Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,321 members, 7,913,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:13 PM

My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) (29644 Views)

Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics / The Official Fuel Price At Total Filling Station Today 12 May, 2016 Photo / Photos From The Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by joseph1832(m): 1:27am On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:
This isn't funny. How can the independent marketers hold the whole country to ransome?

It is a big shame and a disgrace that the so-called Giant of Africa, and producer of crude oil is up till this present time still suffering fuel scarcity. Shame on the Nigerian government.
And some darn fool will be screaming "GEJ till 2019".

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Bifwoli: 1:34am On May 01, 2015
OoduaVanguard:
But Jonathan why? ?

Things will be much,much worse under the goat herder Buhari.He's gonna make all Nigeria as poor,disorganised,less productive and hellish just like his native north.

1 Like

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by EVERCUTE(m): 1:36am On May 01, 2015
No be small thing oo. Ibadan is not funny either.

1 Like

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by intergral(m): 1:40am On May 01, 2015
Luedave:
What a great day in Oando filling station at ile-epo, agege, lagos.... I bounced out of my house at around 11a.m in the terrible heat in search of fuel, and after trekking up to a mile and visited eight filling stations, i landed in HELL...

Yes i called it hell because it was a very big battle ground as every buyer fought to get served... Hundreds of buyers were beaten for misbehaving by the MOPOL and SOLDIERS in charge...

I recorded over 28 fight videos but too bad i can't upload them here... Even the MOPOLs fought With Soldiers... It was fun as i 'gisted' political issues with many people and scoped the beautiful ladies on the queue.... To see how bad we Nigerians are, the branch manager was beaten by a soldier for filling four 50 litres kegs of petrol and kept in his office to sell for those interested in black market....

that's heaven compared to what we are face in Abuja, ask any body about NNPC filling station at wuse zone 1 or games village... I left my home by 4am and got fuel aroun 5:30 pm

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Nobody: 1:47am On May 01, 2015
Luedave:
What a great day in Oando filling station at ile-epo, agege, lagos.... I bounced out of my house at around 11a.m in the terrible heat in search of fuel, and after trekking up to a mile and visited eight filling stations, i landed in HELL...

Yes i called it hell because it was a very big battle ground as every buyer fought to get served... Hundreds of buyers were beaten for misbehaving by the MOPOL and SOLDIERS in charge...

I recorded over 28 fight videos but too bad i can't upload them here... Even the MOPOLs fought With Soldiers... It was fun as i 'gisted' political issues with many people and scoped the beautiful ladies on the queue.... To see how bad we Nigerians are, the branch manager was beaten by a soldier for filling four 50 litres kegs of petrol and kept in his office to sell for those interested in black market....

Bros, no work ?

7 Hours where ?

4 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by mandax: 1:51am On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
And some darn fool will be screaming "GEJ till 2019".

GEJ is busy preparing handover notes. You still de blame Jonathan.

During the last time Baba was HoS, we had to queue for hours before we got items as common as sugar, tea, rice, etc. They were rationed to us as essential commodities by koboko-wielding soldiers, as we stood for up to 10 hours sometimes under rain and sun.

Since then, Baba never attend any school to better his knowledge about governing a country.

Did you not see the ugly treatment soldiers gave to civilians in the filling station yesterday? Before Baba won, soldiers no de display such harsh mannerism. Continue to blame Jonah.

When you were shouting Sai Baba, and people were telling you that you want change from fry pan to fire, hate for Jonathan and his people no allow you think.
Next time, a soldier can overthrow a civilian government, then after running military dictatorship, that soldier comes back to you and ask you to vote him president, why can't you vote the ex-dictator and he becomes president?

Last presidential election, you people gave serving soldiers a license to organize military coup d'etat.

4 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by chesm(f): 1:55am On May 01, 2015
Being on naira land for 2 yrs+ but Ave since remained a guest viewing pplz comments and many e-fights, well it was fun but now AM BACK TO STAY!!

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by AlfyTheBlogger: 1:55am On May 01, 2015
No be small tin oh... even when I was going out yesterday it was hell...
Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by 14(m): 1:58am On May 01, 2015
Meanwhile in South Africa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by mandax: 2:13am On May 01, 2015
Slimborne:
Nigerians are the most ungreatfull humans ever present on earth, a govt took the pains to try dismantling the cabals that held Nigerians to ransom for years with 6 months intervals of compensatory scarcity to oil marketers to quiet them from the steady loot that was going on in the industry,
GEj took the painful decision of turning from this cabal whose back he rode to power against all odds by attempting subsidy removal, ie let the market be competitive n people patronize the cheapest,
the cabals got angry we didn't support him, he retraced his steps,
even at that keep the country wet with fuel for more than 3years although not at very friendly prices, ask yourself, since march 2011 till February 2015 when was the last time you had to bribe an attendant to get a litre of fuel,

OBJ was minister of petrol himself in his regime but scarcity was every 6-7months

when GEJ needed us the masses whom he worked for, we joined the cabal who held us to ransom for years to castigate him.
l

Fuel scarcity is a greatest curse to any country and can ruin the country's economy and its people in a very short period.

Jonathan dismantled the fuel scarcity cabals in Nigeria; cabals which for decades ruined business in Nigeria, arrested development in Nigeria.

At one point during the cabal-made fuel scarcity, rich Nigerians started building petrol depots in their compoounds. That stopped when Jonathan drove away the cabals from business.

But Nigerians rewarded Jonathan with calling him clueless, ogogoro drinker, made caricatures of Jonathan sailing home to Otuoke on a dingy boat, after a political routing in Abuja.
And if Jonathan was not too good, who did Nigerians replace Jonathan with? Buhari

6 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:14am On May 01, 2015
yemstok:

Bro! I was there too o! spent 2hrs there then I left for the fuel station before Iyana-Ipaja along Ipaja-Agege road opposite Government college. I eventually got fuel 10pm after 5hrs on the queue.
Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by rusher14: 2:14am On May 01, 2015
mandax:

GEJ is bust preparing handover notes. You still de blame Jonathan.

During the last time Baba was HoS, we had to queue for hours before we got items as common as sugar, tea, rice, etc. They were rationed to us as essential commodities by koboko-wielding soldiers, as we stood for up to 10 hours sometimes under rain and sun.

Since then, Baba never attend any school to better his knowledge about governing a country.

Did you not see the ugly treatment soldiers gave to civilians in the filling station yesterday? Before Baba won, soldiers no de display such harsh mannerism. Continue to blame Jonah.

When you were shouting Sai Baba, and people were telling you that you want change from fry pan to fire, hate for Jonathan and his people no allow you think.
Next time, a soldier can overthrow a civilian government, then after running military dictatorship, that soldier comes back to you and ask you to vote him president, why can't you vote the ex-dictator and he becomes president?

Last presidential election, you people gave serving soldiers a license to organize military coup d'etat.
[b]
So GMB is the commander-in-chief?

You may have your sentiments about who you think is the better leader but it doesn't entitle you to silly statements.

There's a thing called sustainable development, not really a complex concept to understand.

You cannot continue to payout 'subsidies' at the levels we have had to over the years - please see PwC report.

Some would argue but ''Jonathan attempted to remove subsidies ''. My response to that is: he was a lilly-livered leader who could not stand by what he knew to be right all for the sake of wanting to be in power.

The refineries have not been fixed and fictitious sums have been spent on products never imported or delivered. Yet, you would prefer to blame the man who hasn't even been sworn into office.

I know your type: since Jonathan was voted out, you would do anything to make sure the next president fails.

Endure the next couple of days, maybe months.

A situation is being inherited but it would be overcome. I know this because there are technocrats and visionaries on the stable of the new president. There is also a honest commitment for a change of debilitating policies.

It would do you well to join in to make things better, rather than throw insults at one who hasn't even worn his gloves for the fight.[/b]

10 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by chamboy(m): 2:18am On May 01, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wwait for Buhari d magician, he promised us paradise
so u want to continue living in hell... suffering fits ur generations

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by chamboy(m): 2:22am On May 01, 2015
Mogidi:
The hoarding of fuel has started in preparation for the incoming olodo.
get a life fool

3 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by chamboy(m): 2:28am On May 01, 2015
Who is The CURRENT President of NIGERIA

Too many goats on here

4 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:29am On May 01, 2015
Princecalm:
Imagine an Oil producing nation.
producing or extracting country?
Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by kingaaj: 2:56am On May 01, 2015
We have fuel scarcity in the country and what u keep shouting is what will the APC govt will do.

My question to you is: WHAT HAS THE PDP GOVT DONE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM FOR 16YRS?

Pls let the CHANGE start with your thinking.

THINK POSITIVE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by mandax: 2:57am On May 01, 2015
rusher14:

[b]

You may have your sentiments about who you think is the better leader but it doesn't entitle you to silly statements.

There's a thing called sustainable development, not really a complex concept to understand.

You cannot continue to payout 'subsidies' at the levels we have had to over the years - please see PwC report.

Some would argue but ''Jonathan attempted to remove subsidies ''. My response to that is: he was a lilly-livered leader who could not stand by what he knew to be right all for the sake of wanting to be in power.

The refineries have not been fixed and fictitious sums have been spent on products never imported or delivered. Yet, you would prefer to blame the man who hasn't even been sworn into office.

I know your type: since Jonathan was voted out you would do anything to make sure the next president fails.

A situation is being inherited but it would be overcome. I know this because there are technocrats and visionaries on the stable of the new president. There is also a honset commitment for a change of debilitating policies.

It would do you well to join in to make things better, rather than throw insults at one who hasn't even worn his gloves for the fight.[/b]

Before Baba election victory, it was rare seeing soldiers' maltreatment of civilians in that style as shone yesterday in the petrol station.

Take it or leave it, you voted and brought back to rule you a soldier who ruled after soldiers used force to down a democratically-elected government. So don't blame the soldiers if they take the stance of being a most superior set in Nigeria. Don't blame Nigeria soldiers if tomorrow they organize and down a civilian government.

Simply put, after Baba's election victory, soldiers may have resorted to their old belief that they are the most superior set in Nigeria.

Whatever steps a government used in about five Years to stop harsh scarcity of engine fuel which for decades frequently arrested movement in Nigeria, the government needed to be applauded.

After our notorious religious violence, wonder how many TRUE experts from the West can venture into Nigeria for refinery works.

Not wishing Baba bad, but one thing is certain, irrespective of the experts Baba must be constrained to employ to govern Nigeria, the buck must stop at Baba's table; but how many months or years of further schooling had Baba put in since the last time he was HoS?

Please stop being insulting or don't reply me again.

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Yomboy4ever(m): 2:59am On May 01, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

So you are now blaming Buhari for your failures .
When you dey shout Gej till 2050 Ur brain don pafuka dat time?
Pls ask your clueless Role model to fix the problems he created and stop shouting buhari buhari as if you a robot.
Mind you, Buharil till 2024 if you and your co idiots are not okay with that you can jump into the lagoon. tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by uyplus(m): 3:01am On May 01, 2015
mandax:

Before Baba election victory, it was rare seeing soldiers' maltreatment of civilians in that style as shone yesterday in the petrol station.

Take it or leave it, you voted and brought back to rule you a soldier who ruled after soldiers used force to down a democratically-elected government. So don't blame the soldiers if they take the stance of being a most superior set in Nigeria. Don't blame Nigeria soldiers if tomorrow they organize and down a civilian government.

Simply put, after Baba's election victory, soldiers may have resorted to their old belief that they are the most superior set in Nigeria.

Whatever steps a government used in about five Years to stop harsh scarcity of engine fuel which for decades frequently arrested movement in Nigeria, the government needed to be applauded.

After our notorious religious violence, wonder how many TRUE experts from the West can venture into Nigeria for refinery works.

Not wishing Baba bad, but one thing is certain, irrespective of the experts Baba must be constrained to employ to govern Nigeria, the buck must stop at Baba's table; but how many months or years of further schooling had Baba put in since the last time he was HoS?

I wonder if you have a functional brain or you are simply thinking thru your spinal cord to ever desire Gej ruling us for another 4years. With all the revelations on funds misappropriation, corrupt public holders, corrupt politicians never getting punished and all. Tell me what has to be applauded in the outgoing regime? Gej couldn't even fix the damn refinery which is obviously the solution to this subsidy payment claims. What was the Sure-p funds used to do? Wasn't repairing the refinery part OT the agreement? This stupid talk about the railway is 70% funded by the Chinese government. So what has this outgoing administration done with our funds Pls? And someone in his right senses will spew garbage all in support of a clueless leader who has brought shame, suffering and pain upon the masses. Silly asss..

7 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by rusher14: 3:30am On May 01, 2015
mandax:

I spoke about sustainable development in my last post but for some strange reason you have ignored its necessity.

I am not so short-sighted to applaud any leader who doesn't understand that some solutions are good only for the short-run but would surely lead to a cataclysmic end in the long run.

To the issue of solders acting as they are wont to do, there is a C-in-C who needs to address that.

Soldiers of the Nigerian mould act the way they do because the head encourages it - simples.

When GMB takes the mantle of leadership we would address him for his position on issues under his stewardship, but until then he is not the villain.

You need to let go of the outcome of the elections otherwise it's going to be 4 long years.

1 Like

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Nobody: 3:51am On May 01, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
But you didn't vote for him so there will be no paradise for you
Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by ocelot2006(m): 4:20am On May 01, 2015
rusher14:

[b]

I know your type: since Jonathan was voted out you would do anything to make sure the next president fails.

A situation is being inherited but it would be overcome. I know this because there are technocrats and visionaries on the stable of the new president. There is also a honset commitment for a change of debilitating policies.

Hold up....so GEJ is now "lilly livered" for not refusing to end the subsidy payments? Were you clowns not the ones that were baying for his blood and head after his initial decision to end that fraud, all because you were not ready or willing to make the needed sacrifice. Didnt you clowns also call him names (eg clueless, etc)? Now you.have the useless audacity to blame him? Abeg free the man. YOU ALL ASKED FOR THIS MESS SO ACCEPT IT WITH OPEN ARMS. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Gboliwe: 4:24am On May 01, 2015
It's funny how that we live in the same country and something this serious is going on and I don't even get to know about it till I read it online.

It's been drive in, buy and drive out in my end. Even though it's at N100, it's a lot better. Yesterday evening, on my way back after 7pm, the attendant told us or rather I saw the price to be N120, I told my companion to better buy it that I heard fuel was going to be scarce. Never knew it is this bad.

Anyway, it's been ages since we had this sort of queue. It's part of the transition. It gets darkest before dawn. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by free2ryhme: 4:24am On May 01, 2015
and we say we have a president in this country.

Yet he has chosen to sit and watch this country plunge into chaos over fuel scarcity.

Just becos he lost an election he decided to punish the masses thus way.

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Gboliwe: 4:27am On May 01, 2015
kropotkin2:
But you didn't vote for him so there will be no paradise for you

What kind of mentality is this? I have been reading silly talks like this thrown around here and there, but I don't get the idea behind it.

1 Like

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Raiders: 4:40am On May 01, 2015
mandax:

In the last 5 years, this ugly experience of Fuel Scarcity became forgotten, a thing of the past.
From the look of things, may be, this is just the beginning.

If this goes on for one year under Baba, the economy of South Sudan must overtake Nigeria's. Those who said it was a lie that under Jonathan government, Nigeria's economy overtook South Africa's as Africa's fastest growing economy, because Nigerians were not also rich ....

Sai Baba.
Sai Baba.
Sai Baba.
Sai Baba.
Sai Baba.

Change.

Change.

Change.

Chanhe.

Change. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
mugu!!! Is buhari the president of Nigeria? Why don't you allow the poor man take over before criticizing him? Pdp had 16 yrs to repair and build our refinery but they chooseto do nothing

3 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by bezimo(m): 4:42am On May 01, 2015
Cabalocracy is responsible for this dismal situation.The government of the Cabals by the Cabals and for the Cabals.I hope Buhari can destroy and disband the Cabals operating in the Nigerian oil downstream sector.

2 Likes

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by Nobody: 4:42am On May 01, 2015
Where are the refinneries Gej promised to turn around or build with subsidy money? Bunch of liers.

1 Like

Re: My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) by rusher14: 4:43am On May 01, 2015
ocelot2006:

Hold up....so GEJ is now "lilly livered" for not refusing to end the subsidy payments? Were you clowns not the ones that were baying for his blood and head after his initial decision to end that fraud, all because you were not ready or willing to make the needed sacrifice. Didnt you clowns also call him names (eg clueless, etc)? Now you.have the useless audacity to blame him? Abeg free the man. YOU ALL ASKED FOR THIS MESS SO ACCEPT IT WITH OPEN ARMS. Nonsense.

Funny enough, if there was one policy I supported him for, it was the removel of subsidy.

I have known it to be a scam, a conduit for looting the treasury and largely an unsustainable mechanism.

I would gladly acccept its removal today as i was back then.

So, before you think every single person in opposition of his leadership is in opposition to all his policies, realise ....it simply isn't true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues / IPOB Members Storm Abuja House In London To Protest Against Buhari. Photos / Udom Emmanuel Hosts Daniel Olukoya Of MFM (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.