Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,138 members, 7,887,294 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:07 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (833064 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Lianna2020:
Sorry for bothering you with questions, how do you know your file is with Nairobi?
sure no problem, I sent a webform adding my upfront medicals few days after I got this “ “Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, we invite you to also contact them in order to: Report important changes, Provide documents, Add a representative or designated individual on file, Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or Enquire on an outcome to a request". when I emailed Nairobi they confirmed my document is with them.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2021
Okay thanks

Please look at this, is it a template reply or something.
Don’t understand them
lightswitch007:
sure no problem, I sent a webform adding my upfront medicals few days after I got this “ “Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, we invite you to also contact them in order to: Report important changes, Provide documents, Add a representative or designated individual on file, Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or Enquire on an outcome to a request". when I emailed Nairobi they confirmed my document is with them.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 2:29am On Sep 03, 2021
Lianna2020:
I received this email as a response to my written authorization email.
I’m guessing it’s system response or what do y’all think

Hi Lianna,
I got thesame message when I applied for exemption letters for my family, since your application is still in progress, they won't send you the exemption letter. I assumed they already approved your authorization but waiting for final decision on your application before they release the letter. In our case, I got these letters for my spouse and kids on July 31, visa got approved August 12 and authorization letters for my kids were sent thesame day but I noticed that the authorization letters issued date was July 31st, same day I got this letter you have now. I also think this letter will make them work faster on your applications because I found Rapid Response Operation on the authorization letters.
NB: My spouse exemption letter was issued today.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:06am On Sep 03, 2021
Lianna2020:
Okay thanks

Please look at this, is it a template reply or something.
Don’t understand them
I honestly don't know. I applied for travel exemption for TRV on Aug 22nd I only got an acknowledgment letter. Still waiting for an update
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:08am On Sep 03, 2021
queenG2020:

Hi Lianna,
I got thesame message when I applied for exemption letters for my family, since your application is still in progress, they won't send you the exemption letter. I assumed they already approved your authorization but waiting for final decision on your application before they release the letter. In our case, I got these letters for my spouse and kids on July 31, visa got approved August 12 and authorization letters for my kids were sent thesame day but I noticed that the authorization letters issued date was July 31st, same day I got this letter you have now. I also think this letter will make them work faster on your applications because I found Rapid Response Operation on the authorization letters.
Hi queenG2020, if I may ask, is it ok to apply for travel authorization or travel exemption while Sowp is still in progress and SP hasn't gone to Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2021
Thanks for responding, I’d keep the house updated
queenG2020:

Hi Lianna,

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Same here.

lightswitch007:
I honestly don't know. I applied for travel exemption for TRV on Aug 22nd I only got an acknowledgment letter. Still waiting for an update

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2021
Akannitommy:
Same here.

It is well. God help us.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
lightswitch007:
Hi queenG2020, if I may ask, is it ok to apply for travel authorization or travel exemption while Sowp is still in progress and SP hasn't gone to Canada.

I'm not sure if this is possible because travel exemption is either based on family reunification or compassionate reason for you you to join your family member already living in Canada. In my own case, it was a family reunification.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
queenG2020:

I'm not sure if this is possible because travel exemption is either based on family reunification or compassionate reason for you you to join your family member already living in Canada. In my own case, it was a family reunification.

Ah ok thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
I have someone that hasn’t gone to ca yet that requested for written authorization for her child and she got the above screenshot so don’t be discouraged.
Mp told her it’s been attached august 25 and ircc replied her with the same email I got as well on 30th of august and she’s still in Nigeria .

I think everything depends on the content of the letter sent and how emotional it is .
lightswitch007:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adwal2020: 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hi,
Are you able to travel without the SOWP holder having a written authorization letter?
To update you, I requested one for my wife since IRCC only sent for my children (received in my children's GCkey account).
IRCC responded a few minutes ago, stating that the application is approved.
The content in the email tally with what was stated in the letter that was issued to my children.
Her name is boldly written in the body of the letter and stated that the decision (approval) had been documented in "Canada's Global Case Management System" and valid for only three months.
Thanks.

Eilenora:
Pls guys does a SOWP holder require a written authorization to fly to Canada? Cos I just spoke to IRCC and they said yes he does and sent me a follow up email to that effect. We don buy ticket already o. Did anyone fly recently with a SOWP? Was authorization required at the airport?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2021
Lianna2020:
I have someone that hasn’t gone to ca yet that requested for written authorization for her child and she got the above screenshot so don’t be discouraged.
Mp told her it’s been attached august 25 and ircc replied her with the same email I got as well on 30th of august and she’s still in Nigeria .

I think everything depends on the content of the letter sent and how emotional it is .
thank you Lianna. This is encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
After a successful visa application and 2 refusals for request for written authorization, 2nd being a day to hubby's flight, my husband finally made it in on the 2nd September, on his SOWP. Call to IRCC Canada about enquiries for written authorization (WA) told me that he needs it, a subsequent email followed up after the call. Enquiry email to all IRCC offices: Nairobi office corroborated what IRCC said, that SOWP holder needs a WA. What saved the day was a response from the London Office 7 hours to his flight that a SOWP holder does not require a WA or any other supporting documents from IRCC to come into Canada. See confusion from different branches of the same office!. Hubby immediately rushed to do covid test at 4pm (flight was 10pm)! Flashed the letter in their faces and was allowed to board. POE Canada was a breeze and no mention was made about the previous refusals. Just happy to all be reunited again after 9 months. All the best to those still waiting. God will come through speedily for you as well IJN

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Eilenora:
After a successful visa application and 2 refusals for request for written authorization, 2nd being a day to hubby's flight, my husband finally made it in on the 2nd September, on his SOWP. Call to IRCC Canada about enquiries for written authorization (WA) told me that he needs it, a subsequent email followed up after the call. Enquiry email to all IRCC offices: Nairobi office corroborated what IRCC said, that SOWP holder needs a WA. What saved the day was a response from the London Office 7 hours to his flight that a SOWP holder does not require a WA or any other supporting documents from IRCC to come into Canada. See confusion from different branches of the same office!. Hubby immediately rushed to do covid test at 4pm (flight was 10pm)! Flashed the letter in their faces and was allowed to board. POE Canada was a breeze and no mention was made about the previous refusals. Just happy to all be reunited again after 9 months. All the best to those still waiting. God will come through speedily for you as well IJN
Thank God. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2021
Congratulations
Eilenora:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opeyemi04(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello everyone I want to apply for Canada spouse visa anyone here please should put me through

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
Congratulations!

Eilenora:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
congratulations are in order, thanks for all the updates and for the detailed explanation of your timeline, we tap into your blessing and Canada will yield its favour to you and yours.

Eilenora:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2021
Congratulations!

Eilenora:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by euphorbia(f): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
Eilenora:
After a successful visa application and 2 refusals for request for written authorization, 2nd being a day to hubby's flight, my husband finally made it in on the 2nd September, on his SOWP.
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by viviangogos(f): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Congratulations to you and tour family. Thanks for the detailed timeline( I have been following all your timelines). And rooting for you for the SP extension.. all the best

Eilenora:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2021
Eilenora:

Big congratulations to you and yours. The Land of Canada will favour you all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hi,

Quick question. I emailed the MP in my area but yet to get a response. While I await a response, I wanted to ask if it is okay to email the MP covering my school too or not?

Thanks all.

Lianna2020:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2021
It doesn’t matter I think, mp na mp.
just be praying that they assist to ask ircc about your app instead their generic response due to the afghanistan issue.

I equally emailed my mp and waiting for response as well.
Akannitommy:
Hi,

Quick question. I emailed the MP in my area but yet to get a response. While I await a response, I wanted to ask if it is okay to email the MP covering my school too or not?

Thanks all.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
Thanks.

Lianna2020:
It doesn’t matter I think, mp na mp.
just be praying that they assist to ask ircc about your app instead their generic response due to the afghanistan issue.

I equally emailed my mp and waiting for response as well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello all , please am new to the group. Pls my people I need an advise,I just got my student visa and am trying to support my husband's SOWP online.

Please can someone forward me a sample letter of intent to amuleyaaugustine@gmail.com and also is it possible to travel together?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Erudensi(f): 4:24pm
Hello all , please am new to the group. Pls my people I need an advise,I just got my student visa and am trying to summit my husband's SOWP online.

Please can someone forward me a sample letter of intent to amuleyaaugustine@gmail.com and also is it possible to travel together since am still here in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello all , please am new to the group. Pls my people I need an advise,I just got my student visa and am trying to summit my husband's SOWP online.

Please can someone forward me a sample letter of intent to amuleyaaugustine@gmail.com and also is it possible to travel together since am still here in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
Please my people help a sister
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
Actually no one here is an employee of IRCC, we can only share our experiences and thoughts. Anyone can apply for anything and at anytime, but increasing our chances of success is why we are here. I am actually not an advocate of people applying for SOWP before the primary applicant travels and obtain study permit.

Erudensi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jideks: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello all,
Please How do I apply for exemption to travel based on family reunification?
I need someone who has applied to put me through.
Thank you all so much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (391) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.