s well. Hoping for the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Favoured30: 3:25am On Sep 11, 2021
Good day friends, please can anyone send me a sample of letter of explanation for Sowp, I will really appreciate because it is urgent, my email is infonancialhub@gmail.com. Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 1mobile: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
please house has anyone applied for open work permit visa through benedict omole?Please share your experience.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kaycherry: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hello Everyone...please is it appropriate to use a SOWP to birth a baby in Canada If my spouse is schooling there?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
I think the kids will be issued visitors permit since that's what they applied for.
They can swap to school once they are in.

queenG2020:
Hi all, is port of entry letter needed for visitors visa because I didn't receive the letter of introduction for my kids, only received for my spouse after visa stamp. Also for kids that enter Canada with visitors' visa, will they be issued study permit at the port of entry? thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2021
Still haven't received any advice yet, please my people ur opinion will help.

Hello all , please am new to the group. Pls my people I need an advise,I just got my student visa and am trying to summit my husband's SOWP application online.

Pls can this affect my visa since am yet to get my study permit which I was informed that it be given at the point of entry.

The plan is for us to travel together by December hopefully

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2021
hi, my humble opinion. SWOP is taking a lot of time now so the sooner you submit the application the better, however waiting till december may not be the best idea. how about you apply ASAP, leave in a month so you can get the study permit and SIN, gather a semesters worth of result and arrange accommodation and other important things down and upload all of them via webform as additional documents to prove you are a genuine student. everybody on this timeline has been waiting quite a while for SWOP, personally i have been waiting since May and there are ppl still a bit worse. may it all end in praise for all of us.

Erudensi:

Hello all , please am new to the group. Pls my people I need an advise,I just got my student visa and am trying to summit my husband's SOWP application online.

Pls can this affect my visa since am yet to get my study permit which I was informed that it be given at the point of entry.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by registration(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2021
It won't affect but I doubt yall can travel because of the processing time but you can go ahead and submit and then pray.
Erudensi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ikemummy(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Greetings everyone. I am an international student in Canada and about to apply for open work permit for my spouse and visitior visa for my child. Can I use my GCKEY to apply for them or do I have to create a new GCKEY using my spouse details? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
I will also support that you go ahead and apply since you mentioned your husband and not children - so am assuming there are no kids yet, right? If there are kids and you are starting in the Fall 2021 then I would say wait until you arrive in Canada before you apply for them all. But also depending on several things like age of kid(s), term of first enrollment (whether Fall 2021 or Winter 2022), commencement in-person or online before arrival etc, you may need to apply now and then send additional documents upon landing. The earlier you apply or travel the better for the application processing. Give yourself between 3 to 4 months for the application processing considering the current timelines. It shall end in praises.

Erudensi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
I and most people I know created a totally new GCKEY for spouse then add the kids on to that account. I have also heard but not seen a few people said it is possible to use your own as well. What I have done is what I can comment on so I would say just create another for your spouse and do this as if it was them doing it from Nigeria. Best of luck

ikemummy:
Greetings everyone. I am an international student in Canada and about to apply for open work permit for my spouse and visitior visa for my child. Can I use my GCKEY to apply for them or do I have to create a new GCKEY using my spouse details? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifec20ive: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
I will also support that you go ahead and apply since you mentioned your husband and not children - so am assuming there are no kids yet, right? If there are kids and you are starting in the Fall 2021 then I would say wait until you arrive in Canada before you apply for them all. But also depending on several things like age of kid(s), term of first enrollment (whether Fall 2021 or Winter 2022), commencement in-person or online before arrival etc, you may need to apply now and then send additional documents upon landing. The earlier you apply or travel the better for the application processing. Give yourself between 3 to 4 months for the application processing considering the current timelines. It shall end in praises.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifec20ive: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
I recently heard of holiday work permit which is a two years Visa, can anybody elaborate on it please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ifec20ive:
I recently heard of holiday work permit which is a two years Visa, can anybody elaborate on it please?

Nigerians are not qualify for that
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ikemummy(m): 3:31am On Sep 14, 2021
Thank you very much for your response.
Akannitommy:
I and most people I know created a totally new GCKEY for spouse then add the kids on to that account. I have also heard but not seen a few people said it is possible to use your own as well. What I have done is what I can comment on so I would say just create another for your spouse and do this as if it was them doing it from Nigeria. Best of luck

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2021
Thanks so much all for your advice, really appreciate. No kids yet.

Regards,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (390) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.