Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (8669 Views)

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! / My New Girlfriend, She Slapped Me During Her Period / Man Buys 99 Iphones To Propose To His Girlfriend; She Says No (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by flynx: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
jst try dey cope wit am.

dey manage the poison. for the sake of love "U NO GO DIE"
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by tope2000(f): 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2009
Ask ur pastor to help you tell her undecided cheesy
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by joobreel(m): 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
if she cant cook, then you are in trouble. God don catch you be that.
but for the solution, just tell her straight away but not harshly. then try and profer solution either by teaching her or enrolling her in a catering school. all the best
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2009
offtopic -

how do you tell your man he's lousy in bed?

will you keep quiet, since he already knows? grin

will you be frank and let him know hes piss poor at bonking?

will you sit him down and tell him, considering that its not what U tell him, but how U say it; even offering some bonking lessons?

y'all know women like their sex as much as men like their food, not so cheesy
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by KarmaMod(f): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
oyb:

Be that as it may, wouldnt you say the % of women that would tell a guy he sucks in bed is way LOWER than the % that wouldnt tell him a word and suffer in silence?
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by osisi2(f): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2009
oyb:

offtopic -

how do you tell your man he's lousy in bed?

will you keep quiet, since he already knows? grin

will you be frank and let him know hes piss poor at bonking?

will you sit him down and tell him, considering that its not what U tell him, but how U say it; even offering some bonking lessons?

Well mine gets a score after each tango grin
when he's 110% I tell him and when he's at 70%,I let him know too grin
It's all done with humor but he knows I'm being truthful
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by KarmaMod(f): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lmao, do you write it on a scoreboard you this woman
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

Be that as it may, wouldnt you say the % of women that would tell a guy he sucks in bed is way LOWER than the % that wouldn't tell him a word and suffer in silence?

you see that it is def a mans world  grin

the% of fellas who would tell their sig other that she sucks at cooking is prolly way higher than those that would eat in silence

plus i don't know about naija women, but western women will not only suffer in silence, they will fake it loudly - or so popular culture leads me to believe
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lmao, do you write it on a scoreboard you this woman

nah, she has those large score cards like those of olympic diving judges - after the deedy, she raises the appropriate card grin
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by KarmaMod(f): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
plus i don't know about naija women, but western women will not only suffer in silence, they will fake it loudly - or so popular culture leads me to believe

Of course I meant Naija women. After all western women arent the one burdened with pretending to be "naive and innocent" in such things. Lucky them

oyb:

nah, she has those large score cards like those of olympic diving judges - after the deedy, she raises the appropriate card grin

Osisi, where do you hide these cards? grin
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by kokoye(m): 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

Be that as it may, wouldnt you say the % of women that would tell a guy he sucks in bed is way LOWER than the % that wouldnt tell him a word and suffer in silence?

You suffer in silence - you die in that silence. I grew up in a culture that suffers in silence and adjusts to pain. Then we end up making some grave mistakes.

We need to enlighten our people (women in this case) to open up and confront situations in a civilized manner.

I'm sure most of the husbands who killed their nurse wives in the U.S suffered in silence for a long time b4 they exploded. . . . same way some wives start cheating on their spouses cos they could not talk.

Although the truth is bitter, it is always better to speak out.

Same reason some people cannot tell their dates the relationship is over - they just run. How cowardly!
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by fs(f): 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
I'm kinda having a hard time answering the question. Yes, you should simply tell your girlfriend she can't cook, but not exactly saying "Tobi, you can't cook." It should just kinda come up. My question though is, is this really a problem? Because many people are suggesting paying for cooking lessons for her and all that. Is it something she would want to do? Is it important that your girfriend/wife know how to cook? Does she think it's important? If you're both on the opposite ends of that, then you should both just probably move on.

Personally, no one is going to force me to learn how to cook unless I want to. The sly cooking lessons and all that would just annoy me.

Disclaimer: My husband does most of the cooking in our house.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Gabry(f): 1:22am On Feb 03, 2009
Quoted by: Ehise99

shut up lardo

Am I talking to you gay? Go dig your grave and kiss your aunt fanny fool!  angry
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by TPS360: 2:20am On Feb 03, 2009
what happened?
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Gabry(f): 2:27am On Feb 03, 2009
What do you mean by what happen?

The poster said he dont know how to tell his gf that she could not cook jor. Any advise for the poster?
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by prittigrrr(f): 5:35am On Feb 03, 2009
u shd tell her but pls use tact. I dated a guy who loved my cooking and he always bragged about how good it was to his friends. One day I made a dish he did not care for and he ranted abt how it was not prepared properly. He was so obnoxious, I told him not to worry, that it would be the last meal he ate from me. I kept my word and never cooked again 4 him. I shoulda been just as obnoxious and tod him how bad he was in bed, many western women are VERY honest with their men abt that. Not all of them fake it.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 03, 2009
wow ,what you all trying to think of "trying to cover up dirt in white,damn we all know its dirt and its gonna stain the white"
A lady not knowing hw to cook! its madness,didnt she grow up in a family then how come she knows how to make up and dress well.wow you hve to talk to her family members that grew up with her, damn senses being lost "teaching your girl friend that its salt that is needed in white rice and not (maggi) " hahahahah Nollywood script
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by VENUSS(f): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2009
agaba is rite, tell her as if she added a liittle more salt today.

you can get some one to teach u or write a procedure of cooking a dish
]
for u, u study it. and tell her you want a give her a treat but she has to
keep you company in the kitchen. or better still ask her to teach u how to cook and let
you two practice it, so that if shes going off the line you tell 'sweetie i tot it, suppose to
be the way'
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Tumm(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2009
Tell her there is 2 much salt even if there isnt. Next time 2 much pepper, next time 2 much water. After series of complains, she ll get u point. I hv tried it
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by theboy0808(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2009
Tumm:

Tell her there is 2 much salt even ie there isnt. Next time 2 much pepper, next time 2 much water. After series of complain, she ll get u point. I hv tried it

My guy good point. But that's a recipe for disaster
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Gabry(f): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2009
Tumm:

Tell her there is 2 much salt even if there isnt. Next time 2 much pepper, next time 2 much water. After series of complains, she ll get u point. I hv tried it

theboy0808:

My guy good point. But that's a recipe for disaster

Yes cause than she will think that the poster is a comnplainer and theres where all the fighting would begin for some people. Alot of girls are very sensitive when it comes to this.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by ayeesha: 8:25am On Feb 03, 2009
i think you should just let her know you are not too comfortable with her cooking. you dnt have to fling it in her face though, just try to be diplomatic about it. tell her you are not saying it to humiliate her but that you feel she can do better. volunteer to learn or even experiment with her. even if she gets angry at the initial stage, i`m sure she`ll appreciate the fact that you were honest enough to tell her the truth after she must have had time to analyse it. *try this only if you really love her and want to have a future with her o!*
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by otukpo(f): 8:51am On Feb 03, 2009
I appreciate it when people are frank with me. Even though, the truth atimes is bitter, but i prefer it. Critisize me, that is the easiest way for me to be a better person.

To the topic, i wont feel any bad if my boyfriend tells me that a particular meal i cook isnt tasty. i know i cook well as a person. But if for any reason i cook and it does not really taste good, i will know first. B4 i serve that particular food to my husband or boyfriend as the case may be, i will first tell the person that the food does not really taste nice, that i think i made a mistake somewhere, that the person should pls manage it. Promising to do it better next time.

but if the girl does not cook well at all, pls tell her that she needs to learn how to do it. that she is not getting it right. You can volunteer to put her thru if u're good in it or suggest someone very close to u that u're sure cooks well.

whereby the girl refuses to learn, sori for u.

But pls dont ever think of telling any pastor to come and tell her ooooooooo. That will be worse.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Chetachuku(m): 9:25am On Feb 03, 2009
Just tell her that there will be a cooking competition sometime in ur house. Cook and let her see you do it, that is if you know how to cook. If not, discuss it with her lovingly.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by yam: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2009
what do u understand by good cooking?My wife food is good because sheis my wife, a bird in hand worth millions. this is the least of issues and concern in the home[b][/b]Gabrywyli cant imagine seing you in the kitchen cooking anything native except food that can be prepared between 10 mins.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by yam: 9:56am On Feb 03, 2009
what do u understand by good cooking?My wife food is good because sheis my wife, a bird in hand worth millions. this is the least of issues and concern in the home[b]Gabrywyli cant imagine seing you in the kitchen cooking anything native except food that can be prepared between 10 mins.[/b].
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Tatase(f): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2009
I don't think it's necessary to announce it just like that; it will only hurt her feelings. After all are you perfect in every way yourself? Do you do everything well?

Cooking is obviously not her (natural) talent but let's say you know the way you like your food and you can cook, just tell her that you want to cook something for her and as you're cooking say something like "o this is how i like to make my such-and-such" and get her to help out and take part and she might learn what you like that way.

Or you can say gently suggest that it might be a fun thing for her to enroll in a cooking class to expand her repertoire/meet new people/learn to make you guys' fave foods so that you can eat out less. Whatever it is, say it gently don't be like: "I don't like your cooking."

If all else fails and the cooking situation is not a make or break thing you can do the cooking and/or eat food from outside all the time.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by angelina08(f): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2009
You have to tel her face to face so that she will take correction, before it is to late.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by denony(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2009
1st step:

Call her honey/sweetheart/sweetpie,

I would like us to add techniques to our cooking.

2nd step:

Ask her this questions:

1. Should i add more money to upgrade it.
2. Or should we add more cooking ability.

3rd step:

Tell her this in a very low and lovely tone, maybe when she is scartching your back or when u are caressing her wink so that she will understand every bit of what u mean, i bet you she will know that her cooking is not getting better.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by Gabry(f): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
Quoted by: yam

Gabrywyli cant imagine seing you in the kitchen cooking anything native except food that can be prepared between 10 mins,

Really? Thats good. Ok, what made you think so? Is it because Im too playfull and being a yeye fowl or because Im a foreignor or wetin? smiley
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by VirtuousA(f): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2009
I sincerely believe this "issue" is as personal as individual differences. When you talk about GOOD food, one might like a food solely bcus it's salty, pepperish or oily, etc. Remove any of these, it becomes "bad" to them. So the best way to tell your wife or potential wife is to guide her on what YOU want, and how you want it. Cooking book to me may guild but may not give exactly what you want, and that tells why some people like one "mama put" better than another. Each of us have different dressing sense, yet very proud in them, so each man should enjoy their wivies food cus that's the way they want to have it. Bottom line, be open, teach her, that is marriage, that is commitment.
Re: How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? by adaun(f): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2009
shuo,is she not your babe,sit her down and tell her in a diplomatic manner dt she cant cook.mayb she neva knw say d way to a man's heart is tru food n alot of gals don use their art of cookery collect guys 4rm gals lyk her who cant cook.bt anyway sha,if u can cook and she's willing to learn,u can teach her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Characteristics Of LUST? / End Time!!! See What This Girl And Two Guys Are Doing In Public... / True Life Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.