Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise (41072 Views)

Some People Are Causing Rift Between Buhari And Me – Fr. Mbaka / Lagos Shuts 24 Religious Outfits Over Noise Pollution / 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Decryptor(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2015
tomdon:
there is one mosque at okota around enoma bus stop that blasts speakers at 5am. this constitutes serious noise. I don't know if some residents like it because someone told me he uses it as alarm, but as for me it distracts my sleep. action should be taken ASAP

Chai! And na that 5am sleep dey sweet pass.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Donpizzle(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2015
upon all d churches, corruption stil dey high....na wa oo
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by uzolexis(f): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2015
tomdon:
there is one mosque at okota around enoma bus stop that blasts speakers at 5am. this constitutes serious noise. I don't know if some residents like it because someone told me he uses it as alarm, but as for me it distracts my sleep. action should be taken ASAP

I used 2 live in delekulajolu just opp enoma, I know that mosque wella n they disturb a lot

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by dennismukoro(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2015
abeg dey should extend this to warri. becos the noise nah die o. one choosen for my back nah every 12.AM. dem dey start
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by moscobabs(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
Brugo:

The last Friday of every month, meeeen. ... Una dey try o.
not only Friday my bro.there is one of them owns by ibo ,na everyday bi there nite virgin even on sunday. dnt know maybe there own God diff from others.

I purposely want to leave that area cos of those business centres call Churches
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by lukxman(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
This is a bold step in the right direction. I could vividly remember that, then, as a student of the University of Jos, some hopeless students who come to constitute nuisance in the institution have refused to let us have a quite reading environment. They are in the habit of finding and forming new churches, beating drums around the hostels, waking us up from sleep after a restless day. This should be copied by all institutions, bans should first be made in campuses. Mosques and churches should be removed from public institutions as their presence in University of Jos almost sparked religious crisis among students in 2011. Common rooms which are meant for studying while students are in hostel have been turned to funny named churches by hungry students who like to extract tithes from their fellow students.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
Lagos state is wrong. ....they shouldn't have shut the churches. ....

simply tell them to build they churches in away it should contain their speakers inside the house, just like a hall.

That is totally discrimination. ........

even in abroad church is everywhere in the world. ...no one have ever done that ......except if there's a hidden hatred

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
joseph1832:
They should close the whole church and mosque! Only then will we have real peace.
atheist abi?
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by HyDef(m): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2015
It's the first step.

You don't need to disturb a whole neighborhood in the name of worship and religion. It's ridiculous really. I wish they could seriously tackle those churches that turn those loud speakers up at 2AM. Like a certain one near my house.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by moscobabs(m): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2015
Decryptor:

Chai! And na that 5am sleep dey sweet pass.
in lagos for lazy guys like u
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by xage(m): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2015
My Street Shoji Oshodi,

28 Churches in 2 meters long street

and they usually quarrel on winning each others members over

Rubish....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Keegan: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2015
bebe2:
grin grin
reminds me of my mum's house.
There is a church on each side and my mum's house is in the middle.

Both have acquired big loud speakers to drown out the other.

We will have to learn sign language to be able to communicate while we are there. grin

So so bad, one can't receive or make calls when they engage in this madness. They claim they are communicating with God yet they lack consideration for others. Those involved, are your gods deaf?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2015
MaxNaija:
Lagos—The Lagos State government yesterday said at least 24 religious outfits were shut in year 2014 for contravening the State guidelines on noise pollution.

The state government further said the new Material Recovery Facility, would be established to capture the huge waste generated daily and boost the Waste-to-wealth programme in the state.

Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello and General Manager of the Lagos State Environment Protection, LASEPA, Mr Ademola Shabi, an engineer, disclosed this at the 2015 ministerial press briefing held in Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja.

Shabi reeling out the activities of his agency in the year under review added that 13 industries were shut for violating the environmental guidelines set by the government.

He lamented that the pollution generated daily in the state was increasing and the government must embark on measures to reduce it, adding; “We received over 1, 000 petitions in the year under review. But we have been able to resolve some and some have relocated.”

According to him, “We have shut about 24 religious outfits in the last one year because they failed to adhere to the state guidelines on noise pollution.”
The general manager explained that these religious outfits contribute “the religious outfits contribute about 50 percent of the noise pollution in the state. In the last few years, we have been having problem to control noise from these outfits. We have been able to shut them down while some have relocated from the community where they were.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lagos-shuts-24-religious-outfits-over-noise-pollution/

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2015
That is just the beginning of Babylon's fall.
I can't help but only dance for the change.

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Brugo(m): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2015
moscobabs:

not only Friday my bro.there is one of them owns by ibo ,na everyday bi there nite virgin even on sunday. dnt know maybe there own God diff from others.

I purposely want to leave that area cos of those business centres call Churches
cheesy my brother you need to relocate fast. grin

Nigerians are very religious people.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by funsho03(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=searay post=33269338]This must definitely be some churches. The IS.LA.mI.za.tIoN has begun.
I would have said nice job but since I am opposition, I can't say it.

This while I was saying GEJ till 2019.

Read well before u comment. They said in 2014 and not in 2015. I know u guys hate ISLAM and waiting for the down fall of the GMB. It will not come to past.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by eagleeyez: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2015
tomdon:

I believe the muslims don't constitute noise pollution. Their call of prayer doesn't last up to 5 mins as compared to us. Let's be sincere please........
We all know churches are just something else when it comes to noise pollution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by motherlode: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2015
moscobabs:
I beg they should come and close down churches in my street at agbelekale around abule egba o. 16,churches in a street of 31 buildings ? This is crazy

cheesy grin e no BAD nah, the church in my area @ Meiran doubled their outdoor speaker when we complained buh what can i do!
Was this how it was in the olden days ni? undecided
Abeg, spreading the gospel won't work by disturbing others PEACE
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by ribbit: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2015
searay:
This must definitely be some churches. The IS.LA.mI.za.tIoN has begun.

This while I was saying GEJ till 2019

you mumu die
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2015
searay:

Religious outfits means Churches to u abi.
Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by BrOwnSuga3: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Since when do Muslims started doing vigil

I didn't sleep all through the night of last Friday.

My problem with the Mosque is they hang their speakers so high that even when you are 6 streets away, you would still hear the sound of the speakers. Imagine that kind of noise facing your window, how do they want us to sleep with that noise?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Decryptor(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2015
moscobabs:

in lagos for lazy guys like u

Sorry bro. I don't stay in Lagos where peeps wake up by 3:30am to hustle. I live in Abuja where peeps can even sit at home by 10:00am but run things in the office by phone. Life is concocted in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by fredoooooo: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2015
wtfCode:
what of the 2 church at the back of my house.
They're always on competition of who makes noise pass...no one wanna hear what the other one is preaching.
free religion madness grin
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Hila12(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2015
Heartless people called Pastors, disturbing everyone's peace and calm in homes, yet they claim to be doing God's work.

Is religion by force? Keep your message to yourself and shut the fuuuck up!

Pathetic country where churches contribute to deceit and downfall.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Folksyharry(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2015
I think what should be done is to order all the churches and mosques to stop mounting loud speakers outside. they should keep all their speakers inside their hall and possibly use sound proof doors to reduce noise further

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by AmaechiLinus(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Gud one! Also order d removal of every Horn speaker (hauja) in churches n mosque too usually hang at d top of Roof or souroundings. Not only in Lag now but Naija at large
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by SisiNini(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
They forgot that new born babies, people that are hypertensive and sick people that needs sound sleep might be in their neighbourhood... Funny enough, most of these religious outfits will have 3 people in attendance and still use megaphone...

God is not deaf...!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by omooba969(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2015
searay:

U shud keep ur comment to ursef & commend d state for checking d excesses of dis religious nuisance.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by chamboy(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2015
searay:

Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by inosend: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
Seconded to the move. A major reason why I avoided the church close to my house for a distant one is to be able to "complain" about the torture they subject us to in the name of praises on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2015
Atk01:
Well, that's good.

It is not just good
It is amazing-ful cool
More news like this please....and especially in Enugu
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members / Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.