Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,069 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus (742 Views)

Jonathan Beats Buhari In Rivers With Over 1.4 Million Votes- PUNCH / 2015 Election: PDP Wins First Seat In The House Of Reps / EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by ayoola22: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2009
We are told the latest crisis in Bankole’s house of rep is over whether the 4million given to them in December is an overdraft or a bonus and not just the power probe report. We wonder why the people that collected the money (since we discovered it’s not everybody), will assume they are special so it should be a bonus, or maybe they assume that it should be converted into a bonus and the rest of the house should collect their own. This notion is supported by the complaint by members, that why is the house returning 2 billion naira unspent fund, when really that will have paid for the bonus and still leave about half a billion naira?

The house that has not yet explained the inflated committee cars that was bought last year despite collecting money under monetization for cars, the rumor that the fight over constitution review is over the money to be spent and are now saying bank’s loan should be converted to bonus; we need to check the meaning of honorable again….

http://naijareports..com/2009/02/house-of-reps-4-million-naira.html
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2009
Roflmao!!!! Well, shouldn't we be rejoicing that they left us with 2.1 Billion naira change ?? Roflmao!!
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by mustafar1: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2009
everything we hear about our house of rep is about money, they only sat for some 90days all through 2008 and 89 of those days they talked about some money matter or the other.
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
I wonder what image these actions push? How do you RE-BRAND such actions by our own house of Reps?
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by mustafar1: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2009
you re-brand such by making sure it doesnt get on foreign media news gist list etc etc etc.
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Nemeziz9ja: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2009
yeah right!
Lock CNN out of Nigeria and shutdown the national internet access grid grin
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by mustafar1: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nemeziz9ja:

yeah right!
Lock CNN out of Nigeria and shutdown the national internet access grid grin

you know something, we hear gist about nigeria faster from these guys than even from nigerian news media. so that might be a plan.

if you care to listen to something by the foreign affairs minister, log into www.csis.org then type in nigeria in their search field, it should be the first search result, its a statemens forum he attended on jan 23rd. see the link to the audio clip on the right side of the page.
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Nemeziz9ja: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
;DOjo Maduekwe!!!

MR. MADUEKWE: Okay, very instructive, useful questions, and I want to thank you all for that – for the interest shown. On the first one, I liked the way it was framed – cooperation and competition – and some countries were mentioned, but in the context of that relationship, what are additional avenues for cooperation? Now, let me tell you, the issue of oil – again, speaking maybe tongue-in-cheek, but I mean it – oil has not really been a blessing to Nigeria, and I think I’m saying the obvious. None of our great universities were built with the oil revenue – Ibadan, Sukah (ph), ABU, all those great institutions – they were built with money from non-oil exports like cocoa, groundnut, palm oil and so on and so forth.
We fought the civil war without revenue from oil. But unfortunately for us, nearly the war was over, we ran into oil. Because if we didn’t run into oil when the war ended, the creativity that went into prosecuting that war and handling it without borrowing money from

Thats why we are not developing our Agriculture and Fairtrade now? And which money are they using to sustain (or destroy) the GREAT universities now?
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by jamace(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2009
Imagine that . #4 million for sallah/xmas alone, when my dad served this nation as a civil servant for 35 years and he was only paid #1.2million as gratuity. Oh Ngeria, is there any curse on you?  cry cry
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
must_a_far:

you re-brand such by making sure it doesnt get on foreign media news gist list etc etc etc.

Seems like the only way to RE-BRAND this sort of news. Problem is most of the news that comes from the house of reps carries this same sort of message, so maybe RE-BRANDING does mean withholding information from both the public and the media in general. And we wonder why Yar Adua is still sitting on the FOI Bill.
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by mustafar1: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nemeziz9ja:

;DOjo Maduekwe!!!

Thats why we are not developing our Agriculture and Fairtrade now? And which money are they using to sustain (or destroy) the GREAT universities now?

hope i didnt break what is left of ur heart on a joyful monday like this?
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2009
jamace:

Imagine that . #4 million for sallah/xmas alone, when my dad served this nation as a civil servant for 35 years and he was only paid #1.2million as gratuity. Oh Ngeria, is there any curse on you? cry cry

So how does speaking positive change the situation in this case? lol
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by jamace(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2009
So how does speaking positive change the situation in this case? lol

To inform and arouse the consciousness of all on the evil of giving #4m to a man for sallah/xmas relaxation in a country where poverty is ravaging those who they are supposed to serve. With this information, some of the politicians will see the evil they are perpetrating and with that the spirit of service could hit a few of them who could standup against it either now or in the future. Note that any information you recieve does not leave you the same. It will surely have an effect which might not be obvious at the moment but with time.
Re: House Of Reps 4 Million Naira Sallah/xmas Bonus by blacksta(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2009
I Love Nigeria. I would love to be a PoliSTEAlitian .  I say again Untill we are ready for a revolution we will never see change.  The fact of the matter your future generation's life has been mortgaged. When i get their i will surely do a remortage.

(1) (Reply)

I Have My Picture On. / Godwin Abbe Is An Idiot With A Warped Sense Of Reasoning / Nigeria Army: The Original Zombie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.