Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (838089 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Codedmd: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Many thanks for ur prompt response sir, I intended using the paper route for my application, do I still need to create my GCkey?

OkukuOne:
When you start the process by answering the questionnaire correctly, all documents and forms required will be shown to you. Just start by creating your GC Key.

Go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

you will see: Don’t have an account? Register. Click on register. Here your journey starts.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Codedmd:
Many thanks for ur prompt response sir, I intended using the paper route for my application, do I still need to create my GCkey?

Do people still use Paper ?I doubt dat.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sorry, I don't know about paper route.

Does it still exisit? If yes, i am sorry, i don't have the answer.

Codedmd:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2023
OkukuOne:
Sorry, I don't know about paper route.

Does it still exisit? If yes, i am sorry, i don't have the answer.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sanjaypent: 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Pls, pls I will like to know who will show the proof of fund in the bank statement, Is it my wife who is applying for the SOWP or the student bank statement in canada or Nigeria
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Both can show, it does not matter as far there is proof of marriage.

If you are working and have good money in your account(s), it is fine. If same applies to her, it's equally fine.

All IRCC is interested in is for you to proof you have suffcient funds for your family upkeeps and also pay your school fees and others bills where applicable.

Hope this helps.

Goood luck!

sanjaypent:
Pls, pls I will like to know who will show the proof of fund in the bank statement, Is it my wife who is applying for the SOWP or the student bank statement in canada or Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
please On my kids IMM form. Its keeps bringing me back to employment when I want to validate. What do I do. They are minors and no employment. Because of that employment I can’t validate. What do I do please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Eje18:
please On my kids IMM form. It’s keeps bringing me back to employment when I want to validate. What do I do. They are minors and no employment. Because of that employment I can’t validate. What do I do please

Please can someone help me with this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2023
It all depends on what you filled on:

1. Details of intended Study in Canada

2. Education

So, go up there and look properly on what you entered. This is the possible reason(s) why employment history is required.

Go back and look at those sections properly and adjust it where needed.

Eje18:
please On my kids IMM form. Its keeps bringing me back to employment when I want to validate. What do I do. They are minors and no employment. Because of that employment I can’t validate. What do I do please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
OkukuOne:
It all depends on what you filled on:

1. Details of intended Study in Canada

2. Education

So, go up there and look properly on what you entered. This is the possible reason(s) why employment history is required.

Go back and look at those sections properly and adjust it where needed.

It’s for imm1294. The kid is 6. For details of intended study in Canada I filled not yet applied for name of school
And for Education I clicked no for do you have any post secondary education. But it keeps bringing me to employment
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Eje18:

It’s for imm1294. The kid is 6. For details of intended study in Canada I filled not yet applied for name of school
And for Education I clicked no for do you have any post secondary education. But it keeps bringing me to employment

Put the baby date of birth as employment till todays date and write baby as occupation

Check out YouTube on how to fill study permit for kids. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

I sincerely do not know what to do now. I know the passport request for me would come shortly but when?

Just a recap of our situation. My 4 kids passport requests have arrive, but the spouse own is yet to drop. Children passport dropped on April 5 and today is April 11, still nothing has happened yet.

1. How long should spouse wait?

2. What can spouse do to facilitate the passport request?

3. Have any here experienced this long day after kids SP havew dropped?

4. Should i send emails to all IRCC offices, if yes, can you share the email addresses?

The waiting and suspend is killing.

Someone should please assist me the best line of action now.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Please do I need a letter of intent ( correspondence letter) for close work permit, i am going with my 4 year old daughter only.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mizz2posh: 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
OkukuOne:
1. First dependent which is your spouse = $5,000CAD
2. the 2 kids = $3,000CAD x 2 = $6,000CAD
3. The Student (for upkeep for a year) = $10,000CAD
4. Proof of at least 1st semester paymnt for one year course and/or proof of a year payment for 2 or more years studies.

Number 3 and 4 are not compulsory, but having them gives it better chance.

All the best!

Sorry o, I thought first dependant is 4,00CAD? Has it been increased?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mizz2posh: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hello @Makano and other gurus in the house, please kindly advice us, we used a consultant based in Canada for my study visa, which I have gotten, now my consultant says they cant give me my login details cos they use their portal for all their clients applications. Now, we want to apply ourselves for my husbands SOWP and student visa for our kids, please how do we link my application to theirs since they can't apply under my account, your advice will be highly appreciated....thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 12:13am On Apr 12, 2023
If the consultant is a registered IRCC consultant, they will not give you the login details as explained.
Since you have gotten you visa, your spouse should create his own GIC KEY login details and apply from there for himself and the kids.

You will provide a copy of the your visa, study permit, LOE for the semester, tuition receipts and all necesaary legal documents you have in Canada, unless you are still in Nigeria while they apply.
Read some pages back say from page 250-till date, people shared list of documents they used in applying for SOWP as well.

Best wishes.

mizz2posh:
Hello @Makano and other gurus in the house, please kindly advice us, we used a consultant based in Canada for my study visa, which I have gotten, now my consultant says they cant give me my login details cos they use their portal for all their clients applications. Now, we want to apply ourselves for my husbands SOWP and student visa for our kids, please how do we link my application to theirs since they can't apply under my account, your advice will be highly appreciated....thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 12:16am On Apr 12, 2023
Spouse PPR will show up eventually, send the kids passports for stamping as you have 30 days to do this, then raise webform about your spouse application and keep sending them until you get response.

OkukuOne:
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

I sincerely do not know what to do now. I know the passport request for me would come shortly but when?

Just a recap of our situation. My 4 kids passport requests have arrive, but the spouse own is yet to drop. Children passport dropped on April 5 and today is April 11, still nothing has happened yet.

1. How long should spouse wait?

2. What can spouse do to facilitate the passport request?

3. Have any here experienced this long day after kids SP havew dropped?

4. Should i send emails to all IRCC offices, if yes, can you share the email addresses?

The waiting and suspend is killing.

Someone should please assist me the best line of action now.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sudo1986: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2023
Hello all,
I am in a kind of situation that I don't know what to do.
I am currently doing my PhD in China, and my wife joined me here on March 1.
My professor just resigned last year October, and God helped me to secure a full funding PhD program in Canada. The funding is 20,000 CAD per year, and tuition and all other expenses including insurance is 10,000 CAD. I am left with 10,000 CAD per year.
The issue now is that all my colleagues that applied to Canada from China were all rejected, even with full funding, and they all provided at least 3 million balance on their account statement.

All of them went back to Nigeria to reapply, and they all got it.

This is where I have problem.
1. I want to apply for the visa with my wife, and I don't know the possibility of getting it because I only have a landed property in Nigeria. No parents, no job, and all my siblings are married. Many of them don't even have birth cert. I only have a son staying with my in-laws

2. I don't have any huge amount to show as a proof of fund. I only want to look for 4,000 CAD for my wife as required by the IRCC

3. I can't go back to Nigeria to apply, because I don't even have such money for the two of us.

4. I don't know if it is compulsory for me to apply for the visa without account statement if I want to apply alone.

Thank you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Utong: 1:55am On Apr 12, 2023
First, you need to know why your friends were rejected and work on that. You can apply for Canada study visa from anywhere.
sudo1986:
Hello all,
I am in a kind of situation that I don't know what to do.
I am currently doing my PhD in China, and my wife joined me here on March 1.
My professor just resigned last year October, and God helped me to secure a full funding PhD program in Canada. The funding is 20,000 CAD per year, and tuition and all other expenses including insurance is 10,000 CAD. I am left with 10,000 CAD per year.
The issue now is that all my colleagues that applied to Canada from China were all rejected, even with full funding, and they all provided at least 3 million balance on their account statement.

All of them went back to Nigeria to reapply, and they all got it.

This is where I have problem.
1. I want to apply for the visa with my wife, and I don't know the possibility of getting it because I only have a landed property in Nigeria. No parents, no job, and all my siblings are married. Many of them don't even have birth cert. I only have a son staying with my in-laws

2. I don't have any huge amount to show as a proof of fund. I only want to look for 4,000 CAD for my wife as required by the IRCC

3. I can't go back to Nigeria to apply, because I don't even have such money for the two of us.

4. I don't know if it is compulsory for me to apply for the visa without account statement if I want to apply alone.

Thank you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 5:07am On Apr 12, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Put the baby date of birth as employment till todays date and write baby as occupation

Check out YouTube on how to fill study permit for kids. All the best

Thank you. It worked
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mizz2posh: 7:51am On Apr 12, 2023
survivex:
If the consultant is a registered IRCC consultant, they will not give you the login details as explained.
Since you have gotten you visa, your spouse should create his own GIC KEY login details and apply from there for himself and the kids.

You will provide a copy of the your visa, study permit, LOE for the semester, tuition receipts and all necesaary legal documents you have in Canada, unless you are still in Nigeria while they apply.
Read some pages back say from page 250-till date, people shared list of documents they used in applying for SOWP as well.

Best wishes.

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Thanks, will it be a nice idea to send emails too, if yes, kindly assist me by sending me all the email addresses to send to?

survivex:
Spouse PPR will show up eventually, send the kids passports for stamping as you have 30 days to do this, then raise webform about your spouse application and keep sending them until you get response.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gennyoma19: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2023
Good morning everyone.

My SOWP application was approved on the 29th of March and I gave birth on the 2nd of April. I hoped my application will be approved way before I was due but trust IRRC to always take one by surprise.

My question is:
I want to start my child’s application as soon as possible. However, I do not know how to go about it. Do I inform IRCC via web form that I have put to bed and wish to include her in my already approved application or do I just apply for a visit visa for her. Which option is faster and better?

Please your opinions and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

P:S IRCC is aware of the pregnancy when they sent medical request. My pregnancy was captured in the result.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gold90: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Congratulations 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉
I tap into this grace and speed

Ebonieblack:
PPR for my family!!!!!!!!!!

from start to finish 46days.

application submitted on Feb 2nd
Biometrics updated on Feb 8th
medical request for my husband and 3 kids on Feb 22
medical passed March 16
PPR March 20
Background check and eligibility still showing they are reviewing

Thank you everyone for your contributions here. it really helped me with the information needed to do this application myself.

God wey run am for me, go finally run am for everybody here!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=gold90 post=122464575]Congratulations 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉
I tap into this grace and speed

[
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ebonieblack:

from start to finish 46days.

application submitted on Feb 2nd
Biometrics updated on Feb 8th
medical request for my husband and 3 kids on Feb 22
medical passed March 16
PPR March 20
Background check and eligibility still showing they are reviewing

Thank you everyone for your contributions here. it really helped me with the information needed to do this application myself.

God wey run am for me, go finally run am for everybody here!

Congrats to you. I tap into your success
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 4:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Welldone gurus for keeping the flame on here!

Please i intend applying for SOWP and VV for my wife and kids. The issue is that she has just about 2M in her personal account and about 8M in her business account which we both run as co signatories. Please do we have to move the funds to her personal account before she can use it as POF or can it still remain in that business account. Note that the bank reference will show that the both of us are the only signatories in the account. I have not started working in Canada yet but have about CAD 12K in my account and also due to apply for 25% of my pension which will give me about N4M. Will these be sufficient for POFs for my wife and 3 kids?

Please i need your urgent responses.?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Hi guys, the last paragraph is not really clear to me cos I told them I will collect it in person and now collection in person is not permitted. Has anyone been able to collect his/her ppt in person @ VFS in Lagos recently? What’s the experience like, please share.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2023

from start to finish 33days.

Application submitted on March 11, 2023
Biometrics updated on arch 12, 2023
Medical Requests for Spouse and kids on March 17, 2023
Medical passed for kids March 22 and Spouse and one of one kids on March 27, and 28
Original Passport Request for kids April 05, 2023
Correspondence Letter on April 13, 2023
Original Passport Request for spouse April 13, 2023

Thanks, to all that supported me, by encouraging me privately and here in.

All the glory be upto one and only one true Messiah who came through for me and my family.

God be praise forever. Jesus is Lord.

More stories much later on engagement that may help our processes and minds.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2023
Business is treated as a diffrent entity. You also should treat it in same way. Move all cash to her account.

Your 12k CAD is good. Just try do the calculation of what you need as per each person to be able to stay in Canada as stated by IRCC.

Good luck!

Accessed:
Welldone gurus for keeping the flame on here!

Please i intend applying for SOWP and VV for my wife and kids. The issue is that she has just about 2M in her personal account and about 8M in her business account which we both run as co signatories. Please do we have to move the funds to her personal account before she can use it as POF or can it still remain in that business account. Note that the bank reference will show that the both of us are the only signatories in the account. I have not started working in Canada yet but have about CAD 12K in my account and also due to apply for 25% of my pension which will give me about N4M. Will these be sufficient for POFs for my wife and 3 kids?

Please i need your urgent responses.?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
OkukuOne:

from start to finish 33days.

Application submitted on March 11, 2023
Biometrics updated on arch 12, 2023
Medical Requests for Spouse and kids on March 17, 2023
Medical passed for kids March 22 and Spouse and one of one kids on March 27, and 28
Original Passport Request for kids April 05, 2023
Correspondence Letter on April 13, 2023
Original Passport Request for spouse April 13, 2023

Thanks, to all that supported me, by encouraging me privately and here in.

All the glory be upto one and only one true Messiah who came through for me and my family.

God be praise forever. Jesus is Lord.

More stories much later on engagement that may help our processes and minds.

Congratulations okukuone, I am glad I could help

Please, how was your POF calculated. I want to apply for my wife and my son, how much do I need to show for them?

What I heard is 4k for my spouse and 3k for my son, 4k for miscellaneous. Is that right
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thanks once again.

That is perfect POF you have there.

Normally, 1st dependent (Spouse) is 4k but people add additioal 1k, then other dependents are 3k each. Miscellaneous is in the window of 2 - 4k

All the best. It will end in praise

HEADYWORLD:

Congratulations okukuone, I am glad I could help

Please, how was your POF calculated. I want to apply for my wife and my son, how much do I need to show for them?

What I heard is 4k for my spouse and 3k for my son, 4k for miscellaneous. Is that right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (391) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.