Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,221 members, 7,887,594 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:04 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (833135 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 11:31am On Feb 27
Thank you very much
Bobomaigida:

Since you have sorted out the POF, the offer of employment would not be really necessary, her main purpose is to school not to work. So, emphasis should be placed on status as an enrolled student, which I believe you have done.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Airpod: 12:00pm On Feb 27
Goodday people,
I am putting my SOWP application together. Does my spouse or I need to notarize his letter of invitation. Is there a need to notarize the letter or it is not required. Kindly advise.

What should be the important details of the letter.

Thank you in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 12:08pm On Feb 27
Bobomaigida:

Since you have sorted out the POF, the offer of employment would not be really necessary, her main purpose is to school not to work. So, emphasis should be placed on status as an enrolled student, which I believe you have done.

Correct!

Since she's studying already.
Confirmation of full-time study enrollment (for the student) is pertinent. Endeavour to add it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 12:23pm On Feb 27
Bobomaigida:

Sorry about the refusal.
How did you structure your SOP written to express your spouse's intentions? Did you also add your letter of invitation? When is your programme ending?
Which specific school docs did you add to the application?
I believe this is your second refusal, did you get the GCMS notes for the first refusal?

That’s my second refusal. My program is 2 years and have finished 1year and am on break which I will resume May. My program will be ending Dec 2024. I’m a centennial college student and I added all the necessary documents. For the first refusal the GCMS note didn’t came out I applied for it twice and waited for 3 months didn’t came out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27
On SOWP
I just been asked by IRCC to Please provide the Biometrics fee payment receipt of ($85). This is my 2nd application. I don’t have any receipt for biometrics, as a lumsum was paid in the 1st application when I did biometrics.
I can only find the transaction Approved notification for the 1st application lumsum payment . I also have the biometric validity letter
Who has experienced this previously? What should I do?
Not sure if I need to make a new Payment or just send all what I have.

Gurus in the house I need your help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Blackfinegirl(f): 2:16pm On Feb 27
nnemak:
On SOWP
I just been asked by IRCC to Please provide the Biometrics fee payment receipt of ($85). This is my 2nd application. I don’t have any receipt for biometrics, as a lumsum was paid in the 1st application when I did biometrics.
I can only find the transaction Approved notification for the 1st application lumsum payment . I also have the biometric validity letter
Who has experienced this previously? What should I do?
Not sure if I need to make a new Payment or just send all what I have.

Gurus in the house I need your help

Upload a copy of your previous BVL.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 6:15pm On Feb 27
My wife’s SOWP was refused. How long should we wait before we reapply? Has anyone been refused and later approved after reapplying?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 6:19pm On Feb 27
Godsn007:
My wife’s SOWP was refused. How long should we wait before we reapply? Has anyone been refused and later approved after reapplying?

What is the reason for the refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 6:32pm On Feb 27
Owanhero123:

That’s my second refusal. My program is 2 years and have finished 1year and am on break which I will resume May. My program will be ending Dec 2024. I’m a centennial college student and I added all the necessary documents. For the first refusal the GCMS note didn’t came out I applied for it twice and waited for 3 months didn’t came out.

If it is not too much for you, can you list out the docs you added to the application? I suspect your SOP and letter of invitation were not strong.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 7:53pm On Feb 27
Ok. Thanks
Blackfinegirl:

Upload a copy of your previous BVL.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 9:51pm On Feb 27
Please did you apply by self or you made use of an immigration consultant?

ttomexy:

Submitted 29th of December,2023
Biometric 5th January, 2024
All others was done yesterday

no update after biometric till yesterday 22/02/2024
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dinma540: 9:07am On Feb 28
Please house am so confused for a refusal that states u did not qualify for open an work permit because you did not provide sufficient information about ur spouse being a full-time student in a DLI school A GCM note was ordered and a reconsideration letter was made and every document for the spouse was provided both enrollment now gcm not Is out. It says your application values changed from male to female which I have reviewed the information I provided I can't see any changes. Those this has anything to do with DLI I need help ohhhhhh.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ttomexy(f): 9:38am On Feb 28
Godsn007:

Godsn007:

All was done by me, through the help of OJC telegram group ( not an advert oo)

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 1:49pm On Feb 28
Dinma540:
Please house am so confused for a refusal that states u did not qualify for open an work permit because you did not provide sufficient information about ur spouse being a full-time student in a DLI school A GCM note was ordered and a reconsideration letter was made and every document for the spouse was provided both enrollment now gcm not Is out. It says your application values changed from male to female which I have reviewed the information I provided I can't see any changes. Those this has anything to do with DLI I need help ohhhhhh.

Sorry for the refusal, was it during your reconsideration you submitted the enrollment letter? Did you add the student's latest transcript?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 10:10pm On Feb 28
You can private chat me when you are available. Let us chat
Dinma540:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dinma540: 11:52pm On Feb 28
[When filling in the application i did add my enrollment and during reconsideration i added it again. But did not add transcript because my results where not ready.quote author=Bobomaigida post=128690181]

Sorry for the refusal, was it during your reconsideration you submitted the enrollment letter? Did you add the student's latest transcript?[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:16am On Feb 29
Dinma540:
[When filling in the application i did add my enrollment and during reconsideration i added it again. But did not add transcript because my results where not ready.quote author=Bobomaigida post=128690181]

Sorry for the refusal, was it during your reconsideration you submitted the enrollment letter? Did you add the student's latest transcript?

You should try and get the transcript of the courses you have done and add to the application, hope the POF is still intact?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 8:40am On Feb 29
Good morning everyone, please I urgently need advice on an issue.....I will be traveling with my son this coming weekend and we were told to write a letter of consent that the father is aware I'm bringing in son.....I'm on work permit while my son is on visit visa
Please how do we address the letter or what would be the content.....can anyone with sample to share with me?
Thank you in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 4:51pm On Feb 29
Abbasdaughter:
Good morning everyone, please I urgently need advice on an issue.....I will be traveling with my son this coming weekend and we were told to write a letter of consent that the father is aware I'm bringing in son.....I'm on work permit while my son is on visit visa
Please how do we address the letter or what would be the content.....can anyone with sample to share with me?
Thank you in advance

The letter should be two written by your spouse, one addressed to IRCC and the other to NIgerian Immigration. It should basically state that he is authorizing you to travel with your child.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 5:02am On Mar 01
Good morning everyone, my SOWP was denied. I was planning on reapplying but I'm not sure if the
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 5:06am On Mar 01
Good morning everyone my SOWP was denied. I want to do a fresh application but I'm not sure if the ban on spouse of college students has commenced. The reason for the denial is " not enough information to demonstrate that spouse is in aa DLI" gurus please help me out.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 6:39am On Mar 01
No, the ban hasn’t commenced yet, so you should apply but ensure your pof is up to 21k CAD equivalent using Xe dot com. Then your spouse enrollment letter, evidence of school fee payment and most recent transcript is attached, alongside other documents you will be submitting. I wish you all the best.
mydesk:
Good morning everyone my SOWP was denied. I want to do a fresh application but I'm not sure if the ban on spouse of college students has commenced. The reason for the denial is " not enough information to demonstrate that spouse is in aa DLI" gurus please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 6:43am On Mar 01
Is your spouse already in Canada?

mydesk:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 9:06am On Mar 01
Yes he is in Canada. He has been in canada since last year August.
evansky:
Is your spouse already in Canada?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 9:08am On Mar 01
I submitted all these perviously, the only thing i didnt submit is transcript. I will attach his transcriptand schoolfees receipt. I will be travelling with my daughter who is 3yrs old. We have about $33k with the recent xe rate, do you think it will fly?Thank you for your response
ICONEB:
No, the ban hasn’t commenced yet, so you should apply but ensure your pof is up to 21k CAD equivalent using Xe dot com. Then your spouse enrollment letter, evidence of school fee payment and most recent transcript is attached, alongside other documents you will be submitting. I wish you all the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 9:31am On Mar 01
That should have been easier, which documents did you submit?

mydesk:
Yes he is in Canada. He has been in canada since last year August.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 11:35am On Mar 01
I submitted LOA
Letter of enrollment
Study permit
marriage certificate
Consent letter (for our daughter)
Sop
Letter of Explanation from my spouse
POF
Birth certificates
Invitation letter
evansky:
That should have been easier, which documents did you submit?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 4:56pm On Mar 01
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 5:34pm On Mar 01
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elfortunato: 8:21am On Mar 02
Good morning brethren. Please I need advice. I applied for SOWP since 25th November, 2023. Prior to that, I already had a travel visa, and had travelled & returned from seeing my spouse who is a student, residing with our kids in canada. Until now no response from IRCC for my SOWP. Eligibility has not even started. I done send webform & emails tire. The only key information I got from their help centre is that my application is being processed in their Abuja office. I am now considering ordering GCMS notes. Will this be a good step? Any advise from the Gurus will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 10:52am On Mar 02
It could be a good step. However, I did the same when I applied for gcsm notes in Jan 24 and got it this last week. Nothing much was there as eligibility has not started. So, only medical, criminality etc were seen . We applied 28th October. We are still waiting for the sowp as well

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elfortunato: 12:36pm On Mar 02
Thanks, for your response I'd appreciate links to both the free and the paid GCMS notes. Thanks

AgEcon:
It could be a good step. However, I did the same when I applied for gcsm notes in Jan 24 and got it this last week. Nothing much was there as eligibility has not started. So, only medical, criminality etc were seen . We applied 28th October. We are still waiting for the sowp as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (391) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.