Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (838103 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 7:01am On Oct 26, 2022
You guys should have waited to get your stamped passport back. ….Max 7days, the passport is back and u don’t need passport to book medicals …so book his medicals now…

There must be a scan copy of his passport, I think it’s just passport number they will need to book…

He only need passport to do medicals not book Medicals…

Book, before the date he is given, his passport will be back

Answer mails, Nairobi nor go answer but are quick to change already approved request to processing…

Pls go and book the medical ASAP…

LadyBlaq:
Thank you All.

UPDATE!!!
Before any reply came in here, I replied the mail that he will retake the medicals on 21st Nov as I got an appointment for that day at Lagos. I booked flight for 8th December. He needs to take care of important things so he can't travel earlier than 23rd November.

He also sent his Passport to the Visa office already in Lagos.

Meanwhile, we received a mail this morning telling us to disregard the PP request and to send his medicals to be updated and PP request sent again once he does his medicals.

He needs the passport to take his medicals so i sent a mail asking if his passport will be returned asap with no visa? Waiting for the reply.

will update as soon as i can. The passport request is still there, but the status has changed to 'we are process....', and they sent a medical request letter. Meanwhile, I will check to see if can see an earlier date for medicals but he needs the passport. I dont know what will happen.

I am updating this just in case anybody finds him/herself in similar situation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
gaeul:
You guys should have waited to get your stamped passport back. ….Max 7days, the passport is back and u don’t need passport to book medicals …so book his medicals now…

There must be a scan copy of his passport, I think it’s just passport number they will need to book…

He only need passport to do medicals not book Medicals…

Book, before the date he is given, his passport will be back

Answer mails, Nairobi nor go answer but are quick to change already approved request to processing…

Pls go and book the medical ASAP…

Seriously my sister , I shouldn't have replied that mail, over excitement caused it.

So we cancelled the medical appointment at IOM Lagos for 21st and booked an earlier date for 2nd Nov.

We have sent mails to VFS telling them to hasten the return of his passport so he can do his medicals since it won't be stamped.
VFS sent a vague reply this morning saying his passport isn't ready for pickup. Meanwhile if got to Abuja since on Monday, I wonder what they are doing with it if it's not going to be stamped.

We are patiently praying and waiting, hopefully, it comes back before 2nd of November.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kroy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Any update on your application? I didn't see your post after u got update

jogojogo:
Friends, is there any positives in this response from IRCC?
What is the implication here please?

[b]Good day and thank you for your email enquiry and contacting the Migration Section.

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is in queue for processing, and will be processed according to the receipt date.

Processing times have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic and are not accurate on our website. To this effect, we are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouse’s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouse’s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)

Note that continually emailing requesting the status of your application will not result in expedited processing.

Regards,[/b]

Eligibilty Review started two weeks ago but that was not mentioned in this response

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kroy(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
You can do your medical with a copy of ur passport. You only need a doctor ascent on it at the IOM office

LadyBlaq:

Seriously my sister , I shouldn't have replied that mail, over excitement caused it.

So we cancelled the medical appointment at IOM Lagos for 21st and booked an earlier date for 2nd Nov.

We have sent mails to VFS telling them to hasten the return of his passport so he can do his medicals since it won't be stamped.
VFS sent a vague reply this morning saying his passport isn't ready for pickup. Meanwhile if got to Abuja since on Monday, I wonder what they are doing with it if it's not going to be stamped.

We are patiently praying and waiting, hopefully, it comes back before 2nd of November.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
kroy:
You can do your medical with a copy of ur passport. You only need a doctor ascent on it at the IOM office

Really?? I have never heard of this before. That would really be a big burden off our shoulders if this is true.

Are you certain about this? Can you elucidate more on the doctor's ascent? I don't quite understand that please.

My fellow nairalanders, is this true?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Don't stress yourself...The visa has already be given, it's just the timing, that's all...Nov 2nd is cool
LadyBlaq:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kroy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
When you get there, request to see a doctor and explain your situation

LadyBlaq:

Really?? I have never heard of this before. That would really be a big burden off our shoulders if this is true.

Are you certain about this? Can you elucidate more on the doctor's ascent? I don't quite understand that please.

My fellow nairalanders, is this true?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ITWizzy: 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
teelady:
Update, Just got my medical updated to pass after 2month of review for the sowp... This wait thou,

Any update on your kid visa?

I'm new here..

Application submitted: July 21st
PPR: September 26th

I do not have other details as it was handled by my lawyer. There is no word on our second daughter application yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ITWizzy: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2022
skull4eva:

Google search vsf global you will see their email. I will check my mail when am done with work?

i want to send an email to ircc about my daughter's application.

i need an advise if this is the right thing to do because we hired a lawyer to help with the application and he charges extra for every email sent. Can i send an email myself, how do i reference the application as i have no single detail about it except our stamped passports which arrived a few days ago. It's exactly 4weeks and no words on my daughter's visa yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ITWizzy: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tydot29:
Its PPR time.

I submitted application for SOWP for myself and study for my 2 kids on January 25.

May 5th my SOWP was approved but nothing for the children. On my application it shows background check and eligibility as on going and the final decision is your application is approved. They have also sent the letter that i should send my passport for the visa.

Please what can i do to make the children's application be released on time.
We have all done our medicals.

Thanks.

Congratulations! This is exactly my situation and my last daughter’s application is still pending. any news yet on your kid? If yes? Was there anything you did?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Hello! Do you think it is right for me to use my profile for his SOWP application this time? I opened a new profile for him for visitor's visa.

Also, i finished my studies this month already. Though my stud permit is expiring December, my enrolment letter says my study will be complete by August, 2022. Does is still make sense to apply for SOWP for my husband?

Currently in a similar situation. Can I DM please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by buzzme: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2022
@hazzaman, just conference three of us. I am also in the same situation.

hazzaman:

Currently in a similar situation. Can I DM please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ITWizzy: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
SweetJJ:
Guys I am officially tired, please apart from waiting what else would you suggest and advise. My kids has gotten PPR since last week Tuesday, my husband's BVL dropped on Wednesday the following day, but until now, no PPR. Have been sending mails and webform yet no response whatsoever. Sent the kids passport for stamping yesterday (probably it will make them look at the file). What do Y'all suggest to be the next step?

Congratulation on your kids PPR... Any luck on your hubby yet? there is no update on my 9monthold for a month now...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teelady(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2022
Nothing yet, still waiting
ITWizzy:

Any update on your kid visa?

I'm new here..

Application submitted: July 21st
PPR: September 26th

I do not have other details as it was handled by my lawyer. There is no word on our second daughter application yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by amblessed2021: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hello,
Please help, I am new here.
I am already in Canada; my husband and the kids are in Nigeria. my kids got there PPR yesterday, and we sent the Passport through Abuja for stamping, but they returned it sighting content short. Please I don't understand this. Are they supposed to pay for logistics/any fee they supposed to pay? who has experienced this before?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
amblessed2021:
Hello,
Please help, I am new here.
I am already in Canada; my husband and the kids are in Nigeria. my kids got there PPR yesterday, and we sent the Passport through Abuja for stamping, but they returned it sighting content short. Please I don't understand this. Are they supposed to pay for logistics/any fee they supposed to pay? who has experienced this before?

If they did not do biometrics due to their age then you are meant to pay transmission fee for each child. I also paid sms fee in addition which was just a little amount for avoidance of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by amblessed2021: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Thanks for your response. Please I want to DM
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
amblessed2021:
Thanks for your response. Please I want to DM

Send me a mail
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Solidprof: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
Good afternoon my fellow Nairalanders...

Trust we are all doing great.

I am trying to apply for a SOWP and there is this Family information form IMM5707, which after filling, I could not type in my name on page 2 of the form. SO, I decided to print the form, and filled my name on page 2. After which, I attached it to the rest of the documents I intend to upload for the FAMILY INFORMATION section. Does anyone has an idea if this is OK - that is printing out the form to add an information, scanning and attaching to other documents thereafter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blueyuchay: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Please can you explain how to apply with same gckey. Thanks
AKANLE2:
PPR ALERT in 2 months (SOWP plus Study Permit for my 3 kids)

I want to give all glory to the Almighty God who can only do this. I did not do anything special except to pray daily to God using the book of John 14:13-14. He is indeed the Almighty. My timeline is stated below:

Application Submitted: May 6, 2022
Biometric s date: May 17,2022
Medical Request: June 16,2022
Medical Done at Qlife: June 30,2022
Medical updated as pass: July 6, 2022
PPR for Spouse(OWP) and 3 kids(SPP): July 8,2022

I used same GCkey that I used for my Study visa last year. I didn't create new GCkey for my family Application .
All glory to God who showed me mercy.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
proof of study (enrolment letter, transcript, tuition receipt)
proof of relationship ( marriage certificate, enough pictures)
study leave and employee introduction letter
wife certificate( she has only NCE).

I entered Canada in January 18, 2022. PGD Student(2 years program).

It can only be God, Halleluyah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zurryland: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
It's PPR guyssss.Yes I know i announced it here some days ago but happiness carry me go where i no know.lol.
To God be the glory great things HE has done..
So,we started this journey in June,2021....Hubby left Nigeria to canada for his 1year PGD..And we were like max in 3months ,we would join him.hmmmm
So he did the 1st semester for 3months and we applied in SEPT,2021 and children of God,the WAIT started..My kids and i did the upfront medicals in August 2021 bfr we submitted our application..
Every disappointment they say,is a huge blessing in disguise.We waited from Sept 2021 till July 2022.Omo,i was practically counting days.please note in all.of these,Hubbys grad was in June 2022 but study permit would be expired by August 2022.
We prayed...We fasted..We called on God and he answered!!!
Hubby applied fr his PGWP and he got a response and was offered 3years..3 whole years for a 1year PGD program.
August 4th,we got a mail from IRCC that hubby should update if his Job is a Noc O,A or B..
Fastforward,he's done with school and had started work!!!!!
We danced like David danced cos he has a NOC A job.
AUGUST 20TH,our medicals from 2021 expired and that same day we got medical request.come and see jubilation in my family.
So i quickly booked our medicals with Qlife and on Sept 20th our medical was passed.
ON THE GLORIOUS MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 27TH 2022,THE EAGLE LANDED...
NOW guess what They sent medical request again for my 2 kids.I was shouting for joy and thinking same time.
So we started sending webforms to them that the kids already did their medicals.it was the longest 2weeks EVER.OCTOBER 12TH their medical was passed and October 21st the eagle landed.
I just want to encourage someone out here that God is real...I look at my visa I see till 2025 as a work.permit holder!!!!!.Study permits for my kids.
It was a loooooong wait ..1year and 17days for me....
P.s..We submitted all the submittables and it finally ended in super praises....

LANDING GIST IN A FEW!!!
Canada your girl is cominggggggggg

24 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by buzzme: 1:10am On Oct 29, 2022
News we love to hear… Congratulations. May Canada favour you and your family.

zurryland:
It's PPR guyssss.Yes I know i announced it here some days ago but happiness carry me go where i no know.lol.
So,we started this journey in June,2021....Hubby left Nigeria to canada for his 1year PGD..And we were like max in 3months ,we would join him.hmmmm
So he did the 1st semester for 3months and we applied in SEPT,2021 and children of God,the WAIT started..My kids and i did the upfront medicals in August 2021 bfr we submitted our application..
Every disappointment they say,is a huge blessing in disguise.We waited from Sept 2021 till July 2022.Omo,i was practically counting days.please note in all.of these,Hubbys grad was in June 2022 but study permit would be expired by August 2022.
Hubby applied fr his PGWP and he got a response and was offered 3years..3 whole years for a 1year PGD program.
August 4th,we got a mail from IRCC that hubby should update if his Job is a Noc O,A or B..
AUGUST 20TH,our medicals from 2021 expired and that same day we got medical request.come and see jubilation in my family.
So i quickly booked our medicals with Qlife and on Sept 20th our medical was passed.
NOW guess what They sent medical request again for my 2 kids.I was shouting for joy and thinking same time.
So we started sending webforms to them that the kids already did their medicals.it was the longest 2weeks EVER.OCTOBER 12TH their medical was passed and October 21st the eagle landed.
I just want to encourage someone out here that God is real...I look at my visa I see till 2025 as a work.permit holder!!!!!.Study permits for my kids.
P.s..We submitted all the submittables and it finally ended in super praises....

LANDING GIST IN A FEW!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 2:27am On Oct 29, 2022
zurryland:
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2022
buzzme:
News we love to hear… Congratulations. May Canada favour you and your family.

That job saved the day.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
zurryland:

LANDING GIST IN A FEW!!!

Wow. Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by digits234: 7:02am On Oct 31, 2022
Hey guys, please I need some answers and guide here.

I applied for SP (Without my then pregnant wife and two kids) and got approved. Four days later, our baby came. In my application or SOP, I never mentioned that my wife was pregnant.

Now, I plan to apply for SOWP for my wife and SP for my two kids + the baby, in December/January as I've been in Canada for a month now. My questions are;

1) How much POF is required
2) Can I show the POF from the same bank account I used for my SP application?
3) Does my wife need to show a substantial amount in her bank account? or just any amount would do?
4) Can not mentioning about expecting a baby be interpreted as misrepresentation?
5) What documents do we need for this application?
6) Do they need upfront medicals and/or Police Character Cert?
7) Do I need to write another SOP, or this time my wife?
cool Would I need to apply from my portal (New IRCC portal) for them? Or Open a new GCKey account for them?

I understand these are alot of questions, but any advice regarding this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks so much guys.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2022
digits234:
Hey guys, please I need some answers and guide here.

I applied for SP (Without my then pregnant wife and two kids) and got approved. Four days later, our baby came. In my application or SOP, I never mentioned that my wife was pregnant.

Now, I plan to apply for SOWP for my wife and SP for my two kids + the baby, in December/January as I've been in Canada for a month now. My questions are;

1) How much POF is required
2) Can I show the POF from the same bank account I used for my SP application?
3) Does my wife need to show a substantial amount in her bank account? or just any amount would do?
4) Can not mentioning about expecting a baby be interpreted as misrepresentation?
5) What documents do we need for this application?
6) Do they need upfront medicals and/or Police Character Cert?
7) Do I need to write another SOP, or this time my wife?
cool Would I need to apply from my portal (New IRCC portal) for them? Or Open a new GCKey account for them?

I understand these are alot of questions, but any advice regarding this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks so much guys.

I’ll try to answer to the best of my knowledge which I’ll describe as common knowledge you can find here or on IRCC website if you search.

POF would be determined by your duration of stay and family size, on IRCC website it shows below:
Primary applicant - $10000
First Dependent - $4000
Then all next dependents - $3000 (in your case $3000*3 = $9000)
That brings you to minimum of $23,000 CAD per year!

2) Yes, you can use the same bank account as long as the funds suffice to cover the cost of your tuition for the remainder years and the cost of living as stated above

3) Your wife doesn’t need to, she’s a dependent! If she has to show, it is an added benefit.

4) Mentioning that a baby has just joined is not misrepresentation, you can always update your profile with the added bundle of joy, congratulations on the new born.

5) All required documentation will be listed when you start the application; there is no harm in starting the application to see what you need. Have the birth certificates of the kids, their international passport and digital photos handy. The other supporting documents will be similar to what you have already to show home ties.

6) Police report is not required, they perform their independent criminality check based on the data you submitted, you can add it just to satisfy yourself if you have gut feelings about it. Also yes I would always advice upfront medical, it saves time when required.

7) Yes you will need an SOP for your spouse, keep it concise and convincing.

cool You need a new GCKey for SOWP application, no other way!

Having stated the above, a few questions that would come to mind are?

How long is the duration of your course? If less than two years, then it will be a challenge for the VO to approve such SOWP.

Did you use your family as home ties during your SP application? If you did then this could be more complicated than you think and that is where misrepresentation comes in, you would first need to untie them from your home before progressing.

Good luck with IRCC!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ITWizzy: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tydot29:
Its PPR time.

I submitted application for SOWP for myself and study for my 2 kids on January 25.

May 5th my SOWP was approved but nothing for the children. On my application it shows background check and eligibility as on going and the final decision is your application is approved. They have also sent the letter that i should send my passport for the visa.

Please what can i do to make the children's application be released on time.
We have all done our medicals.

Thanks.

Congratulations! Please any updates on your kids yet and how long after yours did it take? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by digits234: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my many questions.

The duration of my study is two years. Regarding home ties, I only stated in my SOP that my wife would financially take care of the family until I returned and that my company would also provide a monthly stipend to support my family’s upkeep.
I mentioned my dad, mum, and my company in SOP. Also listed my two houses with documents.

Is it not okay for someone to change their mind regarding their family joining them after 3 months? Or do you think I should further wait?

Profgordons:

I’ll try to answer to the best of my knowledge which I’ll describe as common knowledge you can find here or on IRCC website if you search.

POF would be determined by your duration of stay and family size, on IRCC website it shows below:
Primary applicant - $10000
First Dependent - $4000
Then all next dependents - $3000 (in your case $3000*3 = $9000)
That brings you to minimum of $23,000 CAD per year!

2) Yes, you can use the same bank account as long as the funds suffice to cover the cost of your tuition for the remainder years and the cost of living as stated above

3) Your wife doesn’t need to, she’s a dependent! If she has to show, it is an added benefit.

4) Mentioning that a baby has just joined is not misrepresentation, you can always update your profile with the added bundle of joy, congratulations on the new born.

5) All required documentation will be listed when you start the application; there is no harm in starting the application to see what you need. Have the birth certificates of the kids, their international passport and digital photos handy. The other supporting documents will be similar to what you have already to show home ties.

6) Police report is not required, they perform their independent criminality check based on the data you submitted, you can add it just to satisfy yourself if you have gut feelings about it. Also yes I would always advice upfront medical, it saves time when required.

7) Yes you will need an SOP for your spouse, keep it concise and convincing.

cool You need a new GCKey for SOWP application, no other way!

Having stated the above, a few questions that would come to mind are?

How long is the duration of your course? If less than two years, then it will be a challenge for the VO to approve such SOWP.

Did you use your family as home ties during your SP application? If you did then this could be more complicated than you think and that is where misrepresentation comes in, you would first need to untie them from your home before progressing.

Good luck with IRCC!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
digits234:
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my many questions.

The duration of my study is two years. Regarding home ties, I only stated in my SOP that my wife would financially take care of the family until I returned and that my company would also provide a monthly stipend to support my family’s upkeep.
I mentioned my dad, mum, and my company in SOP. Also listed my two houses with documents.

Is it not okay for someone to change their mind regarding their family joining them after 3 months? Or do you think I should further wait?

Make your letter of explanation very convincing as to why you need your family with you, even if you had used them as home ties...its al about convincing the Visa officer

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deewona: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hi all,
So I follow some topics on nairaland but hardly comment. Had to look for pw and username to login just to post this.
So I used the flagpole method and it worked.
Had applied for visitors permit when wife's study permit was issued sometimes in Feb 2022 and good news I got it in like 2 months.
Then I came to Canada and applied for sowp in May 2022 from within to hasten process while I returned to naija. But as at October 2022 no news and processing days from within Canada had increased to about 168days. I had to come join in Canada with the kids in October on our visitors permit in hope that it will come out.
Anyway long story short I went with wife and the kids to Niagara queens bridge border with a PR guy we paid to drive us down.
Reason I went with wife was she had applied to update her study permit from Jan 2023 to May 2023 cos she deffered start date of program and she had gotten an approval mail and the new visa stamp but needed to get a study/coop permit at the Port of Entry herself.
While the kids also needed a visitors record which is also printed out like a study/work permit to recognize their stay in Canada. Although our 4yr old already registered in school with his visit visa cos wife had a valid study permit.. So not sure it is really important.
Anyway the flagpole is no big deal so far everything is correct documentation wise and apparently is needed if you want to extend your stay and have gotten a visa approval from within CA and you want to stay back in Ca without going back to home country.. Also, the US borderside too were quite familiar with it.
As already available in online YouTube videos about Niagara, border officers on Canada side restrict number of people they attend to for flagpoling so always try to be there really early. Another hint- what also aided us was the new study permit pre-approval wife had for the new extension for study, God used that as a reason for border officials to process us that same day while they were asking others to check back.
So thank God for us.. It ended in praise..
Hope the info is useful to someone out there and if you have the resource and don't mind a refusal history to the USA (which I think one can explain away during usa visa interviews - with a valid reason of I needed to get a workpermit/study permit without returning to home country etc).
Overall I guess with God, it's an easy process and can be swifter in less busy borders check on youtube for videos on subject of flagpoling if interested for details.. All the best!

12 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by amblessed2021: 2:36am On Nov 01, 2022
Please am confused concerns the Consent form, the particular page to sign. I'm sending my kids passport for stamping. I want to be sure.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (391) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.