Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,393 members, 7,950,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? (38431 Views)

Abortion By A Married Woman, Is It Justifiable? / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Dheartless: 12:20pm On May 07, 2015
woman wey stab man bottle for yansh dey front page o, all this idiots dey there dey celebrate.

now them say under no circumstances.

any woman-pig that touches me whether mildly but in intention to abuse me physically, I go break your head with bottle.
if you like verbally insult me I don't care about that one but don't come close with your hands raised against me, you'll be sorry for life.

by the way
the actions of your friends husband is wrong and unjustifiable.

1 Like

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 07, 2015
Tesley:

Now I wonder why you say such. Question is;who beats up the guys when he's wrong or messes up? Abi we guys no dey mess up? I guess its some some I sane male ego maschulini prowess path that most males have adopted in their minds that make them think they have the right to hit a woman.

It goes this way,hold her hand,sit her down and talk to her.if she is enraged let her steam cool, then start with simple questions,shell calm down and appologise then you move on.

Has worked for me for six years now........
Never hit a woman.
owk, thats nice. Thanks
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=funlord post=33504138][/quote]

I haven't got too much in my hands today, you could try again some other time. ;S
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Tesley: 12:24pm On May 07, 2015
Sophyrocks:
There is absolutely no reason to beat a woman. If there is, then it is also justified to beat everyone else including men themselves. Peeps always forget that women are not the only ones who provoke them. Your friends, parents and bosses provoke you everyday. Do we go beating up anyone who provokes us? Why is being a woman different? Maybe we should enroll the guys here in a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. Lets see if they will survive his beating.

Thumbs up...I wish we had a term like self beating...when you realise you mess up,help ur woman out at beating your self.BRUTALLY.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by chybeauty30(f): 12:27pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=MojiDelano post=33498731]My very intimate friend was recently at the rough end of a physical assault from her husband. This has been going on for a while and as usual she found it very difficult to tell me because she knows I won't take it well. Her hubby was due to travel back to NIGERIA from the UK and as usual he was packing her designer bags as gifts to his younger sister who by the way was not on speaking terms with my friend. Her mild rejection of his plan which was all the more insulting since he did not take permission from her before just invading her closet got him mad and the beating and blows commenced.

She said this time, she was sure that he meant to kill her. He grabbed tight her throat, planning to choke her, scratched at her face all the while raining blows on her repeatedly screaming, the intervention of her kids and her father could not save her from this hell. When he was done, he left her utterly humiliated and headed for the airport.

To make matters worse, her parents not wanting the humiliation of a divorce are insisting that she should remain a good wife and even go and apologise to the beast for verbally and physically assaulting her.

I love her and remain deeply helpless as I see that this will not end. So I ask, when is it justifiable to beat up a woman or is it ever justifiable to do that?

What advise can I give her. I plan to rescue her but would she be alive by the time I am ready? I am afraid.any man dat beats a woman is not a man but an animal,there lots of. Ways a. Man can deal with a woman without beating her. It is only an irresponsible man dat beats a woman
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by macof(m): 12:28pm On May 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
I just smh each time I see people talking aggressively and raining curses on guys each time a topic like this arises

Not every guy who lay hands on ladies is happy doing it. Sometimes it just happens unconsciously which might later put you in deep regrets

Sometimes, my mom can be so annoying that she stretches my tolerance to the end point that I feel like engaging in a physical combat with her, just that it's not just possible cheesy

I have never lay hands on ladies and I will never
but I think it can be justifiable depending on the context or situation

Personally, it's very evident to me that many ladies seem to take advantage of the fact that the society kicks against a guy beating a lady, therefore, they ride on you and even do nasty things that warrant beating cos they know that people will rebuke you if you dare try that

My elder brother told me that during his 100L, a lady has once registered a slap on his face in the lecture room just because he missed his steps and accidentally stepped on her sandal. She added another slap even when he said "sorry"... in that case, if he retaliated, would you call him a misogynist ?

Well said.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Harrysimon: 12:28pm On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

I pray you die before you are able to tie the knot.

It is not a curse, darling.

You are a beast, and in first place you shouldn't have been conceived. You were a mistake. Please do the world a favour by taking your own life.
@jstfoloit seems ur brain needs formatting.had it being real life nw I wld have given you what u wnt be able to take..idiot
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by TheEqualizer: 12:29pm On May 07, 2015
Very justifiable.

Smack'a'ho.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 07, 2015
Harrysimon:
@jstfoloit seems ur brain needs formatting.had it being real life nw I wld have given you what u wnt be able to take..idiot

Rants of a coward undecided

1 Like

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by CJ310(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2015
When is it justifiable for a man to beat a woman? How about NEVER! Can't even be friends with fools that beat let alone do it. Women are too easy to handle, no need to beat, even the stubborn ones...I even prefer stubborn women.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by abbey621(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2015
Never say never, even the holiest of men are subjected to temptations. The truth is there are many situations in which a man can hit a woman either through provocation or insanity but just because you can do something does not mean you should. In a country like Nigeria, men reign supreme afterall in 80% of all marriages the man is the breadwinner. I can understand a slap or two when emotionally stressed or physically threatened but punches and choking that's just brutal. There are far better ways to deal with a woman than violence, it's all about knowledge and understanding. Which brings me to my final point, 99% of the time, if a woman behaves well,she won't get hit. From the write up by the OP, the husband is taking her designer bags and giving it to his siblings so she decided to be combative, did the OP bother to find out who bought those bags for her or who takes care of the bills in the house? Did the OP consider there might be more to the story than meets the eyes? I've dated a girl before who cheated on me and when I decided the relationship was over, I took back the brand new laptop I bought for her and phone, she became very upset, tore her clothes, punched herself and threatened to call the cops and accuse me of rape. Can you imagine? I know the lady is your friend but did you witness the confrontation between her and the husband or are you just going to take her word for it and become the judge and executioner? When they eventually settle how would you look in the eyes of the husband?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 12:44pm On May 07, 2015
grin
Justfollowit:

I haven't got too much in my hands today, you could try again some other time. ;S
Try? Against a child! Lmfao! Take note of the moniker dear when next u feel lucky u can holler!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 07, 2015
falconey:

I was.

No be only you get nyash and breast.........my market go sell.

Lol hehehe
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 07, 2015
Tesley:

Thumbs up...I wish we had a term like self beating...when you realise you mess up,help ur woman out at beating your self.BRUTALLY.

Seriously, if all women should be beaten when they mess up, who will beat up the men that mess up? Abi na only woman dey mess up? Maybe women should beat up men that mess up or enroll them in boxing matches with their fellow men since they feel like punching someone. Using the ideology of someone provoking you is a sick mentality. You dnt go punching anyone that annoys you. Instead you avoid such people and stay away from unnecessary arguments. Its high women learn self defence. God knows such a man who tries it with me will bleed.

1 Like

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Rose2014: 12:49pm On May 07, 2015
funlord:
cheesy vickybee wey don run from nl since last week? And I saw sum guys hunting 4 dis rosie yesterday sef! Na ending get her Oh!

Why? What have I done biko?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by NZEGWUAGU(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2015
Very hot slap once in a year possibly in December before the new year's day to cleanse her of her sins of nagging, flirting and cheating as the case may be. Guys beating a woman once in a while is good and wonderful cos it straightens them up and knocks them into line. Just make sure you do not kill her in the process but beating a woman comes highly recommended. Try it and you will not stop thanking me
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Lilimax(f): 12:52pm On May 07, 2015
funlord:
grin Quiet! If u comment again I will come and give u a SAVAGE BEDROOM BEATING!
A woman beater alert shocked shocked shocked smiley
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Moana(f): 12:57pm On May 07, 2015
Most NL guys thinks its justifiable to hit any other woman who is not his mother
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2015
Lilimax:

A woman beater alert shocked shocked shocked smiley
....Haba sister! Bedroom beating dey sweet na! No be bruce lee type I talk say I wan give U oh?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by justwise(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2015
katunj:
you will walk away even when she had smash a coca cola bottle on your head? Abeg try answer this am waiting.

You don't have to stand there and allow her to smash the bottle on your head, you can push her away, take the bottle away from her, leave the environment until she calms down. Marriage that gets to that violent need a divorce
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Seriously, if all women should be beaten when they mess up, who will beat up the men that mess up? Abi na only woman dey mess up? Maybe women should beat up men that mess up or enroll them in boxing matches with their fellow men since they feel like punching someone. Using the ideology of someone provoking you is a sick mentality. You dnt go punching anyone that annoys you. Instead you avoid such people and stay away from unnecessary arguments. Its high women learn self defence. God knows such a man who tries it with me will bleed.
It's a man's world baby and nobody can do anything about it. That self defense will lead you to death because you will provoke a man the more when you start charging Karate for him on top of his anger. Better learn to behave well around your guy before you get hurt. Just learn how to keep your mouth shut and keep your legs crossed. Also always wear a metal breastplate against trespassers. That way no guy will be mad with you to the point of beating the shit out of you. If you do not heed my advice abeg wen they pluck your teeth bring them I go buy!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 1:04pm On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Try? Lol! Listen child, take note of my moniker! Whenever U feel the need, holler at me and see if you can go the distance!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Slimzjoe(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2015
icedbeatz:

no bro don't be sentimental here, that man messed up how can a man take his wife's bag away from her just to give it to his sister as a gift?!? he's supposed to be buying things for his wife and not taking things away from wrong, that's totally wrong.

@vickybee rose2014 oyah finish him, (nairaland feminists team)

Dude, don't tell me you totally believe that the Husband will just beat her for this reason?? The wife has probably said or done something else that she has refused to say.
How do you think a man will get angry simply becos his wife said don't take my bag undecided

That doesn't mean I support men who batter there wives....I've never seen my Old man do it so why would I?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by ko7la: 1:06pm On May 07, 2015
WITH THE SENSE OF PURPOSE AND SINCERERITY THERE IS NO TIME A WOMAN SHOULD BE BEATING.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Slimzjoe(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2015
abbey621:
Never say never, even the holiest of men are subjected to temptations. The truth is there are many situations in which a man can hit a woman either through provocation or insanity but just because you can do something does not mean you should. In a country like Nigeria, men reign supreme afterall in 80% of all marriages the man is the breadwinner. I can understand a slap or two when emotionally stressed or physically threatened but punches and choking that's just brutal. There are far better ways to deal with a woman than violence, it's all about knowledge and understanding. Which brings me to my final point, 99% of the time, if a woman behaves well,she won't get hit. From the write up by the OP, the husband is taking her designer bags and giving it to his siblings so she decided to be combative, did the OP bother to find out who bought those bags for her or who takes care of the bills in the house? Did the OP consider there might be more to the story than meets the eyes? I've dated a girl before who cheated on me and when I decided the relationship was over, I took back the brand new laptop I bought for her and phone, she became very upset, tore her clothes, punched herself and threatened to call the cops and accuse me of rape. Can you imagine? I know the lady is your friend but did you witness the confrontation between her and the husband or are you just going to take her word for it and become the judge and executioner? When they eventually settle how would you look in the eyes of the husband?

You're on Point man.....women can be very Dramatic

1 Like

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Edusouls(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2015
Bevy12:
So wrong and there is absolutely no reason to beat a woman even if she offends you.
lies, u women are so much endowed with so much bad character and ill behaviours that you sometimes leave men with no option..women are so good in pushing men to the wall, and sometimes they get what they deserve...
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Bigdam(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Wen she fries d wrong egg and boils the wrong one
Blizzy9ja:
Wen she fries d wrong egg and boils the wrong one
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 07, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
It's a man's world baby and nobody can do anything about it. That self defense will lead you to death because you will provoke a man the more when you start charging Karate for him on top of his anger. Better learn to behave well around your guy before you get hurt. Just learn how to keep your mouth shut and keep your legs crossed. Also always wear a metal breastplate against trespassers. That way no guy will be mad with you to the point of beating the shit out of you. If you do not heed my advice abeg wen they pluck your teeth bring them I go buy!

Oh you so wish its a man's world but its not. People are now doing something about it. Domestic violence is now a crime so you need to get real. I am sure you will also provoke your gf or wife therefore she is also permitted to beat you up too. You never jam women wey go teach you the lesson you will never forget. she will also bring men to you for you to beat lets see how you will have the guts to punch them. You think because its a man's world then you can go punching any woman? You will soon jam rock. I will bring floyd to box with you. a lot of you here making mouth are sissies. All talk no action. Na only fr woman body una get strength. Una go see something. Pray you dnt end up with a woman who will attack you in your sleep or when you are weak. Any man wey go try am with me go bleed gan.

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Bigdam(m): 1:12pm On May 07, 2015
it is okay to struck your woman in front of the kids ...to assert your status as dominant male of the pride.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 07, 2015
funlord:
Try? Lol! Listen child, take note of my moniker! Whenever U feel the need, holler at me and see if you can go the distance!

Why are you obsessed with me?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by musicwriter(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2015
@MojiDelano.
At no point is it justifiable to hit a woman. Women are the mother of creation and should be loved not beaten. Like China in my hands ladies look really vulnerable to me. However, you ladies do take a good man for granted, and I'm sure if you hear both sides of the story your view will change.

Anything that will prompt me to hit a lady would be enough for me to divorce her. I'll rather divorce a wife than hit her once.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2015
Warning: A bill was passed yeterday at the national assembly, Violence Against Persons and Properties bill(VAPP). Women are gonna capitalise on it to put guys away when they so desire. So my advise to guys is if you must beat your woman make sure you leave no evidence. You can choke her for a minute at intervals or deap her head in a bucket of water or use pepper water to wipe her asshole and pu ssy. That way it will be her words against yours since you will deny neatly. Contact me for more tips cos if a bird learns to fly without perching then the hunter would learn to shoot without missing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease / "Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady / Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.