Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (719387 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:48pm On May 19, 2015
hottyarewa:
smileyplease I nid help on ds..........I av bin denied visa b4,early ds year and finkn of reapplying since my admss is still on. I was denied wit a letter(214b) stated on it,what do you fink is the issue thou I went 4 my interview 4days 2 my schl resumption.

Sorry about your denial and dont give up

Can you post your interview transcript (the questions the VO asked you and the answers you gave to the VO)

If i may ask, are you going for undergraduate or graduate program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2015
CEOconcord:

Thanks so much Sir. INDEED! I have no excuse for my poor performance. I'm confused right now! Where do I start. Plsss
2.74 is not that bad dude. Are you an engineering student? If yes, check out university of North Dakota, Texas A&M Uni, Kingsville, Uni South Dakota. Peruse google and search for more. Don't be limited by the result as your GRE/TOEFL score would be factored during admission consideration. Never you patronise any agent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:50pm On May 19, 2015
mattkelly:

Picture or------------- grin

Where are you when they are sharing the picture

Anyway lets change topic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:51pm On May 19, 2015
mattkelly:

Bros eee..I see you..Your head dey valid..

I sight you too grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayocanny: 10:53pm On May 19, 2015
mattkelly:

Sweetheart,whats up jare?Na so jare..Meet you in yankee soon my dear..Them don dey fumble again..You come on a Public Space and claim champions when in real Life you are nothing but a timid person..Very Funny,extremely funny..Anywa sha,I know with Hardwork and perseverance we all go Make am..A million kisses for you grin grin grin
Idazbawz is watching u in HD, hehehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mattkelly: 10:57pm On May 19, 2015
bayocanny:

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 11:02pm On May 19, 2015
Please oh, why are we having hidden post in per seconds billing? I just log out and before I came back,hidden post everywhere..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2015
profojah:

Na you be boss, Things gonna work out fine this year!. You dey that side wey you tell me?
Yes oo. Thank you for your prayers. We are all bosses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wissy47: 11:09pm On May 19, 2015
ebdib:

The concept of full funding is not an undergraduate thing.
Most full funding you hear of are graduate assistantships to teach undergraduate and conduct research for the university in order to bring repute to the school. They're also paid stipends for their research and teaching duties.

It's quite rare seeing such at undergrad level.
You could get tuition remissions for good academic performance but full funding? Haven't heard of that for undergrads.
If you want to go on scholarship, study here, get your bachelor's with good grades study for gre and apply to good schools.

Good luck

bros what is d minimum grade for a student to get full funding ...
what are the step to take

tankx for ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:14pm On May 19, 2015
akin3102:
Please oh, why are we having hidden post in per seconds billing? I just log out and before I came back,hidden post everywhere..

Ask Justwise the question because he is in the best position to answer you why those posts were hidden.

Since it was hidden in per seconds billing then you should be posting in per minutes billing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 11:18pm On May 19, 2015
visa delayed in Abuja by one strict vo at window 9.

This is how it went:

me: ( with smiling face ) Good morning ma'am
vo: good morning, pass me ur docs
me: (passes them )
vo: ( types for a while ) u re studying, u re a student?
me: yes
vo: which school
me: xyz state polytechnic
vo: which course
me: 3-month noncredit course on mech eng
vo: what will u study in US
me: mechanical engineering
vo: why study in US
me: because academic experience and degrees from US universities are highly recognised and valued all over the world especially here by Nigerian employers. they....( she cuts )
vo: how many schools did you apply to
me: 4 schools
vo: how many accepted you
me: I was accepted by four of the schools
vo: what are they
me: uni of Maryland, njit , uni of Bridgeport &SUNY college at buffalo
vo: so why this school
me: I chose this school because of d competitiveness I recognised in their mech eng course when compared to oda universities mech eng courses that I applied for, which includes a well structured and cutting edge curriculum with a solid theoritical and extensive hands-on education, combined with a well equipped modern laboratories. most importantly dedicated and outstanding faculties who are experts and whose top priority is to inculcate in me the mech eng xperience dat can hep me to advance my career here in 9ja (she cuts)
vo: when did u finish sec skool
me: 2009
v.o: what have been doing
me: in 2010 I took jamb which gave me entrance to a national diploma course on mech end in 2011 and grad in 2013 after den undertuk a 1yr IT which was a mandatory requirement for my ND course on March eng and currently now attending a 3-month noncredit course on mech eng to keep me fit for this course I will face in US.
vo: did you write SAT
me: no but I took TOEFL
vo: who's paying for your fees
me; my dad
vo: what does he do
me: he is the owner and CEO of xyz enterprises nig ltd
the market leader in the importation and distribution of all kinds of electrical and electronic appliances and also automobile spare parts with head office in Lagos state and 10 other branched offices across the country.
vo: has ur dad travelled out
me: no ma'am
vo: unfortunately visa cannot be approved blaa bla bla h

from the last qstion and answer that I gave, I can see the mistake. But my dad does online business, doesn't travel. but I think I should have convinced the vo by telling the vo that he travels out even though he doesn't, since getting visa was the priority. Pls gurus in the house, out of this transcript, what caused the delay, pls don't cast aspersions because we all here to learn. No one knows it all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Aulor(m): 11:24pm On May 19, 2015
zeezahbee:
@bbdd, congrats my great colleague. I knew you will get it after all those your questions that filled my email up.
Like the PHarmacy slogan : as men of honor, we join hands
I welcome you to the uSA.
U inspire me to even find a way to get in for PHD cheesy cheesy
Congrats once again pharm
hi zee, sent u an email(dregun10@hotmail.com), still expecting a response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 11:42pm On May 19, 2015
portelli:

This is how it went:

me: because academic experience and degrees from US universities are highly recognised and valued all over the world especially here by Nigerian employers. they....( she cuts )
me: I chose this school because of d competitiveness I recognised in their mech eng course when compared to oda universities mech eng courses that I applied for, which includes a well structured and cutting edge curriculum with a solid theoritical and extensive hands-on education, combined with a well equipped modern laboratories. most importantly dedicated and outstanding faculties who are experts and whose top priority is to inculcate in me the mech eng xperience dat can hep me to advance my career here in 9ja (she cuts)
me: in 2010 I took jamb which gave me entrance to a national diploma course on mech end in 2011 and grad in 2013 after den undertuk a 1yr IT which was a mandatory requirement for my ND course on March eng and currently now attending a 3-month noncredit course on mech eng to keep me fit for this course I will face in US.
me; my dad
the market leader in the importation and distribution of all kinds of electrical and electronic appliances and also automobile spare parts with head office in Lagos state and 10 other branched offices across the country.

from the last qstion and answer that I gave, I can see the mistake. But my dad does online business, doesn't travel. but I think I should have convinced the vo by telling the vo that he travels out even though he doesn't, since getting visa was the priority. Pls gurus in the house, out of this transcript, what caused the delay, pls don't cast aspersions because we all here to learn. No one knows it all.

that window 9..last window to the right.....i thank God i no near that window.

bro just take your time and reapply ..go get your visa...you shall be favored next time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 11:51pm On May 19, 2015
portelli:

This is how it went:

me; my dad

boss try reapply..i didnt c any fault in ur interview o..mayb because u didnt do SAT sha.....mayb

but u wil get it in ur next interview amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by paulbets: 1:07am On May 20, 2015
Ahhh boss, na only uglies u wan make I dey toast? Diaris God o
profojah:

Is Your friend as beautiful and endowed as my Rokiatu and PussySandie??..
If yes, she will get her transcript sent...Tell her to pm me, I'll give her the number of the lady incharge of science' transcript BUT if she's not, paulbet will help grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:08am On May 20, 2015
ScholarAkassi:
I hail all the Gurus in the House. I am a neophyte on this forum, but I recognize bbdd from GradCafe. bbdd this is AfricanScholar congratulations on your visa approval. My visa interview is on the 26th May I wish myself and others the best. Although I was awarded a full scholarship (full tuition waiver and an annual stipend for 6 yrs) for my Ph.D at Rice University Houston Texas, but I must state here that all the transcripts I have read so far reveal one thing to me that visa approval is just by God's favour. When I did my masters in the UK, I enjoyed the luxury of Commonwealth Shared Scholarship so visa processing was so easy no interview, no qualms at all. My interview is 6:30 am in Lagos and like bbdd I pray not to go back home with my passport that day because by the grace of God the VO must say yes. The journey to this stage has been so rough and tough, but the prescient light I always visualize at the end of the tunnel has made the testimony to be sweeter. On this forum, I look forward to offering important tips for those applying for Ph.D and hopefully seeking for financial aid. From my experience, although your credentials must be appealing but it is really about selling yourself and demonstrating your potentials to Professors. It will be unwise for you to apply to departments where you did not communicate with their Professors before hand though you might be lucky to get in but in most cases you might end up just wasting the application fee. Communicating with Professors before hand is a crucial step for Ph.D admission and funding. I wish the whole house best of luck we will all excel. Cheers
omg, rice university cool shocked shocked shocked. I love that school. Congrats. Holla me when u get to Houston
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:10am On May 20, 2015
bayocanny:

Damn cheesy grin. It's been a while I heard from him. I miss Idaz cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:26am On May 20, 2015
zeezahbee:

Hmmmmm.. Really

Call him if you miss him more and more grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 5:50am On May 20, 2015
Walspring:

Hmmmmm.. Really

Call him if you miss him more and more grin grin grin

Na u sabi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 6:29am On May 20, 2015
portelli:

This is how it went:

me; my dad

My man just believe in God and reaply .I never see any reason that your dad has not traveled out got to do with your studies.
Maybe they use that as a measure to know if your Dad is really a big business man as you said.just pray in your next application God should give us a nice Vo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 6:40am On May 20, 2015
zeezahbee:

Oh, oh...... You won't hear from him for some time. He's getting the fact right now.

Once you step inside U.S, your orientation will change after a few months.

No one wants to live as undocumented forever.

I hope to know the outcome of those two fools (demmi or so) fooling themselves here with crappy puppy love.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:56am On May 20, 2015
What do you mean by undocumented? I thought he is on an F1? Fact?
imperiouxx:

You won't hear from him for some time. He's getting the fact right now.

I hope to know the outcome of those two fools (demmi or so) fooling themselves here with crappy puppy love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:01am On May 20, 2015
portelli:

This is how it went:

me; my dad

Oh no. How could the CO deny you a visa just like this?

Don't reapply yet. Defer your application to next session and go get your SAT and come up with another school like University of Maryland maybe.

SAT is important for science and engineering students.

Sorry for your inability to procure visa at this moment. I feel your pain.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 7:02am On May 20, 2015
sirRiddy:
What do you mean by undocumented? I thought he is on an F1? Fact?

I mean after your F1, you're a nobody until you're registered as a permanent resident of U.S.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:09am On May 20, 2015
imperiouxx:

Oh, oh...... You won't hear from him for some time. He's getting the fact right now.

Crappy puppy love? Hahahaha.

Lots of drama on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:20am On May 20, 2015
Thanks for the clarification.
The GC hustle, hmmm
imperiouxx:

I mean after your F1, you're a nobody until you're registered as a permanent resident of U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 7:23am On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:

Don't reapply yet. Defer your application to next session and go get your SAT and come up with another school like University of Maryland maybe.

Don't you think changing to another school would have effect on him?All he has to do is to do the sat exam. Just my 2 cent shaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:34am On May 20, 2015
udeyokay:

Don't you think changing to another school would have effect on him?All he has to do is to do the sat exam. Just my 2 cent shaa
I really don't think so if he changes school in as much as he can explain why he chose the school.

Some schools are there to make you struggle for visa, others increase your chances of getting it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 7:48am On May 20, 2015
haffikem:

that window 9..last window to the right.....i thank God i no near that window.

bro just take your time and reapply ..go get your visa...you shall be favored next time.

Amen, thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 7:49am On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:
I really don't think so if he changes school in as much as he can explain why he chose the school.

Some schools are there to make you struggle for visa, others increase your chances of getting it.

You are right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by yuugo: 7:53am On May 20, 2015
Good morning all

Please how much is the average cost of studying master in nursing degree in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 8:11am On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:
ridimic1:

boss try reapply..i didnt c any fault in ur interview o..mayb because u didnt do SAT sha.....mayb

but u wil get it in ur next interview amen

Amen thank you guys. But does it mean no SAT no visa for engineering students even though the person took another standardize test like TOEFL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.