Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,830 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47868 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Once Bukky had finished hers, mama continued talking ‘’thank you but I no longer drink things like this; small time now jedijedi go catch person. I dey find money to complete house nor be to treat sickness. I tell you what I need, I need help quick quick. I need money to move away to my hometown and complete my house. I miss home and I need to be around my own people. I have stayed in this city for too long and now it’s time to go. The crocodile loves to sunbath by the riverbank but he knows when to dive into the river. Bukola, my spirit is worrying me and telling me to hurry up. I don’t want to die here’’

‘’Mama, you are putting too much pressure on me. Unfortunately I won’t be able to bear this burden this time. My husband and I have been quarrelling over Jesuorobo. That young man is bent on sending me out of this house!’’

Then mama held out a hand and stopped her daughter ‘’I’ve warned you several times but you have chosen to ignore me. I’ve told you to leave Osazuwa’s children alone. Anything to do with those children, my hand nor dey oh! The best you can do is talk and talk but don’t ever take any rash decision where they are concerned. If you push too hard that will be your undoing oh! Even that one that you think is harmless and is stuck up in the north, she is as powerful as her brother you see everyday’’

‘’Hmmm!’’

‘’Yes nah so don’t be carried away that the one you are seeing everyday is the thorn in your flesh. Let me tell you something even if Jesuorobo is planting his igbo plant on your head and raking it morning, noon and night my advise remains the same – leave that boy alone. I don’t want to talk too much but there is an impenetrable hedge around those children’’

‘’Hmmm! You keep saying that and sometimes I don’t understand what you mean. If there is a hedge around them then I have a hedge around me too. At the end of the day, we are all serving the same God’’

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
‘’My daughter nor be so ohhhhhhh! It is not everything that a wise man says and there is wisdom in counsel. The quickest way for you to leave this house will be to poke a finger in lawyer or doctor's eye. Talk all you want, rant until the sky falls but don’t touch them. That Jesuorobo that is doing like a mad man, he is not normal oh! Bukola, draw your ears and listen to me - LEAVE OSAZUWA'S CHILDREN ALONE! I told you earlier that I know how to pick my battles so let's leave it like that’’

Suddenly a dead silence pervaded the room as the unspoken reverberated around the parlor.

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
the interesting part of this piece is that you don't know what will happen next until the op spits it out.
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
Can people really do things like this? Shock, horror
Re: The Cul De Sac by wolewole200(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is wonderful!!!
Awesomely, brilliantly and absolutely wonderful!!!!
More insight for you.
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is story indeed,devoid of knowing the end from beginning! So devil's agent too know who to attack? Again interesting! Interesting!! Interesting!!!
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
OYAY:
This is story indeed,devoid of knowing the end from beginning! So devil's agent too know who to attack? Again interesting! Interesting!! Interesting!!!

Thanks. I must confess mama Bukky is my favourite character in this novel so writing this bit makes me laugh. She is a grin undecided cheesy
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
TWENTY THREE

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
xyz

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
xyz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
xyz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
''I don’t know these things. The presumption is that he is fine. He has kids already and I am the one who has never borne a child''

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
''Oh my daughter! Are you one of those fo.olish people who believe every infertility problem stems from a woman? You see your life? You are quick to assume you are the cause - what a shame! I have always drummed this thing into your ear but you never listened to me''

''Mama, God will do it in his time. Nothing is wrong with either of us. The doctor has assured us we have nothing to fear''

''What doctor is that? Is the doctor Osazuwa's friend? Did the doctor examine him? What doctor would say that without common SFA? Bukola, wake up and smell the coffee. I don’t need years to convince a loving man who is anxious to have a child with me. I don’t need to speak too much grammar before such a man goes for common SFA test! If Osazuwa is pretending he has no problem, then you pretend and let another man help you help him!’’

‘’Jesus Christ!’’ Bukky uttered. She staggered back in shock then mama eyed her and hissed before delivering another announcement ‘’siddon there carry last! Agbekpo!’’

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
phewwww

finally I'm here, ur story got me glued to my phone

nice job very impressive
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2015
Touchmeder, you are the best...I love you
No homo.
You and standd make me wish I had even half of your gifts. God bless you
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2015
may01:
Touchmeder, you are the best...I love you
No homo.
You and standd make me wish I had even half of your gifts. God bless you

God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2015
one thing about touchmeder is that there is no dull moment about his story. It pains me that other of your story are not available because of plagiarism
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
TWENTY FOUR

4 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
xyz

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
xyz

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
TWENTY FIVE

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
‘’You heard me right’’ Osazuwa replied. Then he turned a generous amount of water into his tumbler and finished it in one gulp.

‘’Darling, the old man insulted me!’’ Bukky cried out.

Then Osazuwa stopped her again with another sermon ‘’he is not called old man. He has a name, his name is Mr Rabiu and he is far older than you. He might be your domestic staff but he deserves to be respected. Show him some respect Bukky! Once upon a time you worked for me. If I treated you like trash I’m not sure you’ll be here today’’

‘’He insulted your wife in Hausa and when I confronted him, he switched to English! That old man … I mean Rabiu didn’t break a sweat the whole time! He is a sneaky fellow. Don’t be deceived because he walks with a slight limp or because he is an elderly man’’

‘’Bukky, how many seconds would it have taken to call me?’’

‘’Meaning?’’

‘’Meaning you must learn how to control yourself and respect authority. I employed that fellow for reasons best known to me. If you had problems with him, the correct thing was to wait for me. By the time I return, tempers might have calmed down and we would see things differently’’

‘’How can I see things differently when I have been insulted in my own home?’’

Osazuwa ignored her and continued ‘’if you could not wait for me, you could have picked up your phone to call me. As long as you didn’t employ him or pay his wages, you had no right to fire him without my approval!’’

Then Bukky got up, pushed her chair aside and announced ‘’Osazuwa, you should fight for me if a worker dares to disrespect me. It’s the same thing you do when your son disrespects me…’’

As she made that statement, Jesuorobo sauntered into the parlor and greeted his father. Then he announced in a mocking tone ‘’what have I done again?’’ the pair ignored him and Jesuorobo strolled out to take his evening smoke.

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
when the hunter becomes the hunted.
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mama Bukky is angry with her child. The juju don begin dey weak.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
xyz

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
xyz

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by hopilo4life(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nice Story Man,Please Keep It Rolling

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
hopilo4life:
Nice Story Man,Please Keep It Rolling

I appreciate.
Re: The Cul De Sac by tinusmit(f): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
Very nice and captivating,can't wait for more uploads...More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Cool piece U have!cheesy

I find it so easy to relate with cos am familiar with the names and placescheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by OsoDupe(f): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ahahaahaah, Bukky has got her hands full o. Nice piece op.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / "Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.