Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,811 members, 7,893,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (835607 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by favourdamsel: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ekwueme Ekwueme, God is great. So happy for you ooh. Congratulations on your hubby SOWP.
SweetJJ:
Hello all, finally my husband's SOWP came in. It can only be Jehovah God, the almighty! I am going to see my family after close to a year!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ketima: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
SweetJJ:
Hello all, finally my husband's SOWP came in. It can only be Jehovah God, the almighty! I am going to see my family after close to a year!

Congratulations sweetJJ. Don't worry, when they come, 1 year will just be like 1 day. So happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobsyga(m): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
SweetJJ:
Congratulations!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
SweetJJ:
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2022
Congratulations
SweetJJ:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:57am On Aug 20, 2022
Eggovic:

I booked with Wakanow and I've changed my date twice now without any hassles
They have changed then.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:59am On Aug 20, 2022
SweetJJ:

Lols congratulations. Me i left nigeria august 3rd last year. Didnt see my family until dec 25th i flew in back. Since january i only do zoom. Lols so i really understand how it feels

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedia22: 3:45am On Aug 20, 2022
Hello,

Please I need your thought on my husband's application. I am a student in Canada hence we applied for sowp for hubby although i was not married when i applied for study permit. We applied for his sowp with all documents needed but they requested for additional documents "proof of relationship". Anyways, this is the summary of progress so far, please tell me what you think about it cos I am loosing my patience:

Date submitted; March 22, 2022
Biometrics: March 23...
Additional document request: July 13, 2022
Review of additional document started: August 5,2022
Additional document status changed to "Not Applicable" same day, August 5, 2022

Please what does " Not applicable" mean and with your expertise abeg when do you think we might receive a response. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedia22: 3:50am On Aug 20, 2022
Hello,

Please I need your thought on my husband's application. I am a student in Canada hence we applied for sowp for hubby although i was not married when i applied for study permit. We applied for his sowp with all documents needed but they requested for additional documents "proof of relationship". Anyways, this is the summary of progress so far, please tell me what you think about it cos I am loosing my patience:

Upfront medical passed: July 22,2022

Please what does " Not applicable" mean and with your expertise, please when do you think we might receive a response. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:50am On Aug 20, 2022
adedia22:
Hello,

Please what does " Not applicable" mean and with your expertise abeg when do you think we might receive a response. Thanks

Which document did you send to them?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedia22: 5:16am On Aug 20, 2022
skull4eva:

Which document did you send to them?

Marriage certificate, chats, call logs messages, pictures...Every proof possible

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 6:52am On Aug 20, 2022
@adedia

Since IRCC asked for additional documents, chances are high your application will be approved.

Just ensure you provide as many documents as possible. Wedding pictures, pictures with families, pictures with in-laws, pre-wedding pictures, joint accounts, joint property, rent receipts showing both names, any documents showing both names, etc

Good luck!

adedia22:
Hello,

Upfront medical passed: July 22,2022

Please what does " Not applicable" mean and with your expertise, please when do you think we might receive a response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 7:05am On Aug 20, 2022
My suggestion is that people should ensure to purchase travel tickets directly from the airlines. Why buy from a go-between when you can buy directly?

The Internet and use of online platforms has made everything easier today.

There are cases where some fraudulent travel agents (I am not saying all of them) purportedly purchased air tickets on behalf of passengers, but failed to remit money to the airlines on their internal payment platforms. Whenever there were issues, the airlines disowned such travel agents.

Eggovic:

I booked with Wakanow and I've changed my date twice now without any hassles

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2022
Good day all,
Please who knows of its possible to start my baby(2month old) visit visa application with the printout given during capturing and then upload passport when its ready via webform?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeffi7: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
Good evening all, for SOWP application, what reasons should I give the VO when writting SOP as the purpose of visit.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
Jeffi7:
Good evening all, for SOWP application, what reasons should I give the VO when writting SOP as the purpose of visit.

Family Reunification, provide morale and emotional support to spouse while they study,

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sweetness24:
Good day all,
Please who knows of its possible to start my baby(2month old) visit visa application with the printout given during capturing and then upload passport when its ready via webform?

Do you know when likely the passport will be out? You can risk it sha. We did something similar during my husband's application. His passport got lost in January and was still in process when we reapplied in April. We applied with the old passport number and immediately the new passport came out in May, we uploaded the data page and send webform to replace the old passport with the new passport.
You can try it if, you are sure the passport will come out very fast. Also does the number on the slip look like the real passport number? If not you have to wait, maybe apply for the spouse alone and when you get the passport you can add the baby.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2022
skull4eva:

Lols congratulations. Me i left nigeria august 3rd last year. Didnt see my family until dec 25th i flew in back. Since january i only do zoom. Lols so i really understand how it feels

From the mp inquiry I did, which came in after my husband's ppr was released. His visa was approved since 27th of July with my kids visa. The VO just wickedly refused to send the PPR. But it's all good though. I have been doing video calls with them but it just cannot be the same as physically being together.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by khosen: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
Omg.. Na wa o
SweetJJ:

From the mp inquiry I did, which came in after my husband's ppr was released. His visa was approved since 27th of July with my kids visa. The VO just wickedly refused to send the PPR. But it's all good though. I have been doing video calls with them but it just cannot be the same as physically being together.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:45am On Aug 21, 2022
adedia22:

Marriage certificate, chats, call logs messages, pictures...Every proof possible

God and be thaking God jare you application go pure

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dan1936: 4:24am On Aug 21, 2022
Hello,

Please I applied for SOWP and IRCC asked me to do medical. I have done the medical and it shows passed on my portal.

How long will it take before final approval and passport request?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 4:41am On Aug 21, 2022
Dan1936:
Hello,

Please I applied for SOWP and IRCC asked me to do medical. I have done the medical and it shows passed on my portal.

Soon! Ranging from few days to a few weeks and at most a few months. Keep positive, it will come sooner, they are responding fast these days. I wish you had done the medical upfront, by now it will be PPR straight up. In any case, hope for the best soon!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Babsultimate(f): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2022
Hi adedia22,

please could you help with the list of all the documents you submitted cos my application is also at this stage.

Also I'll like to know how I can export our whatsapp call history to be added to the additional documents.

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hi everyone, for someone who wants to apply for SOWP how much can you show as POF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
What documents should I submit for my SOWP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by marystan: 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Please, I am looking to apply for study permit for a one year course.

I want my husband to accompany me too..

I have two kids. Please, what's the best way to proceed?

Please, someone should please guide.

And is it advisable to apply together?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dan1936:
Hello,

Just keep mailing them. It can take days weeks or months.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
Emotionz:
Hi everyone, for someone who wants to apply for SOWP how much can you show as POF

POF depends on the number of people accompaning the principal applicant
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
Emotionz:
What documents should I submit for my SOWP

Good back some few pages someone posted it recently
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
marystan:
Please, I am looking to apply for study permit for a one year course.

I want my husband to accompany me too..

I have two kids. Please, what's the best way to proceed?

Please, someone should please guide.

And is it advisable to apply together?

Depends on alot of things, proof of funds, reason for your husband accompanying u. And your intentions. But sincerely one year course and your husband and kids accompanying you shows your clear intentions of leaving nigeria to the vo

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 5:15am On Aug 22, 2022
skull4eva:

Good back some few pages someone posted it recently

What if the applicants spouse is on WORK PERMIT, not STUDY PERMIT. what documents should be submitted. Is proof of fund POF still required?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2022
keleto:

What if the applicants spouse is on WORK PERMIT, not STUDY PERMIT. what documents should be submitted. Is proof of fund POF still required?[color=#006600][/color]

Yes it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (391) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.