Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,798 members, 7,941,992 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Law Vs. Legalism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Vs. Legalism (2054 Views)

Should Believers Observe The Law? / Breaking The Bondage Of LEGALISM (tithing) / Did Jesus Destroy The Law Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Vs. Legalism by menesheh(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
dsquare33:
A lot of people in this part of the world don't understand the meaning of grace.'For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves;it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast' Ephesians 2vs8.like you have rigthly said there is alot of touch not taste not, in our churches especially our 'conservative' churches and because there is too much 'spying and condmnation' they cast away that grace, thereby subjecting people to rigorous legalism. That is why you see some christians looking too stern and stoic in nature. For the mere fact that I am under grace does'nt mean I should commit adultery, stealing,keeping malice, harbouring unforgivness , envy.backbitting,taking bribe. I am suppose to hate what the LORD hates and loves what HE loves and how do I do this by walking in the Spirit Galatians 5vs16 'I say then walk in the Spirit and you shall not fufill the lust of the flesh' asking for grace to always obey His will.I remember while I was in a market oneday heard a preacher he was emphasising on women who fix weavons and wearing trousers,I just said how can he be wasting the Message like this instead he should have preach salvation, saving grace and God's enternal love and condemnation he just deviated.The whites who brought the gospel understood Grace in its all fullness nowonder some of them enjoy good relationship with God.

Are you containing that the Bible principles should replace our legal society and that legal punishment should be replace by fasting, prayers, restitution, grace and the sorts like that.
Idealism can be adopted to perfect realism. But in this your context, combination of Bible laws should go hand in hand with legal laws which will certainly go against your beliefs and will also go against legal principles.

The funniest part is that we don't have a single or homogeneous religious principles. The other one will say this, then the other that. Which kind of society are professing. Society of war, vendetta, chaos, illegality in the name of devine law etc.

1 Like

Re: The Law Vs. Legalism by davien(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You don't need to confuse "kind" with "species" because they are different. A species is a man made term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the the term "kind" in Genesis chapter 1 when God created plants and animals "according to their kinds." A scientific experiment has to be repeatable and we see that plants and animals produce within the boundary of their kinds up to this day. Evidence to support this concept is what we see clearly today as there are no reports of dats (dog + cat) because they are animals of a different kind. If two animals can breed together then they are generally of the same kind.
Good,so lions and tigers are the same "kind" then?... grin

The problem with this biblically derived classification scheme is that,it is not very detailed as a biological classification....

For example,sub-species that are geologically separated which can no longer successfully breed with other populations would have to be considered different "kinds"...

Read Genesis chapter 1 where you will find the animals were created "according to their kinds."
I asked for an experiment validating said term, not a reinterpreted passage from the bible...

As I said earlier, if 2 animals can breed together then they are most likely of the same kind. Lions and Tigers are of the same Cat family (Felidae) and can produce Ligers and Tigons respectively.
That's very good....now since lions are tigers are the "same kind" and can produce "ligers and tigons",then why can't those same ligers and tigons produce after their own "kind"?

If a scientist views the earth with biblical glasses he would come to the conclusion that it is about 6,000 years old but if he uses the glasses that is based on human reasoning alone he would wrongly conclude that it looks old.
A subjective view is one thing,a result based on experimentation and objective evidences is another.....

why should a scientist base any observation from biblical interpretation?...when biblical interpretation labels bats as fowls,cattle being able to give birth to striped offspring and stars being able to be trampled on,when we know for certain that those things are wrong?...would such person be a scientist or a charlatan?

undecided

God who created the earth was an eyewitness to the creation event and He recorded the truth that it is a young world created about 6,000 years ago and it only looks old because it is the destroyed remains of the original earth God created and is still marred by the subsequent Curse.
How do we come to this conclusion?
If you simply accept the bible as an account of truth then the problem now becomes how do you validate the bible through your fallible human senses....even then the bible has passed through fallible human reinterpretations...how do you know you're not guilty of it?
Re: The Law Vs. Legalism by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
davien:

Good,so lions and tigers are the same "kind" then?... grin

Affirmative. cool

davien:

The problem with this biblically derived classification scheme is that,it is not very detailed as a biological classification....

Creation scientists use the term Baramin to refer to created "kinds." Baraminology is a field of study that attempts to classify fossil and living organisms into baramins. Baramin is commonly believed to be at the level of family and possibly order for some plants/animals such as the common classification scheme of kingdoms, phylum, class, order, family, genus or species).

davien:

For example,sub-species that are geologically separated which can no longer successfully breed with other populations would have to be considered different "kinds"...

The basis of classification of physical characteristics and DNA for living organisms is hybridization. Hybrid animals are the result of breeding of animals in question. If 2 animals can produce a hybrid such as Ligers and Tigons, then they are considered to be of the same kind. Their inability to reproduce does not necessarily mean that they are of the same kind, it may be as a result of mutations since sin entered into this world. Hybrid animals are usually the result of parent animals that have similar chromosome numbers and many times hybrids are infertile due to an uneven chromosome number that affects the production of eggs and sperm. However, this is not always the case with hybrids such as Zonkeys, Zorses and Mules.

davien:

I asked for an experiment validating said term, not a reinterpreted passage from the bible...

Even with experiments there should be observations. Those of you who believe in evolution and that billions of years ago (when there was nobody there to observe) that the universe came into existence by a big bang. Then billions of years ago (when there was nobody there to see) that the earth came into existence. Then billions of years ago (when there was zilch people there as witnesses) that life formed on earth. Then millions of years ago (still no one there to observe) animals began changing into other animals. Then 2 million years ago (still no one about) an animal like an ape began to change into a human being. Is that not your story? Was there anyone around to observe when your concepts took place?

Contrariwise, the Bible, God's word, though written by holy men of God, informs us that God was there and He has given us an eyewitness account of exactly how the universe and everything was created and this is what we still observe today. It boils down to faith, you believe in blind faith while creation scientists believe in biblical faith. You believe in faulty human beings who doesn't know everything while we Christians, believe and trust God who knows everything and who has always been there.

davien:

That's very good....now since lions are tigers are the "same kind" and can produce "ligers and tigons",then why can't those same ligers and tigons produce after their own "kind"?

I believe that I have addressed this question in the post above.

davien:

A subjective view is one thing,a result based on experimentation and objective evidences is another.....

why should a scientist base any observation from biblical interpretation?...when biblical interpretation labels bats as fowls,cattle being able to give birth to striped offspring and stars being able to be trampled on,when we know for certain that those things are wrong?...would such person be a scientist or a charlatan?

undecided

Scientific method entails observation and test to be repeatable. To do proper science you will have to start off with a presupposition, whether you believe in a big bang (since you were not there to observe it when it happened) or that God created all things who was there when creation happened. God is an eyewitness to the creation account and He has recorded it for those who care to believe. It is only after this that proper science can begin.

davien:

How do we come to this conclusion?
If you simply accept the bible as an account of truth then the problem now becomes how do you validate the bible through your fallible human senses....even then the bible has passed through fallible human reinterpretations...how do you know you're not guilty of it?

The Bible is not a science textbook but whatever it says about science is accurate. This is because the Bible is of a supernatural origin. The word of God is "breathed out" by God through holy men who penned them down. If Bible is from God then we should expect it to be true and we should be able to test it. This can be done in various ways. In Genesis chapter 1 to 11 we can read accounts of many historical events regarding the beginning of this universe and through the application of science we can conclude that God's account is true.

God informs us in Genesis 1 that animals, plants, birds and every living thing were created after their own kind. Dogs only produce dogs and cats only produce cats and this is precisely what we see today. We are also able to confirm many other aspects of the Bible's history in other areas of science such as astronomy and geology. We can also rely on the Bible's truth when it comes to our Lord Jesus Christ for example. Many prophecies about Him were made hundred of years before He came to earth as a man. Because I can confirm the history in the Bible, I can have faith in all that the Bible has to tell me. However, the main reason I can trust the Bible is because it is from God and as a result I can use it as my presupposition in my living, learning and actions.
Re: The Law Vs. Legalism by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
Where has davian disappeared to?
Re: The Law Vs. Legalism by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
What happened to davian? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Lesbian Repents, Boasts Of God, Her Before And After Photos Will Shock U / How To Be Saved From Eternal Damnation Instructions / Rccg 64th Convention 2016. Theme Amen. Message And Prayer Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.