Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,952 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (718947 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:12am On May 20, 2015
yuugo:
Good morning all

Please how much is the average cost of studying master in nursing degree in USA.

Haba
Google it pls.
Do you expect people to cram figures in their head?
Come on mehn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 8:20am On May 20, 2015
udeyokay:

My man just believe in God and reaply .I never see any reason that your dad has not traveled out got to do with your studies.
Maybe they use that as a measure to know if your Dad is really a big business man as you said.just pray in your next application God should give us a nice Vo

Amen thank you. Maybe that triggered a suspicion: how can my dad be an importer without having to travel out ?. because my dad imports goods through online communications with the senders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 8:26am On May 20, 2015
portelli:

Amen thank you guys. But does it mean no SAT no visa for engineering students even though the person took another standardize test like TOEFL?

I know say you dey fear SAT, just write it. Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:07am On May 20, 2015
portelli:

Amen thank you guys. But does it mean no SAT no visa for engineering students even though the person took another standardize test like TOEFL?
Not really. The CO who interviews you determine your fate.

From analysis of your interview, the VO was interested in SAT, not really TOEFL. And as an engineering student, taking SAT is more important than TOEFL or IELTS, like GRE over TOEFL. And she denied you a visa because of this. It's quite pitiful. For me, you did very well.

So, what you should do is get the SAT and replace your present school to University of Maryland. Next VO comes, look at your previous data and compare with your newest and stronger data and nods his or her head and approve your visa without so much stress.

Aside that, then, your dad might have travelled out of Nigeria as an importer. When someone is an importer, one thing that comes to people's mind is, he is a traveller cheesy

Nobody would believe you as an importer, if you haven't travelled out of your country. Example,

VO: Which state are you heading to in the United States?
Hustler: Texas.
VO: Where exactly in Texas?
Hustler: Austin.
VO: Ok. So, what do you do for a living?
Hustler: I'm an Importer.
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Hustler: No.
VO: Sorry, you're not qualified for this visa now but can reapply.

He comes here and complain that the VO did not look at his documents.

In a nutshell, with steadyfast and hardwork, I am pretty sure you'll make it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 9:46am On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:

From analysis of your interview, the VO was interested in SAT, not really TOEFL. And as an engineering student, taking SAT is more important than TOEFL or IELTS, like GRE over TOEFL. And she denied you a visa because of this. It's quite pitiful. For me, you did very well.

So, what you should do is get the SAT and replace your present school to University of Maryland. Next VO comes, look at your previous data and compare with your newest and stronger data and nods his or her head and approve your visa without so much stress.

Aside that, then, your dad might have travelled out of Nigeria as an importer. When someone is an importer, one thing that comes into people's mind is, he has travelled out of his home country cheesy

Nobody would believe you as an importer, if you haven't travelled out of your country. Example,

thank you very much. I appreciate ur advice and illustrations. I'll put them into consideration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:

So, what you should do is get the SAT and replace your present school to University of Maryland. [i][/i]Next VO comes, look at your previous data and compare with your newest and stronger data and nods his or her head and approve your visa without so much stress.

Aside that, then, your dad might have travelled out of Nigeria as an importer. When someone is an importer, one thing that comes to people's mind is, he is a traveller cheesy

He comes here and complain that the VO did not look at his documents.

It not adviceable to change school. He can still go for the same school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 10:26am On May 20, 2015
kennyrony:

I thought as much. because before I applied to this school, I first of all check whether it is recognised by going through the webpage of recognised schools in US at dhs website, from there I confirmed that the school is recognised by dhs. so, I wonder why they would delay my visa with I-20 from the sch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:40am On May 20, 2015
portelli:

I thought as much. because before I applied to this school, I first of all check whether it is recognised by going through the webpage of recognised schools in US at dhs website, from there I confirmed that the school is recognised by dhs. so, I wonder why they would delay my visa with I-20 from the sch.
It not because of the school. Changing the school now will only complicate issues. Probably you were not confident enough

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by abbeymaniak(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2015
technolee:
2.74 is not that bad dude. Are you an engineering student? If yes, check out university of North Dakota, Texas A&M Uni, Kingsville, Uni South Dakota. Peruse google and search for more. Don't be limited by the result as your GRE/TOEFL score would be factored during admission consideration. Never you patronise any agent.

Bro any suggestions for mgt science students grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:59am On May 20, 2015
abbeymaniak:

Bro any suggestions for mgt science students grin
Try Southern New Hampshire University. If u av any question on dat. Contact me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 20, 2015
kennyrony:

Yes but if his present school is not better than the school I mentioned earlier on, I think there's need for a change of institution in his next application in order not to let his dreams go in tatters.

This is my opinion though. He has the final say to his ambition.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:35pm On May 20, 2015
imperiouxx:

Oh, oh...... You won't hear from him for some time. He's getting the fact right now.

Once you step inside U.S, your orientation will change after a few months.

No one wants to live as undocumented forever.

I hope to know the outcome of those two fools (demmi or so) fooling themselves here with crappy puppy love.
Lmao grin grin imperiouxx baba. Idaw was only a friend here and like a younger bro. I never see am before sef.
Orientation must change oo, it's a crazy experience being on F1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 20, 2015
portelli:

thank you very much. I appreciate ur advice and illustrations. I'll put them into consideration.
Alright then.

Which school did you go with their I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:43pm On May 20, 2015
DeeTus:
Alright then.

Which school did you go with their I-20?
The school is not the problem. His final answer spoilt it all. You said your dad is an importer but never even travelled to Ghana before. Just look at that. He spoilt it all himself. The VO didnt have any choice than to approved him but he/she only played a psychological mind game to know if he's credible and he flopped.
Go get the visa again, don't panic and say the right thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 20, 2015
portelli:

Amen thank you. Maybe that triggered a suspicion: how can my dad be an importer without having to travel out ?. because my dad imports goods through online communications with the senders.
Your dad's travel history has nothing to do with your denial, it really doesn't hold any waters. We have a lot of importers here who haven't even travelled to ghana, they have people who do that for them. A family friend who imports cars from Germany and US hasn't even travelled out before (thick Igbo man) but two of his kids are here.

You would need to point out what your dad imports with confidence and don't blab. You finished secondary school since 2009(6years and only OND, how were you able to structure that. It's just like every other interview, if you goof the first 3questions doesn't mean they won't ask you all the 20 questions they have for you that day, and when you also goof the last one it automatically means you were dropped cos you didn't do well in the last one.

Just try and state clearly what you've been doing from 2009 to 2015 coherently stating dates if possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 20, 2015
zeezahbee:
The school is not the problem. His final answer spoilt it all. You said your dad is an importer but never even travelled to Ghana before. Just look at that. He spoilt it all himself. The VO didnt have any choice than to approved him but he/she only played a psychological mind game to know if he's credible and he flopped.
Go get the visa again, don't panic and say the right thing
OK. Wishing him the best of mother luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 20, 2015
portelli:

If I get you clearly you went with University of Maryland right? That's a great school, the schools you applied to are not bad at all. You also need to buttress more on why you didn't take SAT since you already have an engineering background considering your OND cert and IT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 20, 2015
Good morning Joebelly, Joenice and D*****

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao grin grin imperiouxx baba. Idaw was only a friend here and like a younger bro. I never see am before sef.
Orientation must change oo, it's a crazy experience being on F1.

zeezah, I know that he's just your good friend.

I just used your comment and subject to make a point to those that don't know that U.S changes everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 1:58pm On May 20, 2015
good day guys can I pay sevis fee via Western union?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:59pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
Yes in seme or find Someone in USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:01pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
@bartino I believe u are not new here, I wonder y u are still asking dis kind of question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 2:12pm On May 20, 2015
kennyrony:

@bartino I believe u are not new here, I wonder y u are still asking dis kind of question
the person in the USA says he can't pay it that I must do so from here,I already have a coupon number scanned the printout to him,yet he says he can't pay it....I don't know how to go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
the person in the USA says he can't pay it that I must do so from here,I already have a coupon number scanned the printout to him,yet he says he can't pay it....I don't know how to go about it
maybe he is in United State of Anambra.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:26pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
E ya, sorry abt dat. Probably he doesn't want to help u wit d payment. Maybe u should contact Slimmy if he can be of help or u go to Cotonu Seme border to pay it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 2:28pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
maybe he is in United State of Anambra.
hello man ain't here to joke, if you can't assist or say something of importance get your comments of my post please.okay and act like you got some sense,thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 2:30pm On May 20, 2015
kennyrony:

E ya, sorry abt dat. Probably he doesn't want to help u wit d payment. Maybe u should contact Slimmy if he can be of help or u go to Cotonu Seme border to pay it
can't I use western union? I got the account on the print out form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
hello man ain't here to joke, if you can't assist or say something of importance get your comments of my post please.okay and act like you got some sense,thank you.
Ahhhh... u ar already insulting who am recommending. tor, beta find an alternative den

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
can't I use western union? I got the account on the print out form.
You can't in Nigeria. Unless u travel to Cotonu to do dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by paulbets: 2:38pm On May 20, 2015
Ahhhh ahhhh. Kilonshelee eehhhn. E farabale joor
bartino:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
calm your tip down Mr., don't start pouring your frustration here. Just enter the bathroom and self-service them off.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 2:44pm On May 20, 2015
@bartino, cool down bro, u don't have to insult slimmy05. What he said *united state of anambra* doesn't warrant insult from you. Take it easy bro. * still laughing cos of the statement united state of anambra*.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.